Condi Damage

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

I know the condi neckbeards will not like this but the condis in this game need to be nerfed. 3k burning damage per tick 1k poison etc etc and all condis being able to be applied at once is just out of control. This needs to stop. People need to learn how to play instead of just spamming condis.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

Condi is not an issue in proper squads. I guess you complain about solo roaming?

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

….3k burning damage per tick….

Only 3K per tick? Man, my Engi Dire P/P Rocket Boot must have been having an off-night…..

Are you the one I dueled outside of SM?

(edited by Soon.5240)

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

condi is too much, 3-5k for every 0.5sec ticks. you cant even DPS that fast with full zerk gears.. there needs to be a damage cap for it.

think about it:
to be able to somewhat match the dmg of condi, you need to go full zerk build.. but you have to sacrifice tough/vit to dish out that dps.

what do condi builds have to give up?

(edited by Chiccotot.7296)

Condi Damage

in WvW

Soon.5240

what do condi builds have to give up?

To answer this in a non-snarky way (unlike my above post)…

My Condi Engi has very little in the way of condi removal/negation, stun breaks, heals or direct damage. While I can easily stack 8 stacks of Burn – my opponent can negate it with one condi removal. I’m also susceptible to Necros who throw my condi’s back at me. And I can easily be interrupted, which triggers a cool down on my ability to dish out condi.

What wins battles for me is not Condi damage, but rather Toughness derived from my Dire Armor/Trinkets which allows me to outlast my opponents — giving me time for my condi’s to do damage.

If you encounter a Condi Engi and expect a quick win, you need to think again. You can win, but you need to be patient.

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

^That’s sort of the problem. Condi is mostly weak to other condi or specific skills. Thus, fights are very heavily stacked at the start.

Many of the elite specs come with much more condi mitigation but in order for it to be healthy it must be generally accessible. Also, the condi bombs where 6+ conditions are inflicted at once make even removals a lottery. I don’t think the builds need to be removed entirely, but they do need to be designed more intentionally. That is, there needs to be more thought put into a damage type that ignores defenses and is hard counter (removal) or nothing.

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

OP’s glass cannon thief couldn’t insta- down the engi and died from conditions?:-)

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

Direct damage has “Protection” to lessen the blow, and Aegis to totally cancel it..

I know they introduced “Resistance” to counter condi, but let’s face it, how many classes have this? Not a lot.
And unless you’re a druid traited for “Lose Conditions Upon Entering Celestial Avatar” then you’re pretty much effed.

Condi Damage

in WvW

Soon.5240

Also, the condi bombs where 6+ conditions are inflicted at once make even removals a lottery.

If you pay attention, or review your combat log, when we apply multiple condi at once — they aren’t actually doing that much damage! – they just APPEAR to be doing so. And, in a panic, you expend your condi removal skill…..

…. and then we hit you with our TRUE condi damage…..

and then you melt….

(edited by Soon.5240)

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

3K burning per tick lol… What did you meet, a crippled daredevil trying to set you on fire with a bent match? Guards tick for 8-9K and apply it in a couple of seconds.

But granted, I am all for a blanket condi nerf if you also reduce crit damage by about 50%.

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Also, the condi bombs where 6+ conditions are inflicted at once make even removals a lottery.

If you pay attention, or review your combat log, when we apply multiple condi at once — they aren’t actually doing that much damage! – they just APPEAR to be doing so. And, in a panic, you expend your condi removal skill…..

…. and then we hit you with our TRUE condi damage…..

and then you melt….

While that is one method, another is to use the damage dealer with the low threats as cover. If a class only clears a few condis instead of all, this leaves them with only a lucky removal to pull through. That’s the problem I’m talking about—I did not mean to imply that the multiple conditions were all doing tons of damage.

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Thorin.9624

Thorin.9624

I read these posts and instantly think of Charlie Browns mom ’’wha wa wa wa wha wa wa".

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

It can be argued that some burning stacks are to high, but otherwise it feels fine.
And the mentioned guardian. If i watch out a bit he is no problem. Just cleanse or dodge the heavy burn burst. My most death´s com from burning, when i don´t recognize it immidiately. Yes you can´t be on guard evry second and react perfectly. This is a bit the problem between trained and casual players. The traind have the screen in their view and watch enemys and own boons an conditions plus react much faster and coordianted. They lough at the burn guardian burst and kill him. The casual player gets rostet, he recognizes a huge loss of life and the second tick kills him because he is to slow for the cleanse button.
I needed over four month playing only one class/build to learn it to a level where i can say no problem annymore, easy dragonhunter handling now. Befor that i got rosted. Still not good enough but i am gettign a positive win stat now. Heavy L2P thing ….

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Condi’s already were nerfed, the food duration has been reduced and I believe the new duration armor makes you sacrifice either vit or toughness.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Condi’s already were nerfed, the food duration has been reduced and I believe the new duration armor makes you sacrifice either vit or toughness.

It doesn’t for several classes/builds but in general condi seems to be in a good spot right now. Powerful but manageable.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

There is a lot wrong with condis after big change in June. Allowing stacking condis basically doubled all the damage in the game and changed most condis to burst damage (short time, high damage). Remember, the change was required for PvE content, boss fights, upcoming HoT areas and raids. Yes it screwed up wvw but who cares about wvw.

I will only list most obvious flaws of current condi system (there is more):

• there is simply too many different condis that do basically same thing – damage. The number of different condis needs to be reduced (honestly bleed, burn and posion are all same thing)
  • there is simply too many skills, traits and general stuff that applies condis on you. This needs to be reduced dramatically so only very few selected skills apply conditions
  • toughness/armor/protection needs to reduce condi damage too
  • all the condi burst needs to be removed. Whole idea of condition is that they have duration instead of direct damage. If that duration is reduced to only few seconds, it is not condition anymore, it becomes just normal damage. There needs to be time to use your condition removal before condition has done all damage. I would say remove all conditions lasting less then 8-10 seconds
  • again, too many condition and too many boons clutter up UI so in any larger fight you basically ignore everything. There needs to be less of them so you can react (or continue to ignore them). List of 20 icons is just meaningless noise during the fight
  • there is no difference between annoying conditions that have really weak effects and deadly conditions, making impossible to remove the ones that are killing you. All the icons look same and they all behave same way
  • there is no way even to know which ones are killing you as the damage depends on the attacker stats. And the number of stacks that constantly change. Obvious change would be make condition damage based on your HP so you know how much it will hurt

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Condi dmg is broken compared to Power have bin so ever since the August Patch that “would get Condi to level” main issues are dmg Condis that stack now wich didnt before, the utter disregard for what target u actually hitting and its gear…

A direct dmg dealer needs to be much more on there toes to win, Condi dmg just dosent require as much skill (didnt say no skill) as Direct dmg and its an easy way out, tho the more ppl you have grp with you the less effective Condi dmg becomes.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Condi dmg is broken compared to Power have bin so ever since the August Patch that “would get Condi to level” main issues are dmg Condis that stack now wich didnt before, the utter disregard for what target u actually hitting and its gear…

Something happened with the latest Elites that has greatly reduced the number of condi builds running at least in T1. Power builds currently dominate. Maybe condi will come back in full force but it doesn’t seem to be a significant issue at least from my play experience.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

OP’s glass cannon thief couldn’t insta- down the engi and died from conditions?:-)

OP plays mostly necro/reaper and engineer. I don’t even think he has a thief.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Jaising.7253

Jaising.7253

I read these posts and instantly think of Charlie Browns mom ’’wha wa wa wa wha wa wa".

I believe all the adult characters in Peanuts made that sound in leu of a real voice but Charlie Brown’s teacher was featured the most making that sound.

Do you remember her name? Haha I do (old school)

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Revenants go around spraying 1200range, aoe, 6k+ crits. Chronomancers instagib you from stealth. DHs autoattack, with aoe+cripple for 3k and let’s not begin start on instant-5k traps.
Ow and the list goes on, i can delightfully report that yes indeed thieves are still backstabbing for 8k+ and HS spamming for 5k+. 8K+ Vaults on DD, and thats not even close to full zerker, i know because i’ve been playing that particular build for a few days now. 11k+ Gravediggers. And on, and on, and on…

Conditions are worthless in wvw, nothing lives long enough or lets you live long enough. It’s about power, just like it has been for the past 3+ years. But all means, preemptively begin insutling anyone who will point out just how utterly wrong you are, that is bound to help your case.

Ow, Bound, 3k damage by dodging unto someone.

Condi Damage

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I know the condi neckbeards will not like this but the condis in this game need to be nerfed. 3k burning damage per tick 1k poison etc etc and all condis being able to be applied at once is just out of control. This needs to stop. People need to learn how to play instead of just spamming condis.

You’re on crack dude.

At this point, condis are so utterly useless due to condi cleanse spam that we completely quit running all condi builds in our guild. Even the CC ones are pointless cause of the number of stacking -duration traits and effects on so many classes. only 3 things matter now: Hard CC, insane amounts of stab + invulns + blocks, power damage, and somewhat healing sustain (assuming you meet the stab req to execute it).

You’re living in some 1v1 lalala-land, not in a MASSIVE multiplayer game mode. get with the times.

Even I had to switch back into a crappy kitten power build cause its so bad now. Its either PVT or zerk or whatever between with some occasional healing power for support roles or GTFO.

SPVP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> thataway !

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)