Condi Nerf!

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

So when is a condi nerf coming? Seriously, was just hit with 2.5k confusion ticks from a one Mesmer skill. 4.6k Burns from one Engi skill. One skill did 18k worth of condition damage by the time it wore off. Give me flipping break dev’s, how is that supposed to be “fun” to play against? It’s been several weeks now and no balancing fixes for this.

Dev’s how about you come into WvW and play instead of ignoring the game modes balancing?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Bring condition cleanse?

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

that’s what condition cleanses are for!

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

Bring condition cleanse?

resistance too…if you can :d

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

condi’s are here to stay….. but:

burning = OP atm
bleeds = too weak
poison = weak

the rest is fine.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

So when is a condi nerf coming? Seriously, was just hit with 2.5k confusion ticks from a one Mesmer skill. 4.6k Burns from one Engi skill. One skill did 18k worth of condition damage by the time it wore off. Give me flipping break dev’s, how is that supposed to be “fun” to play against? It’s been several weeks now and no balancing fixes for this.

Dev’s how about you come into WvW and play instead of ignoring the game modes balancing?

This is a “git gud” thread waiting to happen. It’s really all it is. Afterall, you’ll complain about 18k over time, but not about some skills doing that damage all at once?

The fact that there’s been no balancing patches is a pretty close admission to Anet that they LIKE where it’s at right now. Or still need to gather more information. Oh, and bring condi clears.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: YOUNGaz.5690

YOUNGaz.5690

it’s not even general condi’s, it’s just specific things. A lot of things about mesmer are really op at the moment, not even condi related. Pretty much a 1-hit KO atm. Burning really needs a stack limit. It was already the most damaging condi and what kept it from being ridiculous was it was a 1 stack limit but not anymore. Should maybe limit it like they did to chill or lessen the damage just a bit. Condi cleanse only works so well unless you take several of them which is kind of boring and limiting for builds. Bleeds haven’t changed, just got a bit more powerful but nothing crazy going on. They’re fine. For poison, from what I’ve seen, have been given extremely low durations when stacking was introduced and is rather annoying trying to keep it on an enemy. Poison is understandably weaker because of the -healing effectiveness element of it but some base durations really do need extended.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Instead of complaining about conditions in general complain about the skills that are considered OP. If you do, name the skills if possible.

EverythingOP

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Going by the same logic.. Can we please Nerf Direct DPS please… I’m feed up with being hit with insane numbers.

Now let’s look into your issue.. “by the time it wore off” Sounds like you need a Condi Clear.
“Confusion hit me for 2.5k” – Prop cos you didn’t dodge the sources of the confusion.. but let’s say you couldn’t.. again you need C.Clear… also learn how confusion works.. when you have confusion and you can’t get rid of it – Do not attack.. it does damage to you for every attack you do.
Again.. use a condi clear.. for everything else.. and if you’re not going to use any then suffer condi… Everyone by now should know in pvp or wvw to at least take 1 CC.

Back to my earlier nerf the direct dps.. why.. same argument as condi clear.. oh but i only have 1 heal. So DPS shouldnt be soo much.

Im not insulting.. honestly slightly sarcastic.. but it’s the basics of pvp and wvw.. you need a condi clear… PLUS people play condi.. before it wasn’t soo great.. which is why only a few classes were able to “just” be condi.. but they greatly increased them making them now viable.. You just need to change your style to match,

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

@ OP
Use some condition reduction/condi cleanse before you scream "Nerf this! Nerf that!
I guess you died allot vs Condi builds but Arenanet recently buffed Condi so I don’t see any Nerf incoming tbh. Maybe some mini nerfs

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

How about we stop with the excuses already will ya? Dodges and clears, wow…. I never even heard of such things. Do tell me more, huh? /gfg.

These numbers are too freaking high and lessen the fun of combat, period. Did we not learn anything from last weeks Golem buff issue? And yes Hardrider, I’m all for another round of damage reductions. I’d much rather have a balance pass on each individual skill coefficient instead though. Please do remember that beyond “on skill activation” confusion now has a baseline tick as well.

Also, NO ONE agrees that the Dev’s need to get on map and play more? That the only way to really balance combat is to experience it with us live????

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Can not balance around WvW reason why condis maybe too high because WvW scales with food , guard stacks ect ect which makes things more Deadly then they normaly are , I suggest you build a bit more more tanky maybe even take Some healing power .

I did im sitting on 600 healing power with exuberacne runes and 40% Zealot gear with 1 Cav and a mix of Valk/beserker trinkets , before i swapped for some healing power my old Cav/Valk mix on pre patch system was fine after i died a lot to the condis i could not cleanse between cleanses.

after patch i switched my gear to be a little healing power focused with Healing spring traited after the guard stacks and blood lust using a healing power food i can reach 700 healing power through the exuberance runes .

my healing spring regen with lingering magic on the ranger hits 9k over 7.5secs with a starting heal of 6.75k ontop of that the Signet of the wild heals me for 105 per second and Oakheart heals for a starting regen of 1.2k for 6 secs out of 15 which i found Suprisingly countered most of the low bleed stacks and 2-3 confusions without me having to cleanse them making me more combat sustainted and i only lost 10% critial damage and 5% critical hits which was made up because of the 10% crit hits while flanking .

notes:

consider healing power if you have traits and skills that support health sustance.
after you do you can save condi clears for those much higher stacks.

for me it helped a lot.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

OP, I suggest you adjust to the current state of conditions somehow.

What is it about conditions that is making fights no longer enjoyable? Are they over too quickly? Are you taking out your opponents too fast? Are they taking you out too fast? Is it really just simply: conditions do too much damage and I want fights to take longer?

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Conditions are now actually useful, so no, they don’t need a nerf. That being said, yes, burn is OP right now, everyone knows that. Anet will get to it, they have a lot on their plate.

It did 18k by the time it wore off? You seem to hate the typical response, but that’s how it is: clear it before it does all that damage. They changed the game, so adapt to it or stop playing.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.5839

aspirine.5839

condi’s are here to stay….. but:

burning = OP atm
bleeds = too weak
poison = weak

the rest is fine.

Mesmer is kinda OP now.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Conditions are now actually useful, so no, they don’t need a nerf. That being said, yes, burn is OP right now, everyone knows that. Anet will get to it, they have a lot on their plate.

It did 18k by the time it wore off? You seem to hate the typical response, but that’s how it is: clear it before it does all that damage. They changed the game, so adapt to it or stop playing.

Or get a build that makes better damage and kills it fast.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I love when people reply to these type of threads it always sounds like you should have infinite dodges and condition cleanses. Btw a lot of conditions are instant or near instant cast or even from sigils and runes, you can’t dodge what you don’t see coming unless you’re randomly dodging.

Conditions can be stacked and restacked far more easily than it can be cleared, and also not every class has equal access to condition cleanses or how much than can be cleared, that was suppose to be part of the balance, but no such thing as balance in this game.

P.S Burning is still too stronk.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Conditions scale far better than power in small fights. To the point it’s ridiculous.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.5839

aspirine.5839

I love when people reply to these type of threads it always sounds like you should have infinite dodges and condition cleanses. Btw a lot of conditions are instant or near instant cast or even from sigils and runes, you can’t dodge what you don’t see coming unless you’re randomly dodging.

Conditions can be stacked and restacked far more easily than it can be cleared, and also not every class has equal access to condition cleanses or how much than can be cleared, that was suppose to be part of the balance, but no such thing as balance in this game.

P.S Burning is still too stronk.

Burning is too strong yes, but the rest of the condis seem fine.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

dunno why people say conditions are now “usefull”..

played condition build before and honestly i was face kitten everything in 1v1 2v1…
condition was already fine pre patch. i dont really give a kitten about conditions in this patch tho i do agree that damage in GENERAL needs to be toned down in WvW..

if i could only change one thing in Anet i would change the range off all non melee classes to 900 or even less conditions are not a big problem tbh.. the dumb gap in between 2 blobs (blob) random circles everywhere (blob) < melee’s ???? ?? ? ? ? > ye thats correct melee’s are needed in WvW but still it would be more fun in my eyes if it wouldnt always start as god kitten range fight untill some1 decides to dodge tru all this god kitten random circles everywhere ..

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Black Perception.1639

Black Perception.1639

Do what the smart people did run generosity and purity sigils. I dont have any problems and still manage to 3v1 and win. Mostly…. haha I love how its balanced now. If anything ferocity still needs a nerf.
the condi situation is fine. Ur just not used to anything besides zerk meta. Necros and mesmers needed this buff so badly and with revenant around the corner I see alot of people getting ready with assassins gear with scholar runes and cruelty+force sigils for those 1 hit kills. That needs to be nerfed before they even try make condi useless again.

(edited by Black Perception.1639)

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

If you are having problems with conditions I would suggest sigils of purity. I myself use sigils of generosity and condi’s never bother me anymore. If you want to rely on only condi clears (some classes have less access than others), then you may have to give up those sigils of fire, lightning, strength etc. OR just carry another weapon set with the aforementioned sigils, conditions are only really a problem for players who refuse to adapt.

Edit: kitten a few minutes late to reply, kitten my slow typing.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

In a organized big group (zerg/blob) condis are not a problem. Most heavy condi sources are single target while lots of condi clears are aoe (shouts, PF, etc).

In small scale fights condis are a problem. If you are not playing a build with tons of condi clear you will die in seconds. When facing a pu mes or pd thief even a meandru staff ele running -40% food has a hard time getting rid of condis.

At least people that run power based dps builds are squishy because zerker offers no defensive stat. Dire lets condi dps builds still be as tanky as pvt and do very high dmg because they only need 1 offensive stat compared with 3 for direct dmg.

A nerf to burning and reduce the stealth of PU will probably solve the problem.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Why good players don’t have any problem get rid of condis?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Why good players don’t have any problem get rid of condis?

Because optimal strategy in wvw is run in a zerg.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

We did gain four new traits recently. I’d recommend building in some Condi Clear. My only issue with condi right now is how strong burning can be without any condition damage built into the build.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

Condition damage can be ridiculous op sometimes after the patch. Anet wanted to give condi builds a chance in the current PvE setting that’s why everything got changed and buffed. They don’t care about how it works in WvW. I think there was also some statement about “trying to make no difference between WvW, PvP and PvE skillwise” in one point of interest show…up to three versions of one skill could be so confusing…and is sometimes needed!

All condition builds are beatable but you will sometimes need to have a certain set of skills or you’re kittening screwed. Most of the former cheese builds have evolved to pure kittening cancer builds but hey: we won’t see any changes for a long time and especially not because of how something works in WvW. They’ve balanced it in PvP with their fixed gear options. Problem solved.

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

How about we stop with the excuses already will ya? Dodges and clears, wow…. I never even heard of such things. Do tell me more, huh? /gfg.

These numbers are too freaking high and lessen the fun of combat, period. Did we not learn anything from last weeks Golem buff issue? And yes Hardrider, I’m all for another round of damage reductions. I’d much rather have a balance pass on each individual skill coefficient instead though. Please do remember that beyond “on skill activation” confusion now has a baseline tick as well.

Also, NO ONE agrees that the Dev’s need to get on map and play more? That the only way to really balance combat is to experience it with us live????

I wouldn’t call anything anyone said, an excuse. You took damage from 3 different opponents. Then attempted to use it as a claim a need to nerf the form of damage you took Yet you never mentioned following any of the common counters for your situation. In my opinion, irrational complaints of this nature are part of the problem. Demands to make balancing changes based on feedback is one thing. When the feedback is basedon running bad builds, and poor play tactics, it becomes problematic, and harms everyone. Which is why you are receiving the comments from your fellow players, that you are, and I agree with most of them.

You appear to confuse your subjective opinion, with that of objective fact. Staring your opinion as if it were fact, as well as making declarations, while offering no actual evidence or damage comparisons, makes it hard to take your views to seriously in my opinion. Making demands, while offering no factual justification, suggest to me, that you are simply lashing out, based on an experience, you are unhappy with, and not actual fact based reasoning. At least, that is how it comes off to me, based on how you worded your complaint.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

you’ll complain about 18k over time, but not about some skills doing that damage all at once?

I never got this about people who complain about condition damage. Like, it’s a problem if you have a lot of damaging conditions on you but it’s not a problem if you get 2-shot?

I think the problem people have is that with conditions you don’t just die, you get to think about it before you do.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

So when is a condi nerf coming? Seriously

This is a “git gud” thread waiting to happen. It’s really all it is. Oh, and bring condi clears.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

20+ stacks of Burn from a ranger ticking for almost 8k, cleared half of them and that’s down to 4k tick aaaaand oh look he reaplied it bring me back up 15+ with 6k tick and i cleared i……………..oh waitthat’s right i was dead by then coz you can;t carry that much condi cleanse and be viable vs other builds like CC based power builds.

Seriously Anet do something about conditions, if iwant to clear Burning then it should remove the entire stack.

My condi guardian can hit you for 8k burn tick on first attack then i can keep 2/3k on you at all times while still being tanky as balls, my problem is not the damage of conditions but the continual reaplication of the conditions after all condi cleanse is gone, you litterally have to stand there and just wait to die coz guess what condi builds are also more tanky than most power builds so they just laugh at you while you desperatly try to kill them before you die.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

(edited by GROMIT.7829)

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Runes of Melandru, Lemongrass Poultry, traits such as engis mecha legs or memers mender’s purity or Guards Absolute Resolution etc. and you can say: What Condis ?

OP your issue is largely self inflicted by making a poor choice, or MANY poor choices. Also, the game is balanced on 5 v 5, not 1 v1 or 2v2 or 3v3. And in 5v5, you can already have soooooooooo many teamcleanses that you can basically entirely negate an opposite team if its condi based. Completely and Entirely. Imagine going up against opponents that are 60% to 100% immune to white damage vast majority of the time.

So either adjust your build or run with other people not just solo, that can cleanse you. Everything in this game can team cleanse or team heal except maybe thief, I haven’t ran mine in a long while so don’t remember exactly.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

20+ stacks of Burn from a ranger ticking for almost 8k, cleared half of them and that’s down to 4k tick aaaaand oh look he reaplied it bring me back up 15+ with 6k tick and i cleared i……………..oh waitthat’s right i was dead by then coz you can;t carry that much condi cleanse and be viable vs other builds like CC based power builds.

Seriously Anet do something about conditions, if iwant to clear Burning then it should remove the entire stack.

My condi guardian can hit you for 8k burn tick on first attack then i can keep 2/3k on you at all times while still being tanky as balls, my problem is not the damage of conditions but the continual reaplication of the conditions after all condi cleanse is gone, you litterally have to stand there and just wait to die coz guess what condi builds are also more tanky than most power builds so they just laugh at you while you desperatly try to kill them before you die.

Lol, you need to stand in the firefields (Bonfire/Flame Trap) to get that many stacks on you. Even then, it’s extremely difficult to get more than 15stacks of burn with a Ranger so whoever managed to apply 20stacks to you I’d love to know their build. Don’t stand directly in the fire and you’ll be fine…

And what are you talking about by “cleared half of them”? Conditions don’t cleanse individually they cleanse the whole stack. It doesn’t matter if it’s 1 stack of burning or 100 it’s gone with one cleanse. DON’T STAND IN THE FRIGGING FIRE.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

hmm, burn guardians are actually fairly easy to kill, I know because I’ve been playing one for a couple weeks now. My situation is really no different from before, good players still kill me easily and I still kill bad players easily. A couple tips:

1. Don’t hit a burn guardian when he/she is clearly blocking
2. If the guardian drops purging flames, don’t fight near/on it
3. Use your condi clear wisely, don’t waste it on a single burn stack
4. Stop letting my auto attacks hit you.

The only two skills that will be hard to dodge are Flashing Blades and Judge’s Intervention. But JI has a long cooldown and can’t be spammed and FB is fairly short range at 600 so you can disengage.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Lol, you need to stand in the firefields (Bonfire/Flame Trap) to get that many stacks on you. Even then, it’s extremely difficult to get more than 15stacks of burn with a Ranger so whoever managed to apply 20stacks to you I’d love to know their build. Don’t stand directly in the fire and you’ll be fine…

And what are you talking about by “cleared half of them”? Conditions don’t cleanse individually they cleanse the whole stack. It doesn’t matter if it’s 1 stack of burning or 100 it’s gone with one cleanse. DON’T STAND IN THE FRIGGING FIRE.

Also a condi ranger will combo his fire to get the fireshield. Dont hit it :P

Seems to me that people complaining about condis just want to have damage options on gear and weapons. And then complain about it?

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

The Problem ppl have with condi players, and that includes me, is that as condi you only need one offensive stat in your gear “condition dmg”, as raw dps player you need at least 2, technically you always need 3 “Power”, “Precision” and “Ferocity”.
What does that mean, for a raw dps build you will be fairly squishy if you want to be able to dishout massive dmg, meaning high dps but easy to kill
a condi player only needs condi dmg, so while he can dish out the same or even more dmg than a raw dps player, he can still be tanky as hell, meaning the dps dealer is even more at a disadvantage since he needs to kill a tanky player, that deals the same dmg as a dps dealer, a damage you cannot avoide as easily as normal melee attacks
and all those arguments “take condi cleanses” is honestly just pathetic, as soon as you cleanse the condis, they are almost instantly re-applied, the only thing you got out of it was a skill on cd. the only way to beat a condi player (if both enemies are at the same skill lv) is to be a stronger condi OR the condi player running sinister gear.
A balancing idea i had was to make armor decrease condi dmg as well, since playing with high toughness won’t help jack kitten against condi, since it directly dmges your hp

but since so many ppl are roaming with condi now I’ll just get flamed with a l2p argument, from players using condi builds that mostly end up in a very low risk, high reward scenario.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

coglin.1867

That is not a true claim at all. You have so many conditions thay require critical hits, meaning precision is needed toaximize the benefits. As well, players invest in condition duration. Add in condition damage, and that is three stats.

Using a 1 offensive stat condition build, is no worse damage then being hit with repeated direct damage from someone in pure soldiers gear.

The problem as I see it, is that players need to dodge the biggest condition application skills, in the same way they learned to avoid the hardest hitting, direct damage skills.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

This is a “git gud” thread waiting to happen. It’s really all it is. Afterall, you’ll complain about 18k over time, but not about some skills doing that damage all at once?

The fact that there’s been no balancing patches is a pretty close admission to Anet that they LIKE where it’s at right now. Or still need to gather more information. Oh, and bring condi clears.

To avoid 18k burst damage, just bring togness and vitality, no need to waste any condi cleanse skill/trait for counter that.
Also condition should be damage over time not burst damage, the reason cleanser are countering bad condition, is that condi cleanse are not always on demand like togness is. In fact is useless to cleanse a condition like burning, the time you realize you have it and use the cleanse is at least one second, in that one second burning is gonna blow you.

And also because some condi cleanser are just bad designed (see Cleansing Ire) but that’s just another topic.

But the real issue, is that there’s not enough cleanser compared to the many condi that can be applied. You can see it as a result after cleanse against an engi, he will immediately start spamming condi again, so that makes cleanse skills underpowered if compared to a constant counter to berserker burst like togness and vitality.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

That is not a true claim at all. You have so many conditions thay require critical hits, meaning precision is needed toaximize the benefits. As well, players invest in condition duration. Add in condition damage, and that is three stats.

Using a 1 offensive stat condition build, is no worse damage then being hit with repeated direct damage from someone in pure soldiers gear.

The problem as I see it, is that players need to dodge the biggest condition application skills, in the same way they learned to avoid the hardest hitting, direct damage skills.

so what gear has condition duration in it? I think you are talking about runes not the actual armor sets
so my point still stands, 1 offensive stat 2 defensive stats
and how many skills need a crit to apply a condi, honestly it’s not that many, at least not as meany that or worth spending the points in precision

the problem is simply that condi players dish out almost the same dmg as raw dps players do, but in addition to that they are much tankier, so it ends up in being condi counters melee dmg
It’s not as hard to be successful with condi as it is playing a relativly squishy dmg build
noone minds condi being viable, especially not in pve, I like the fact that they are really able to make a difference now in boss fights etc
but for pvp and wvw it’s just broken
zerg fights aren’t as badly effected by it since there are so many cleanses it doesn’t make too much of a difference
but as soon as it’s in the roaming department, or scales of 5v5 a team with condi players will totally destroy zerk players if they are at equal skill lv
I run 3 cleanses on my build and if I don’t keep constant preassure on the enemy and don’t give him a single second to think and have ALL of my skills on cd I might come out of that fight alive
playing condi on the other hand fells like brain afk bag of loot farm
the best counter to condi is a stronger condi

As i said balancing ideas could be to make your armor reduce a % of condi dmg
or that classes don’t have so many condi they can apply, e.g. max of 3 or condis a class has access to
the fact that condis are very strong and still very tanky at the same time is simply put unfair
(Sinister gear is the only condi spec I’ll find balanced, since it doesn’t let you be both at the same time)

As an example how easy it is to play condi, I played some 1v1 with a friend of mine, both running a dmg spec playing as thieves
he’s like, I’ll try out condi, just for the lols
he adjusted his traits for less than a min, had hardly any clue of what he was doing and almost wrecked me and the random that came into the fight
that is simply put not balance
low risk high reward

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Just roll a mesmer trait all your condition removal and get to trolling them. Unless of course you are standing in the fire. Then it probably wont matter.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Condi food breaks WvW.

/thread

… I still want tengu.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

coglin.1867

To avoid 18k burst damage, just bring togness and vitality, no need to waste any condi cleanse skill/trait for counter that.

That is not what “avoid” means. That is simply a manner of deciding to gear to absorb more damage as a trade off of damage out put. It is by no means, avoidance.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

I keep reading “condi this” and “condi that”. To a large part ITS NOT the conditions themselves that needs to be tuned down. Its the various SKILLS that apply too many or too fast condi stacks that deals so much damage.

A simple example :

A condi Warrior (using S/S + LB) has access to Bleeds, Burning and Torment. How often did you die in WvW, for example, to a Condi Warr? Most of the time you don’t see Condi Warrs in WvW nowadays where you see Necros, Mesmers, Engis, Ranger.

So, its not that every condi user can bring you down that fast… Its specific professions and builds that can do that and thats because of certain skills.

To conclude this…. condi skills are what needs to be reviewed not conditions!

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Jitters.9401

Jitters.9401

You do realize that direct dps classes can double that amount of damage?

Backstab thieves. If I were to go back to being a backstab thief, I could get you with 22k damage in 6 seconds. 8 seconds if you use an evasive move. No condition damage can do the same.

I probably do about 2k per tick (condi burst) for 8 seconds on a 25 second rotation, dropping down to 1k per tick for the remainder.

So in 8 seconds I will do average 16k damage, while in a matter of 3-4 seconds, a glass thief will hit me for 16k tops. Their burst is based upon reveal, while mine is based upon time. In 8 seconds, they have the potential to do 32k damage.

I have had a Mesmer do almost the same damage and their damage burst is based upon clones. With my Mesmer I will use mimic just so I can get 2 full shatters in as fast as possible. In the same amount of time it takes me to do 16k Condi Damage, my Mesmer will do 20k plus.

Odds are they will never reach their full damage potential, but the fact remains, glass can do, per second, up to double the damage a full condi build can do.

ALSO… you can evade/blind/interrupt to lessen my damage as well as “CONDI CLEAR”. One condi clear removes a full stack of damage and lessens the condi damage greatly.

If I sneak attack, it puts 636 bleed per tick for 5.5 seconds. If you use a condi clear it does 636 damage in total. Not much damage is it? All of my condition appliers are subject to this.

There is nothing “special” like a condi clear that I have which will lower direct damage in such a way.

So in reality. Condition damage is underpowered, but because people refuse to spec to fight it, they take full condition damage. Your fault if you refuse to use a condi skill.

Condi Nerf!

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

The Problem ppl have with condi players, and that includes me, is that as condi you only need one offensive stat in your gear “condition dmg”, as raw dps player you need at least 2, technically you always need 3 “Power”, “Precision” and “Ferocity”.
What does that mean, for a raw dps build you will be fairly squishy if you want to be able to dishout massive dmg, meaning high dps but easy to kill
a condi player only needs condi dmg, so while he can dish out the same or even more dmg than a raw dps player, he can still be tanky as hell, meaning the dps dealer is even more at a disadvantage since he needs to kill a tanky player, that deals the same dmg as a dps dealer, a damage you cannot avoide as easily as normal melee attacks
and all those arguments “take condi cleanses” is honestly just pathetic, as soon as you cleanse the condis, they are almost instantly re-applied, the only thing you got out of it was a skill on cd. the only way to beat a condi player (if both enemies are at the same skill lv) is to be a stronger condi OR the condi player running sinister gear.
A balancing idea i had was to make armor decrease condi dmg as well, since playing with high toughness won’t help jack kitten against condi, since it directly dmges your hp

but since so many ppl are roaming with condi now I’ll just get flamed with a l2p argument, from players using condi builds that mostly end up in a very low risk, high reward scenario.

Incorrect.

FULL PVT gear FTW. Been there done that for years since the game launched now and on multiple professions, proven fact. You need just a little bit of precision, same as the dire condi geared people if they want more procs, or maybe a bit of healing if you want for your particular build, thats all.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF