in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

For winning the Silver League.

Congratulations To Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Ooph… where will this thread go next? More FA congrats, comments about FA tanking to get into silver league, the obvious imbalance in Silver League… hmmm.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Yes, congratulations to all the fine people of Silver league.

FA has not completed it’s 7 week sweep yet, but is getting closer by the day. It has been very boring during the blowouts, but very exciting against SBI. Hopefully the brackets change a bit for next season so that the lower servers get a shot at some goodies in the future.

Thanks for the great run everybody

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Well, I will say that objectively, being the stomper is preferable to being the stomped.

That being said, this last week fighting SBI has been far more fun than any of the other weeks simply because we’re actually getting to play WvW. I would have much preferred having a reasonable league between SBI, Mag, SoS, Yaks, and TC…but it did not happen unfortunately.

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

It was a tough league between FA and SBI….

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Congrats. You win the PvF award too

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: thereturnedhero.3284

thereturnedhero.3284

Thanks! Fun week so far with SBI and DB.

Member of The Legacy [OBEY]
Commander on Fort Aspenwood Server

in WvW

Posted by: Gilgamesh.7364

Gilgamesh.7364

Such a worthless thread. Please stop making it look like some of us even remotely cared about the outcome of this league. This thread is a self congratulatory piece of kitten about something meaningful only to the fairweathers that hopefully won’t be around in a week or two.

this guy…

In WvWvW, there will always be 1 winner & 2 losers.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Even through a some players lately were spying on us in our TS and that injured your reputation on the SBI server FA surely deserved to win it anyway and we can’t blame a whole server for the few isolated incidents.

So well done on this super long league! Hopefully next time we fight it will be on some new maps. Very fun battle this week.

in WvW

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

FA may have had some blow-outs, but I spent plenty of time getting mauled as an Aspenwood individual. There were some excellent fast response teams out there protecting the non-FA camps from a little low profile commerce warfare .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in WvW

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Here’s looking forward to Friday and seeing what that Season 1 Chest is filled with!!!

Thanks to SBI, Yaks, and DB for putting up some really good fights along the way. The gold and loot was amazing

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Well, I will say that objectively, being the stomper is preferable to being the stomped.

Many of us disagree with that statement.

Target rich environment > winning.

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Many of us disagree with that statement.

Target rich environment > winning.

That’s a matter of scale. While I too enjoy a target rich environment, 40 man zergs tend to be rather resistant to roaming pressure.

in WvW

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

I agree. Trying to roam against FA or SBI was pretty frustrating. You rarely bump into groups of fewer than a dozen, and it’s usually 20+ in prime time. Their map domination made it easy for my thief to complete the ‘kill yaks and sentries’ metas, but actual fights were rare.

I know there are some people who can take on 1v6 or 2v10 fights and do fine. Most people cannot.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: CAA.9653

CAA.9653

Ooph… where will this thread go next? More FA congrats, comments about FA tanking to get into silver league, the obvious imbalance in Silver League… hmmm.

It really bothers me when people say that because I truly think this is what you believe. FA did not tank. We got roflstomped for 3 months straight against T1 servers. This caused one of our largest and most active NA guild to go to JQ, and our largest and only SEA force to go to some other server. SBI and probably Yaks Bend would have crushed us it we did not get a few transfers right before league to replace those guys.

For clarification, those guys were not bandwagon in my opinion. FA went from being ranked 5th to being ranked 8th or 9th within 3 weeks. We were in a downward spiral at that point.

When we were up in T1 we felt the same way the rest of silver does now. Our groups of 15-20 could not play because we constantly kept getting crushed by 30-40. Therefore, while we sympathize with the rest of silver, we are not sorry for kicking your butts. You only dealt with FA for 7 weeks, while we faced T1 for almost 3 months, and have been getting our butts kicked in T2 by a much larger TC, KN or DB force since February.

And no, Silver league was not all fun and games. We so many achievement hunters/bandwagon PvEers come to WvW that our Q’s were very long, and some of our main WvW guilds almost transferred because of it.

Regardless, FA is now fine and dandy. I think I speak for everybody in FA when I thank all of the silver league for the great fights.

Cheers.

Guardian – Cameid, but my friends call me Cam

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Who cares what some person on the internetz thinks about a server he is not on? He can mansplain about FA tanking til he’s blue in the face. In the end, that’s all it is: “mansplaining”.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

It really bothers me when people say that because I truly think this is what you believe. FA did not tank. We got roflstomped for 3 months straight against T1 servers. This caused one of our largest and most active NA guild to go to JQ, and our largest and only SEA force to go to some other server. SBI and probably Yaks Bend would have crushed us it we did not get a few transfers right before league to replace those guys.

I don’t think that, I was just posing a question on how this thread would go since these types of topics can get out of hand quick. I think servers are way too diverse to pigeon hole. I am sure some guilds did slack off hoping to land in silver just as I am sure some came on strong hoping for gold.

My only comment on this is I think the servers worthy of an acknowledgement are the ones that got stomped for 7 weeks straight by higher pop servers. It was a relatively easy task for FA to beat almost every other server in Silver. This isn’t the right set of matches for you and that is not your fault so I am not casting blame. I just feel for the servers that had to slog through weeks of hard match ups and soldiered on despite it (and I do not consider my server in that list).

I agree. Trying to roam against FA or SBI was pretty frustrating. You rarely bump into groups of fewer than a dozen, and it’s usually 20+ in prime time.

I agree and I think most servers with a noticeably higher pop than the competing servers tends to blob together more just to find fights. I found the YB weeks to be almost as bad as the FA and SBI weeks. I am sure servers with lower populations than BP say the same about us.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Let’s hope next season the most evenly matched servers are kept together. SoS, Mag, FA, and SBI should never have been separated.

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Yeah. I’d much rather prefer league with FA/SOS/MAG/SBI/Yakk/TC(?).

in WvW

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Enjoy getting ROFL-stomped in the Gold League next season!

in WvW

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

Let’s hope they introduce some kind of balancing system before season 2 starts. It always sucks if you have to wait at least 1 week until you have a fair match again.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I agree. Trying to roam against FA or SBI was pretty frustrating. You rarely bump into groups of fewer than a dozen, and it’s usually 20+ in prime time.

Silver League is so adorable (coming from weeks where 20 is a havoc group).

Congrats to FA for rallying after a rough patch and to YB for pulling ahead of ahead of the preseason favorite.

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Enjoy getting ROFL-stomped in the Gold League next season!

If Mags lets them in. Mag has already said if season 2 comes around they would be in gold….Only so many spots at the top. That would also require FA to want to be there, which if they tanked their score they don’t..