Condi Necros- too op?

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

Every class/spec has a counter or a weakness, yes even the OP warrior has a weakness.

Would you mind to share your secret knowledge?

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: MFWIC.6091

MFWIC.6091

what warrior spec? power builds are easy to counter using conditions, or using ranged weapons (also depends on what weapon set warrior is using).

I don’t know about condi warriors. I’m kind of the hipster when it comes down to condi meta no matter how strong it is.

Gladiator of Fort Kickasspenwood

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: sdub.1260

sdub.1260

I don’t feel Condition Necro’s are OP at all. Without our conditions we really don’t have too much to work with. It’s for the most part our job title. We are built for survive-ability, to try and outlast and let our conditions do the work.

The previous posts regarding stuns and knock-backs holds true, it’s a caster’s worst enemy.

But truly every class has another class or two that are the bane of their existence. Like I particularly dislike thiefs and mesmers.. what’s up with the perma stealth and the OP DPS? Now that is an EPIC discussion that has been had millions of times.

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Frankly I think that anyone who think Powermancers/Dhuumfire Necros are fine hasn’t seen how ridiculous they are in action.

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Condi-bunkers are VERY strong and it is debatable if they are OP. No class should have high spike DPS and high survability. Condition application has greatly outstripped small group removal. The unfortunate balance to this is the inverse in large group fights. It would be great if ANet could balance the condition DPS in large and small scale fights.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

i always thought condi necros are wayyy too OP myself. but playing a condi warrior now and not afraid of them anymore.

berserker stance is a must against necros. i am also using lyssa runes for a full condi clear + all buffs every 48 seconds on top of my elite’s normal buffs. also running cleansing ire trait.

I’m not even using lemongrass or melandru or anything and I’m finally able to beat condi necros 1v1.

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

Signet of spite dhuumfire necro’s are indeed extreemly rewarding for just rolling your face on the keyboard, they might even top every war spec currently out there in terms of execution vs reward.

Then again this game isn’t balanced never will be has tons of mechanical issue’s and plenty bugs, so who cares just go along with the meta and spam like a monkey ^^

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Straegen.2938

i always thought condi necros are wayyy too OP myself. but playing a condi warrior now and not afraid of them anymore.

berserker stance is a must against necros. i am also using lyssa runes for a full condi clear + all buffs every 48 seconds on top of my elite’s normal buffs. also running cleansing ire trait.

I’m not even using lemongrass or melandru or anything and I’m finally able to beat condi necros 1v1.

Berzerker stance is a great anti-condi ability but a good condi can apply faster than a warrior can remove. One run in with a decent condi-bunker engineer will illustrate that better than a forum post.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Signet of spite dhuumfire necro’s are indeed extreemly rewarding for just rolling your face on the keyboard, they might even top every war spec currently out there in terms of execution vs reward.

Then again this game isn’t balanced never will be has tons of mechanical issue’s and plenty bugs, so who cares just go along with the meta and spam like a monkey ^^

How much have you played necro? I can’t imagine you believing this except out of ignorance.

I can beat most warriors on my necro but I had to learn everything that a warrior does and learn when to use my dodges and fears to win. Like previous posters have said necro does not have stability. Against a stun/CC warrior, I have a tough time. If I make more than 1 mistake, I am dead. I’m very happy that they nerfed hammer on warrior because it used to be that if I made any mistake against a hammer warrior, they would chain CC me and I would be dead.

To the OP, you have to dodge signet of spite and corrupt boon. If you can dodge both, you will win. SoS has an obvious tell. Corrupt is more of an instinct thing in my opinion. If I see you have delicious stack of boons including stability, I will corrupt you.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Condi necro is OP for players that don’t know how to manage their condi cleanse.

I have had some 1v1’s last 3-6 min vs players that know how to cleanse the conditions I can put out.

while some go down in 15 seconds like this warrior I dueled last week. http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot/c/3439319

FYI I refuse to run dumbfire, its a waste of 30 trait points. I have been running the same build since march.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

(edited by Brando.1374)

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Straegen.2938

while some go down in 15 seconds like this warrior I dueled last week. http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot/c/3439319

FYI I refuse to run dumbfire, its a waste of 30 trait points. I have been running the same build since march.

A players first reaction to dying from a Corrupt Boon…

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Not another one of these “I R warriur N CanT steamroll nuthar ClAsS bcous dey R OP” threads…

Teef master race

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: Arlette.9684

Arlette.9684

Op. i disagree with you. You mention runes and food…

All class have Equal access to them including Equal access to condition builds.

So that would make all classes Op than?

Necromancers are not even an Elite class..

Why Pick on Necromancers?

Why Punish Necromancers?

Don’t they deserve the same Rights as us?

Don’t they deserve the Freedom to be who they are?

I conclude… It is your Imagination.

I’m sorry what? Guardians have a condition build? Since when? O.o

I conclude… It is your imagination.

Moira Dreamweaver lvl 80 Guardian [TG], Sky Mira lvl 80 Ranger [TG]
Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Brando.1374

Why Punish Necromancers?

My imagination is nice

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Oh now people are on to calling necro OP in wvw

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: Arlette.9684

Arlette.9684

Why Punish Necromancers?

My imagination is nice

I dare you to do that in the current meta not in august… even for back then it’s rather unimpressive. So yea, are you really comparing that to a condi necro? I’d love to get some of what you’ve been smoking.

Moira Dreamweaver lvl 80 Guardian [TG], Sky Mira lvl 80 Ranger [TG]
Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Brando.1374

Why Punish Necromancers?

My imagination is nice

I dare you to do that in the current meta not in august… even for back then it’s rather unimpressive. So yea, are you really comparing that to a condi necro? I’d love to get some of what you’ve been smoking.

you asked for a condi build. I provided that didnt I?
geez some people are just too picky.

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Condi necros are really strong in combat but that is offset by the fact they don’t have great mobility.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Condi necros are really strong in combat but that is offset by the fact they don’t have great mobility.

This. They’re one of the strongest 1v1 classes and have the ezmode button but they pay in lack of mobility.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

This. They’re one of the strongest 1v1 classes and have the ezmode button but they pay in lack of mobility.

Except that anyone with cc should have no problems fighting a necro. Necros have no stability and then they need to pay for it by not having the ability to block/invuln/run from damage. Necros without using signet of spite need to pay for all the necros who use it?

Dat logic.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Brando.1374

Except that anyone with cc should have no problems fighting a necro. Necros have no stability and then they need to pay for it by not having the ability to block/invuln/run from damage. Necros without using signet of spite need to pay for all the necros who use it?

Dat logic.

signet of spite also has a 3/4s cast so its easy to dodge

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Ynot.8397

Dat logic.

Easy to dodge 1v1. In group fights its almost impossible to dodge.

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Brando.1374

Dat logic.

then your group needs to spec for a bit more aoe condi removal.

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Ynot.8397

Dat logic.

then your group needs to spec for a bit more aoe condi removal.

I’m not complaining about it. Just saying that to be fair. Most fights in wvw are not 1v1s for me and I can see how people would hate the skill. That being said, a well placed kill shot would hurt even more than that signet of spite.

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: zaragoz.6351

zaragoz.6351

Dat logic.

Yeah… because your never feared whenever it’s cast on you…. get real… any necro worth his salt is going to fear you before he drops it on you meaning dodging it is off the table.

You reply to me well… use a stunbreak…. by the time you do unfortunately that 3/4 second cast has now applied GG!!

In all seriousness though I play a condi engineer, so losing to necros is something I expect at least if they are good. Its really funny though how many I beat 1 v 1 or even 1 v x considering all their condi clears and transfers.

But 1 v 1 against other condi classes they are king. If you play a necro and you lose to another condi class then you need to L2P. Necros do good damage but SOS is only good against 1 person, unless they are running epidemic in which case they are using 2 utility skills. I think they are fine as they are. They give up mobility for a huge health pool, deathshroud and the best condition removing heal in the game.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Zaragoz[SS] – 80 engineer

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Zephyrus.9680

Dat logic.

Dat logic, I don’t even know what you’re getting at with who needs to pay for what.

This is 1v1 we’re talking about. Stability means very little and clearly from your claims you haven’t seen a good necro because that’s ridiculous. Dodge needs to be beating CC. How many builds/classes can actually invest in stability for 1v1?

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

borrok.9267

Dat logic.

Dat logic, I don’t even know what you’re getting at with who needs to pay for what.

This is 1v1 we’re talking about. Stability means very little and clearly from your claims you haven’t seen a good necro because that’s ridiculous. Dodge needs to be beating CC. How many builds/classes can actually invest in stability for 1v1?

Trolling?

Teef master race

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Ynot.8397

Dat logic.

Trolling?

I’m really not sure. Stability means nothing now. Good stuff.

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Zephyrus.9680

Yea you’re the one claiming condition necros lose to any CC in 1v1 because no stability. I guess it’s news to you that most classes don’t spec stability for 1v1. I always forget some people don’t know how to dodge.

(edited by Zephyrus.9680)

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Ynot.8397

Yea you’re the one claiming condition necros lose to any CC in 1v1 because no stability. I guess it’s news to you that most classes don’t spec stability for 1v1. I always forget some people don’t know how to dodge.

We claim it because it is true. Most classes don’t spec for stability? LOLWUT. Most classes get stability through their elite or have blocks. That or perma vigor so they can dodge 40 times and the constant stuns don’t matter. They don’t need to spec into some silly traitline to do this. It all comes from nice builds.

Necros have no stability outside of elites which are easily left alone(we have no swiftness and can’t chase) and a 30 point investment into a traitline. That is a 3 second stability which you can easily get around. We have 1 blind to block the cc spam. There is also the amazing 1 dodge every ten seconds because we have no access to vigor. That’s just lovely. Our last major flaw is the lack of blocks. Necros can not block a skill or go invuln.

You are so very wrong.

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

The problem isn’t so much with the necromancer having an abundance of access to the easiest way to play the game (conditions), the problem is the gear.

Conditions don’t need any other stat but condition damage, to work at maximum efficiency.

The “Dire” stat is maximum damage, with maximum tankiness. This is just wrong, by all logic. Adding it to the game was a massive screw up by anet.

Condition damage = place a few debuffs from range (95% of condition damage in the game is on ranged weapons/skills, 5% melee weapons/skills), then kite kite kite reapply, kite kite kite. It is much easier to win with than direct damage as you don’t have to actively play, condition damage is all passive play, the laziest way to play games.

Now combine the ease of play, with the ease of ranged application, with the ease of the “Dire” stat type, with the abundance of ranged condition spam on necros and engis, and you have a huge problem.

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

The problem isn’t so much with the necromancer having an abundance of access to the easiest way to play the game (conditions), the problem is the gear.

Conditions don’t need any other stat but condition damage, to work at maximum efficiency.

The “Dire” stat is maximum damage, with maximum tankiness. This is just wrong, by all logic. Adding it to the game was a massive screw up by anet.

Condition damage = place a few debuffs from range (95% of condition damage in the game is on ranged weapons/skills, 5% melee weapons/skills), then kite kite kite reapply, kite kite kite. It is much easier to win with than direct damage as you don’t have to actively play, condition damage is all passive play, the laziest way to play games.

Now combine the ease of play, with the ease of ranged application, with the ease of the “Dire” stat type, with the abundance of ranged condition spam on necros and engis, and you have a huge problem.

Give me a break, like immobilizing and 100 blades is so active and skillful. Your biased and just plain wrong. I have to hit just as many keys and play just as well as anyone else to win with conditions. A power necro build is all about lich and spamming 1 in dagger or ds, that’s so involved.

Dire made the problem worse yes, but I do more damage and the build is arguably more face roll in rabid gear.

The problem with all condition application comes down to passive application. Free effects on auto attack, like burning, that can’t be avoided. Also people don’t want to bother watching their conditions, or accepting that the condition builds only exist to counter the inordinate number of high armor high sustain classes in WvW.

SoS is fine, you can’t stun break and avoid it, or just avoid it then oh well, it’s an insanely long cool down for a single target skill that overlaps easy to Apply debuffs the necro already has. Blame dumb fire not the counterable skills.

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Weird, most thiefs and warriors I talk to have no problem taking down a condi necro.

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

borrok.9267

Whatever you are smoking, I want a lot of it. Send me a few pounds of it pl0x.

Teef master race

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

I have an idea, as every class other than Necro lets all never use any condi removal then come to the forums and qq about Necros being OP till they get nerfed……till we are happt………which will never happen.

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Zephyrus.9680

We claim it because it is true. Most classes don’t spec for stability? LOLWUT. Most classes get stability through their elite or have blocks. That or perma vigor so they can dodge 40 times and the constant stuns don’t matter. They don’t need to spec into some silly traitline to do this. It all comes from nice builds.

Necros have no stability outside of elites which are easily left alone(we have no swiftness and can’t chase) and a 30 point investment into a traitline. That is a 3 second stability which you can easily get around. We have 1 blind to block the cc spam. There is also the amazing 1 dodge every ten seconds because we have no access to vigor. That’s just lovely. Our last major flaw is the lack of blocks. Necros can not block a skill or go invuln.

You are so very wrong.

You may just not be a good necro if every class is beating you. Not “every class with a CC” can beat a condition necro. And every class does have CC, right? Go to obsidian sanctum and learn from the ‘meta’ signet of spite perplexity necros. It’s only every other necro you see and more far more damage than any other condition build at straight 1v1. Whether or not it’s over the top, considering a necros other weaknesses, I don’t have an opinion on.

And stability though elites like tornado or daggerstorm? I hope you’re not considering that as a 1v1 stability skill. Warrior and guardian aren’t “most classes” even if they are the most played classes. Vigor is another story and I’ll agree 100% on it’s importance in 1v1 or small scale particularly for glassy light or medium armor builds (which a condition necro is not).

But if you want to keep playing the victim for one of the most powerful 1v1 specs, w/e.

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

a warrior does not counter a necro. if you cant dodge, stunbreak and attrition him for 8 seconds while his zerker stance is protecting him you dont know how to use your abilities. Note to all dumb necros that dont know warrior class: blinds counter cleansing ire so use them PROPERLY not spam faceroll. a good necro should never lose in a 1v1 period. If a warrior misses their ES because you blinded them, weaken them, fear them and bomb them. if they hit their ES, l2dodge or pop a defensive cooldown and dont let it happen again. for every zerker stance a warrior has a necro has either a teleport swiftness stunbreak or a protection stunbreak. In an organized 1v1 a warrior will have signet of stamina which can clear every condi every 45 seconds or if traited 20% sooner. its easy to either bait them into using it with bleed stacking and kiting, or interrupting with a fear.
If you lose its not because warriors are OP its because you suck
edit: a warrior may swap stuff out to attempt to counter a necro so you should try it too, get a focus to rip them of their fury, 5 stacks of might, and swiftness right off the start and it makes your life 3 times as easy…

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: MFWIC.6091

MFWIC.6091

a warrior does not counter a necro. if you cant dodge, stunbreak and attrition him for 8 seconds while his zerker stance is protecting him you dont know how to use your abilities. Note to all dumb necros that dont know warrior class: blinds counter cleansing ire so use them PROPERLY not spam faceroll. a good necro should never lose in a 1v1 period. If a warrior misses their ES because you blinded them, weaken them, fear them and bomb them. if they hit their ES, l2dodge or pop a defensive cooldown and dont let it happen again. for every zerker stance a warrior has a necro has either a teleport swiftness stunbreak or a protection stunbreak. In an organized 1v1 a warrior will have signet of stamina which can clear every condi every 45 seconds or if traited 20% sooner. its easy to either bait them into using it with bleed stacking and kiting, or interrupting with a fear.
edit: a warrior may swap stuff out to attempt to counter a necro so you should try it too, get a focus to rip them of their fury, 5 stacks of might, and swiftness right off the start and it makes your life 3 times as easy…

yeah… that pretty much sums it all up…. you just forgot about going plague while waiting for cool-downs and getting hp doubled

It’s also pretty annoying to go to OS and find it filled with condi necros and p/d cheese condi thiefs

Gladiator of Fort Kickasspenwood

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

borrok.9267

yeah… that pretty much sums it all up…. you just forgot about going plague while waiting for cool-downs and getting hp doubled

It’s also pretty annoying to go to OS and find it filled with condi necros and p/d cheese condi thiefs

You know plague only has 3 skills and is easy to run away from if you are a warrior or any class with swiftness, or any running skill ever? In most all cond builds for necro all you have to do is CC them. As warrior, you have hammer… Hammer is like the most perfect counter to a necro. I can’t believe this is a topic of conversation. I have seen probably a handful of warriors lose to necros… This is out of control…

Teef master race

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Whoever is crying necro is op he obviously havent played one.
I dare you,grab a necro and go wvw and see how much you get focused down.
Sure 1v1 dealing with the average warrior the odds are with the necro,but this is wvw.
You have stealth thieves,clone machines d/d eles cleansing warriors and cleansing guardians to cope with.
If you wanna cry op then cry op when you see necros beeing the dominant class in wvw outnumbering warriors and guardians.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Hm. I thought necros hitting for 5K on auto-attack while in their invounerable mode aka death shroud was OP. Guess condi necros are worse :/

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Hm. I thought necros hitting for 5K on auto-attack while in their invounerable mode aka death shroud was OP. Guess condi necros are worse :/

Deathshroud = Invulnerable mode? lol

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

borrok.9267

Oh you mean that mode where they still take damage, can’t heal, only have 5 skills, all but one have long CDs and drains over time? Can’t think that’s OP.

Teef master race

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Stability means “very little” huh? When did this apply? Does this mean all other classes are getting theirs removed seeing as it means “very little”…

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Lol, DeathShroud is NOT invulnerable mode….
Its good against 1 Vs 1 but the MORE people involved the WORSE it becomes. Unlike classes who can just use ACTUAL invul skills and become immune to ALL the damage that gets thrown about DeathShroud MELTS when focused. Not quite what i would call an Invul mode…

Condi Necros- too op?

in WvW

Zephyrus.9680

Stability means “very little” huh? When did this apply? Does this mean all other classes are getting theirs removed seeing as it means “very little”…

If you quit zerging for a while you might realize “all other classes” don’t need stability for 1v1, which is the context of the quote you’re using. Even guardians and warriors don’t need it. Stun breaks yes, stability no. Also, necro isn’t special in lacking easy access to stability.