Concider getting rid of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

World V World. The idea was great on paper. But after 3 years, the proof is in the pudding. WvW does not work! Not saying that ppl don’t want WvW grand scale battles. On the contrary. ppl want it. Just not splited from everything else in the game.

It has not worked for Warhammer on line, & sure is not working for Gw2. Sure there are the 3-4 servers that specialize & enjoys the WvW experience. But the overall consensus has bin consistent since the last 3 years. & the lack of the majority of participating servers has left WvW matchup’s unbalance from lack of participation. Sure Anet has come with multiple solutions during the last 3 years to peek players interest. Except one. Making Pve an OPEN WORLD PVP. Bring the chaos & get rid of the staleness. Make the actual world a place where you want to live in, instead of creating separate & isolated instances. Like a Guild hall that’s over costly & nobody use in the end. Mostly nobody. I bet 500 gold guild housing in major cities would of work way much better then Guildhalls as a separate instance.

Yes make it like WoW open wolrd pvp, but with the option similar to Blade & soul where you can switch out so not be affected by pvp. It would take a major game overhaul. But this game needs at the exception of spvp, to centralize evrything with in the world it self. Not separated from it in different instances or game mods.

Before you rant & criticize on me, concider this. WoW core game has withstood the test of time & has still over a 5million players base. So there proof of concept must be on the dot. & i’m not talking about the expansions & the crappy stuff they come out with. I,m talking about the open world pvp. There chaos works. There numbers prooves it.

There is way to many poor decision making from Anet part on what players like & do not like when it comes to an mmo. & after 3 years there is so many free pass that player base will allow Anet before it truly hurts the game by dropping it.

(edited by Vieux P.1238)

in WvW

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

Ive never played WoW so i cant attest to or criticize its system. I’m not sure getting rid of wvw and changing it to open world pvp would be the best thing for anet. GW2 prides itself on having a friendly community, i think open world pvp would make it toxic, which anet does not want. a lot of people play this game solely for wvw like myself, if they got rid of it they would lose a good amount of their playerbase and while wvw is struggling i’d still rather have it than not have it at all. Also if you make it an optional thing to turn pvp on or off, im not sure you would get that many fights, at that point you might as well just queue pvp arenas. Again i havent played WoW so i dont know how their system works, but having played games like Archeage, i personally did not like open world pvp. plus i think it would kitten off pve’ers to have blob fights on their maps lol.

shit guardian on maguuma

(edited by MadBomber.3719)

in WvW

Vieux P.1238

I understand. & your not the only one who feels the same about open world pvp. But you are in the minority. & this hold deal about toxicity community & making it friendly, the dream has got to stop. It does not exist. especially in Gw2. Yes of course you meet nice friendly ppl to help out. But to say That Gw2 is not toxic or on the low end. Oh plzz. Besides, ppl are board of that friendly compared to ill kill ya competitiveness. & as i said, you still can pve peacefully with the same option they have on Blade & Soul to turn off pvp. But player base are leaving cuz the game is lacking in toxicity as you mention. The proof is there. Ppl need that blood rushing feeling they have in AA, WoW & soon to be Blade & Soul. But imagine combining the winning ideas already implement in Gw2 such as map scaling & open world pvp for does who want’s it. With the excitement of mining or gathering resources before others do. giving the incentive & motive to kill you. I hate to be ganked, but i love to revenge my self at the same time. It get’s players blood rushing.

Ps: just for note, ArchAge was number mmo for a wile until Trion kitten it up with there greed. $$$. But it was number 1 becuz of it’s open world pvp designe. One of the best mmo’s out there. to bad for the poor bad decisions.

(edited by Vieux P.1238)

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

This game wasn’t designed for open world PvP – period. The game designers have said so over and over and over. The game would have to be totally redesigned from the ground up and open world PvP DOES NOT FIT into the lore of the Guild Wars Universe.

If you want open world PvP – play a game that has it. Plain and simple. If you like WoW – go play it but there are NO FACTIONS IN THIS GAME, like there is in WoW. I think you need to re-think your arguments. The game is about fighting the Dragons, not each other, like in WoW.

WvW needs a better revamp that it had. The new maps, while nice, are too big (they could actually have 4 v 4 or 5 v 5 in maps this size. Also, auto-upgrading needs to be thrown in the trash as it makes keeps so hard to cap and makes Havoc groups useless.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I understand. & your not the only one who feels the same about open world pvp. But you are in the minority.

You’ve been in the minority on this topic, give it a rest already.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

MadBomber.3719

Ps: just for note, ArchAge was number mmo for a wile until Trion kitten it up with there greed. $$$. But it was number 1 becuz of it’s open world pvp designe. One of the best mmo’s out there. to bad for the poor bad decisions.

i hated AA, the idea was good, but terrible game. so i guess im not the right person comment on this. It did have potential but yea Trion F’d it up badly. like the person above me said, GW2 isnt built for open world pvp, and judging the way anet has handled wvw, i think it would just end up in complete disaster. you either kitten off all the pvp/ wvwers or you kitten off all the pve’ers (which takes up most of their player base) who want nothing to do with pvp. At this point anet cant afford to keep losing players
plus if you want pve + wvw just go eotm lol

shit guardian on maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It kinda work in T1. If the waypoints on the new maps weren’t always contested it would be easier to move around. It still needs more waypoint.

There is not enough people playing guild wars 2 for open world pvp.

in WvW

Vieux P.1238

It kinda work in T1. If the waypoints on the new maps weren’t always contested it would be easier to move around. It still needs more waypoint.

There is not enough people playing guild wars 2 for open world pvp.

Of cours theres not anoth players playing Gw2, that’s cuz there splited between the 3 mods when there should be only 2 mods.

& yes, if you read my comment before. Open world would need a major overhaul & Map design.

in WvW

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

Many would like a WoW type open world PvP experience, but without the subscription. Makes sense, but the owPvP experience doesn’t appeal to everyone, myself included. However, in the megaserver system, it might be possible to create an instanced server that allows owPvP. Not with a lot of high end features, but basic PvP for everyone on that server. People could then guest over and be in the company of others that shared their enjoyment of owPvP. In this system there is little possibility that PvE players would meet with the insults and harassment that sometimes exist in owPvP. Any unwanted fight requests outside of the owPvP server could be treated as harassment and the appropriate action taken. Lobbying Anet for something like this seems more likely to succeed than attempting to force it into PvE, or to replace WvW with owPvP.

in WvW

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

dont know if you are thinking about the big picture here as a tier 1 server(pvp guild) i am certain you do not want my guild or any pvp guild out there bag hunting while you are doing pve just saying

in WvW

Vieux P.1238

Alloy.2839, pvp open world server, witch is actually a great idea i thought at the begining. But after thinking about it, you might already isolate dwindling population by transferring ppl over to a pvp server. As i mentioned on my OP, the best solution is the one Blade & soul came out with where you can turn on or off you pvp option. so you dont have to be bothered by trollers & all. Witch fixes Alloy.2839 trolling zergy guild hurges..

in WvW

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

When has open-world PVP ever been truly successful in WoW? I’ve played WoW for years and the only time open-world PVP has thrived is when Blizzard first created their ranking system and was awarding high tier gear for participation. It would be like Anet putting ascended level drops in WvW. Open world PVP has never been successful because the general audience follows loot and loot can’t exist in open-world pvp.

in WvW

Vieux P.1238

Since when, since they still are the number 1 mmo on the market with still over 5 million subscribers still paying they 15$ monthly to lay this broken kitten but still exiting game.

How many is there in Gw2? & you know what, it’s not hard to see by the content of post on the forum that ppl are complaining of the problems Gw2 mods have. & on how much lack of ppl are playing it. It always had bin the issue. Not an issue in WoW. so plz don’t compar. I to played WoW for years. I know what it is.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Would be hilarious use kill shot or arrow carts when people try to glide in verdant brink.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

Since when, since they still are the number 1 mmo on the market with still over 5 million subscribers still paying they 15$ monthly to lay this broken kitten but still exiting game.

How many is there in Gw2? & you know what, it’s not hard to see by the content of post on the forum that ppl are complaining of the problems Gw2 mods have. & on how much lack of ppl are playing it. It always had bin the issue. Not an issue in WoW. so plz don’t compar. I to played WoW for years. I know what it is.

I’m not arguing over the success of WoW, I’m arguing over the success of open-world PVP in WoW which currently doesn’t exists and with the exception of a brief period of time during Vanilla never existed. If GW2 adopted this style, then WvW would not exists at all. It would just be sPVP and PVE/PVP with the PVP part including random ganking and any sort of grieving a small squad of players can think of.

in WvW

Vieux P.1238

Would be hilarious use kill shot or arrow carts when people try to glide in verdant brink.

you can do that in WoW. Shoot em in mid air. it is pretty funny & cool. :P

(edited by Vieux P.1238)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

So instead of having 3 empty maps for wvw, you want them to create 32 empty open pvp maps? I’ve played on pvp servers on WoW, it always came down to being a gankfest than anything else, high levels preying on low levels.

Maybe it would be different for GW2 since everyone gets scaled to same levels, but the majority of players in GW2 are pve’ers, and I doubt they would be happy about pvp’ers cluttering up their maps.

I’m sure this would be a paradise for roamers and maybe small groups looking to gank people, not so much zerg groups as they want to find other zergs to fight and the quickest way to do that in 32 zones would be just pick one zone and go there, lion’s arch battle royale! all day every day!.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

WvW works…its just the devs working on wvw are not good enough. Get a new team in that is properly motivated please anet, the current tem you have isnt that good.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Utterly against open world PvP being installed in this game. WoW open world was a bunch of high levels camping Stranglethorn to grief lowbies.

Something I would not be against though is creating a new type of WvW. How about a 50v50v50 4-hour campaign-style map that reset itself 6 times daily? Kick everyone at the 4 hour mark, reset whatever upgrades were there, and then let players back in. Give each time segment a value, and add that up at the end of the day/week/month to crown the champion. Make rewards based upon participation/activity during the week, and not purely on KTraining around the map.

in WvW

Vieux P.1238

Kaiser.9873. It dont matter how high level you are. You scale down on lower maps. So it’s better then WoW cuz when you get trolled by a player, you get trolled at same level.
Xenesis.6389, whoes talking about creating 32 empty maps. you dont see it do you or get it. ???

in WvW

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

I understand. & your not the only one who feels the same about open world pvp. But you are in the minority.

You’ve been in the minority on this topic, give it a rest already.

Hah, nice catch, DeWolfe… that sentence was something of a joke for me… there’s a huge chunk of players who play WvW only; they don’t care for PvE maps or gameplay at all (or very little). And how are WvW-lovers a minority on this section of the forum? This thread would better suit the GW2/HoT section if it’s about adding PvP to PvE; here, it simply comes across as an inflammatory remark.

On the whole, I wouldn’t mind if there was some kind of server-based PvP toggle you could flip on or off at any time (outside combat) in PvE maps. Or a “challenge to duel” option that gives an accept/refuse choice to the recipient. I think Anet prefers to have us make guild halls/arenas for that, though. Pity, because my guild’s never going to get there.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

(edited by Swift.1930)

in WvW

Vieux P.1238

Swift.1930 I bet , you prolly part of one of the lucky 3 to 4 active WvW servers. & is not suffering from the lack of active population. You can feel entitle to say what you want, but the truth is all over the WvW post. & you gonna tell me there all in the minority? plzzzz. *eyeroll

in WvW

Swift.1930

Swift.1930 I bet , you prolly part of one of the lucky 3 to 4 active WvW servers. & is not suffering from the lack of active population. You can feel entitle to say what you want, but the truth is all over the WvW post. & you gonna tell me there all in the minority? plzzzz. *eyeroll

I’m in a middle tier (you can see my signature, right?) that has an on/off population. Had a grand population before the alpine map was removed. You’re setting yourself up with a ghost majority, because while there are issues with WvW that people are frustrated about, only you have suggested actually getting rid of it. You can roll your eyes all your like, but it ain’t gunna make you the voice of the WvW forum, bud.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873. It dont matter how high level you are. You scale down on lower maps. So it’s better then WoW cuz when you get trolled by a player, you get trolled at same level.
Xenesis.6389, whoes talking about creating 32 empty maps. you dont see it do you or get it. ???

Scaling is and has been broken. A true 80 is always going to have more tools than an uplevel, or downlevel for that matter.

in WvW

Vieux P.1238

Scaling is and has been broken. A true 80 is always going to have more tools than an uplevel, or downlevel for that matter.

That is true.. but thats ok.. thats the bit of motivation to level up. A bit of god hood is always nice to entice you. Plus evan that 80 with a bit more has limits vs a good low level group.

in WvW

Swift.1930

That is true.. but thats ok.. thats the bit of motivation to level up. A bit of god hood is always nice to entice you. Plus evan that 80 with a bit more has limits vs a good low level group.

The issue here is that if a level 80 actually wanted to troll low level places, he/she could bring a group. A group of 80s will always outmatch a similar size or slightly bigger group of 12s. If entering PvP mode on maps was locked according to level range, that… could possibly work. A bit like switching on Hard Mode in GW1 (have to be max lvl).

On a side note, it would be hilarious if the mode worked in a different way – in a way that, as soon as you turn 80, you can toggle PvP mode to make yourself hittable. It’d be hilarious to see a group of 12s running around, completely invulnerable themselves, smacking a fleeing 80 troll-wannabe over the head with pointy sticks.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

(edited by Swift.1930)

in WvW

Vieux P.1238

Swift.1930, you talk allot just to have the last word. You will always have an argument to what ever i say no matter what. & it’s wasting energy just trying to show you that it has bin done & working way much better then what we have here. But i dont care, cuz theres already way to many post in WvW prooving my point. No one is playing WvW at the exceptions of a few servers that specialize in it.

in WvW

Swift.1930

Swift.1930, you talk allot just to have the last word. You will always have an argument to what ever i say no matter what. & it’s wasting energy just trying to show you that it has bin done & working way much better then what we have here. But i dont care, cuz theres already way to many post in WvW prooving my point. No one is playing WvW at the exceptions of a few servers that specialize in it.

Not really sure why you’re attacking me when I’m actually supporting part of your idea. Which of your points exactly are you saying the other threads prove? Your thread title is directly pointing at deleting an online battlefield game mode that (while it does need some repair, and Anet is working on that) is a really good game mode when people are on. I’ve seen a lot of goodbye posts, a lot of “please fix” posts, and a lot of “why these changes?” posts, but never a “please delete WvW” post until now.

It’s curious that you also don’t care for my replies, since every reply is also a thread bump and an opportunity for you to reinforce/support your idea. If you’re really so unhappy about that, I’ll obligingly cease.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

(edited by Swift.1930)

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

WvW is a battlefield. If we want to stay at the WoW example it is more like the big battlefield maps like Alterac valley or the big battlefield in Wotlk expansion, not like the open world pvp in WoW.
I loved the big battlefiels in WoW. I love WvW. I hate open world gank PvP. So please don’t think that EVERY WvW player must love your idea. I think your idea is terrible.

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

in WvW

Posted by: Rhizo.5089

Rhizo.5089

First off, it is consider not concider. Secondly, anyone who uses WOW as any point of reference on WVW should be laughed off the server. WOW has never ever been considered as a standard for WvW. They are strictly a PVE game with structured raids. The game GW2 WVW was modeled after is DAOC. Tri-realm fighting is the gold standard. There were even some posts the original dev’s were fans of DAOC. The dev’s at DAOC tried to implement pve content known as the TOA expansion and it drove away droves of people. The final nail in the coffin was EA bought mythic. WVWers want open world battles on a stage that supports such activity. PVE is something we endure to gear up to get to WVW.

in WvW

Posted by: Rabbitstew.2756

Rabbitstew.2756

So, let me get this straight — you are proposing that the fix for WvW is to get rid of it and send all those players (who barely fill up those maps, if at all) to the PvE maps (which are much larger, so 0% chance of filling them with WvW players)? That people who are normally there (the PvE’ers) can just opt-out of the PvP if they don’t want to participate? (which will be all of the PvE’ers, as who actually wants to be ganked?…)

And you want to do this because other successful games, like WoW, have open-world PvP? And you think those games are so successful because of their open-world PvP? And that GW2 will benefit from those systems even though at its basic structure it’s so very different?

Well then, my answer to this whole thing — Wrong. Please Try Again.

in WvW

Vieux P.1238

Rabbitstew.2756 & others , there is no fixing WvW. & all of you are the same ppl crying cuz the world is empty on most servers making it unbalance. When are you going to realize the numbers shows it? & to replace it for an open world pvp? Absolutely. Every body entitle to there opinion. Just yours bin applied for the last 3 years. & look where it’s at now.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowresli.3782

Shadowresli.3782

let me guess, the OP plays as a main perma Stealth Thief, likes to gank upleveled people and makes this outrageous proposition, because there are not enough people in wvw these days.

The sad thing is, that anet is more likely to listen to such people, than to wvw veterans

proudly wiped by RG and Funny Sunny Bunny

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

Rabbitstew.2756 & others , there is no fixing WvW. & all of you are the same ppl crying cuz the world is empty on most servers making it unbalance. When are you going to realize the numbers shows it? & to replace it for an open world pvp? Absolutely. Every body entitle to there opinion. Just yours bin applied for the last 3 years. & look where it’s at now.

So, you think that the fix to a dying game mode is to close it entirely, and have the evs rewrite the ENTIRE game to cater for the few thousand wvw’rs, who could then disappear into the meta server system and try and find anyone who is doing pve that happens to have pvp enabled?

Just because you think open world pvp is a good idea (why does that bring up an image of some spotty kid or socially inept adult hiding in a basement who gets off on ganking pixels..) doesn’t mean we do.

As a mainly wvw player I’d absolutely categorically state I would be 100% against any form of open world pvp in any pve map. The last thing we need is more pve in our wvw maps.

Being able to ‘opt out’ just means your little ganker will switch off as soon as they meet anyone who has a chance at beating them, then come cry on the forums about it.

Anyway, no point debating it, they will not ever devote the resources your idea would need so this thread would be best served by deleting it.

Apparently the OP is off to play Blade and Soul on the 19th and doesn’t care anyway (according to his other posts anyway),

(edited by Notsoperky.2348)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

CLosing wvw and then spread the whole playerbase all over the pve instance maps so they can find eachother? Even worse then the state wvw is in currently. That will be a REAL needle to find in a huuuuuge haystack to get a fight going.

You want open world pvp, you join WoW or something.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

This seams very similiar to Ragnarok Online “War of Emperium” where they had several castles where guild could counquer against heach other make their own base in pve, map queus were a problem and this would be even a worse problem to gw2 since game is to heavy dependand form shard and limitig numbers of players per shard.

To make that to work, game could adopt a megaserver + Mist war map, with several maps, each map had 2 castles + resources to guild and players or 4/8 towers with guild resrouces to help the smaller guilds to improving their GH.
Anet could adopt and change the tyria map add each faction a spawn point or drop ship to atack XYZ map, factions map boundries should have a defense and atacking point frontier similiar to “The Great Northern Wall”.

This way game would mantain the Guildwars theme, guilds could fight w/o moving server and creating the popilation issues just to fight another guilds, communities could stay together if they are really that organized, game could add some flavour by owning a zone where alliance could upgrade area aggound the castle, mine, supply camp, not so dirty gimmick thing kitten open spots for daredevil/thief class role in WvW use glide pad to scout map and alerting of enemies on map, thus players being rewarded etc.

let me add an example how guilds could work in a “open intanced map world”.
Guilds could form up an alliance, if needed to add more non-friendly fire IF alliance guilds were full there would be another option to set Friendly guild/alliance, and other to add Enemy-guild, if a enemy guild were spoted in map(like the actual sentries detecting enemies) would alert the entire guild “guild X spoted in XYZ”, and this would happen only if same guilds were in same map only.
Altough i do believe game engine and Anet evolution point of view goes against a open world game w/o shard system, spread withing redundancies and resets, WvW could be a continuous gameplay even have a ladder per faction to most contribuious guilds.

Vieux P.1238 the problem to WvW is that it went to much themepark, and Anet improved more guimmicks trying to cover the real issue, and thus leaving into game state, wich is actually the oposite from wha tpeople want, people want to have credit for batling besides server ppt that gets reseted every 7 days, it is a good placebo to make people keep doing the same redundancies without adding more valuable rewards to group play and fix alot of issues.

just my 2 cents, just to say this changes could exist just not in pve map.

Edit: 2 problems in my opinion with gw2 evolution and testing was that their experiences went only inside Action mmo based and themepark mmo.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

MadBomber.3719

This seams very similiar to Ragnarok Online “War of Emperium”

RO WoE was the best, one of the main reasons i decided to play GW2 because WvW reminded me of it. Miss that game so much.

shit guardian on maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Vieux, you’re really not doing yourself, or your opinion, any favours by trying to belittle/mock peoples opinions. If you truly want a constructive discussion, you need to be constructive with people who disagree with you too.

As to the idea of concentual OW PvP, I myself am not against it, per say, but I do see the issues with it. Let me give an example of why it could cause an issue for some:

Lets say a group decides it would be fun to have a massive battle fought across a jumping puzzle. Do you think the PvE only players trying to do that JP would be happy with this? Hell no. And what if players are tryng to tackle a big meta event but the PvP players are fighting each other in the middle of it, just to troll.

While there are some merits to OW PvP, it does come at a price, and it is that price I believe Anet is trying to avoid by making WvW seperate. As to WvW being unsalvageable, I disagree. There is hope for the mode yet, it just needs Anet to make the right decisions and implement the right mechanics. The foundation is there, and can work.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

This seams very similiar to Ragnarok Online “War of Emperium”

RO WoE was the best, one of the main reasons i decided to play GW2 because WvW reminded me of it. Miss that game so much.

Same, i actually was playing DaoC and RO when started to play GW1, reason got hyped into gw2 wvw.

what a bummer…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Hennet.1530

Hennet.1530

WvW is the only game mode I enjoy that i play I hate the Zerker meta I just like to run Support helping out lost of people going pure DPS is just boring even DPS/Support is pretty boring in raids so far.

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

You mean paying 15 dollars a month to raid once a week(which you now get here for free). Like 99.5% of their suspected 5 million actually play for open world PvP, the rest just quest, dungeons, and raid. Poor example for you to give on implementing an open world pvp experience in GW2, sorry!

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They’ve already said that open world PvP wasn’t an option for this game.

Guild Wars 2 redefines open world PvP
The overall design for Guild Wars 2 does not support fully open world PvP and it would take a prohibitive amount of work to even make it possible. World versus world is our version of open world PvP, and while it isn’t ‘true’ open world PvP for more PvP purists, it does contain many of the elements that make world PvP so exciting. Hopefully it will mostly satisfy people that want open world PvP. — Mike Ferguson

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in WvW

Vieux P.1238

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

While i would find a good open world PvP within some kind of faction System nice, it won´t fit GW2. Its not designed for it. WvW needs a fast and playable rework. And it is not to hard, but it does not happen. It feels like no one cares about evolving WvW.

in WvW

Vieux P.1238

No its not.. it would need a full overhaul..Maps, resources & everything. But for now, point is there wasting all there energy & resources making new mega maps & all sorts of mods that ppl are not getting into. Plus the imbalance that dont help. With no one actually playing it. So they should consider it. New game.. with some old stuff from the Gw1 & evrything that actually works for player base.

Just to add on.. look at this huge thread pushing the point i made. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/How-many-quit-playing-WvW-since-new-maps

(edited by Vieux P.1238)

in WvW

MadBomber.3719

No its not.. it would need a full overhaul..Maps, resources & everything. But for now, point is there wasting all there energy & resources making new mega maps & all sorts of mods that ppl are not getting into. Plus the imbalance that dont help. With no one actually playing it. So they should consider it. New game.. with some old stuff from the Gw1 & evrything that actually works for player base.

Just to add on.. look at this huge thread pushing the point i made. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/How-many-quit-playing-WvW-since-new-maps

That thread doesnt push for open world pvp, it’s simply stating that population issues mean outside of EBG there are no fights unless you are in T1. Which then leads to the question of, if the wvw population is already bleeding so many numbers what makes you think open world pvp would solve that issue. other than roamers and kittens who like ganking uplevels there just isnt much you would gain from this change. getting rid of wvw and changing to open world pvp would worse than what we have now.

you would kitten off pve’ers and a large majority of the wvw population for sure

shit guardian on maguuma

in WvW

Vieux P.1238

MadBomber.3719 . No it does not. It just pushes the point i was making before on dead world WvW. It’s desolated. & that replacing the WvW game mod to an open world pvp would work. but it would take a whole new remake of the game. :/

in WvW

MadBomber.3719

idk personally if they changed it to open world pvp, id stop playing. the wvw concept is what drew me to the game which im sure it did for many others as well. i know we could argue forever but i just dont see how open world pvp would make things better.

It brings toxicity and drama (or excitement according to you)? cool? we have a match up forum that’s a bunch of nonsense already, personally i dont need more. It would just be a bunch of whiners and people talking trash cause they ganked an uplevel. congrats

You still have the issue of finding fights, again you are spreading out an already low wvw population from 4 maps to all the pve maps. there will be even more complaints

As stated before you kitten off the pve community which anet does not want to deal with as they already have so much on their plate.

i think one of the big draws to GW2 is the fact that the player chooses what they want to do. if they want soley pve they stay in pve, if you want small scale fights you go to pvp, iif you want larger scale you can wvw. at least until recently where they are forcing people to pve thats how gw2 has been.

people already dislike EOTM because of the pve aspect, why would you want to mix pve and pvp/ wvw even more??

shit guardian on maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Open world PvP is fun, but this is completely the wrong game for it. Everything about the PvE experience is built to support, and actually require that the people on the map are all on the same side.

Tossing out WvW for some more granular ownership/siege play with tangible benefits and objectives that can actually be help long term could work, but honestly all WvW needs is the death of servers to create more competitive and balanced populations, and a personal rewards revamp tied to actually playing wvw in stead of playing keep flipping and zerg v zerg in a field.

I’d like to see some sort of real ownership/siege mechanics, but GW2 has already made its bed and decided on a consequence free casual “seige game” experience and needs to simply refine that formula. If you’re looking for a deeper experience, you’re looking for a different game. WvW isn’t about strategy, tactics, or ownership. It never was. It’s about convincing you with abstract score or xp numbers that the objectives are important despite the fact they don’t matter. They need to refine the system they built. That system that is geared around personal rewards and temporary and ephemeral victories. It isn’t about running empires, developing alliances, knowing enemies, or anything resembling a more tradition siege warfare pvp game. It’s about making you feel like you’re in such a game without requiring you to actually put forth any effort.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

in WvW

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

Sorry but no. WvW is so much more and better than open world PvP.