Contested camps

Contested camps

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

What would be the pros and cons of removing or significantly reducing the 30-second delay between guard aggro and the “swords” appearing on a contested camp?

As a home bl defender and scout I find that ever since HoT power creep implementation there is little point in trying to respond to a contested camp unless you happen to be nearby when the swords come up or it’s Vale/Water and you have a WP in Bay/Hills and play a class like Thief with superior mobility.

When the maps were originally designed it made sense to have that timer so as to give solo players a chance to cap because you had to be careful about it, most classes and builds couldn’t just rambo in. However in the post-HoT world anyone with half a brain can solo clear even an upgraded camp quickly, in many cases killing all the NPCs before the swords even come up.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Contested camps

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

People could do that before HoT…

But anyway, this is why there are scouts and why you need to be out there in WvW. If everything insta aggroed then people would just sit in objectives looking at the map and reacting to swords. We already lost a part of the WvW soul with passive sentries and lookouts, loosing another to this…

I would prefer just buffing the supervisor and allow scaling to enemies.

Contested camps

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Give all camps the Iron Guards upgrade so they last a bit longer then 3seconds.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Contested camps

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

IMO all guards in WvW should flag players like the guard nodes. As it is though, I can be at least half or more on a T2 or less camp before swords pop. Players have almost no chance of stopping those flips unless they happen to be in the immediate area.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Contested camps

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Players just need to be better at reading the map and making an educated guess as to what’s going to be hit next. There’s already way too much passive kitten in this game.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN