Create Level 80 and Uplevel instances of EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Wizzey.7845

Wizzey.7845

We all know EotM is just a fancy Karma and/or Level train and that it has the potential to be much better than this. My suggestion to start moving away from this is by making maps that separate uplevels from level 80s. We all know that uplevels are pretty much useless when compared to level 80s due to lack of skills, lack of traits, lack of gear, and a lack of build focus. The reason they are on the same map is because of anyone should be able to join regular WvW no matter what level they are (although it is frowned upon to be on an uplevel when you have an alternative.) This restriction shouldn’t really apply to EotM since there are so many different instances of the same map. If we throw all the uplevels on one map and 80s on the other we can at least level the playing field between individuals somewhat. This may not prevent the training (although I guess you could call the uplevel maps level trains while the 80s maps are classic Ktrains) but it would at least be a step in the right direction of playing EotM the way it was meant to be played (ie not a PvE train.)

in WvW

Posted by: Gwenryth.9450

Gwenryth.9450

So then we wouldn’t longer be allowed to make our EotM-Guild-Raid with mixed levels? No thank you. It’s a lot of fun if everyone can take the toon he/she want’s, and I think we don’t like to split up to different maps.
I would prefer a EotM-PvE-tendig (Karmatrain) and EotM-CvC-tending (color-vs-color) map separation or commander badge color seperation (blue as usual, pink for karma train commanders). Really don’t like it that commanders get flamed because they fight the other zerg. If someone don’t want to fight he still can go to Queensdale… or switch to another EotM map with PvE commander.

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

While I don’t do karma trains to level alts, I am completely against this. Good luck getting a zerg of up levels to take on level 80 mobs. How often is EotM ran between seasons? How many people actually run in the trains between seasons?

in WvW

Wizzey.7845

So then we wouldn’t longer be allowed to make our EotM-Guild-Raid with mixed levels? No thank you. It’s a lot of fun if everyone can take the toon he/she want’s, and I think we don’t like to split up to different maps.
I would prefer a EotM-PvE-tendig (Karmatrain) and EotM-CvC-tending (color-vs-color) map separation or commander badge color seperation (blue as usual, pink for karma train commanders). Really don’t like it that commanders get flamed because they fight the other zerg. If someone don’t want to fight he still can go to Queensdale… or switch to another EotM map with PvE commander.

If you do run mixed level groups in EotM, then surely your uplevels are not contributing as much as your level 80s. There’s a reason why commanders don’t like having uplevels following them in normal WvW, and that is that they are a liability and/or rallybot. Every time I’ve done EotM with a group, we either all agree to ktrain on uplevels and a few people without alts stick to 80s or we agree to all bring 80s and fight(farm) players.
EotM should not be a PvE karma train and there should be no PvE trending instance for it, there are enough maps to do that on as it is. It is a WvW style map and so players fighting other players should be what is emphasized.

in WvW

Wizzey.7845

While I don’t do karma trains to level alts, I am completely against this. Good luck getting a zerg of up levels to take on level 80 mobs. How often is EotM ran between seasons? How many people actually run in the trains between seasons?

If level 80 mobs murdering uplevels is such a problem, they can just scale down the difficulty of them on the uplevel map. The point of separating instances is to level the playing field for players that want to fight other players, it’s a WvW map, not a PvE map.

I’m sure there will at least be enough uplevels to fill atn least an instance of one map and enough 80s to fill at least an instance of another between seasons and that is all that is needed.

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

lol….

Add one more topic about WvW elitism to the forum. What what………..? WvW is the zerg. Player level or skill level has next to nothing to do with it.

WvW players as elite players is an oxymoron at best. Keep trying though! It’s funny to watch you try.

in WvW

Wizzey.7845

lol….

Add one more topic about WvW elitism to the forum. What what………..? WvW is the zerg. Player level or skill level has next to nothing to do with it.

WvW players as elite players is an oxymoron at best. Keep trying though! It’s funny to watch you try.

where exactly did I mention anything about player skill. Uplevels are strictly worse at fighting than level 80s, why not have them fight each other instead of players they have a disadvantage against. The problem is that currently, the majority of players are treating EotM as a PvE map and actively avoiding conflict with other players This stems from people on uplevels not wanting to fight against 80s because it is an unfair fight.

(edited by Wizzey.7845)