Condition meta, and condition system.

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

I found this in the forum

We like how they can be tanky, and we like how they can do DPS if they want. We also like the CC they can bring. We just don’t like them doing it all with 1 build.

Are you talking about condition tank builds? Where you need only vit, tough and condi damage for full potential? And you have access to a lot of softCC with a condi spammer? and a lot of new runes and sigil options for negate the few defenses against (remove by reapply sigil or runes, -duration by +duration sigil or runes)?

I don’t like them doing it all with 1 build neither ; ) ; ) ; )

in WvW

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

Yeah i kinda agree with you but the 0/10/30/0/30 longbow hammer warrior its just dumb, i mean u remove condies like no1, u do a lot of CC and ur dmg is really good

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

This is wvw not spvp. Conditions rarely tick for the full duration unless your party is full of terrible players with horrible builds. Plus people can run huge condition reduction runes food and traits.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

This is wvw not spvp. Conditions rarely tick for the full duration unless your party is full of terrible players with horrible builds. Plus people can run huge condition reduction runes food and traits.

This ^^

+stability will negate necro CC (fear) and the 30/20/0/0/20 is not a tanky build, its actually very squishy if you know how to fight them.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

That quote was referring to the hammer/longbow warrior build in PvP.

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

so why is it in the WvW forums?

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

so why is it in the WvW forums?

That’s a great question! I’m not the OP so I don’t can’t really give an answer to that. Here’s the original quote:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Warrior-Ele-2-0/3122482

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

I have a Warrior hammer/sword-shield. With 0/10/30/0/30. And yes, need that nerf, is just OP, i always said that.

But, is funny how Arenanet nerf that, what is ok. But continue supporting condition meta (through runes and sigils), what is the same.

Powerbuilds for maximum damage needs: Power, crit chance, crit damage.
Condibuilds for maximum damage needs: Condition power.

With condi builds you are saving in 2 stats, you can use it in defense and have maximum tankiness with maximum damage.

Counters for condi builds: remove conditions? reapply without penalization system laugh at it.
Condition duration reduction? Food, runes, sigils, traits hard counter it.

And condi build has A LOT of soft CC. A LOT. And some immobilize and hard cc.

Condition damage is a meta because is the best way to get advantage, in any games what is meta is op or broken, and in some point meta change, why? because that broken/op part is nerf or hardcounter. And the meta change.

(edited by urieldhynne.2743)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

You mean that you need power, crit chance, crit damage to have much much higher damage than max con dmg.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

it is sad how hybrid and zerk etc FUN builds suffer from all these so called buffs and nerfs to op meta builds

it is so sad how op tanky condinecros are or how op tanky guards/wars are or how op certain mesmer builds are they make thieves look silly kiddy play.

AND then there are duration foods and dumb as muppet condi duration reduction runes and traits omg… I don’t even.. PASSIVE PASSIVE PASSIVE. It seems left hand doesn’t know what right is doing or something there..

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

I have a Warrior hammer/sword-shield. With 0/10/30/0/30. And yes, need that nerf, is just OP, i always said that.

But, is funny how Arenanet nerf that, what is ok. But continue supporting condition meta (through runes and sigils), what is the same.

Powerbuilds for maximum damage needs: Power, crit chance, crit damage.
Condibuilds for maximum damage needs: Condition power.

With condi builds you are saving in 2 stats, you can use it in defense and have maximum tankiness with maximum damage.

Counters for condi builds: remove conditions? reapply without penalization system laugh at it.
Condition duration reduction? Food, runes, sigils, traits hard counter it.

And condi build has A LOT of soft CC. A LOT. And some immobilize and hard cc.

Condition damage is a meta because is the best way to get advantage, in any games what is meta is op or broken, and in some point meta change, why? because that broken/op part is nerf or hardcounter. And the meta change.

I run full exotic/ascended dire on my necro with applied fortitude. I run blindchill spam, all the fear I can get. I still get back stabbed for 8k. What good is all my toughness doing? I don’t care how someone else has to build to make those hit happen, they happen often enough that every thief I come across must magically be running full zerker with scholar runes or something…

If I go all in on defensive gear I expect to have some defence. Conditions may be strong, but they can be cleansed, reduced in duration or completely ignored all together (grrrwarriors). You can’t cleanse direct damage. And when a thief can hit that hard every 3 seconds, and when misses don’t pull them out of stealth (making blinds useless) it’s very hard to say my dire set is overpowered…

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

conditions should have extra stats to be effective just like power builds. They don’t have to give up anywhere near as much as power builds. They should introduce a new stat. Condition chance. It will be kinda like how precision is. Make it so that conditions you use only have a CHANCE to affect enemies. That way condition builds are forced to stack condition damage, condition chance, and condition duration to be fully effective just like power builds are forced to use 3 stats.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

conditions should have extra stats to be effective just like power builds. They don’t have to give up anywhere near as much as power builds. They should introduce a new stat. Condition chance. It will be kinda like how precision is. Make it so that conditions you use only have a CHANCE to affect enemies. That way condition builds are forced to stack condition damage, condition chance, and condition duration to be fully effective just like power builds are forced to use 3 stats.

Condition damage is already very weak in real fights and you would wanna nerf if totally useless.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Condition builds (ones i run) also use power, condition duration and precision… not everyone maxes out Vitality and Toughness – i try to have a good mix of stats.

There are hybrid builds, which rely on Power/Precision/Condition Damage and Crit Damage % – these would be affected negatively by any changes made…

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Condition Meta is a misleading term people came up with to stigmatize Condition-builds.

The most problematic builds, balance wise, in WvW are direct damage. Conditions are also kitten for zerg-on-zerg action. Whereas direct damage prevails in zerg-on-zerg.
And people have the balls to call it a condition meta.

Its a direct-damage meta, and it has been since day 1.

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Condition Meta is a misleading term people came up with to stigmatize Condition-builds.

The most problematic builds, balance wise, in WvW are direct damage. Conditions are also kitten for zerg-on-zerg action. Whereas direct damage prevails in zerg-on-zerg.
And people have the balls to call it a condition meta.

Its a direct-damage meta, and it has been since day 1.

^^this. With all the random condition removal in large scale fights condition duration is almost a non factor.

The real answer for the stat issue brought up above is to drop the base condition damage and allow it to crit based off precision. That wouldn’t work because of how bleeds and confusion stack with each one needing to be calculated for a crit the servers would melt down.