Convince me, Med-pop servers.

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

If you haven’t heard, Colin have said that

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/SEA-WvW-Guild-Looking-For-New-Server/page/2

medium-sized servers will be free to transfer to next week.

Currently, medium sized servers are:

NA: Ferguson’s Crossing, Henge of Denravi and Eredon Terrace.

EU: SfR, Piken, Gunners, Vabbi, Ruins, Whiteside and FoE. (Left out language servers because I don’t speak them)

So, if you’re a resident of these servers, convince me why me (or my guild) should transfer to your server.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love

in WvW

Posted by: StarFighter.4209

StarFighter.4209

vabbi need players :P go help

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Why should they have to convince you? If you want to transfer, you want to transfer, and it’s up to you to find the community which fits you best.

Though of course you can ask for information.

(edited by Genev.2450)

in WvW

Posted by: Santus.3702

Santus.3702

Ruins of Surmia!

Cause in Ruins of Surmia you can ninja cap Bay while main forces fight at outer gate:

No queues for wvw. No 30+ zergs, no blobs. A real good server for medium/small guilds to play wvw with 5-15 players in organized teams.

Better to Reign in Hell, Than Serve in Heav’n.

in WvW

kuora.5402

Why should they have to convince you? If you want to transfer, you want to transfer, and it’s up to you to find the community which fits you best.

I think you misunderstood me.

Many players are getting tired of skill lags of high-pop servers and looking for another server that has no lag, but still top wvw experience. I wanted this thread to be where small servers can advertise their greatness.

Plus, I see many recruitment threads saying "Come to our server, we have xxx ! " isn’t that convincing?

in WvW

Posted by: Arathor.7419

Arathor.7419

hey im Arathor Greywing from gunnar’s hold we are a mid tier wvw server with medium population we would love to invite new guilds AND players to this server we have some big wvw guilds in gunnar’s already one of them

we are High Tier [HT]

- we are a guild that exist for over 5 months+ , our main focus is WvW

-we play on , Gunnar’s Hold

- what we have to offer :-)

• a friendly / helpfull community
  • a guild with experienced WvW skilled players
  • 90+ active members!
  • almost all upgrades!
  • weekly WvW operations , and once a week guild events!
  • 4x WvW commander ,
  • a teamspeak server 200 slots.
  • Guild Forums

- what we are looking for

• active WvW players who are willing to teamplay with their guildmembers

- Requirements

• teamspeak 3
  • act mature ( Fun is allowed ofcourse but no racism or anykind of this )

- contact

• Arathor.7519
  • Umti.6892
  • Batista.3417
  • Flow.2947
A wolf among sheep

in WvW

Genev.2450

I think you misunderstood me.

Many players are getting tired of skill lags of high-pop servers and looking for another server that has no lag, but still top wvw experience. I wanted this thread to be where small servers can advertise their greatness.

Plus, I see many recruitment threads saying "Come to our server, we have xxx ! " isn’t that convincing?

I’m not a morning person and it’s morning here
(consider that an apology for the misunderstanding, might as well be /sigh :p)

Recruitment posts/advertisements, sure (though not something I personally would base server choice on), but I always feel that people or guild telling servers to “convince” them is… Pretentious. What do you as an individual or guild have to offer to the server that they should court you specifically? Either you want to go, or you don’t.
That’s what triggered my post

in WvW

Posted by: Scleameth.6809

Scleameth.6809

Come to Ferguson’s Crossing because:
we are Red.
Not just any red, #FF0000 red! (the perfect red).
Red is the colour of love and we love WvW and our server!
Red is the colour of heat and we are hot in WvW skillz (and some of us are hawt)
Red is the colour of roses and we not only smell nice, but we don’t have stinky attitudes.
Red is the colour blood and we give blood for our server as well as paint the battlefield red with our enemy’s blood.
Red is the colour of fire trucks and we too have 6 men squads that make a great noise as we tear down walls and rez the fallen.
Red is the colour of Paddington Bear’s boots – cute and fuzzy – who does not like Paddington Bear?

So join FC if you want to be Red and proud! (that is until we are blue then green in which case I will say a bunch of nice things about those colours too).

FC – [SNKY]
Keep the Faith (and stay out of AC fire)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

WHAT?!

Well there goes the community. Piken Square WvW already have enough queues during primetime (even after RG/SiN/etc left, we where just getting settled in the new order of things) but of course since we are the only high tier medium pop server, we get kitten over by Anet once again.

Not happy and will definetly not try to convince anyone.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

kuora.5402

WHAT?!

Well there goes the community. Piken Square WvW already have enough queues during primetime (even after RG/SiN/etc left, we where just getting settled in the new order of things) but of course since we are the only high tier medium pop server, we get kitten over by Anet once again.

Not happy and will not definetly not try to convince anyone.

Sorry, what?

in WvW

Posted by: Vayle.7964

Vayle.7964

only time piken has queue’s is during EU primetime and on EB sometimes during the afternoon, besides, we’re piken… we cap SM with 7 people dps’ing down the inner door without rams because AR doesn’t notice us…

Commander Vayle The Eternal,
Guild Leader Varangian Guard [VG]

in WvW

Posted by: Vayle.7964

Vayle.7964

@scleameth: red is the color of the keep that gets trebbed from SM,
red was the color of anza being rushed,
red was the color of Mendons taht can be cata’d and trebbed from various open field places,
red was the color of the keep that now also is being trebbed from mendons… etc

Commander Vayle The Eternal,
Guild Leader Varangian Guard [VG]

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

only time piken has queue’s is during EU primetime and on EB sometimes during the afternoon, besides, we’re piken… we cap SM with 7 people dps’ing down the inner door without rams because AR doesn’t notice us…

Now, yes… But remember when the last free transfer bandwagon was upon Piken? 2-3 hour queues or more. Established guilds couldnt even get people into WvW. Lately its actually been fun to play GW2 again, even though the enemy zerg always seem larger.

I fear this free transfer to medium servers will be a new shining beacon to bandwagoners thinking “ZOMG A MEDIUM POP IN TIER 3 THAT MUST BE AWESOME!!!!” only to push out existing players. I wish we where high pop, but the PvE population remain low. Need more roleplayers in Divinity

But maybe I am just a Doomsayer. I still will not convince the OP :p

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I’ll repeat what I said in the other thread:

I can say with some experience that the server you are thinking of transferring to doesn’t want any fair-weather Marys. Either transfer for good or don’t transfer at all. They want you to be passionate about their server, not it’s ladder position.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Scleameth.6809

Scleameth.6809

@scleameth: red is the color of the keep that gets trebbed from SM,
red was the color of anza being rushed,
red was the color of Mendons taht can be cata’d and trebbed from various open field places,
red was the color of the keep that now also is being trebbed from mendons… etc

Wait you must be talking about reset night rest of the time its all green… the colour of sick, the colour of slime, the colour of snot. Besides our BL is our pride and that is Red…. (for the most part) even our snow and our rabbits are red. The owls, the moas, the vendors – all red. :P

FC – [SNKY]
Keep the Faith (and stay out of AC fire)

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow of Azrael.1205

Shadow of Azrael.1205

Lately its actually been fun to play GW2 again

Not really.

I fear this free transfer to medium servers will be a new shining beacon to bandwagoners thinking “ZOMG A MEDIUM POP IN TIER 3 THAT MUST BE AWESOME!!!!” only to push out existing players.

Guild Missions came out dude which is a kinda big anchor for guilds so massive transfers are highly unlikely.

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Come to Ferguson’s Crossing because:
we are Red.
Not just any red, #FF0000 red! (the perfect red).
Red is the colour of love and we love WvW and our server!
Red is the colour of heat and we are hot in WvW skillz (and some of us are hawt)
Red is the colour of roses and we not only smell nice, but we don’t have stinky attitudes.
Red is the colour blood and we give blood for our server as well as paint the battlefield red with our enemy’s blood.
Red is the colour of fire trucks and we too have 6 men squads that make a great noise as we tear down walls and rez the fallen.
Red is the colour of Paddington Bear’s boots – cute and fuzzy – who does not like Paddington Bear?

So join FC if you want to be Red and proud! (that is until we are blue then green in which case I will say a bunch of nice things about those colours too).

Rule #1 of WvW: Red is dead!
just sayin :>

Btw, still thinking about hopping over to some US server cause I can’t stand playing WvW at german servers(both due to coverage issues and names of locations being written in chat in 2 diff languages which is utterly confusing… There is people who only know the english name like me, people who only know the german name, people who try to write the english name but fail due to having the german version and people who try to write the german name but fail due to having the english version…) but also don’t want to play against them either(knowing, how kittenty it is, I couldn’t bring myself to crush the poor fellas)… Seriously, server localisation was the worst idea ever.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

Last night there were 30min queues on all borderlands.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in WvW

Posted by: SafeFatNoob.3156

SafeFatNoob.3156

Ruins of Surmia.

I’m safe. I’m fat. I’m a noob.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

How can SFR still be medium it is allways que from 19.00 to 23.00.

in WvW

Genev.2450

How can SFR still be medium it is allways que from 19.00 to 23.00.

Server population shows how many people are online at that time, not how many accounts are registered to that server.
On top of that, SFR has a very high concentration of WvW players, so a large part of those people will be in WvW, while servers as Desolation have more PvE players, meaning very little queus even during primetime.

in WvW

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

I’d recommend Gunnar’s Hold. They have a mature wvw playerbase and it was a lot of fun to play alongside them. Given that xaoc are leaving it could be a great choice for prime-time again. They also have the most active community forums/mumble server i’ve seen, if community is important to you i don’t think there’s a better choice really.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in WvW

Posted by: Twinklefairy.6739

Twinklefairy.6739

You should be trying to convince medium pop servers that they want you on their server.

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

If I didn’t have guild responsibilitys I would take this opportunity to go to sfr in a heartbeat. Sick of the na scene and the crappy meta. As an Aussie my ping is equally kitten in both regions. So that’s a non factor.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

I’d recommend Gunnar’s Hold. They have a mature wvw playerbase and it was a lot of fun to play alongside them. Given that xaoc are leaving it could be a great choice for prime-time again. They also have the most active community forums/mumble server i’ve seen, if community is important to you i don’t think there’s a better choice really.

GH community has its ups and downs like all others, but the main bulk is still there and still enjoyable to play alongside no matter how small the numbers may be at times.

The server as a whole I wouldn’t say has a mature atmosphere at the moment though, thanks to [HT] guild (not counted among the community because they refuse to take part in it, in hindsight quite thankfully).

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Svarty.8019

The server as a whole I wouldn’t say has a mature atmosphere at the moment though, thanks to [HT] guild (not counted among the community because they refuse to take part in it, in hindsight quite thankfully).

We’ll Borg those guys yet, have no fear.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

You are Looking for a Server to Call Home?

We all want that, we all want a place where we can be known, where we can be hero’s and not need to worry about politics, or joining alliances, or needing to be part of some super mega guild and end up a nameless/faceless peon of a servers legion.

In Eredon Terrace, we don’t have politics in the sense that you need to bow to anyone else. If you show up, do your best, you will get known, you will have people who will respect you, and people who will know that by yours and our efforts we have turned the tied of battle.

If the idea that you will be free to fight as you like, to pledge your allegiance to no-one and yet still be called a fellow in arms by near everyone, then Eredon Terrace might be the place you want to check out.

In either case, I wish you a good game.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

Why should you come to ET:

while we are a medium pop server, we are low pop in WvW and could use the helping hand. 99.9% of the time we don’t have queues... the exception being EB on reset night, and sometimes not even then.

we fight as a community... no mega guilds running the show, no one looked down on, ignored, or used as cannon fodder for being in a small guild... or even guildless. we are small, so we fight together. (there is always drama. this is human nature... but it is minimal)

we are dedicated... ET has been the underdogs on the bottom for so long only the most dedicated hardcore persevering WvWers are left, forged by the fires of adversity, and now slowly building our way back up.

and even when we don’t win, we still have fun

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

(edited by katz.8376)

in WvW

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Eredon Terrace, I need not to convince you as my special skill is Mind Control obviously.

Either way, If I do indeed mind control you and you still need convincing, Ungood and Katz above me has said it very well.

This is our recruiting thread – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Transfer-To-Eredon-Terrace/first#post

If you have any questions either pm me on the forums or in-game.

Voladeir Roost – ele
Error Occurred – Guardian (yayy for name)

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

(edited by roostapro.9827)

in WvW

katz.8376

oh i see how it is. no love for teh katz. i’ll just go cry in the corner nao :-P

in WvW

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

oh i see how it is. no love for teh katz. i’ll just go cry in the corner nao :-P

Fixed, you nina’d your post above mine so i didn’t see it.

Sorry , don’t cry

Ill buy you a quaggan

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in WvW

katz.8376

ooo., a quaggan! katz likes! cooooo

in WvW

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

Transfer during the night and almost any server is medium lol.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in WvW

kuora.5402

In NA, mentioned 3 servers are the only medium servers 24/7.

in WvW

Genev.2450

In NA, mentioned 3 servers are the only medium servers 24/7.

If you want consistent primetime medium only on the list, you should prob remove SFR and check all the servers listed again at primetime
Don’t know where you’re based, but EU mornings aren’t the best time to base things on, just as NA nights i guess :p

in WvW

Posted by: spanky.4630

spanky.4630

move to sfr t1 medium

Monkeyspanks – [IRON]

http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in WvW

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

you should transfer somewhere you won’t feel a need to transfer from.

find some people you enjoy playing with, that make you laugh & make you want to log in even when you don’t really feel like playing.

that’s a place to be, where ever that is for you. for me, it’s the henge. pm me if you’re interested & i’ll send you some info to come chill for a bit.

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

I haven’t read through the whole thread, but in NA there ARE NO MEDIUM servers. They are “high” at the least. Only EU has medium servers atm.
edit: nevermind that is no longer the case.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

I hope that some americans transfer over to EU now
Come join us in Ruins of Surmia we need you here! Every night player matters here.
1 Extra person is like a 20% increase in manpower!

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Svarty.8019

It seems that this the window of opportunity for T8 WvW players to move away to reasonable servers. I feel sorry for you guys, but what needs must be.

I wish all those on low pop servers a joyful Easter and a pleasant voyage to the server of their choosing.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: StarFighter.4209

StarFighter.4209

;o all pugs and guilds dont come SFR, very large queques and angry ppl all time =)