Cooldown for changing borderland

in WvW

Posted by: Ryudnard.2587

Ryudnard.2587

Players hopping from a map to map looking for outnumbered buffs are creating unhealthy environments for general WvW game-play. Once we join a borderland, we shouldn’t be able to hop into other BLs for at least 5 minutes. This seems reasonable.

in WvW

Posted by: Aisunokami.6430

Aisunokami.6430

And what happens to the players who are actually border hopping to defend an attacked keep/tower etc?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Who cares if people looking for more pips, i don’t.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Firellis.7954

Firellis.7954

this is all bad and no afterthought, it would cripple a top of the match server for balance but it will kill the lowest of the 3 servers in a matchup entirely

I’m gonna steal your heart.
-dragonbrand thief.

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I’m not sure why you didn’t instead suggest that the outnumbered pip bonus cannot be gained until you’ve been on the map for 5 minutes.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

This is a silly suggestion. Indeed, just make it so that if you swap borders you either simply loose the next tick or add a 2.5m cd (half a tick) on gaining pips after swapping borders (a 5m cd is totally redundant as its the same as saying no next tick, 2.5m is a compromise).

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

No. just no.

People need to get past the Pips and play the game.

Worry less about someone else getting something sooner, and just play.

If you are not paying attention to it, how does it impact you? These players don’t fill a map… they aren’t taking up necessary space…

Please let it go and play.

It is not worth a rise in blood pressure.

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Who cares? If they’re just here for outnumbered pip farming they probably wouldn’t be in WvW in the first place, so just let them do it? Not like they are taking up precious space in an outnumbered map…

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Only pip hunters see this as a problem.

As others have said, play the game for the fun of wvw and stop worrying about what others are getting.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Ryudnard.2587

Ryudnard.2587

Who cares? If they’re just here for outnumbered pip farming they probably wouldn’t be in WvW in the first place, so just let them do it? Not like they are taking up precious space in an outnumbered map…

Say there are 5 to 10 dedicated defenders working hard to turtle in a keep against the enemy zerg. They were getting outmanned buff which they deserve. All the sudden, the pip hunters hop in the map and goes afk. This is actually happening in many servers. I want to see the outmanned buff rewarding those who have been actively participating.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Say there are 5 to 10 dedicated defenders working hard to turtle in a keep against the enemy zerg. They were getting outmanned buff which they deserve. All the sudden, the pip hunters hop in the map and goes afk. This is actually happening in many servers. I want to see the outmanned buff rewarding those who have been actively participating.

Ahhh that clears up this whole topic then, thankyou.

Tl:DR: You feel entitled to a buff you aren’t actually entitled to.

Its funny how anet is the voice of reason here. THEY know you shouldn’t be playing for pips, and that the pips are just an extra reward with long-term incentives. That’s why they capped them per week, that’s why they made it take 16 weeks ‘just’ for the backpack. Pips are just extra reward/currency to be spent on tactics/wvswsupplies! You shouldn’t be playing just to help cover the costs of the playtime you played…lol. That’s why the higher ranked players make more pips, the commanders make more pips, and the dedicated server players make more pips, and the winners of each skirmish make more pips.
The outnumbered pip bonus is just meant to boost morale and normalize rewards in normally hopeless situations, and keep activity on all the maps so they don’t stagnate. You aren’t entitled to it…..

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Would they have done the same thing if pips never existed? How do you even maintain pips participation by afking? If they are not afking, how are they different to anyone playing on the map? Can I sit in tower, flip sentry, sit back in tower, rinse, repeat and call myself a dedicated defender (and totally not here for the pips)? If they would do the same thing even without the pip system, why would they be different to any other players contributing in their own way doing other thing they enjoy, and why they deserve the extra pips?

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

So basically your suggestion is to favor gigantic stacked servers even more by punishing people who are trying to defend from huge zergs on multiple BLs at one time?

Yes… that makes perfect sense. Why don’t we just merge everything into three big servers who fight each other all of the time and be done with it. Oh right, something like that already exists.

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Players hopping from a map to map looking for outnumbered buffs are creating unhealthy environments for general WvW game-play. Once we join a borderland, we shouldn’t be able to hop into other BLs for at least 5 minutes. This seems reasonable.

Isn’t it a good thing people leave maps in the first place where they are not afking and clogging queues for actual game play?

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

OP isn’t fully thinking this out. If you create the cool down, your day squad responding to call outs will be impacted.

L’enfer, c’est les autres