Cross Server WvW Questions

in WvW

Posted by: Richard Rahl.5238

Richard Rahl.5238

Hello! My name is Richard Tavadon and I am here to ask a couple of questions.

I know that cross server pairings will appear this Friday and that according to the reddit AmA you do not expect high volatility between servers, however, what is your plan to help guilds that wish to recruit off of their new co-server?

Will we be told if and when our server match is about to be severed?

Do you think that cross server raid guilds should be a thing or do you believe we should stick with recruiting from our home server for expecting stable guild members that wont be paired away or even against us the next week?

Do you expect server communities to merge with this pack i.e. join each others team speaks and websites or do you believe we should stay separate from each other due to the fact that the union is not permanent?

Is there a possibility that you will make server joining permanent?

Sea of Sorrows [TL] Colead [SF] Officer

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

each server will continu is own life.
The link will probably be temporary.
Then if you want to think of the future you have to stick to your own server.

in WvW

Posted by: omica.6548

omica.6548

A real concern of mine with this idea of parings, will they be permeate or change regularly. Our server funds our TeamSpeak for WvW. To prevent spies only members of our server are allowed in TeamSpeak. We can integrate the new server pairing, but if it changes constantly then there will be problems. Reset night would be come a mess, necessitating locking out the paired server from TeamSpeak. Maybe someone has a solution for this, but other than making the pairing a one time thing not sure how to solve the problem.

GOTL – DragonBrand
Ranger, Thief and Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

There’s been discussion on other threads about TS verification. If you are using the API key, world pairing information will be available: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/api/WvW-World-Linking/

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Kilo.2539

Kilo.2539

A real concern of mine with this idea of parings, will they be permeate or change regularly. Our server funds our TeamSpeak for WvW. To prevent spies only members of our server are allowed in TeamSpeak. We can integrate the new server pairing, but if it changes constantly then there will be problems. Reset night would be come a mess, necessitating locking out the paired server from TeamSpeak. Maybe someone has a solution for this, but other than making the pairing a one time thing not sure how to solve the problem.

Good luck with that.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

each server will continu is own life.
The link will probably be temporary.
Then if you want to think of the future you have to stick to your own server.

Which means that this change will lead to an exodus towards unpaired servers because paired servers have no future – they will be broken apart soon enough.

I keep telling people that this is just a clever ruse by Anet to effectivly reduce the server count and lay the blaim on players but I dont think anyone believe me