Commander message suppression

in WvW

Posted by: Minato.5294

Minato.5294

I was running with a commander the other day and he couldn’t communicate with his squad because he was message suppressed. This isn’t the first time this has happened since commanders need to ping a WP to regroup when running to camps to build golems or wiping to a large opposing force. Commanders shouldn’t be message suppressed or at least not get suppressed when trying to communicate commands such as gathering at pinged WP or POI, stacking, or blasting fields.

in WvW

Posted by: Razamatazz.9628

Razamatazz.9628

Agreed, but they are more worried about spammers I guess. Best thing to do is have a couple volunteers to type for them when this happens, its not too bad if you’re on TS/Vent/Mumble with them.

Lydeah – 80 Mesmer
Lorynne – 80 Guardian
[PB] – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Minato.5294

Minato.5294

We have a server TS but it’s hard to get pugs on outside of prime-time.

in WvW

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

A good workaround is to have someone else telegraph the commands through text. Also sometimes when I feel like I’m close to suppression, I ask the zerg to just type 1 in say or map or w/e. It’s not a permanent fix but I don’t see ANet actually doing anything about it anytime soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I was running with a commander the other day and he couldn’t communicate with his squad because he was message suppressed. This isn’t the first time this has happened since commanders need to ping a WP to regroup when running to camps to build golems or wiping to a large opposing force. Commanders shouldn’t be message suppressed or at least not get suppressed when trying to communicate commands such as gathering at pinged WP or POI, stacking, or blasting fields.

This was discussed pretty extensively in the recent WvW Commander Collaborative Discussion Initiative … which of course means that absolutely nothing will ever change about it.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Carnius Magius.8091

Carnius Magius.8091

I can see message suppression when someone uses cntl-v too much or accidentally spams their skill bar, but to use the same algorithm when the commander tag is up is ridiculous. Commanders need the ability to “spam” to do their job.

in WvW

Posted by: Melody Cross.8465

Melody Cross.8465

I can’t for the life of me understand why a commander would be suppressed to his squad. It makes as much sense as suppressing party chat.