Concerning lag.

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Is Anet planning to do ANYTHING to address this lag? I need a straight answer right now.

WvW is literally the ONLY thing that keeps me playing this game. Not the gear grind for ascended, not that boring living story content, not dungeons, not the grind for cosmetic skins and not the crappy excuse for what they call Structured PVP. WvW IS THE ENDGAME. It’s the only thing that gives this game serious re-playability.

In the early days of GW2, skill lag in WvW was barely noticeable. I don’t know what happened but it’s gotten much worse now, especially in T1. This skill lag is extremely frustrating and absolutely gamebreaking. At this point, it’s simply unacceptable.

WvW brings so much joy to me in that I can choose to play individually, roam solo and stand against the zerg. It’s not like the gated content of FoTM or dungeons where you need 5 people in a group. In WvW, you can do what you want how you want it. When it comes to dealing with a zerg, there needs to be precise and quick action. The lag absolutely demolishes any effort pf this and the mob of people spamming autoattack will win every time. I’m very happy that Anet fixed culling as that was a major issue for many. The new ranking system is a nice edition with many flaws but that’s another story. Right now, they need to address the lag. I can’t continue playing a game that is broken like this.

Arenanet, are you planning to address the lag issue in World vs. World? Will you at least acknowledge it?

Regards. -Volke The Rogue.

EDIT: Patch notes 5/14

Optimizations

We’re rolling out our first set of optimizations. This is the first in many steps involved in helping resolve issues with “skill lag.” Some players will experience a slight improvement in skill lag issues with large groups of players, while some players may also experience a slight raise in their FPS.

Faith in Anet restored. If they can fix culling, they will fix the lag eventually.

(edited by Phoenixfudge.5290)

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Is Anet planning to do ANYTHING to address this lag? I need a straight answer right now.

I guarantee that you aren’t going to get it. ANet has acknowledged the lag and has admitted that it is a server side issue, but nothing beyond that.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

Someone has an unwaranted sense of self entitlement

Oi gumin!

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

(edited by frostshade.3617)

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

Stop blobbing and you will have fixed the lag.

Our server dropped one tier this week and the difference is amazing, frequent skill lag → no skill lag at all, simply because the enemies don’t blob in this tier like they do in the other.

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

ok ANet has admitted it to be server side so they might be doing something to it.

the removel of culling has brought the skill lag instead

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

ok ANet has admitted it to be server side so they might be doing something to it.

Wow really this skill lag was before culling fix and Anet said that they would fix it but its a bit more complex then the culling fix so it will take more time.
Do you guys even try to look these things up before jumping to conclusion?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Our server dropped one tier this week and the difference is amazing, frequent skill lag -> no skill lag at all, simply because the enemies don’t blob in this tier like they do in the other.

while this is true, this is not ‘a solution’ in any sense.

Not every server can simply ‘drop a tier’ and not every server can stop blobbing or they lose against the other blobbing servers.

This game in WvW is designed for blobbing and most mechanics support it.
Small team action can be important, especially in the lower regions of the tiers, but it never is the decissive factor for winning the match.
Blobbing is, simply because numbers are what counts for most in the end.

Just like not every player can move down tiers to get a more enjoyable gaming experience in WvW.
I dropped from T3 to T8 myself, because I couldn’t waste all my time on queues and than be faced with lagg if and when I finally got in.
This is not something all players can do, since that would only shift the problem…

‘Stop blobbing’
It’s not that simple.

small edit: I have fought Gandara in the past… you guys blob as much as the next. But happy for you that you ended in a tier where it’s less of a general strategy than. Things can only get more exciting

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

(edited by Kimbald.2697)

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

“Right now” doesn’t really works for anyone. They have acknowledged the issue, alas, they are working on it. Have patience or stop playing until they find a solution.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Well, casuals are needed to keep WvW running, that’s why you see useless WXP ranks and now traps (lol) instead of fixes aimed at the lag. Unfortunately for you, you picked or bandwagoned to a server with 10x more casuals than most other servers.

So… Enjoy your lag.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

Not the gear grind for ascended, not that boring living story content, not dungeons, not the grind for cosmetic skins and not the crappy excuse for what they call Structured PVP.

+1. PvP is neglected in this game majorly..

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

They have acknowledged the issue, and from what I have seen/read don’t really plan on doing anything about it. Kind of like the condition damage problem. It is a server side issue, but improving it will cost them $$$ which is something they really don’t want to do.

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

WvW is literally the ONLY thing that keeps me playing this game. Not the gear grind for ascended, not that boring living story content, not dungeons, not the grind for cosmetic skins and not the crappy excuse for what they call Structured PVP. WvW IS THE ENDGAME. It’s the only thing that gives this game serious re-playability.

In the early days of GW2, skill lag in WvW was barely noticeable. I don’t know what happened but it’s gotten much worse now, especially in T1. This skill lag is extremely frustrating and absolutely gamebreaking. At this point, it’s simply unacceptable.

WvW brings so much joy to me in that I can choose to play individually, roam solo and stand against the zerg. It’s not like the gated content of FoTM or dungeons where you need 5 people in a group. In WvW, you can do what you want how you want it. When it comes to dealing with a zerg, there needs to be precise and quick action. The lag absolutely demolishes any effort pf this and the mob of people spamming autoattack will win every time. I’m very happy that Anet fixed culling as that was a major issue for many. The new ranking system is a nice edition with many flaws but that’s another story. Right now, they need to address the lag. I can’t continue playing a game that is broken like this.

Arenanet, are you planning to address the lag issue in World vs. World? Will you at least acknowledge it?

Regards. -Volke The Rogue.

I feel you pain. Yesterday, I was in a 3 way fight in stonemist in tier 3. The lag was terrible. I couldnt use any skills and somehow we had to destroy all the arrow carts inside lords room. I felt like I spent the whole time dancing with my enemies inside lords room because I couldn’t touch them and it seems most couldn’t touch me as well, unless with an arrow cart.

I was going to try to destroy some arrow carts, but all I could do was look at it. I stared at the guy on the arrow cart and he stared back. His arrow cart was working so yea I just took off at that point and went to the borderlands. It was pretty pathetic.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Culling and skill lag are not related (not from the technology aspect), except for the fact that removing culling brought more people back to WvW and therefore created a greater server-side burden.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Cactus.2710

“Right now” doesn’t really works for anyone. They have acknowledged the issue, alas, they are working on it. Have patience or stop playing until they find a solution.

Actually, they already know the solution. So does most everyone else on these boards. It requires server-side hardware upgrades, more server-side network bandwidth, and probably some server-side software modifications since ANet merges server capacity for WvW. And while ANet has acknowledged the problem, agreed it is one their end, and stated that it would be a difficult thing to address … they never actually said they planned to fix it. If you believe otherwise I’d like to see the link.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

In the early days of GW2, skill lag in WvW was barely noticeable. I don’t know what happened but it’s gotten much worse now, especially in T1.

When GW2 first came out, all of the players distributed themselves among the servers roughly evenly because there was no reason to prefer one server over another. Now… well you get the picture.

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Well, casuals are needed to keep WvW running, that’s why you see useless WXP ranks and now traps (lol) instead of fixes aimed at the lag. Unfortunately for you, you picked or bandwagoned to a server with 10x more casuals than most other servers.

So… Enjoy your lag.

The false sense of superiority is strong with this one.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

So… Enjoy your lag.

The false sense of superiority is strong with this one.

Would you mind elaborating?

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

ANET has said they are working to fix skill lag, and as a matter of fact, i spoke directly with a Dev in LA who was specifically working on that issue. He said it is one of their top priorities.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Posted by: natzmc.2895

natzmc.2895

You got your answer today, the patch notes include the first in a role out of optimization updates, it might not fix everything right away but shows they are working on optimizing the game to fix the issues.

This should be enough for people in my opinion, the fact they admitted fault and are obviously working behind the scenes. Anyone who played lotro in the last 2 years will understand (imagine the skill lag in a huge wvw fight only apply it to 12 people in a raid that they cannot do not matter what, skills will just not work)

Concerning lag.

in WvW

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

Our server dropped one tier this week and the difference is amazing, frequent skill lag -> no skill lag at all, simply because the enemies don’t blob in this tier like they do in the other.

while this is true, this is not ‘a solution’ in any sense.

Not every server can simply ‘drop a tier’ and not every server can stop blobbing or they lose against the other blobbing servers.

This game in WvW is designed for blobbing and most mechanics support it.
Small team action can be important, especially in the lower regions of the tiers, but it never is the decissive factor for winning the match.
Blobbing is, simply because numbers are what counts for most in the end.

Just like not every player can move down tiers to get a more enjoyable gaming experience in WvW.
I dropped from T3 to T8 myself, because I couldn’t waste all my time on queues and than be faced with lagg if and when I finally got in.
This is not something all players can do, since that would only shift the problem…

‘Stop blobbing’
It’s not that simple.

small edit: I have fought Gandara in the past… you guys blob as much as the next. But happy for you that you ended in a tier where it’s less of a general strategy than. Things can only get more exciting

Well, the thing is that losing the matchup is rewarded by moving your server to a less blobby tier and winning is punished by moving you to a more blobby tier. It would indeed result in losing a few times if your server starts relying more on smaller groups, but you are rewarded by dropping in tiers where the skill lag will be less and less until you stabilize in a tier where smaller groups are effective enough to win the matchup every now and then.

I’ll admit that Gandara has definitely blobbed up in the past and will probably do so again in the future (as it happens naturally in some fights), but it also has quite a few guilds dedicated to avoiding the blobs (although this has caused some pugs to accuse them of being elitist etc) who are now very happy at not having blobbed up and being in a better tier.

I know it’s only natural to want to win, but if you’re not enjoying the effects your strategies are having (besides winning) then it’s time to weigh the pros against the cons of the strategy and see whether having an enjoyable time playing might be more important than winning.

This method isn’t shifting the problem as every server that would think this way would reduce the number of super blobby servers by one and as such reduce the number of tiers with super blobs. There will of course always be cases of a lot of people gathering up at the same point (for example if there’s nothing else to do in a map) and you can’t get rid of blobbing entirely, just try and not have it be the default strategy and just something that happens by accident.

Naturally Anet has to fix this skill lag problem whatever people do as it’s within their given parameters of #people allowed on a single map that’s causing the skill lag.

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold