DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: Debois Guilbert.6413

Debois Guilbert.6413

Don’t get me wrong I think a GoM alliance is a good idea, but after almost five months of WvW I am convinced now more than ever that commanders do more harm than good. If in the end the alliance is just a small group of hardcore jerks barking orders then the server will suffer and people will leave.

Just my two cents.

now i cant say anything on the matter of commanders before 3 weeks ago (when i started playing) but the commanders ive seen in the past few weeks have been excellent, organized us and have done it all in a fair and fun manner. sorry to hear thats how you’ve experienced it.

+1 to this. I would follow any of the commanders on Gates. It can sometimes take a bit to figure out what they are trying to accomplish and each has his or her own style. So I try to follow as best I can and try to figure out how to contribute most effectively. @Tekyn: I always remind myself that the opposing commanders are doing their best to diminish our morale.

Speaking only of EB now, I have never found a commanderless group accomplishing anything particularly useful.

Altoholic Luciana Delaluna, Ranger
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness
“This space intentionally left blank.” ~ Zork

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: Prototype.9017

Prototype.9017

Don’t get me wrong I think a GoM alliance is a good idea, but after almost five months of WvW I am convinced now more than ever that commanders do more harm than good. If in the end the alliance is just a small group of hardcore jerks barking orders then the server will suffer and people will leave.

Just my two cents.

now i cant say anything on the matter of commanders before 3 weeks ago (when i started playing) but the commanders ive seen in the past few weeks have been excellent, organized us and have done it all in a fair and fun manner. sorry to hear thats how you’ve experienced it.

+1 to this. I would follow any of the commanders on Gates. It can sometimes take a bit to figure out what they are trying to accomplish and each has his or her own style. So I try to follow as best I can and try to figure out how to contribute most effectively. @Tekyn: I always remind myself that the opposing commanders are doing their best to diminish our morale.

Speaking only of EB now, I have never found a commanderless group accomplishing anything particularly useful.

Normally I would tend to agree with you on most commander-less groups accomplishing little, but I’ve seen a group of random people on my server fend off GoM attackers at SM for quite a while with no commander on the map for 2+ hours. On another note, it’s good to hear you guys have some excellent commanders. Playing against GoM and HoD has been an awesome experience and thanks to both servers for the excellent fights!

Sképtíc – 80 Norn Thief with rainbows
Permanant Enemy – 80 Norn Warrior
Darkhaven – Seventh/Everlasting Abyss [Abys]

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Soooooo…. fight club this week?

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

@Tekyn: I always remind myself that the opposing commanders are doing their best to diminish our morale.

I’m not sure what that meant, but if you’re implying that I am an enemy commander then I can assure you I am not.

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Tekyn.5376

Normally I would tend to agree with you on most commander-less groups accomplishing little, but I’ve seen a group of random people on my server fend off GoM attackers at SM for quite a while with no commander on the map for 2+ hours.

Completely agree! Some of the best engagements in WvW happen when everyone has to step up and do their part. Commanders serve a vital role, but it’s the soldiers that win the battle.

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I am sorry it has come to this but I wish you all well on Gates of Madness but like so many others I have packed my bags and run away like a sissy.

I tried. But sunday night in EB was to much for me. Loosing fully upgraded towers with sieges built because no one would come defend while 3 commander types stood on the wall of the keep making fun of each others guild tags. DH taking the left side, HoD taking the right. But at least they had the trebs guarded I guess. The suggestions from dumbos to just let them take stuff so we can take it back because it is quicker. The chuckleheads who wont quit buying the gun upgrades first.

I thought all day monday about going decided not to, but then I logged on to the 2 minute and 30 second warning to the new build grabbed the stuff out of my guild bank and ran. I didnt want to, I mean my last post I even said going to T8 wouldnt be bad. And it wouldn’t be if I actually felt like we were doing something.

So anywho not that anyone cares, just me and the GF and our two person guild running off.

Wish you all well, and glad to see people are working on plans to get things moving in the right direction. Im hanging out on Anvil Rock they always seemed like decent folk when we were fighting. Maybe some day down the line you will move up to us, or us down and you can show me just how poor my choice was by stabbing me over and over.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I am sorry it has come to this but I wish you all well on Gates of Madness but like so many others I have packed my bags and run away like a sissy.

I tried. But sunday night in EB was to much for me. Loosing fully upgraded towers with sieges built because no one would come defend while 3 commander types stood on the wall of the keep making fun of each others guild tags. DH taking the left side, HoD taking the right. But at least they had the trebs guarded I guess. The suggestions from dumbos to just let them take stuff so we can take it back because it is quicker. The chuckleheads who wont quit buying the gun upgrades first.

I thought all day monday about going decided not to, but then I logged on to the 2 minute and 30 second warning to the new build grabbed the stuff out of my guild bank and ran. I didnt want to, I mean my last post I even said going to T8 wouldnt be bad. And it wouldn’t be if I actually felt like we were doing something.

So anywho not that anyone cares, just me and the GF and our two person guild running off.

Wish you all well, and glad to see people are working on plans to get things moving in the right direction. Im hanging out on Anvil Rock they always seemed like decent folk when we were fighting. Maybe some day down the line you will move up to us, or us down and you can show me just how poor my choice was by stabbing me over and over.

http://youtu.be/SHoNWwhzh3M

(but at least you didn’t go to Kaineng!)

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Tekyn.5376

Best of luck man! I hope your new server works out for ya.

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Debois Guilbert.6413

@Tekyn: I always remind myself that the opposing commanders are doing their best to diminish our morale.

I’m not sure what that meant, but if you’re implying that I am an enemy commander then I can assure you I am not.

To clarify: if you and others are doubting our commanders then the opposing commanders have succeeded. If you have not already read it, I recommend “The Art of War” by Sun Tzu. Surprising how much applies to WvW.

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Prototype.9017

To clarify: if you and others are doubting our commanders then the opposing commanders have succeeded. If you have not already read it, I recommend “The Art of War” by Sun Tzu. Surprising how much applies to WvW.

+1 to this. It’s also a surprisingly good read.

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Just finished a bit of fun in both HoD and DH BL, taking camps, guards and even a tower in DH BL =D.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: VeTx.5340

VeTx.5340

This is correct, although a commander needs to actually win peoples’ loyalty first. It can be a bit of a catch 22.

Vex Yakslapper – Seventh Abyss [ABYS] – DARKHAVEN

(edited by VeTx.5340)

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: Nodeninja.5321

Nodeninja.5321

The Kaineng matchup forum threads are pretty fun to read. You should scoot over to them to see the latest thing that WM pulled… against Kaineng.

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Debois Guilbert.6413

The Kaineng matchup forum threads are pretty fun to read. You should scoot over to them to see the latest thing that WM pulled… against Kaineng.

Since server scores reset next week, I think Kaineng wants to land in a tier that they believe they can dominate next week. This would insure a larger jump the following week. That may be why WM is backing off. Speculation of course, but I doubt WM is going to make their intentions public.

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: Nicolatte.5360

Nicolatte.5360

last night was…incredibly frustrating even though i had alot of fun at the same time. it seems either we were just lacking the numbers today, or Gom has regained their coordination. regardless of the reason hats off to GOM for giving me a run for my money, and as always to DH who has definitly regained most of their old prowess as a wvw server. although we are now in third place. you have brought alot of issues in HoD to light. and will make us a better server in the end

Keep it up everyone

GoM is doing really well and deserves that credit for sure. If they’d been this driven right out of the gate, DH would have had a serious run for their money. But I do sense a number decrease. I’m noticing so many people missing as of late, and WvW is QUIET. Not sure if we had some people transfer out or what (that’s a general question, not rhetorical)? Kind of mystifying. Things were going great on Sunday when I played a ton…

Saw multiple players from both DH and HoD exploiting the invulnerable spots yesterday behind both southern supply camps. It’s most certainly not limited to one server.

That’s why I didn’t point out a server and asked in general “@ the few people that do this sort of thing…”

I’ve seen people guilty of it on my server too, and try to avoid it as much as possible.

It happens. Just asking people to avoid the temptation lol

True that, whenever someone does something smelly and wrong on a server and I wanna gripe, I figure some young punk on HoD probably has done it at some point or other, too. It’s sad to consider, and I think thankfully a lot of the people who post on the forums don’t do that stuff because they don’t want to end up on a screenshot doing something of that nature.

Just try and keep your guildies and friends on the straight and narrow in WvW, it makes it so much more fun. And if the temptation comes up to point fingers, just remember those young punks on your own server. lol We can’t babysit them 24/7 after all, who knows what they’re doing when we go to sleep.

I never even knew that crap was possible, hope it’s something Anet works on in the near future.

Nicolatte – Ranger, Nicolyte – Elementalist
Henge of Denravi since day 1

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: Stine.5723

Stine.5723

Here are some epic screenshots from the past couple weeks from DH. These shots are some of my favorite moments during this match up. (each screenshot was taken from my recorded footage). Each server has done a great job and I feel these were the best battles I’ve been in a long time.

Special thanks to everyone and commanders pulling everyone back together <3

- Necromare

Attachments:

[MEAN] Necromare
vindictiveonline.com
Darkhaven

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

Woot, 2nd screenshot I’ve ever seen myself in!!

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: Prosecutor.1457

Prosecutor.1457

Of course, I’m not in the Snap shot

Prosecute, lvl 80 Guardian
Leader of Side Effect, [SE]
Tarnished Coast

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

a little fun in DH BL before we were booted

Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Actium.8765

SOB we almost had GoMs west keep. -.- was in inner and everything….

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Actium.8765

well we failed to get our numbers back after that update. guess people just got to mad or something. lol

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: atomicjellybean.5389

atomicjellybean.5389

Well. After getting a wvw update right before we got into SM, everyone was raging, and we just kept on hitting it. And whadda ya know? We have SM 3 hours later ^-^
Ps.
GoM- Your a bunch of cherry picking noobs. You can’t just walk in and take SM from us when we broke in and did all the hard work. Atleast we got it back right after

Owner of PHAZE {PHZE}
Commander Atomicjellybean
Henge of Denravi

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Tekyn.5376

I have read it and I’ll do you one better and give you a quote: “The expert in battle seeks his victory from strategic advantage and does not demand it from his men.” If what you’re advocating is blind obedience to any commander simply because of the tag then I respectfully disagree and I’ll leave it at that.

The reason I raise doubts is because some of these commanders have been playing for less than a month and yet they enter a wvw zone and start telling people what to do. I’m not here to call them out by name or have some long drawn out debate because that’s not the point. The point was to give feedback on the idea of forming an alliance.

As to the point about opposing commanders, I doubt they care or are even aware of this. The opposing commanders are going to change from week to week so I don’t see how they are a part of this discussion. All we’re talking about here is the idea of forming an internal alliance amongst veteran GoM players. Considering this will be the 5th attempt at such an alliance it shouldn’t be all that surprising that people want to give feedback so that we don’t repeat the mistakes of the past.

I hope that the people that are serious about this alliance will put their ideas out in the open for a better discussion. It seems silly to be discussing this in a weekly server battle thread.

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Tekyn.5376

This is correct, although a commander needs to actually win peoples’ loyalty first. It can be a bit of a catch 22.

Exactly, and Sun Tzu knew that:

“A leader leads by example not by force.”

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Debois Guilbert.6413

“A leader leads by example not by force.”

So what example would you have a commander set? Your bad experience with some commander or commanders does not match mine. You seem to have had some positive experiences with commanderless groups, again haven’t experienced that in EB (I have in the BL maps). If you have a great idea of how to get things done, map and team chat are yours. Convince people your plan will work, recruit them to your cause and lead them to victory.

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: Talia.7412

Talia.7412

http://i.imgur.com/tonWhPw.jpg

DH invader corpse dancing after zerging our borderlands. I tell the guys on our server not to corpse dance on a win, I hope you guys practice that policy too.

Charter Vanguard [CV], on HoD since the betas
http://cv.englishmist.com

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: nytrusoxyde.3170

nytrusoxyde.3170

Just some later evening/night fun this week in EB…

http://youtu.be/GO_Nl-uiT5Y

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I didn’t see any red structures getting hit in that video. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

Love you guys <3

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: VeTx.5340

VeTx.5340

“A leader leads by example not by force.”.

Totally with you on the Art of War it’s a really worthwhile read for anyone- even just day to day life.

Vex Yakslapper – Seventh Abyss [ABYS] – DARKHAVEN

(edited by VeTx.5340)

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: Tossed Fish.7380

Tossed Fish.7380

Fight night anyone? Same place, same time?

Tossed Fish//Necromancer
Valkyria Immortalis [VLK]

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Tekyn.5376

So what example would you have a commander set? Your bad experience with some commander or commanders does not match mine. You seem to have had some positive experiences with commanderless groups, again haven’t experienced that in EB (I have in the BL maps). If you have a great idea of how to get things done, map and team chat are yours. Convince people your plan will work, recruit them to your cause and lead them to victory.

I’m glad we agree. A good commander does need to set an example and not just bark orders at people. Earning the trust of the players around you makes for an efficient fighting force. As I said above, if blind obedience is your thing then that’s cool, but I don’t think it leads to better zergs.

And WvW experience definitely accumulates over time. If a player has only been in WvW for a few weeks then they would not have experienced everything that there is to experience.

“If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain to be in peril.” -Sun Tzu

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.9645

Harbinger.9645

Can anyone provide a score update?

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)
Member of Gamers With Jobs(GWJ)
From the Northern Shiver Peaks

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: mginn.4502

mginn.4502

According to http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA as of 36 minutes ago:

Darkhaven – 207,148 + 315
Henge of Denravi – 138,887 + 285
Gate of Madness – 153,748 + 95

Btw… To the other Denravians, have we lost players or is everyone PvEing? The last few days in WvW have felt flat out dead everytime I’ve been on.

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Harbinger.9645

According to http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA as of 36 minutes ago:

Darkhaven – 207,148 + 315
Henge of Denravi – 138,887 + 285
Gate of Madness – 153,748 + 95

Btw… To the other Denravians, have we lost players or is everyone PvEing? The last few days in WvW have felt flat out dead everytime I’ve been on.

Thank you kindly.

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Harbinger.9645

Had a lot of fun last night defending the GoM BL last night. For a while there GoM was finally representing in WvW in such a way that it was refreshing. DH and HoD were putting up some impressive defenses all over the place. Good show everyone!

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Prototype.9017

That night was amazing. I got an abyss dye from the one kill I got while in one of those things. How fitting.

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Fight night anyone? Same place, same time?

I should be in.
Looking forward to it!

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: pita spoon.5708

pita spoon.5708

i thought we were gonna do this fight night in the jp??

so is it gonna be in the same spot?

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
Let’s ask tootsie.

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Tossed Fish.7380

We can’t do JP because GoM lost Overlook…

Tossed Fish//Necromancer

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Tossed Fish.7380

Sadly, no one showed for fight night.. if you want to do fight night, send me a whisper.

Tossed Fish//Necromancer

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Actium.8765

Had fun with the guild in HoD BL tonight. Sadly I have to call it a night. been up since 2am pst. Friggen M4 gun shoot this morning. ;.;

Also, sorry I couldn’t make it to fight club. We had already planned a Guild Event of WvW for today last Friday. Trying to get our guild interested in WvW and all.

To the guild LK that was a fun fight with you guys on that center land piece between the 2 south towers.

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: Rexcalibur.6743

Rexcalibur.6743

So, it is going on 30 minutes now and GoM’s Basic guild have been wasting supply and time, and manpower trying to hit a group of us trolling the Greenvale Refuge. Have fun being… well dense :P

Well played, you were trolling us hard, we didn’t realize that we were wasting so much time and manpower

80 memser
Leader of Shards of the Past [PAST]
Darkhaven server

(edited by Moderator)

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: Nsidiously iNsane.8195

Nsidiously iNsane.8195

I’ve become very proud of the GoM server. It seems like we’re getting more activity and interest in WvW, and its great to have more even fights. Keep up the good work guys!

Art of Stealth [AoS]- Gate of Madness
Saint Nsidious (Warrior)-Insidious Xx (Necromancer)

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: ZombiiDuud.1428

ZombiiDuud.1428

I wasn’t trying to for the record. I was calling out a group of 10-15 players who wasted 30 minutes plus of their time trying to kill 4-5 of us. I’ll admit the trash talk at the end of one of my previous posts was a bit uncalled for. Don’t worry I don’t frequent these forums, nor do I make a habit of trolling. So you prolly wont hear from me for a while. I’m done trolling here.

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: PeculiarFox.1578

PeculiarFox.1578

On another note, the elementalist from the guild [ULT] (didn’t read their actual name), I’ll admit that the main reason he was beaten in EB was due to unfair odds. I was leaving him alone, but another person from our server attacked him and was beaten/ while in the process of beating them he hit a guildmate causing the guildmate to have increased difficulty with the JP so the only reason I attacked was to help said guildmate/ prevent my ally (whom I revived) from dying again. In a 1v1 situation it probably wouldn’t have ended so nicely. So to whom ever you are Elementalist, touche.

PeculiarFox – Thief lvl 80
Repping Shards of the Past [PAST]
Darkhaven

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

Please refrain from making rude posts in this thread and return to topic, thank you.

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

I hate those spots as well and it’s unfortunate that there is always -someone- willing to exploit that invulnerability spot. Today an enemy invader was using a hack when we were defending Shad, somehow one-shotting us when we were well out of range and putting us straight into dead instead of downed (definitely not siege). I know one person doesn’t represent a whole server so the best we can do is represent ourselves to keep the game fair and civil until Anet fixes these exploits.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Quick shout-out to the p/d thief from [PD] on Darkhaven. Thanks for the duels!

DH/GoM/HoD - 1/25

in WvW

Posted by: ski.4927

ski.4927

I had myself a nice little duel last night with probably the same P/D thief. We fought for about 5 minutes, bowed to each other, and went our separate ways. Twas a fun stalemate!

Turkish Krul – Druid