Current scores on North American servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Stice.5204

Stice.5204

There are 24 North American servers arranged into 8 WvW matchups. Since free server transfers are still in effect, I just hopped around to note the current score in each matchup. There’s a lot of arguing right now about just how many players are being victimized by “night capping” or other balance related issues in their WvW matchups, so I thought I’d go get some data.

Fort Aspenwood: 241k
Sanctum of Rall: 85k
Sorrow’s Furnace: 84k

Henge of Denravi: 171k
Stormbluff Isle: 127k
Jade Quarry: 109k

Northern Shiverpeaks: 340k
Devona’s Rest: 49k
Kaineng: 27k

Dragonbrand: 229k
Maguuma: 92k
Tarnished Coast: 87k

Ehmry Bay: 341k
Ferguson’s Crossing: 41k
Borlis Pass: 40k

Yak’s Bend: 285k
Darkhaven: 66k
Anvil Rock: 60k

Eradon Terrace: 298k
Isle of Janthir: 62k
Sea of Sorrows: 52k

Crystal Desert: 217k
Blackgate: 111k
Gate of Madness: 82k

There is only 1 matchup in North America right now where the leading server is winning by less than 100,000 points.

However, only 11 of 24 servers have even managed to score more than 100,000 points total so far this week.

This basically means that 7 of the 8 matchups are heavily skewed and obviously have not been competitive for days, if they ever were from the beginning. Just over half of the servers are being soundly thrashed in their matchups.

This would seem to indicate that Arenanet’s use of 24-hour matches during the launch period to establish data points really didn’t work. The strongest servers (or at least those able to field large numbers of players in WvW around the clock) are clearly not facing off against each other in most cases, but are instead just pounding on weaker opponents. This is, unfortunately, giving many players on many servers a poor impression of WvW.

Hopefully this first weeklong match is enough to give Arenanet a clearer picture of what the rankings should be and next week actually sees more competition. I think if we see another week where more than half the servers are getting utterly crushed it could have a serious negative effect on long-term WvW participation.

I don’t particularly care if I’m on a weak server or a strong one, but a matchup that ends with one side soundly beating the combined scores of the other two really isn’t very satisfying at all.

Guardian, Engineer
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast – BP

in WvW

Posted by: Tzash.5748

Tzash.5748

So the real test will be next week’s matchups.

Why people are running around predicting the end of the world after only one 7 day round is beyond me. Take the loss on the chin and hope for a better match next week.

in WvW

Stice.5204

Why people are running around predicting the end of the world after only one 7 day round is beyond me.

Because first impressions matter more than anything else. More than half the North American playerbases’ first impression of longer WvW matches has been watching all their efforts go to waste on a badly mismatched fight.

This could lead to a lot of people being permanently turned off of the feature or transferring to the winning servers and perpetuating the problem.

After I was done taking my number sample, I transferred back to my server that’s currently losing by 150,000 points. I didn’t have to. Many people won’t.

Guardian, Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: triscuit.1238

triscuit.1238

I like 24 hour matches a lot more than this. I would be happy if they move them to 48 or 72 hours to. For a large portion of the week, or 2 weeks servers are just going to sit at spawn.

I transferred from ET to SoS and both sides of that equation are boring.

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

Agreed, people are way too desperate… the WvW have not even reached its first month.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Tzash.5748

Why people are running around predicting the end of the world after only one 7 day round is beyond me.

Because first impressions matter more than anything else. More than half the North American playerbases’ first impression of longer WvW matches has been watching all their efforts go to waste on a badly mismatched fight.

This could lead to a lot of people being permanently turned off of the feature or transferring to the winning servers and perpetuating the problem.

After I was done taking my number sample, I transferred back to my server that’s currently losing by 150,000 points. I didn’t have to. Many people won’t.

Have people never played team sports (or any sports)? You will never win them all. One loss isn’t the end of the world. One team beating you doesn’t mean your season has ended. You also don’t have to be number one to enjoy yourself.

in WvW

Posted by: Carsormyr.3950

Carsormyr.3950

I’m from Crystal Desert, just to clarify something with our current match up. When we were initially matched with Blackgate and Gate of Madness it was very competitive. Basically each server had capped their own map with Eternal being split evenly.

Then something weird happened. We started pushing in and very slowly gaining ground on them. Then it seemed once we capped a few towers and camps that a bunch of people just stopped coming into WvW. There was just less opposition in general and over the last day or so they’ve been completely contained to their spawn. Which would only serve to discourage anyone from joining WvW at this point.

Which sucks, because when we started it was an evenly matched fight and was fun to play.

in WvW

Posted by: Senti.5372

Senti.5372

“This would seem to indicate that Arenanet’s use of 24-hour matches during the launch period to establish data points really didn’t work.”

It would seem so but it does not. But it does reflect human nature. People quit when they feel they can’t win.

The real fight in WvW will be the weekend after reset, after which the winner can enjoy the fruits for the win and losers can make excuses.

Also, I’m not so sure people will be able to handle 2 weeks of nonstop competition. After a weekend of skipping sleep and nonstop fighting, people need time to recharge.

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

Part of the problem is probably the free transfers.

The 24-hour matches were to balance the servers, but you can’t balance them while the populations are rapidly shifting. Servers that were competitive are now losing because some big guilds moved away (because they weren’t winning enough or because the queues were too long). Some servers that had no night presence now have some or even a lot.

Player balance has been shifting so server balance will naturally be up in the air.

I do wonder if Arenanet should just stop announcing when server resets will be. Make it random. “Resets will occur anywhere between 3 days and 2 years.” People should have no idea when it’s going to next reset. Behind the scenes, Arenanet can be keeping an eye on all the matches, aiming to reset when at least one server pairing is obviously way off but if they all look fairly good, they may simply let it run for a month or two or even longer.

Players won’t be so keen to say “Oh well, let’s wait for the next one” if they don’t know when that will be.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

Have people never played team sports (or any sports)? You will never win them all. One loss isn’t the end of the world. One team beating you doesn’t mean your season has ended. You also don’t have to be number one to enjoy yourself.

Actually I don’t think so – or if they have – only the form that awards everybody with a ribbon and no score is calculated.

in WvW

Tzash.5748

Actually I don’t think so – or if they have – only the form that awards everybody with a ribbon and no score is calculated.

Ahh! So then its the same generation that want free epics in MMOs without any effort? I believe they are called the instant gratification generation.

in WvW

Posted by: Firefly.4165

Firefly.4165

Have you stopped to consider if the said losing servers are co operating at all? It’s extremely tough when you have two servers against you. The data shows that the non leading servers have not extended their communication abilities to take down the leading server.

This can be done at any time… yet they are in it for themselves. It’s very disappointing. This game is about the community. Rally up people. Work together and take down the leader.

Keep an eye out on IoJ and SoS. The co operation has started.. and change is in the air. This solution is so obvious. Yet people insist to shut there ears and cry foul at Anet.

(edited by Firefly.4165)

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Coming from a fort aspenwood player here. And uh, we’re average. Literally rank 12 bang smack dab in the middle of the chart.

And honestly im very worried about next week.
Because based on the rankings I think it’s going to lump us against crystal desert. Who kicked ourkitten previous bracket (which is why we’re actually against SF and Rall who were below us (while they were next to us on the bracket, our previous matches had been vs maguuma, dragonbrand, crystal desert, Gates of madness, ETC)

My concern is that we’re honestly losing during the day time to these servers, and we’re most likely about to be sent against someone who will probably beat us during the day and night, sending us back down into lower brackets again. Essentially I think FA is about to be doing some ping-ponging, and I dont think our server population is going to survive it.

Also this is really just a side note. But for all you Rall players out there, why is everyone on your server such a … young feline… I cant count how many SF players ive met and spoken to (some transfer to spy, and then we chat) who were cool as all heck. But literally every rall player I meet is just a massive jerkface. (for those who’ve never faced them, imagine eredon terrace, but remove anyone cool youve met from there, and then make their server population worse by about 10 degrees, and youll have rall players)

in WvW

Stice.5204

Have you stopped to consider if the said losing servers are co operating at all? It’s extremely tough when you have two servers against you.

7 of the 8 matchups currently have the leader with more points than their two opponents combined, so it would seem that they are quite successfully beating down two servers simultaneously.

I can say that on my matchup, where the leader is currently more than 150,000 points ahead of the other two servers, they basically steamroll all 4 WvW maps every night starting at about 2:00 AM EST. They have such a population advantage that it is nearly impossible to defend anything against them for the next 6 to 10 hours. We practically have an alliance with the other losing server in our matchup because it’s not like we can fight against each other – we have nothing to take.

Guardian, Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: nidwin.6731

nidwin.6731

Have you stopped to consider if the said losing servers are co operating at all? It’s extremely tough when you have two servers against you. The data shows that the non leading servers have not extended their communication abilities to take down the leading server.

This can be done at any time… yet they are in it for themselves. It’s very disappointing. This game is about the community. Rally up people. Work together and take down the leader.

Keep an eye out on IoJ and SoS. The co operation has started.. and change is in the air. This solution is so obvious. Yet people insist to shut there ears and cry foul at Anet.

You don’t have to communicate with the other losing server but use your brain. I know, it’s difficult to push buttons, keep your finger on F and think, but you should try at least.

Free help from the Nid.
When you’re the blue peeps (if you don’t know which color you are, ask in chat)
And the nasty, dominating server are the red peeps (if you don’t know which color the nasties are, ask in chat)
You DO NOT touch whatever is in green (if you don’t know how green looks like type “color green” in google pictures)
You focus on taking whatever is in red.

If you are color blind you just follow someone that knows what you should take and what you should not take.

To check where the red stuff is located that you should take → press m on your keyboard.

in WvW

Firefly.4165

Nid’s solution is the simplest form of co operation. Get to it people.. chop chop! Heck use server transfers to get the message out to the other server if Nid’s solution doesn’t work. It’s free and wont take you more than 5 mins.

in WvW

Firefly.4165

Have you stopped to consider if the said losing servers are co operating at all? It’s extremely tough when you have two servers against you.

7 of the 8 matchups currently have the leader with more points than their two opponents combined, so it would seem that they are quite successfully beating down two servers simultaneously.

I can say that on my matchup, where the leader is currently more than 150,000 points ahead of the other two servers, they basically steamroll all 4 WvW maps every night starting at about 2:00 AM EST. They have such a population advantage that it is nearly impossible to defend anything against them for the next 6 to 10 hours. We practically have an alliance with the other losing server in our matchup because it’s not like we can fight against each other – we have nothing to take.

Not really. The scores do not show what would happen if the leader is being sabotaged by two co operating servers. It only shows how long they have NOT been co operating.

in WvW

Posted by: Buff Jesus.4263

Buff Jesus.4263

Crystal Desert: 217k
Blackgate: 111k
Gate of Madness: 82k

blackgate was ahead for 80% of the time so far
then one night out of nowhere CD took the ENTIRE world and gained the 100k point lead in pretty much no time at all

but one BIG problem that BG and GoM have is both have the outmanned buff from 7am – 3pm eastern (that time sound familiar???), while CD have full queues whole day round

BG owns about 65-70% of the map during the day and usually has a 100 point per tally lead from mid day – midnight eastern, then all the kids go to sleep and the map gets rolled by CD every time

(edited by Buff Jesus.4263)

in WvW

Posted by: wollie.9751

wollie.9751

Coming from a fort aspenwood player here. And uh, we’re average. Literally rank 12 bang smack dab in the middle of the chart.

And honestly im very worried about next week.
Because based on the rankings I think it’s going to lump us against crystal desert. Who kicked ourkitten previous bracket (which is why we’re actually against SF and Rall who were below us (while they were next to us on the bracket, our previous matches had been vs maguuma, dragonbrand, crystal desert, Gates of madness, ETC)

My concern is that we’re honestly losing during the day time to these servers, and we’re most likely about to be sent against someone who will probably beat us during the day and night, sending us back down into lower brackets again. Essentially I think FA is about to be doing some ping-ponging, and I dont think our server population is going to survive it.

Also this is really just a side note. But for all you Rall players out there, why is everyone on your server such a … young feline… I cant count how many SF players ive met and spoken to (some transfer to spy, and then we chat) who were cool as all heck. But literally every rall player I meet is just a massive jerkface. (for those who’ve never faced them, imagine eredon terrace, but remove anyone cool youve met from there, and then make their server population worse by about 10 degrees, and youll have rall players)

I’m a Rall player, and I have no idea what your talking about. Please don’t let the actions of a few paint our whole server in a bad light.

Even though we’ve been losing WvW has still remained fun. I can’t wait to duke it out some more!

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I am on one of the servers not breaking 100k, and the match-up being dominated by a night time zerg server.

Is this ANet’s fault? Nope, it is not. Are there issues, sure its the first week, but overall this is a people issue not a system issue, imo.

My server, Sorrow’s Furnace, lacks any form of organized or structured WvW leadership. What we have is a few hardy souls occasionally trying to give direction. Some of those folks are looking for quick karma/xp/gold and could care less about bigger picture, others are just stupid/ignorant, and a few are worth listening too. This is not an anet problem, its our problem.

WvWvW is designed to be three way for a reason. Of all the blowouts mentioned above I am of the opinion that had many of those lesser servers had any sense at all they would have teamed up and forced the match into being competitive. Sometimes it wouldn’t matter, but I know for my server it would have. This is not an anet problem, they have the system in place, this is entirely our problem as players. Sanctum of Rall and Sorrow’s Furnace deserve to be camped in their base, because they spend all their time destroying each other while green builds defenses. All I see are excuses as why we shouldn’t work together, folks somehow thinking it is a 100% truce. Reality is that there are stupid people everywhere and a truce wont work, it is about protecting your territory, but not expanding into the other. Fight one front, not two. If you do this often enough, the other server will catch on and do the same. Choice is our’s. Have a competitive fun week, or be camped and fight for #2 and #3 all week.

Some servers are made of up large alliances/zergs that organized before the game was released, and then were followed by all the groupies looking for that free ride. This will throw off the start of the game if they are facing servers without that level of pre-organization. 24 matches dont create leadership, week long matches do and over time we will see other servers catchup as far as leadership and organization. This again is a player problem, not an anet problem.

My server population doesn’t like losing so they have stopped showing up except for prime time. At any given point I can join up with a friend or two and destroy backfields, disrupt supply and otherwise have a great time in PvP regardless of the score. This is not an anet problem, sorry but there is always going to be blow outs, learn to have fun in other ways.

Folk’s need to realize that as the rankings stabilize who you fight is going to be very similar week to week. Right now its a mess because 24 hour runs were treated differently, specially when so many folks were just focused on leveling so the first round of match-ups are a mess. No big deal, I will worry when the match-ups are this off every week.

Area’s I do think Anet needs to look at is server population disparity between prime and off prime hours and how it impacts point scores and morning positioning. I think they need to give some thought to how free transfers are impacting server and WvW health. The orb system and outmanned buffs are clearly backwards or need refining.

Otherwise I think the game has a lot of promise and folks panicking over the first week is pointless. Things need some time to be worked out, because it is largely up to the players.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I don’t understand the hate against Rall players either. I’ve had a blast this week going up against the endless horde of Fort Aspenwood. I’m sure there are a few unsavoury types on the server but doesn’t every server have a few?

Congratulations on a stellar victory this week Fort Aspenwoord. I’m guessing you will win by 300k by the time Friday comes around. Good Fight.

in WvW

Zenyatoo.4059

I’m a Rall player, and I have no idea what your talking about. Please don’t let the actions of a few paint our whole server in a bad light.

Even though we’ve been losing WvW has still remained fun. I can’t wait to duke it out some more!

I dunno man! I have met, at least 100 rall players, and not a single one was cool. This happens at all times of the day. I havent met a single cool rall player yet :<
My friend, who played WvWvW for 12 hours one day had this to say on the matter “I find it funny how the server named in memorial of that one guy who died has the highest concentration of kitten ive seen so far”

EDIT

I don’t understand the hate against Rall players either. I’ve had a blast this week going up against the endless horde of Fort Aspenwood. I’m sure there are a few unsavoury types on the server but doesn’t every server have a few?

Congratulations on a stellar victory this week Fort Aspenwoord. I’m guessing you will win by 300k by the time Friday comes around. Good Fight.

I mean, to try and explain it. Rall players just seem… exceptionally devoted to the cause of attacking other players. Even when winning is literately not possible for them. I’ve had rall players jump off a cliff, smack into the ground next to me with 25% hp, then their first thought is to attack me, even though im running away from their current direction. I obviously just turn around and 2 shot them because they’re at 25%. But still. This has happened more times that it really should… There’s also numerous packs of rall players groups of 3-5 who will pursue me literally across the entire map, to the point where ive led them into my teams nearest zerg because they’re just so singleminded for the kill. I’ve never seen a rall player not attack someone if they can. If the option is available to them they take it. The second a rall player has seen you he’ll drop what he’s doing (assuming its not fighting another human) and come after you, without even evaluating the situation in the slightest.

Normally it would just be ruthlessness, but the sheer abandon with which they do it comes off as kitteny rather than ruthless.

also meh. as part of the night crew im really not happy about the win. The best fighting is around midnight to 2 am EST. When our good players get on before the SF and Rall ones go to sleep. 2am-6am EST is just a stompfest. We have around double your players on every borderland and just run through your towers. I imagine day time would be more fun but I dont always get to play then ;__;

(edited by Zenyatoo.4059)

in WvW

Niim.9260

I think it is all a matter of perspective, because my opinion of zergwood folks is less then any other server we have matched up against yet. Rall on the other hand has a lot of old DAoC folks that have been around for ages, great folks and over time their organization will improve and so will their performance.

There are bad eggs on every server, your perception (and mine) of a server is largely about how often you run into the bad eggs, not the good ones.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Niim.9260

also meh. as part of the night crew im really not happy about the win. The best fighting is around midnight to 2 am EST. When our good players get on before the SF and Rall ones go to sleep. 2am-6am EST is just a stompfest. We have around double your players on every borderland and just run through your towers. I imagine day time would be more fun but I dont always get to play then ;__;

Day time is very similar to night time, I would say you keep that number advantage until 2-3pm EST, though part of the numbers advantage is the 1000 siege engines built in the night while you were all bored. We (sorrow’s furnace) didnt have que’s last night till at least 8-9 pm EST depending on the map and WvW isnt really good till 5pm EST, imo.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Zenyatoo.4059

I think it is all a matter of perspective, because my opinion of zergwood folks is less then any other server we have matched up against yet. Rall on the other hand has a lot of old DAoC folks that have been around for ages, great folks and over time their organization will improve and so will their performance.

There are bad eggs on every server, your perception (and mine) of a server is largely about how often you run into the bad eggs, not the good ones.

I mean, is there anything specific that FA does that makes them seem bad to you? or is it just the zerging that they do? Because that happens on every server ranked above us too. :<
Is it because we cap everything during the night? We cant exactly help it. For a lot of us its the only time we get to play

Like, I can count on 1 hand the amount of SF players ive seen with the same jerk playstyle that I see in literally every rall player. Meanwhile I routinely run into awesome SF people. Earlier 2 rall dudes were straight camping one area, and I was fighting them, an SF person comes up and helps me kill both rall players then we go our own separate ways without fighting each other. This is a fairly common occurrence between FA and SF players. At one point there was an entire guild of about 20 SF players doing obby sanctum, there were 3 FA players with me, not a single person there attacked one another. They actually went out of their way not to use the torch skills in dark room because it causes inadvertent combat mode. This has never happened to me or anyone I know when it comes to rall players.

in WvW

Posted by: forever.6908

forever.6908

Yes, I believe free server transfer completely defeated WvW ranking and match making system. Interestingly only the top 3 server match up (HoD vs SBI vs JQ) is somewhat competitive. The reason for this I think is because there are more competitive players in these servers and they would not give up easily. Less competitive players would just transfer to a winning world or just stop playing WvW until their world is winning. Thus most of the matches are so lopsided.

in WvW

Posted by: Yshyr.8709

Yshyr.8709

That is funny. I like the fact that SoR players are always willing to attack. For the first few days when matches were not being reset we got stuck with Crystal Desert and Isle of Janthir. Despite being outmanned and outmatched we never gave up and kept on fighting when and where we could. Sure it would be nice if our players gave a bit more thought to tactics but that will come with time. Right now everyone is just getting to know the other players and learning the ins and outs of wvw. If we can get some good late night crews and daytime crews to go along with our primetime then I think we will be very competitive.

in WvW

Zenyatoo.4059

That is funny. I like the fact that SoR players are always willing to attack. For the first few days when matches were not being reset we got stuck with Crystal Desert and Isle of Janthir. Despite being outmanned and outmatched we never gave up and kept on fighting when and where we could. Sure it would be nice if our players gave a bit more thought to tactics but that will come with time. Right now everyone is just getting to know the other players and learning the ins and outs of wvw. If we can get some good late night crews and daytime crews to go along with our primetime then I think we will be very competitive.

eh janthir and desert. We got sent right against jade quarry in the opening bout.
Then we rocketed down to facing kaineng
then bonged back up into a crystal desert and gates of madness double team.
we’ve fought crystal desert 3 times now actually <.<
FA just flip flops so constantly. Such is life at the 50% mark I guess.

in WvW

Posted by: Morthis.3968

Morthis.3968

It’s not so much about winning or losing, it’s about these score differences that basically made the score system pointless. Many of these matchups had their outcome determined by the end of the first day, and yet the match lasts a whole week. What’s the point of dragging it out for a week, when the round is already decided 1 day in? What will be the point of making it two weeks, if the round is decided day 1?

Right now, I’m on a winning side, but I remember being on the losing side of this plenty, watching one side cap literally everything overnight (right now we seem to be the ones doing it, I have no clue how considering how many times we were wiped off the map by night caps during the 24 hour rounds). The competition is gone, the excitement of trying to win is gone, you’re just fighting players at this point. The objectives? Eh take them because they’re objectives.

That’s not necessarily a bad thing, WvW is fun for it’s own sake, but they specifically added this point system to create a bigger sense of competition, of trying to beat the other worlds, and a means of measuring that. Sadly, the point system so far has completely failed to live up to that.

in WvW

Posted by: Pend.9783

Pend.9783

Why even bother responding? Badmouthing an entire server says more about that person than it does about the server.

in WvW

Posted by: Breytes.6901

Breytes.6901

Last night my server, Maguuma, was working to take back our borderlands. All week this is what we have been dealing with. How can one server own ALL the maps in WvWvW?

Attachments:

Breytes Rondoure 80 Guardian of the Blood Legion

in WvW

Posted by: Lappdancer.4857

Lappdancer.4857

I’m starting to think that this is just going to be the nature of WvW scores. There just doesn’t seem to be enough balancing effects and I think the difference between even similarly ranked servers is large.

in WvW

Posted by: Rishara.1684

Rishara.1684

Their idea that with free transfers people will go to less populated servers to give a more competitive environment just flies in the face of the gamer mindsets now. What is happening with the free transfers is that everyone just jumps to the winning server. Gee, why do you think HoD has such a high population compared to everyone else? Even though we’re staying somewhat competitive, you can even see it on SBI. We have had no queues the last few days during primetime. I guess people got sick of the 50 man HoD zergs and just gave up. Also, we don’t have the night-time presence that HoD has, so whatever our daytime crew wins back is swiftly lost to the HoD insane population over night.

I’m not sure why they just can’t evenly limit the populations. Let people in 1-2 at a time per world to keep the maps balanced. Yeah, it’d suck if you’re on the server with 8 million people and have to queue even longer, but then maybe it would encouarge you to transfer to a lower pop server. The ‘outmanned’ buff just isn’t cutting it.

I also stress that they need to let you retain your guild stuff if you transfer. Losing it and having to start over after a transfer really really sucks. People with lots of guild upgrades aren’t going to transfer, and it’s likely some of those bigger guilds who you would want to do it.

in WvW

Posted by: wollie.9751

wollie.9751

I dunno man! I have met, at least 100 rall players, and not a single one was cool. This happens at all times of the day. I havent met a single cool rall player yet :<
My friend, who played WvWvW for 12 hours one day had this to say on the matter “I find it funny how the server named in memorial of that one guy who died has the highest concentration of kitten ive seen so far”

EDIT

I mean, to try and explain it. Rall players just seem… exceptionally devoted to the cause of attacking other players. Even when winning is literately not possible for them. I’ve had rall players jump off a cliff, smack into the ground next to me with 25% hp, then their first thought is to attack me, even though im running away from their current direction. I obviously just turn around and 2 shot them because they’re at 25%. But still. This has happened more times that it really should… There’s also numerous packs of rall players groups of 3-5 who will pursue me literally across the entire map, to the point where ive led them into my teams nearest zerg because they’re just so singleminded for the kill. I’ve never seen a rall player not attack someone if they can. If the option is available to them they take it. The second a rall player has seen you he’ll drop what he’s doing (assuming its not fighting another human) and come after you, without even evaluating the situation in the slightest.

Normally it would just be ruthlessness, but the sheer abandon with which they do it comes off as kitteny rather than ruthless.

So you think we are jerks because some people on the server try and kill people in massive PvP? I’ve also had the experience of running from like 8 FA folks and them hunting me down (for like a 15 minute chase) and mercilessly slaughtering me. I thought it was all in good fun, not some plot to make my life miserable.

I think you would find plenty of friendly Rallites are just having fun. Please don’t generalize our whole server.

in WvW

Zenyatoo.4059

So you think we are jerks because some people on the server try and kill people in massive PvP? I’ve also had the experience of running from like 8 FA folks and them hunting me down (for like a 15 minute chase) and mercilessly slaughtering me. I thought it was all in good fun, not some plot to make my life miserable.

I think you would find plenty of friendly Rallites are just having fun. Please don’t generalize our whole server.

Its not that some people try and kill people during the pvp. It’s that literally every rall player does it to an extent that’s well beyond anything ive seen in any other team with the exception of perhaps dragonbrand. And even then I met a few of them who werent like that.

I find it interesting that lots of people have told me to stop generalizing. But the fact is, during my playtime I probably meet just about every rall player who is online in WvWvW at the time (I see about 30 of them per borderlands and EBG, and I hit up all 3 during my playtime) if im generalizing anything, it’s because I do get to see the entire rall lineup at my specific playtime, and they all act the exact same way.

Like ive said, perhaps day is different. But at night literally every rall (and I do mean literally. Like I do keep saying I have yet to meet a single rall person who deviates from this) acts in the manners ive described.

Im fully aware that it’s not some Rall plot to ruin my life, and I know that the rall players are most likely having fun. I was just curious if there was some overarching reason that all the rall players I meet seem to act the way they do (which is vastly different than all the servers ive faced with the exception of dragonbrand) or if it was just random coincidence.

I’m also kind of confused why people believe im badmouthing the rall server. Last I checked if your enemies in war think you are jerks then you’re probably doing something right… <.<

in WvW

Posted by: Flying Dutchman.3214

Flying Dutchman.3214

Sounds about right obviously. Even in games that are entirly PVP based. (Thinking dota and LoL here) Most matches end up in one side crushing the other. I’d say 1 outta 8 close games is about how it ends up.

PvP Officer of You Are A Pirate [YAAR] (Yak’s Bend)
“Let our swords stay sharp until the Jolly Roger flies over all our enemies keeps!”

in WvW

Posted by: Spartyr.6795

Spartyr.6795

I think it’s pretty obvious that SoR must have chased and killed Zenyatoo numerous times, and now he’s nerd raging on a forum about the whole server. Run faster I guess.

Spartyr – Norn Thief
[GSCH] Gaiscioch Gaming Community

in WvW

Posted by: whiran.1473

whiran.1473

I think the week long match-up may be at play here. After the initial fight, interest wanes and one side begins to dominate the others. As time progresses and one side continues to dominate the score less players on the ‘losing’ servers bother with wuvwuv or they server transfer.

But, here’s my question in all of this, what do you -win- at the end of a match?

in WvW

Posted by: Melphina.9035

Melphina.9035

These numbers to me seem like more than enough of a buffer to reshuffle the servers early. The data isnt going to magically come together where one server quits work for the next 2 days to shutout another server for the chance to come back. I wouldnt be surprised if the first place paring was shifted down simply because of these stomps.

Melphina Kobe ~ Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

On SF, I’ve been chased half the map away into my own zerg by packs of FA players as well. Then there’s your huge Norn warrior that gets off on Frenzy > 100B ganks before running back and hiding behind his lines for the next 60 seconds.

People just do all sorts of stuff in WvW, from running around mining or organizing small-group operations against supply lines to attacking giant grub or suiciding against the SM gates for 6 hours straight (>.>;). I doubt there’s a server-wide culture of WvW trolling on Rall or anything.

in WvW

Posted by: Malvader.7502

Malvader.7502

Then there’s the lovely new trend, where the server roflstomping the other two has some key guilds from their alliance pick one of the servers they are up against, has them transfer to it so they can take team up on the other server and insure that server of second place. 1) They get into the matches instead of sitting in queque. 2) They earn karma and influnce they can save up. ) They artifically inflate that servers score, so on the next round when they swap, that server gets stuck in a higher bracket but the people who put it their are long gone. This server then get stuck in a bracket it has no way it can be competative in and get roflstomped all over again.

They need to put a restriction on the server transfers that they can’t particpate in wvwvw for a 24 hour period, they also need to make the battles last 48-72 hours and not one week.

in WvW

Posted by: Rashka.7304

Rashka.7304

(…)
Like ive said, perhaps day is different. But at night literally every rall (and I do mean literally. Like I do keep saying I have yet to meet a single rall person who deviates from this) acts in the manners ive described.

(…)

I’m also kind of confused why people believe im badmouthing the rall server. Last I checked if your enemies in war think you are jerks then you’re probably doing something right… <.<

Ok, so you are one of the FA players who PvEs all maps green during the night and heavily fortify every single location. And why exactly are you surprised that our few nighttime defenders fight for every single inch of ground our day/evening crew managed to wrestle back from you?

Don’t get me wrong, w³ isn’t fair, FA has a valid advantage at night and they are using it. Just confuses me that our nighttime players are jerks in your eyes just because they are trying to prevent an easy win for FA.

Rashka the desert scout
<Vigilance> VIG
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Yo Beezy.8395

Yo Beezy.8395

So the real test will be next week’s matchups.

Why people are running around predicting the end of the world after only one 7 day round is beyond me. Take the loss on the chin and hope for a better match next week.

What? not enough sugar on top for ya?

Post like the “OPer” is what AR needs. The people that care most about the game care enough to tell AR how they feel because they want the game to be as good as we know it can be…

The real problem is free server transfers people jump off the server the second its not going over in hope to get quick xp karma “ext” as they add to the steam roll .

and the Orbs being to strong for the already winning side, they just need to make the orbs needed for something else other than stat boost..

I’m sure a number of new idea’s to make the orbs wanted will work it don’t need to be a stat boost..

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

Personally, I don’t care much about scores. I just want fights. I can deal with the night-time sweeps and some Oceanic server gaining a 100k point lead provided that, in my prime time, we can get good battles.

In the current Ehmry Bay pairing, the “good fight” period is very short, and of course the invaders are working against fully upgraded structures and will have no chance to upgrade their own. Ehmry Bay basically dominates both competitors simultaneously about 22 hours a day. It doesn’t matter if they cooperate. Under present conditions they can’t NOT cooperate because we’re camping all their spawns.

I could transfer my guild over to one of those other servers, but Ehmry Bay queues are already short, so it’s not like we’re overpop, and we’re hardly a top tier server as it is. It makes little sense for me to transfer from one low-pop server to another. I wish some of the people waiting in the 1+ hour queues would transfer to Borlis or Fergueson and give us a fight!

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

I’m on Ehmry Bay and I don’t know what brought us together to get this high of a score. For the last few weeks the server has been floundering in WvW. I know plenty of guilds transferred out because they couldn’t handle waiting it out or trying to put together some form of communication.
I logged on yesterday morning and Eternal Battlegrounds was incredi-boring. We had almost captured everything. I went into the Borlis Borderland and there were skirmishes all over. It was fun, they were pushing forward and we’d push back. Then I went back to Eternal Battlegrounds later and everyone was basically stuck to their spawn.
I think we, as a server, have been pushing for communication and we have set up guild alliances that allow people to plan out the tactics. I think we’re also just getting smarter. I doubt we’ll do this good next week, but it all about communication and experience.
Maybe some of the losing servers don’t communicate well with other players or maybe they just haven’t played much WvW.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

So basically all the OPs data shows is that next week we will have more balanced matches. Isn’t that the point of the system?

Data A.Net had was kind skewed anyway since it was based off 24 hr matches just like the OP said. It is also partly why they did not start 2 week matches yet. I do think they could have had some rounds of say 72 hr matches before moving to 1 week.

In the end the system will work it out. The servers with 100k+ leads will move up and fight the other servers with 100k+ leads. Next week could be a WHOLE different story accross the WvW boards for many if not all servers.

TLDR: Be patient, don’t jump to conclusions just yet. Wait to see what happens. The real matches are just beginning next week.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

in WvW

Posted by: Kamos.2897

Kamos.2897

Blackgate player here.

To me WvW feels pretty much like Groundhog Day. I don’t see the point of doing it anymore. Every night we go in there and fight hard to slowly occupy a bit more than 1/3 of the map. Then, during the night, we lose everything.

I’m sorry if this sounds harsh but the server ranking is useless. It matters little how many points each server has scored if you do not consider when those points were scored.

Actually, I’m still trying to understand why an american server does not operate only during ‘reasonable’ american hours. And I’m not even from the USA or residing there.

in WvW

Posted by: Felicrux.2810

Felicrux.2810

I’m on Ehmry Bay and I don’t know what brought us together to get this high of a score. For the last few weeks the server has been floundering in WvW. I know plenty of guilds transferred out because they couldn’t handle waiting it out or trying to put together some form of communication.
I logged on yesterday morning and Eternal Battlegrounds was incredi-boring. We had almost captured everything. I went into the Borlis Borderland and there were skirmishes all over. It was fun, they were pushing forward and we’d push back. Then I went back to Eternal Battlegrounds later and everyone was basically stuck to their spawn.
I think we, as a server, have been pushing for communication and we have set up guild alliances that allow people to plan out the tactics. I think we’re also just getting smarter. I doubt we’ll do this good next week, but it all about communication and experience.
Maybe some of the losing servers don’t communicate well with other players or maybe they just haven’t played much WvW.

I’m on Borlis and have been on the receiving end of this. I think you guys have gotten a bit of night presence, because after everyone went to bed on the first night, you guys just swept through and took everything. It was the same during the back half of the 24 hour matches. To be honest, if you had the same night power as us and Ferguson’s, you wouldn’t be doing nearly as well; we’d pushed pretty hard the first night, and had the lead when people started heading off for the night.

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

its all about DILIGENCE! We may have just had servers that did not know the week long matches were starting. They might have just screwed up and lost there footing but either way; its the way it goes.

If you dont make an effort you cant win and with the current standing on wvw buffs you either have guys on watch 24/7 or you have people asleep 24/7 cause its a steep slope; if you let it go to long the buffs will keep you beaten.

Next week will give us all a look into how things are going these poor servers that are winning in these blow out matches are taking in the bads from each other servers and its going to kill there ability to play.

On ET we are about to go back into the top bracked and over the past 3 days ques have been 2-3 hours from 30 min. Our server is in a bad state atm with the play style used by ruin that is recruiting from the losing servers we are geting a higher % of bads than we would normaly. The first thing they say when they enter the map is where is the zerg.

diligence- constant and earnest effort to accomplish what is undertaken; persistent exertion of body or mind.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: gandhigonewild.3645

gandhigonewild.3645

I don’t think people completely understand just how mismatched some of the servers are. Northern Shiverpeaks probably out numbers Devona’s Rest and Kaineng combined in server population. In WvWvW it certainly feels like you’re fighting 3 to 1 odds constantly.

Level 80 Norn Warrior
Kætilmund [LaZy] -Kaineng