Content from the Dev livestream

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

A list of added content:

-ram mastery
-5 new ranks in repair mastery
-reinforcement mastery
-New siege in WvW is a possibility but not an immediate item on the table.
-Masteries will continue being added.
-Rank max is diamond legend at 10k ranks
-Bloodlust in the borderlands is the new “Orb” mechanic. It doesn’t not have a release date yet. 5 objectives in the borderlands lake, 3 of them give an orb buff if held together.
-Clarification that treb mastery 5 drains 10 supply per shot.
-Treb mastery 4 drops 20 sec healing zone and water field.

I will expand the list as more is seen, please discuss these changes below.

Attachments:

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

(edited by Asudementio.8526)

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

New info about rank (at least for me)
Rank 10 000 = Diamond Legend.

:D

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

A list of added content:

5 WvW ruins in the borderlands, when you hold 3 you get a buff.

This is all that really matters. Did they go into details? Can you elaborate please? I can’t watch it at work, its blocked, those kittens!

in WvW

Posted by: TxJBxT.9370

TxJBxT.9370

Nope they didn’t. Kinda of a waste of time really.

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

It was a huge island in the middle, with a huge castle/tower

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

The ruin we saw looked beautiful and like it could be a fun place to fight. I’m anxious to know when it’ll be added.

in WvW

Posted by: Zulubeast.8519

Zulubeast.8519

Looks like a way to break up the zerg as well, not enough information from the stream to pass positive/negative judgement but I’m excited for the changes at least!

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

“I want to show something that a lot of people are really excided about, meta events in WvW”
Shows one of the 5 capture points located around the lake. Doesnt even show/tell what you get if you capture it. Shuts down stream.
Oh well, I would call this “getting scammed” if I would have paid for the game and some Head developer told me to watch the stream. Oh well…

~ Gandara

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

No, details were sparse. They didn’t go in depth about anything other than the current in game masteries.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Babblechew.8409

Babblechew.8409

Watching it made me acutally more kitten ed.
I think It’s time to move to PvE since that’s all they do in “Guild” Wars 2.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Will be really cool especially if they do not allow siege in there.

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

It was a huge island in the middle, with a huge castle/tower

There was a sentry point where you were talking about. Sentry in a tower?? Maybe they just redesigned the temple of storms area to match the new “orb areas”

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

bringing spvp into wvw — point capture/defense

…well maybe the spvp team will get to work on wvw now and increase the amount of attention anet gives to wvw??

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

They realty trolled a lot of ppl it was great! Looks like they are adding in a good bit in the BL.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Aevis.4061

Aevis.4061

did anyone take a screenshot from the castle in the back, while he trolled us showing his armor?

Elona Reach [DE], Tamok [TA]

in WvW

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

Will be really cool especially if they do not allow siege in there.

I think I saw a bit of siege half built up top, so they probably allow it.

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

I would like to add that they likely skipped over the questions about bloodlust and the objectives because they are unsure all the details in their final implementation. Though if they didn’t want questions they shouldn’t have shown any of it, just saying.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

did anyone take a screenshot from the castle in the back, while he trolled us showing his armor?

I can’t verify but it looks like hills is getting some design changes.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Aeden.5896

Aeden.5896

A list of added content:

This is all that really matters. Did they go into details? Can you elaborate please? I can’t watch it at work, its blocked, those kittens!

He didn’t go into a lot of detail. There were 5 capture points spread evenly around the lake (one looked underwater) of the borderlands. If your realm captures at least 3 you are granted an unknown buff called “bloodlust.”

He showed one capture point near bay which was a new colosseum ruin which demonstrated that they’re slightly changing the borderlands map.

in WvW

Posted by: Mystery.7392

Mystery.7392

So….

No new map.
Nothing about GvG
Adding sPVP into WvW
No Golem Mastery (hehe)

Well done…. good way to kill the WvW.

Aloha Luana – The Iron Triangle [IRON]
Warrior – Gunnar’s Hold
Will always love Elona!

in WvW

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

Looked awesome. No kittening walls! Just capture points. Will be an awesome place for guilds to fight all day!

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Really?

Capturing the 3 points while you hold the Garrison should open DF – > A place to farm Real Coin for WvW’ers w/o taking out the WORLD VS WORLD.

It would also be a place for PVE’r’s to ~want~ to go to, while giving us PvP’ers a place to farm PvE’ers.

I strongly feel the WvW team really doesn’t understand what the WvW Population wants and this “content update” is nothing more than a band-aid.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

They didn’t remove the water from the mini-map but when he ported to the objective in the water the lake was drained and re-terrain.ed

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Consider me trolled. It was kind of funny. They also added some trees near the South East Tower!

Who doesn’t love trees?

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: Unknown.2796

Unknown.2796

A list of added content:

Attachments:

Location, location, location.

in WvW

Posted by: Aevis.4061

Aevis.4061

I can’t verify but it looks like hills is getting some design changes.

From the angle, it looked more like the new symbol in front of hills. Although a redesigned hills makes more sense than an entire new castle right there.

edit: Actually with others mention, that the lake was drained, that could’ve been where the island of storm currently is.

Elona Reach [DE], Tamok [TA]

(edited by Aevis.4061)

in WvW

Feed Me Change.6528

So….

No new map.

Did you even watch the stream?

EDIT: in the screenshot above he is currently STANDING WHERE WATER SHOULD BE (via the mini-map) but is on a new “Colosseum” of sort which works towards Bloodlust in the Borderlands (new name for Orb?)

(edited by Feed Me Change.6528)

in WvW

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Really?

Capturing the 3 points while you hold the Garrison should open DF – > A place to farm Real Coin for WvW’ers w/o taking out the WORLD VS WORLD.

It would also be a place for PVE’r’s to ~want~ to go to, while giving us PvP’ers a place to farm PvE’ers.

I strongly feel the WvW team really doesn’t understand what the WvW Population wants and this “content update” is nothing more than a band-aid.

that would be so awesome lol

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

Really?

The 3 points should open DF – > A place to farm Real Coin for WvW’ers w/o taking out the WORLD VS WORLD.

I do think WvW needs a darkness falls area openable by say, holding garri and all 5 ruins? portal shows up in garri? It would be like the obsidian sanctum and have pvp enabled but be a place where a lot of money could be made.

I do like the reorganization of the orb mechanic though because it will lend itself to both small-group play and forcing people out of keeps if the buff is done right.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Zinrae.3769

Zinrae.3769

Looks like a way to break up the zerg as well, not enough information from the stream to pass positive/negative judgement but I’m excited for the changes at least!

Not so sure about that, since all 5 of the cap points are in a circle in the middle relatively close to eachother.

Henge of Denravi [PD]

in WvW

Urrid.4593

Or it will result in a zerg running in circles around those rings.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Jski.6180

So….

No new map.
Nothing about GvG
Adding sPVP into WvW
No Golem Mastery (hehe)

No need for new maps when we have space in the old maps that needs to be used.
You know GvG has nothing to do with WvW its a crated thing by the players and it may be best to keep GvG out of WvW in the long run.
WvW is about capping points its the same as in Spvp just in WvW you have a wall to help you most of the time its kind of nice for the open filed ppl to have open filed objectives that are more then just wxp etc…
You kind of have Golem Mastery as is just worth a lot of points max guard def / attk effects Golems.

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

it could but even that would allow for open field fighting given proper organization.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Feed Me Change.6528

Not so sure about that, since all 5 of the cap points are in a circle in the middle relatively close to eachother.

Not sure how the dynamic would work but I would assume you can de-cap from other servers, meaning you can’t just zerg each one down because it will just be flipped again by another server.

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

So….

No new map.
Nothing about GvG
Adding sPVP into WvW
No Golem Mastery (hehe)

You know GvG has nothing to do with WvW its a crated thing by the players and it may be best to keep GvG out of WvW in the long run.
WvW is about capping points its the same as in Spvp just in WvW you have a wall to help you most of the time its kind of nice for the open filed ppl to have open filed objectives that are more then just wxp etc…
You kind of have Golem Mastery as is just worth a lot of points max guard def / attk effects Golems.

New maps or at least updated map aesthetics would be hugely appreciated by a great deal of people.

GvG has everything to do with WvW because it affects WvW in its current organization.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Urrid.4593

it could but even that would allow for open field fighting given proper organization.

WTB commander tag system worth a kitten .

What organization? Call target? Mumble? Really?

in WvW

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

People will build trebs and shoot the circle 24/7 im taking bets guys !

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

WTB commander tag system worth a kitten .

What organization? Call target? Mumble? Really?

Yes call target and voice coms. Does the commander system need a revamp or update? yes but that doesn’t mean the use of guild groups, squad chat, voice coms, and call target are not a form of organization albeit how crude it is

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Jski.6180

So….

No new map.
Nothing about GvG
Adding sPVP into WvW
No Golem Mastery (hehe)

New maps or at least updated map aesthetics would be hugely appreciated by a great deal of people.

GvG has everything to do with WvW because it affects WvW in its current organization.

They are updating the maps.

Yes the players organization not Anet i have a feeling Anet will be adding GvG in more of an Spvp setting if its any thing like GW1 where you have what guild is better then others. In a way you can nearly pull off a GvG in spvp but ppl tend to want higher numbers.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

agree

you can leave a single person to prevent flipping for a short time while that person calls out a zerg appearance. then your zerg wanders over to fight.

…just like spvp. w/o a 5 player limit.

well, warriors running shield and double endure pain will at least be useful for something, no one else can have like 10 secs of extreme damage mitigation without using invulns.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

So the end result was expecting something new…..soon. Where have I heard that before?

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Urrid.4593

People will build trebs and shoot the circle 24/7 im taking bets guys !

No one even trebs bay anymore (effort meh) so what makes you think anyone is going to treb those rings past one week?

Random thought: I wonder how much “water gate” garrison has changed…

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

As long as ANET restricts siege in these areas. Otherwise, it will not be fun.

Siege will likely not be restricted if i had to guess.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfaen.9461

Wolfaen.9461

Anything that promotes small group play or open field combat is good in my perspective. Atleast the new points don’t involve PvD.

And to the people saying they added sPvP in WvW… take a look around. The whole WvW map has always been capture and hold points. Some just have walls around them.

[Wolf] Wolfaen
Elementalist | Ranger | JQ

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

So….

No new map.
Nothing about GvG
Adding sPVP into WvW
No Golem Mastery (hehe)

If Anet wants to make legit GvG, it will be an addition to custom arenas. WvW was never designed for it.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

i wish they would make skritt and centaurs mercenary camps

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Oops :P

EDIT: Higher res version

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

(edited by Mif.3471)

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

Thanks for the image mif! may i post it? in the opener?

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Feed Me Change.6528

ohhhh snap.. BRING ON OPEN FIELD FIGHTS BABY!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Thanks for the image mif! may i post it? in the opener?

Don’t see how I can stop you

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria