Commanders

Commanders

in WvW

Posted by: Reincarnated.1754

Reincarnated.1754

I was not sure whether to post this here or in sugestions.

I have noticed quite an increase in commanders now, and sometimes we have a few on together.
I had an idea (verry dengerous), maybe arenanet could (If you have the book of corse) put in an option on the create squad to join as lieutenant (different colour), so you get an icon (different colour) that the main commander can send/direct ppl to.

I know this is what is done at the moment with all commanders showing the commander icon, but it would give those ppl not in command an idea of who has what roll in the event.

Just one of those silly ideas i woke up with this morning.
Wondered if anyone els has thoughts on it.
I meen as time goes on the place will be full of commanders and some thing might have to be done in the future

Commanders

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Just make the commander and squad system as /private or /guild only so ONLY those people in the squad can see the pin. I’m sure many of the people with pin’s up are simply trying to organize multiple groups or guild groups. That’s the simplest way to clear up unnecessary pins on the map and start allowing guilds to be more organized.

Not that this hasn’t been suggested a few hundred times….

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

Commanders

in WvW

Reincarnated.1754

It’s a long time since I suggested this, but with the new and wonderful game content we are getting now, where people have to get together in and organised event, I thought I would bring it up again and hopefully we may get more of a response.

An example now is tequatl
Here we have many commanders in the event.
I’m am sure it would be easier if one commander could say: blue squad here, red squad there …….. and so on.
I’m sure you get the picture.

Commanders

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

i still need to see teq update, the video of people jumping from one place to another felt like watching a video game for small kids…. was awfull but still need to gain courage to see it myself.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Commanders

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

A game for small kids? I have no clue where that thought process came from

They need pin dye’s, that’s all. Then each group can make it’s own ranked color theme’s.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Commanders

in WvW

Reincarnated.1754

They need pin dye’s, that’s all. Then each group can make it’s own ranked color theme’s.

That’s what I’m trying to say, Enable the tag to have different colours and players can decide what the colour represent.

Commanders

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

This isn’t as straightforward as all that. Whilst all BLs are effectively separate instances, and so each BL can have a set of ‘colours’, when one commander decides to border hop, his colour may already be chosen in the BL he choses to wp to.

As well, when tagging up, the commander will need to choose a colour. Once chosen, it becomes ‘locked out’, otherwise the old problem is again introduced. So what happens when all the colours are chosen? Does that mean no one else can tag up?

Devon has said that they are looking at the way Commander works (can’t remember where the thread is) and I can understand why they need to look carefully at how they do it.

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

Commanders

in WvW

Posted by: Gobabis.5296

Gobabis.5296

I have noticed quite an increase in commanders now, and sometimes we have a few on together.

Join the squad of the commander you wane to follow and all the other pins will disappear, if you are a commander ask your followers to join your squad, PROBLEM SOLVED. Guilds often run with out taggs as they run specific builds that get interfered with by pugs tagging along.

Commanders

in WvW

Reincarnated.1754

Join the squad of the commander you wane to follow and all the other pins will disappear, if you are a commander ask your followers to join your squad, PROBLEM SOLVED. Guilds often run with out taggs as they run specific builds that get interfered with by pugs tagging along.

I know all that, I am trying to suggest more options.

Guilds do run without there commander tag on and use the Target to identify there commander, this could be better used if each of the commanders parties could use it to target specific enemy.
If the commander of a guild could have the tag on and also identifies the fact it is a guild command and only want guilds members following, the commander can use the added utilities that come with the commander tag

I was just suggesting if we had colours:
In WvW
Blue: The main commander of the map
Gold: A guild squad
Green: A new commander wanting to learn leadership.
Other colours to be used for Types of command.

It would add feedback to all commanders on a map, and give an idea at to what a commander is doing.

Obviously this has not made any sense to a lot of people.

Commanders

in WvW

Reincarnated.1754

OMG, It’s happening.
Don’t know if they read this post last year or some one at Arena Net had the same idea.

I was hoping for more colours, but lets hope the colours are use as hope.

may be now people might discus what colours should be used for what?

Commanders

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Nice Necro, hope you get infracted. Please read the sticky!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Commanders

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Nice Necro, hope you get infracted. Please read the sticky!!!

Yeah! It’s ruined my day and my dog is crying! Infraction!!!11!

[HUE]