Conditions

Conditions

in WvW

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

Condi’s need a HUGE nerf in WvW situations. We don’t have 1million HP to cope with the insane bleeds, burns, torment, poison, confusion etc that can be applied before you can even hit a cleanse skill.

And even IF you manage to get a few cleansed, they’re instantly reapplied! Why don’t you just get us to stand still and do nothing while being killed, because that’s basically what I do as a Ranger these days.

I can’t shoot my way out, everythings reflected back at me + retalliation + conditions. GG at this so-called “balance”.

Once a condition is removed, you should be immune to conditions for 30seconds at least. And “piercing arrows” should cut through blocks and a percentage of Toughness! That’d balance Longbow dps in WvW.

Conditions

in WvW

Posted by: Julenal.3907

Julenal.3907

Community disagreed, but we have to remember that community isn’t always right.

Or single players.

GM of Finnish gaming community guild “Frozen Dawn” [FD] since GW2 announce
GW player of 14+kh and Passionate Mind Wracker since 2005

Conditions

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

When I survive a rapid fire I should be immune to bow attacks for 30 seconds.

Conditions

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

What do reflects have to do with conditions ?

Most Co dition damage skills do equivalent damage as direct damage skills, yet over a longer period of time. How does that make condition applying skills problematic?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Conditions

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

What do reflects have to do with conditions ?

Most Co dition damage skills do equivalent damage as direct damage skills, yet over a longer period of time. How does that make condition applying skills problematic?

Because ppl “survive” the initial attack and think they deserve to stay alive then… Almost instant 20k damage seems to be okay compared to the unfairness of 20k damage over a longer period of time…

I came to the conclusion long ago, that the principle of conditions is too much for ppl to grasp…

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Conditions

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

OP sounds like a Ranger, they probably have some of the worst condi mitigation in the game ATM.

Conditions

in WvW

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Condi’s need a HUGE nerf in WvW situations. We don’t have 1million HP to cope with the insane bleeds, burns, torment, poison, confusion etc that can be applied before you can even hit a cleanse skill.

And even IF you manage to get a few cleansed, they’re instantly reapplied! Why don’t you just get us to stand still and do nothing while being killed, because that’s basically what I do as a Ranger these days.

I can’t shoot my way out, everythings reflected back at me + retalliation + conditions. GG at this so-called “balance”.

Once a condition is removed, you should be immune to conditions for 30seconds at least. And “piercing arrows” should cut through blocks and a percentage of Toughness! That’d balance Longbow dps in WvW.

build less glass

Conditions

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Right…and as a necro I want 50 seconds of stability. Quit running glass cannon

Dtox

Conditions

in WvW

Posted by: lightson.2310

lightson.2310

Time your cleanse better or save it for a “worse” condition. Dont use your condi clear on a blind or something, save it for an immob a chill, confusion etc. The “harder” condis.

Cancel rapid fire so you don’t reflect your arrows back. Retal doesn’t hit as hard as your making out so its not really a problem.

No. Thats way way to long and would make a lot of builds completely unviable. Piercing arrows just means you hit more than 1 target, why should it be able to go through blocks/invulns and a % of toughness , and Longbow DPS is fine.

Too be fair this is mostly looking like “i died to a condi mesmer or necro and i’m here to complain about how OP they are and how weak i am”

Sounds like an l2p issue.

Sven – Ele
[Re][Crng][vE]
https://www.youtube.com/c/SvenGw2

Conditions

in WvW

Posted by: Sombike.6291

Sombike.6291

OP sounds like a Ranger, they probably have some of the worst condi mitigation in the game ATM.

Well, usually power lb rangers run survival utilities/elite/heal, and traited survivals give -2 condis, I’d say its pretty good as far as cleanses go. I see the OPs problem as a l2p issue …
Not shooting through reflects (bind a stop attack button), better positioning, faster reflexes, party comp …

LeBlop – [Dius] – Necromancer

Conditions

in WvW

Posted by: papaiggy.1345

papaiggy.1345

You are joking right? HAHAHAHAHA

Conditions

in WvW

Posted by: papaiggy.1345

papaiggy.1345

L 2 Play quit wasting space on the forum with garbage like this.

Conditions

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Well, usually power lb rangers run survival utilities/elite/heal, and traited survivals give -2 condis, I’d say its pretty good as far as cleanses go. I see the OPs problem as a l2p issue …
Not shooting through reflects (bind a stop attack button), better positioning, faster reflexes, party comp …

Well, I wouldn’t go so far to say that Rangers have no options, Im mainly speaking comparatively to what other classes can get. Rangers used to be able to take the survival trait + emphatic bond, which put them in a good spot, but that is no longer possible. They can still pile on some extra mitigation via sigils/food/runes/brown bear but at that point there is nothing left over for a decent build.

As someone that plays every class I would rank them like this as far as achieving condi mitigation and still having good builds:

S Rank
Ele, Necro, Warrior (against everything but Necros), Mantra PU Mesmer

Decent Rank
Guard (lots of removals but long CDs), Engineer (need 2 traitlines for optimal removal), Thief (Shadow’s Embrace nerfed but still decent)

Needs Work
Ranger (would be decent again if they could take EB and Wilderness Knowledge)

Conditions

in WvW

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

I’m going to get flamed for this but anyway
when roaming, condi is somewhat too strong right now, the thing is, in a condi vs direct dmg dealer situation, the condi mostly wins, not becaues he had more skill, or outplayed the enemy, but because he plays condi ( does not apply to all condi players!!)
as condi you can go very tanky and still trait into conditions, due to the buff to condis in the last patch the dmg dealt per tick is pretty high.
this ends up in being the dmg a condi player can deal in a few ticks is about the same or higher than what the dmg dealing class can do, depending on the class, because most of these need to spend points in power, ferocity etc. vit and toughness is harder to come by, the midigate dmg by using utility skills, dodging, evades etc.
a tanky condi on the other hand doesn’t need to spend those points, just condi dmg, vit and toughness
meaning they tank more and deal the same amount of dmg, if not even more
(again does not apply for every build and situation)
I’ve had my fair share of fighting condi classes, the fact that it takes less skill and it’s (in a 1v1 situation) low risk high reward just makes it unfair to players not playing condi

and cleanses won’t help much, you take away the condis, take away the damage for a few seconds, mostly just 1 or 2, and then they are just reapplied
e.g. i was playing my medi guard yesterday and a necro (condi) poped up, i had about 6-8 condis on me, used my utility skill that cleares them all, 2 sec later they where all back, skill is on cd, didn’t have any impact on the engagement and i was dead from 18k life to 0 in about 3-5 sec
the best counter to condi is condi atm

IMHO it’s just unfair

If I’m badly mistaking or whatever I’d like to discuss this topic instead of hearing the basic l2p, you suck, flaming bullkitten

thanks