DBL and Bloodlust

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Damash.2754

Damash.2754

Hey, is there any chance for red side to get bloodlust on their boarder?

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Its kind of good this way. Red must invade one of the other BL’s to get buttlust. Could be a great thing to encourage roaming.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

We need an excuse to avoid the dbl?

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Our immediate focus, besides scoring, was to bring the Desert Borderlands map back, in the mixed borderland setup, that the community recently voted for.

Now that both maps are available to players, at all times, we can begin deciding if we want bloodlust to become a feature in Desert.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: DeLys.5380

DeLys.5380

Now that both maps are available to players, at all times, we can begin deciding if we want bloodlust to become a feature in Desert.

Ok, how can it not be a feature and have all things equal with scoring? I don’t get that.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Ok, how can it not be a feature and have all things equal with scoring? I don’t get that.

Huh, not having a bloodlust give more purpose to it imo. There is more incentive to fight over it since one server will always be short. It’s kinda like SMC. There is only 1 castle for all 3 servers. Now we have only 2 bloodlust for 3 servers.

Most people were pretty confortable with only having 1 bloodlust (hardly going to contest other map ones). Now one server is out of the confort zone.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

The inclusion of DBL at all implies that scoring will not be equal- yak patterns are very different on DBL, tending to be longer.

ANet probably has internal data on just how much Bloodlust is directly contributing to score and it’s probably in the field of 20k points all up by the end of the week, split across the three servers. If Bloodlust is a strategic asset then people will fight for it; there is ultimately little difference between having 2 and 3 bloodlusts, as the two best servers will have the two bloodlusts. Previously, it primarily served a denial role, rather than having actual value in and of itself.

If the stats are deemed unfair then ANet can remove or reduce the stats, or add a similar stat stick to DBL.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

The desert borderlands should have it’s own battle wide effect rather than just copying blood-lust.

For instance restart the core collection event, however this time make it for an ability that causes any enemy siege near towers/keeps that makes them take 20% extra damage.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Our immediate focus, besides scoring, was to bring the Desert Borderlands map back, in the mixed borderland setup, that the community recently voted for.

Um how can something that two servers have and gain points from, and one server don’t have and there for not gaining any points from not being focused to add or as i understand your post even questioned if it should be added? I mean it clearly give advantage to two servers and disadvantage to the server that are forced to play dbl, which is a punishment to start with.

I do not understand your post and i am trying to not get upset over it but it is really hard.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Um how can something that two servers have and gain points from, and one server don’t have and there for not gaining any points from not being focused to add or as i understand your post even questioned if it should be added? I mean it clearly give advantage to two servers and disadvantage to the server that are forced to play dbl, which is a punishment to start with.

I do not understand your post and i am trying to not get upset over it but it is really hard.

Isn’t the question: How relevant is bloodlust!
Compared to man-powerimbalance and off-time scoring it is completely irrelevant for match outcome. If matches should be more fair these 2 needs to be taggled and not the irrelevant bloodlust.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Oldyoung.6109

Oldyoung.6109

From my experience bloodlust is largely ignored on non home borderlands; not having it on one map incentivizes trying to take it but also punishes the map without it; so i would like to see a different buff instead of simply adding bloodlust to promote more aggressive play around the ruins.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

Just scrap the Bloodlust mechanic alltogether, it was by far the most useless part of the alpine bls anyway. Usually nobody even bothered with capping it, if it wasn’t for the daily.

Caissech / Falásya

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Rotteny.8743

Rotteny.8743

If they just add Bloodlust to DBL, they will just kill it’s purpose again and nobody will bother fighting for it unless you don’t have the one in your own map. But they shouldn’t just leave it without anything.
The ideal would be a different buff for different maps (which implies that if we ever get a 3rd borderland it should have a buff different from ABL and DBL ones).

Diana Strongarm / Blighter Hellena / Jasmine Fatima / Elizabeth Crowel
WvW Rank 337 (Bronze Soldier) – PvP Rank 33 (Wolf) – 3,2k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Borlis Pass (Also known as Jeknar.6184)

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

Wait wait wait… You mean to tell me that an unfinished product went in to production?! I’ll hear nothing of this slander. You guys should be ashamed.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

You mean to tell me that an unfinished product went in to production?!

All of these by-popular-vote changes to WvW are “live beta test” releases, and that is a distinction between working and complete.

Desert does need Borderland Bloodlust. That would make a fine replacement for the orbital cannon event that never should have been.

Adding Borderland Bloodlust to Desert will require new structure models and object collision, maybe some textures, and five capture points. In a word: work.

Welcome to live beta gaming.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Grendels Mother.5713

Grendels Mother.5713

DBL is just too big – nothing anyone with a mind to WvW didn’t already know. The Alpine maps maybe old but they at least work in the context of WvW. Introducing the DBL back has just introduced yet more imbalance into this game mode.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: dargon.7253

dargon.7253

The desert borderlands should have it’s own battle wide effect rather than just copying blood-lust.

For instance restart the core collection event, however this time make it for an ability that causes any enemy siege near towers/keeps that makes them take 20% extra damage.

Or make it so the cannon, rather than hitting every gate, is a target-able effect. You get to pick 3 gates for it to hit, in a similar fashion to skyhammer.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

Huh, not having a bloodlust give more purpose to it imo. There is more incentive to fight over it since one server will always be short. It’s kinda like SMC. There is only 1 castle for all 3 servers. Now we have only 2 bloodlust for 3 servers.

Most people were pretty confortable with only having 1 bloodlust (hardly going to contest other map ones). Now one server is out of the confort zone.

Except its the Red side that has to fight for it, it already has the disadvantage of Overlook being trebbed from SM, and now has to go fight continuously in the Alpine maps since unless you stay in ruins its lost, not something I call a fun nights play., “Hey I capped ruins” “Hey I capped ruins again”

Red gets the bigger map to have to try and defend. Red also tends to be the least populated server, so again making them work harder for something the other servers just have to jump out of Gari to get.

Sorry but im still not seeing the “fun” part. Why should green/blue get something handed to them but red has to actually go out of its way to get. I know balance is something not known in wvw but at least an effort could be made.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Our immediate focus, besides scoring,

God if adding the DBl wasn’t bad enough, there’s still the scoring changes that will certainly flush the mode. <sigh>

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

The problem is all these votes you tally do not come from the player base where the longevity of the game mode lies. You know what people like my friends and I want? We want fights. We don’t want cannons. We don’t want more siege and a way to repair it. We don’t want more PvE in the mode. We log in every week for years on end at this point to stomp people’s faces in, but the maps are stale, the blobs are bigger and nothing has been done to counter it on your end for four years. The sheer fact that this mode receives one tenth of the attention of the rest is why it’s doomed to fail and you have nothing but a whinefest in this forum. You don’t listen to your community or to the players who live, breath, sleep and eat WvW. Instead you throw out these random ideas from a dart board and have us vote on them, secretly hoping you’ll find your diamond in the rough. You haven’t done it in four years, you aren’t going to find it now. Communicate with your players. Stop giving us what you think we and WvW need and let US tell YOU what it needs.

/End rant

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

Make it so you can farm WXP by capturing Ruins, and make shrines similar to ruins.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: mattbnh.9247

mattbnh.9247

Make bloodlust automatic on the red map to even out the map size disadvantage. Red is the lowest rank server, and to give the the hardest map will be a downer.

“That’s more than I really needed to know.” – Adventurer in LA

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I’d give the ruins some sentinels or creatures defending them (spirits, shades and ghosts, most likely), and keep them captured rather than vanishing over time, so a single player can do it.

Then change the superior, mayor and minor boosts to be changed per map rather than shared across maps:

• 3 monuments, minor
  • 4 monuments, mayor.
  • All 5 monuments, superior.

That way they stay as an Alpine feature, and can be fully obtained in a single alpine map, regarldess of what happens on the other maps.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Leaa.2943

It is simple. 2 servers have bloodlust and gain points from it. 1 server have no bloodlust and gain no points from it.

They can ofc go to other borders and contest other servers bloodlust, but either way, red server have a disadvantage that should not be there. And having blood lust under garrison that takes you a min to capture is not the same as moving to enemie border to take theirs. You are not gonna sit on their bloodlust all day, and they can easy instant cap it back. So again. There is a disadvantage that should not be there, yet it is. This is unacceptable.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Rotteny.8743

You are not gonna sit on their bloodlust all day

If the enemy come to contest it and give me fights, hell yeah I will.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Rotteny.8743

God if adding the DBl wasn’t bad enough, there’s still the scoring changes that will certainly flush the mode. <sigh>

People been asking for these scoring changes and now you are complaining about them? wtf?

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Leaa.2943

You are not gonna sit on their bloodlust all day

If the enemy come to contest it and give me fights, hell yeah I will.

You still don’t get the point. Will you sit there 24/7 the whole week? No? I hear what you are saying and i get your point, but the fact remains, that 2 server have blood lust 1 don’t and that is unfair, no matter how you put it.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I think we should see how it works. It might be good for the game. I might incentivize people to go to the ruins and fight over them. A roamers delight.

I understand those that say its not fair for the red team, especially since they tend to be the weakest team. But I still think it might be good.

Plus do we really want the devs to spend time altering the DBL to put the ruins in there? I mean that’ll take a lot of work. Is it worth it?

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

People been asking for these scoring changes and now you are complaining about them? wtf?

That’s because WvW is dying, but all Anet are doing it putting on a band-aid.

Yes a lot of us hate the DBLs, but some like them.
Now due to the lack of resources being spent on WvW, and the waste of resources on a PvE WvW map, it’s either sticking to Alpine for who know how many more years before Anet decide to grace us with a new proper WvW map, or a mix of both.

We already tried DBLs on their own, and it killed WvW further! So a mix is the only thing Anet can do to keep everyone happy for another few months.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

Love how people are still so blinded by their frustration with learning a new map that they only see to blame it rather than the numerous other issues that plague WvW and continue to be an issue, like blobs and boon share. Focus your hate on something relevant. The polls showed how utterly wrong you are.
My WvW guild died because dbl was taken away and everything became blob fights and server bandwagoning, destroying the small havoc groups like ours in addition to stale content of Alpine.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I want to see how it plays out with only 2 blood lusts. This will give incentive to fight for it, might actually make players care about it.

Ideally DBL should get its own something in the middle, but don’t just mindlessly rip off bloodlust. We’ve seen this over the last few years, people just claimed their homeBL bloodlust, and ignored it.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I agree that it’s worth seeing how this plays out. As others have said, it might encourage servers to actually fight over bloodlust now. I don’t think it’s mandatory enough for entire zergs to turn up every time their server doesn’t have it, but it could potentially get smaller dedicated groups to spend more time in the ruins.

Gandara

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Schrell.6352

Schrell.6352

An easy partially fix for bloodlust:

Make it effective only on the map it come from. When a team get a bloodlust on the green map, make the bloodlust working only on the green map. Simple.

Advantage:
- probably easy to afford
- reduce the imbalance for red map since no team will have bloodlust on red map.
- promote roaming on green and blue map.

Inconveniens:
Only a partially fix.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

I like Schrell’s idea but I think it could be better with an adjustment

The scoring effect of Bloodlust affects all maps
The stat bonus only affects the native map

Nalhadia – Kaineng

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I like Schrell’s idea but I think it could be better with an adjustment

The scoring effect of Bloodlust affects all maps
The stat bonus only affects the native map

Nobody fight for bloodlust for the stats tho. Your proposal still keep the scoring imbalance people are complaining about.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Unfortunately the Desert Borderland wasn’t designed for mixing so either there might have to be a few changes over time or the borders used exclusively.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

There is a lot of work that remains to be done after the Scoring changes.

We need basically 3 different maps with their own unique gameplay feature.
1- Bring the Orbs back to the Alpine BL.
2- Add a central event that makes sense to the DBL or remove the entire central area and have the shape of the map be the feature
3- Make a new map with another central idea, like an Arena that contributes to the PPT with a queue system and that everyone can spectate

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

The problem is all these votes you tally do not come from the player base where the longevity of the game mode lies. You know what people like my friends and I want? We want fights. We don’t want cannons. We don’t want more siege and a way to repair it. We don’t want more PvE in the mode. We log in every week for years on end at this point to stomp people’s faces in, but the maps are stale, the blobs are bigger and nothing has been done to counter it on your end for four years. The sheer fact that this mode receives one tenth of the attention of the rest is why it’s doomed to fail and you have nothing but a whinefest in this forum. You don’t listen to your community or to the players who live, breath, sleep and eat WvW. Instead you throw out these random ideas from a dart board and have us vote on them, secretly hoping you’ll find your diamond in the rough. You haven’t done it in four years, you aren’t going to find it now. Communicate with your players. Stop giving us what you think we and WvW need and let US tell YOU what it needs.

/End rant

I hate to break it to you, but believe it or not you and your friends are not the only players. You do not have the only correct opinion on WvW. Hell you don’t even have the “correct” opinion about WvW, because its nothing more than an opinion. Seriously. We get it, you disagree with the way the polls went. Too bad. You can’t have everything you want. No matter what the outcome of the polls was someone was going to be upset and disagree with it. Your opinions are in the minority, sooner or later you will have to realize that.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Just scrap the Bloodlust mechanic alltogether, it was by far the most useless part of the alpine bls anyway. Usually nobody even bothered with capping it, if it wasn’t for the daily.

^this, altough playing for bloodlust feels like the equivalence of gw1 gvg playing the flag :\

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Desert BL could have the bloodlust buff added to the middle.

An alternative is to have bloodlust only apply to the map it was claimed on, or removing it entirely.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Navi.9308

Navi.9308

They should have 3 points that are required to activate for Bloodlust and one of them should be in each borderland.

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Ann Jay.2950

Ann Jay.2950

Might I suggest what I think is an easy fix (I’m not a programmer, it might be really hard, I don’t know).

What if, instead of having bloodlust obtained through capturing runes, it is obtained though securing the mercenaries in the Eternal Battlegrounds (i.e. the frogs, dredge and ogres). There are three of them, they are in neutral areas, they can be flipped by one person easily. They can be “shut down” by opposing servers, and they naturally decap over time, creating more opportunities to steal/secure. It would bring more interest to an area that is usually just a path to run though, and all of those areas are great for fights (good chokes, obstacles, etc.) so it might encourage more action there as well. EBG also tends to be a more populated map and I think will profit from having one more feature, however small it may be.

Just a thought.

| Areianna Firebloom ~ YB | & |Reylah Wrynn ~ SBI |

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Might I suggest what I think is an easy fix (I’m not a programmer, it might be really hard, I don’t know).

What if, instead of having bloodlust obtained through capturing runes, it is obtained though securing the mercenaries in the Eternal Battlegrounds (i.e. the frogs, dredge and ogres). There are three of them, they are in neutral areas, they can be flipped by one person easily. They can be “shut down” by opposing servers, and they naturally decap over time, creating more opportunities to steal/secure. It would bring more interest to an area that is usually just a path to run though, and all of those areas are great for fights (good chokes, obstacles, etc.) so it might encourage more action there as well. EBG also tends to be a more populated map and I think will profit from having one more feature, however small it may be.

Just a thought.

EBG is already popular enough, I don’t think it need anything else added to it. Besides, moving bloodlust to eternal battlegrounds would just kill the ruins in the middle of ABL. What would they do? Sunk it again and put back the lake?

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

Remember: the way it is right now is just as the community voted. The inbalance in this is on us as voters.

If I were you I would try to recycle the collection events or monuments to capture bloodlust on red BL. If this is too much work to program, then I guess the most balanced option is to remove the buff from it or make it map-specific only. Just make a vote on it so we can only blame ourselves

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

Nobody fight for bloodlust for the stats tho. Your proposal still keep the scoring imbalance people are complaining about.

when we voted in the DBL we already decided that we don’t care about scoring imbalances of that size
and there’s no mistaking it, the scoring influence of Bloodlust is very similar to the scoring influence of the different yak layout on DBL
any scoring concerns are slated to become toast when the new scoring system is implemented anyway, modern scoring concerns will make very little sense once the new system comes through

Nalhadia – Kaineng

DBL and Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

My WvW guild died because dbl was taken away and everything became blob fights

How ironic…

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~