Couple of questions

Couple of questions

in WvW

Posted by: Dennis.6952

Dennis.6952

Being a PvE player since game launched, started to sample WvW. Fun.

Here’s the questions:

the armors you can buy in WvW, can they be worn in PvE or are they only usable when in WvW?

Is there an area in WvW where you can test your build (with different weapons sets and armors without having to purchase them) against NPC’s that will give you damage results and feedback?

I’ve seen videos of guys attacking static robots and other targets to test builds and weapon set, rather than going up against other real players.

Thanks for any answers.

Couple of questions

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Yep you can use wvw armor in pve. And about the damage testing id say run into a camp and solo it. There are not really test dummies around to test it on.

Edit: Be careful with wvw gears and runes and sigils. Can not salvage to get them back sadly.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Couple of questions

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

You can use the "WvW armors and weapons" in PVE, just be warned that you can’t salvage them, so any runes/sigils you put on them will be stuck, you won’t be able to salvage them off.

Nope, there is no testing rounds like in PVP, many uses the PVP area for that, but it is still stuck with the pvp amulet etc. The test dummies etc are in PVP (unless my brain is glitching something fierce).

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Couple of questions

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

I’ve seen videos of guys attacking static robots and other targets to test builds and weapon set, rather than going up against other real players.

Thanks for any answers.

If you go to pvp(Heart of the mists) you can find those training dummy npcs and try out armour+weapons on them for free. You can also try out those builds in pvp for free before you buy them for real. You need to own the armour to use it in wvw.

Underworld – [ZERK]

Couple of questions

in WvW

Posted by: Dennis.6952

Dennis.6952

Excellent guys, Thanks. Yeah , I had read something about the runes and such not being salvageable off the WvW stuff, but the WvW armor is so much cheaper then the Vendor exotics, almost makes no difference.

I spent a lot of running around trying to get a Rabid set in game at the temple vendors, still had to buy two pieces w/ gold from the regular vendor to complete a set. Saw full sets in the WvW vendors and thought how much easier it would have been.

I assume you can still overlay runes on WvW without a penalty should you desire a change.

I’ll pop into the PvP area and do some testing. .

Couple of questions

in WvW

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

WvW armor is the same as temple armor, can’t be salvaged but you can change runes and skin as much as you want. Just make a judgement call, if you purchase expensive runes such as strength or hoelbrak you might want to think about buying crafted armor so you can salvage it later on. If you plan to use cheap runes like undead or balth for some cancerous condi build, go ahead and buy the rabid pieces from WvW vendors.

Jade Quarry since Beta