Current state of WvW

Current state of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Harrada.8041

Harrada.8041

Hey there, I am just now coming back from an extended break from GW2 and have noticed that my server (use to be in the top 4 most of the time) is now really low in the rankings. I asked around and it seems to be due to a mass amount of people abandoning the server or the game all together.

Is there anything being done to balance this issue out? I do not want to abandon my server, but I also don’t want to spend the rest of my days running around empty borderlands.

There has to be some kind of solution, right?

Current state of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Transfer or try to recruit guilds to your server seems to be the only solutions in this matter.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Current state of WvW

in WvW

Harrada.8041

Transfer or try to recruit guilds to your server seems to be the only solutions in this matter.

I’m not going to pretend I know the impact it would have, but what if they condensed the servers together so instead of having 24 worlds competing, they would, lets say 12.

Current state of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

I’m not going to pretend I know the impact it would have, but what if they condensed the servers together so instead of having 24 worlds competing, they would, lets say 12.

It would send people into a rage.. however, it would greatly help the low server population issues. I think a better solution would be to give people an eviction notice with a free transfer option to any server of their choice, allowing them to choose their new server.

Honestly, from what I have seen anything below T2 is a waste of time even trying to play wvw now.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

Current state of WvW

in WvW

Harrada.8041

Honestly, from what I have seen anything below T2 is a waste of time even trying to play wvw now.

I hear that. I am sitting in the Eternal Battlegrounds right now by myself. Our server is winning by a landslide strictly because no one is even contesting the map. The fact its so early in the morning probably helps, but its like this more often than its not.

Current state of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Patience and wait for Thorn changes, game itself gona have a influx of some players returning and some new ones, if your are in NA, recruiting from other servers might not be a solutions since everyone stacked in the 4 first servers even in T3 theres 2 servers that migh have like 8-15 max players across all BL’s.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Current state of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

The problem is that this is all created by players, so Anet cannot in good faith resolve the issue with server merges, as people have spent money on moving their accounts around. Aeolus, i think that’s a bit low, possibly 30 players across all Bls + some roamers that just jump around and throw ballistas at each other

Current state of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

That’s funny, I find anything above tier 3 to be a waste of time.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Current state of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

That’s funny, I find anything above tier 3 to be a waste of time.

Are you EST NA by chance?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Current state of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: AyumeiKitsune.8256

AyumeiKitsune.8256

I have no idea what to do in WvW or what your even suppose to do XD! I was trying to lvl and I got lvl 80 instantly walking into WvW. Im in Devonas Rest so not sure if we are populated or anything. But I am thinking when the new expansion comes out servers will be populated again!

Current state of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

I have no idea what to do in WvW or what your even suppose to do XD! I was trying to lvl and I got lvl 80 instantly walking into WvW. Im in Devonas Rest so not sure if we are populated or anything. But I am thinking when the new expansion comes out servers will be populated again!

This thread for newcomers might help you:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-lessons-for-newcomers/first#post4739135

It is doubtful that the low pop servers will become populated even with the expansion, as when people return that haven’t played in while, they usually transfer to where their guild is instead, and usually that is the populated servers anyhow, thus just increasing the higher tier servers, still leaving the lower ones ghost towns. I started out on DR, but have no desire to return to that mess of a server.. it has too many issues and there is a reason it imploded and went down to the bottom tiers.

When the expansion comes out, the game will get a boost, but then it usually dies off pretty fast. HOPEFULLY they will advertise this expansion heavily on not just on gaming sites, and bring in new blood, as most of those returning probably will not stay long.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)