Confirmation from new WvW Staff on T8

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

How is this throwing GoM under the bus? I’m just curious, because even if they normalize t8, you still have a week to not come in third place again.

But that’s the thing, according to Devon the ratings bump might be enough to drop them down tonight.

So the key here is that if we do this correctly, then they will be able to get out of T8 by kicking tail. There are other underlying problems here that are more complicated to fix, but the change we are making should make it more likely that there is some movement between T7 and T8 on a regular basis, rather than the way it currently is. As for throwing anyone under the bus, this is still based on how you perform in the current matchup. The only way to get dropped down to T8, is to have done poorly in T7.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

The only way to get dropped down to T8, is to have done poorly in T7.

yes/no.. you would have to have done a certain amount of poorly. Not all third place are equal and perhaps GoM players would’ve put in more effort into raising their final score had they known the goal post was going to be moved on them.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

Adjusting ratings on zero days notice is quite simply and bluntly stupid. I have no love for GoM but you are basically punishing them for enjoying new content this week. Anywhere else in the world, you give people NOTICE when you change things. Instead of hey, because you all have shiny backpacks and weapons now you get a free trip to T8, you announce that on next week’s reset, you will be artificially inflating scores in T8 (because apparently holding your breath until you turn blue gets results) so you all might want to have a solid WvW week to avoid getting sent down.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Announcing this correction with so little warning feels a bit like throwing GoM under the bus… how about making the ratings bump a bit more public and waiting till next week so servers have a chance to prepare.

How is this throwing GoM under the bus? I’m just curious, because even if they normalize t8, you still have a week to not come in third place again. Either show up or don’t and fall to t8, pretty clean cut.

Because GoM, while very normally very active in WvW, is notorious for jumping head-first into new events as they’re released. So between the new adventure box and spring break, our maps were a ghost town for much of the week and our scoring was kitten. Combo that up with this surprise announcement about T8 ratings adjustments, and it’s a pretty bad sucker-punch for us, or a miracle for SF, depending on your point of view.

Either way, I’m happy the devs are making some progress into creating a more volatile scoring environment. And I do realize that no matter the solution, it’s impossible to make everyone happy (in this case, me and my server). I just think a week’s notice would’ve been grand instead of getting tossed down because everyone wanted to play mario.

What about resetting the ratings for T7 and T8, then populating those two match-ups based on random draw from the bottom six teams? Give those teams a fighting chance and let the ratings re-adjust accordingly. Who knows… maybe ET/FC don’t belong in T8 either.

in WvW

Posted by: FilthyRat.4652

FilthyRat.4652

When SF comes up to T7 it is only going to prove to everyone how broken the system was before. We have been in T8 for almost 3 month dominating and vastly outnumbering our opponents.

Barodd-80 W/Kremklin-80 Me/Dokast-80 Nec
Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

yes/no.. you would have to have done a certain amount of poorly. Not all third place are equal and perhaps GoM players would’ve put in more effort into raising their final score had they known the goal post was going to be moved on them.

Don’t give GoM any ideas this week.

Or I’ll have to be scraping them off of my SM all week.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Scleameth.6809

Scleameth.6809

Well I think that even before the recent free transfers there was one hell of a battle between the 3 T7 servers just to stay clear of the T8 trap. I would imagine it was some of the best WvW entertainment all around. The thing is just that SF has to move up – they deserve nothing less. This means one of the 3 T7s has to move down. This week (or hopefully not later than the next) will prove who really does not want to drop down… Rally yer troops T7!!

FC – [SNKY]
Keep the Faith (and stay out of AC fire)

in WvW

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

No offense, but if GoM and the rest of T7 are so much superior to T8 as they would like to believe, it won’t be long before they are able to move back up to T7. This is assuming they are indeed pushed down to T8 this week.

Besides, look at the bright side. If GoM does move down they get to be the green team. And that might help some of your players get world completion.

in WvW

Posted by: Raithien.7946

Raithien.7946

Announcing this correction with so little warning feels a bit like throwing GoM under the bus… how about making the ratings bump a bit more public and waiting till next week so servers have a chance to prepare.

How is this throwing GoM under the bus? I’m just curious, because even if they normalize t8, you still have a week to not come in third place again. Either show up or don’t and fall to t8, pretty clean cut.

I think this can easily give that impression when you couple an artificial drop to t8 with the free transfers this week, which many have pointed to as being partially responsible to this weeks matchup imbalance. Having both of these happen in the same week may make people feel like they have been tossed under a large motorized vehicle, despite the reality of any intentions or effects.

If GoM drops to t8 tonight, then we will fight our way out. If we have a week to escape the drop, then we will fight our way out. Either way our destination is through mountains of enemy corpses. Changes little for us.

Gates of Madness – [RH]
Norrec De Saber(War), Riccol(Guard), Russou Pagan(Necro)
-Raven Hold till we’re dust- “Those loot bags run fast, don’t they”

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

I think this can easily give that impression when you couple an artificial drop to t8 with the free transfers this week, which many have pointed to as being partially responsible to this weeks matchup imbalance. Having both of these happen in the same week may make people feel like they have been tossed under a large motorized vehicle, despite the reality of any intentions or effects.

If GoM drops to t8 tonight, then we will fight our way out. If we have a week to escape the drop, then we will fight our way out. Either way our destination is through mountains of enemy corpses. Changes little for us.

I think GoM needs to pack their bags and keep those red shirts out you will need them again soon.

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Whtever helps GoM sleep at night

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Mad Rasputin.7809

No offense to GoM or any other T7 server, but SF has proven they deserve to move up and have a shot at T7.

If GoM does get bumped down to T8, it is not because they have been dominating their tier for the last many weeks.

It is unfortunate for you guys, but SF deserves to move up more than GoM deserves to stay in T7.

in WvW

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Come on down here with we plebeians, GoM. It’s not so bad. We’re full of kitten and vinegar down here. So you might stay for 6 months. Hell, it could be worse… actually, no, it couldn’t be. We’re like those people on the Titanic in the lower-decks. Once you accept that there’s no getting off the boat, you can just go under the water with a calm, happy feeling. You’ll see. It’s all about perspective!

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in WvW

airstu.2579

If this is such a good idea, why isn’t the same service being given to euro t8 & 9? Good to know bribes do work.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

If this is such a good idea, why isn’t the same service being given to euro t8 & 9? Good to know bribes do work.

Didn’t even think of that….how much would it take to get into T7 tonight. I have a bottle of Jack a terrible attitude and the only thing that would make me happy aside from punching a baby would be to fight NSP tonight

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

This feel like a reality game show.

Who is in danger this week and whom is in the bottom three?

Stay tuned…

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

What bribe? The cookies???

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Didn’t even think of that….how much would it take to get into T7 tonight. I have a bottle of Jack a terrible attitude and the only thing that would make me happy aside from punching a baby would be to fight NSP tonight

LOL, laughed so hard at this!!

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

As someone from a server who feels like they’ve been thrown under the bus for 11 weeks straight, this is a welcome change. Thank you Devon and the rest of the WvW team for this rating boost to help with the Glicko Ghetto and giving us the much anticipated opportunity to test our chops in T7! I know it’s just a bandaid, but it’s certainly a step in the right direction.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

in WvW

Posted by: Debois Guilbert.6413

Debois Guilbert.6413

Well those T7 guys were posting pics of spiking a Anet employee….so the only fair thing to do is move SF and let us right this injustice for you guys.
<snip>

Hey quit your brown nosing!

Altoholic Luciana Delaluna, Ranger
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness
“This space intentionally left blank.” ~ Zork

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

You could offer the inhabitants of the bottom 3 servers free transfers to the server of their choice , then turn that Tier into 3 maps of open world pvp…no more ppts…open keeps & towers to seige up for bases, but no points invlolved in taking them…no camps…

Just open world pvp

Try to fix it by destroying all of our servers? No thanks. I like the FC community which is why I haven’t jumped ship.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Gafgarion.3846

Gafgarion.3846

I feel bad for T7 when Sorrow’s Furnace comes from the depths of T8 and crushes their balls in an iron vice.

in WvW

Posted by: skeet.1390

skeet.1390

Yes, all fear the zerg artists that are SF.

Zoe Whiplash
[BanG]

in WvW

Ynot.8397

Well those T7 guys were posting pics of spiking a Anet employee….so the only fair thing to do is move SF and let us right this injustice for you guys.

I usually dont use bible quotes but this one from Deuteronomy would be most fitting given the current situation and what T7 is going to look like afterward.

‘All its land is brimstone and salt, a burning waste, unsown and unproductive, and no grass grows in it, like the overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah, Admah and Zeboiim, which the LORD overthrew in His anger and in His wrath.’……Dueteronomy 29:23

If they want to punish them bring JQ down xD

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I feel bad for T7 when Sorrow’s Furnace comes from the depths of T8 and crushes their balls in an iron vice.

Pretty much this.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Dear devon…can you try and encourage the spvp crew to make similar quick fixes to balancing etc … i think you’ll find lots of wild tweaks to class balance over a month or 2 might be far more beneficial than say…slight tweaks and major nerfs over 8 months….

all imo of course…but this is a prime example of the direction i appreciate you as a dev is going….it is bandaid…but at least its being addressed in such a way that it can be rectified.

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

I on the other hand would laugh my kitten off when SF gets their kitten kicked in t7 and fall back to t8. Now that would be hilarious.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Ynot.8397

You will try…

in WvW

Gafgarion.3846

I on the other hand would laugh my kitten off when SF gets their kitten kicked in t7 and fall back to t8. Now that would be hilarious.

You’re hilarious. SF hasn’t been constantly rolling the same 2 servers with 200k point leads every week for months, right? And once we get new servers to fight? Even more people are gonna show up. It’s gonna be horrible to be in T7 and not be Sorrow’s Furnace if you like winning, that I promise.

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Just because you’re wining by a huge margin in last tier doesn’t mean you will faceroll the tier above too. That I promise you and I speak from experience.

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Darek.1836

Just because you’re wining by a huge margin in last tier doesn’t mean you will faceroll the tier above too. That I promise you and I speak from experience.

Yeah because Devona and Kaineng totally didn’t smash t7 with over 500k victories! Oh.. wait..

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

airstu.2579

DR and Kain actually got out of T8 on their own merits.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Yeah because Devona’s Rest and Kaineng were your average servers who didn’t get a S-Load of transfers. Oh wait…

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Gafgarion.3846

Bullkitten. They got out long before the rankings system skewed itself into uselessness. SF avgs much higher average scores and bigger gaps over the other 2 T8 servers than DR and Kaineng ever had.

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

Post like this just shows how scared T7 is of SF coming up there….and then the other servers after that.

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Bullkitten. They got out long before the rankings system skewed itself into uselessness. SF avgs much higher average scores and bigger gaps over the other 2 T8 servers than DR and Kaineng ever had.

Actually it averages lower, if it had bigger gaps then SF would have been able to tier up like it has been happening in Eu T9.

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Darek.1836

T8 was skewed BECAUSE of Kain and Devona. Honestly
though SF is performing better than DR did and, at least for FC, the rest of t8 have improved in numbers (and obviously strategy and organization) since then.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Gafgarion.3846

Actually it averages lower, if it had bigger gaps then SF would have been able to tier up like it has been happening in Eu T9.

You might wanna go do some research before you get that foot any further down your throat. I’m going to leave it at that.

in WvW

Darek.1836

Also I laugh because you guys obviously expect any server that busts out of t8 by itself to crush t7. So what then happens if they almost do
by themselves? Only a mass blowout, not a shutout?

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Gafgarion.3846

Huh, that’s funny, kitten. Looks exactly like the scores do now with SF, except we’re doing a little better on average.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

So…according to this data…You are bragging about eating his foot? Because it looks to me like it averages nearly even or in favor of SF, but I dont have time to do the math right now.

Edit: The only thing that may skew it is the week kain got 500k, otherwise it looks like every other week in tier 8 for the last 2 months.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

(edited by Aeonblade.8709)

in WvW

airstu.2579

SF has scored more than 400k once since dropping to t8, including multiple weeks of scoring less than 300k. But hey, don’t let facts interfere with your arguments.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life

in WvW

Mad Rasputin.7809

Anybody who thinks SF doesn’t deserve or hasn’t earned their chance to move up is disillusional and really doesn’t understand the problem that has become known as T8, the Glicko Ghetto.

No need to try to explain it again, the information is right here in this very forum to read.

in WvW

Gafgarion.3846

SF has scored more than 400k once since dropping to t8, including multiple weeks of scoring less than 300k. But hey, don’t let facts interfere with your arguments.

Oh look, another scared NSP warrior. Can’t wait to scrape you off of my boots after you get zerged the kitten over by us!

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Zzzz, learn some math. It’s not the amount a point a server got but the amount of points relative to the opposing server and Mos really makes it easy to check that on SF comes nowhere near kaineng. And SF’s “average” compared to the enemy is lower than that of DR’s compared to the enemy.

Anybody who thinks SF doesn’t deserve or hasn’t earned their chance to move up is disillusional and really doesn’t understand the problem that has become known as T8, the Glicko Ghetto.

No need to try to explain it again, the information is right here in this very forum to read.

I’m not saying you haven’t deserved to tier up, just saying that you might not get to steamroll t7 like they’re all saying you will.

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Gafgarion.3846

Zzzz, learn some math. It’s not the amount a point a server got but the amount of points relative to the opposing server and Mos really makes it easy to check that on SF comes nowhere near kaineng. And SF’s “average” compared to the enemy is lower than that of DR’s compared to the enemy.

Again, this is a highly unmotivated and lazy SF that is tired of beating the kitten out of FC and ET for the last few months. Once we have some new meat to tear into it will be an entirely different story, and mark my words, it’s gonna hurt to be in T7 and not be SF, you’ll see.

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Oh look, another scared NSP warrior. Can’t wait to scrape you off of my boots after you get zerged the kitten over by us!

You really shouldn’t try so hard to make your server look as bad as you do.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

And Pam Anderson got jobs in Hollywood because of her keen business savvy and bookish personality.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in WvW

Mad Rasputin.7809

Just for the record, I am not from SF. I am from FC.

I have seen what they have done week after week and as much as I despise them, I believe they have earned a chance to move up.

They are victims of the unfortunate circumstance that the ratings systems created in T8. And adjusting all of the T8 scores will help ensure, in the short term, anybody else who gets moved down to T8 isn’t stuck there.