DH WvW Season 1 over before it began

in WvW

Posted by: VitisVinifera.2834

VitisVinifera.2834

Shortly after the season 1 was announced, and tiers set, most of the major DH WvW guilds left. DarkHaven was a pretty active WvW world, and what the main WvW guilds did was give us some good commanders that brought all the casual gamers out to play. Now that they’ve left, I can’t imagine anyone, myself included, wants to participate in Season 1.
Guilds are free to come and go as they please, and I wouldn’t consider this manipulation, but Anet needs to look at this. As long as rewards are based this way, small guilds will be shut out, much like the guild missions. This is anti-competitive and disappointing for much of the community, at least on my server.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

DH is currently fighting CD and HoD right now.

I thought you guys are giving good fight during NA prime ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Abys and SE gave us most of our numbers, they’re gone, and because of the scarlet events that happened, we lost more players than was good for our WvW. Plus CD seems to have a night force where as we have none at all. Our server is more or less out of the running for any wvw at this time.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

Abys and SE gave us most of our numbers, they’re gone, and because of the scarlet events that happened, we lost more players than was good for our WvW. Plus CD seems to have a night force where as we have none at all. Our server is more or less out of the running for any wvw at this time.

Scarlet events are affecting all servers that aren’t pure WvW.

CD

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah, Scarlet events and the Frostgorge champtrains are affecting CD as well when we were fight T2/T3 servers 3 weeks in a row…..

CD still have some SEA/Oceanic players left, but not as many as it used to be… most of them went to TC…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Where did [SE] move to? [Abys] is now on SBI, zerging our pants off (NSP) but it doesn’t seem [SE] is there too.

Did these guilds say they were leaving because of the leagues?

in WvW

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Where did [SE] move to? [Abys] is now on SBI, zerging our pants off (NSP) but it doesn’t seem [SE] is there too.

Did these guilds say they were leaving because of the leagues?

I think SE went to IOJ? I’m not too sure, but no. They didn’t say anything about leagues when we were given a reason for why ABYS left. It’s not like its the end of the world, guilds come and go when they feel there are greener pastures. DH honestly is a PvE server through and through and our 3 straight losses, even though we have numbers, proves it. Well that and no oceanic presence. But like I said, guilds come and go and it does no good to get all bent out of shape about it.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Prosecutor.1457

Prosecutor.1457

There are multiple reasons why [SE] left Darkhaven.

First, my guild was being heckled constantly by DHE/TriF. Especially DHE, who believes that they are the face of Darkhaven due to their high “achievement points” in which they firmly believe is more important than WvW. They pride themselves in that.

Second, every since these pve events have gone off, WvW has been very unstable where us WvW’ers have not been able to enjoy. Therefore, weeks and weeks on end, we felt abandoned by the server and made the transition to IOJ. Since Myro knew that I was going to transfer, I gave him options also to either come to IOJ or SBI in which I suggested, or he could stay in Darkhaven to let it drop to its rightful tier.

Let me tell you IOJ’s WvW community is much better than Darkhaven. Weekly commander meetings, a public teamspeak that got filled with 150 on reset, and a delightful welcoming by the many WvW guilds here. So far, even though the Matchup is not what we wanted, SBI will probably be a Top 6-8 ranked server based on their constant transfers since they were able to queue up all 4 maps on reset.

I’d like to stress this out, It wasn’t [SE] that abandoned Darkhaven, it was Darkhaven who abandoned [SE] and [Abys].

Prosecute, lvl 80 Guardian
Leader of Side Effect, [SE]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I know nothing of these guilds but this drama is delicious. I do recognize the [SF] tag from fighting DH

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

We chose to leave to find a better WvW server.

Our leaders scouted other servers and talked to them, and decided SBI was the best fit for us. So far, they made a great decision, they have been very welcoming and it is much more organized than DH WvW.

As stated before, DH is a PvE server, and we are more or less a WvW guild, (although we do have a few people who like PvE).

[Abys]

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Too little commitment from DH players for WvW, we got laughed at when we asked help in wvw, we got trolled etc. We got basically 0 help from the server while everyone on server gained profit from wvw.

Got too tired spending days and night in wvw so unthankful trolling pve’ers can farm invasion/FG better. DH abandoned us, not other way around.

Loving it on IoJ right now, as Pro said, well organized here and server actually cares about WvW.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: Clarzk.7312

Clarzk.7312

hats off to Prosecute and SE i’ve always running wvw with u guys even without pros tag up (Zanede/Kazenui)
gonna miss ur accent when u flirt blossom at TS pros

i know what u’ve been thru, but ima bit disagree with achievement point matters tho
i got 11k AP but we got daily wvw schedule at INTH even our numbers not as high as SE/Abyss we still care about our server wvw, i used to had hope we all rank up to tier 2 or 3 but now gone

IGN: Zanede(DarkHaven)
Guild: Thelemic
Human Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Dyers.1567

Dyers.1567

Did Abys and SE have some fighting between the two guilds? Saw Edge was Abys then went to SE and even changed his name. Was that the reason?

I only play a few hours a night because of work, etc,… and Pak has a small showing in GW2 but we will still miss you guys out there. Pak’Cafan members just don’t like playing this game for some odd reason so they are in other games. Those of us still here try to help where we can.

Anyway, terrible to see you guys split. Saw DH holding it’s own quite well and working well together as a server. The server looked to have matured a lot since release. But then again, I was on the outside just playing and not seeing any infighting behind the scenes.

Take care, Abys and SE.

Dyers Eve – Satyricon – Mila Kunis
Pak’Cafan [Pak] – Darkhaven

(edited by Dyers.1567)

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Seriously not trying to troll here, but EVERYONE that ever faced DH saw this coming….SF used to be guilty of the same things back during the T8 days. You guys were always too worried about the score, too worried about rankings, too worried about tiers. I mean we were the same way back then, you guys just never had to face enough adversity to make you re-think about it all.

Thinking that PPT is the end-all, be-all judge of WvW successes and failures is a recipe for disaster. DH taught SF a couple of lessons when we ran into them during our short climb:

1. No matter how zergy you are, there is always someone more zergy.
2. No matter how much you stress over PPT, you will have coverage gaps that will leave you exposed, which often decides the match in the first place.

While SF is still full of people that constantly watch over the scoreboard, many week-by-week have realized that PPT simply beyond anyone’s control and those people now play for the fights and the fun. Most have came to terms that we are likely never moving very far beyond T6-7, and that whatever effort we give during the week is really just because we are a large group of friends working together and having fun; the PPT will take care of itself.

Like I said, in all seriousness, we once had people that were staying up half the night babysitting our BL, babysitting SM, etc….It is just crazy, don’t be like that people, if people leave WvW for loot, so be it. Play with what people you have.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Prosecutor.1457

Did Abys and SE have some fighting between the two guilds? Saw Edge was Abys then went to SE and even changed his name. Was that the reason?

I only play a few hours a night because of work, etc,… and Pak has a small showing in GW2 but we will still miss you guys out there. Pak’Cafan members just don’t like playing this game for some odd reason so they are in other games. Those of us still here try to help where we can.

Anyway, terrible to see you guys split. Saw DH holding it’s own quite well and working well together as a server. The server looked to have matured a lot since release. But then again, I was on the outside just playing and not seeing any infighting behind the scenes.

Take care, Abys and SE.

No there wasn’t. Edge left on his own terms and requested to join us. Myro and I had a discussion before Edge joining. Myro and I are good pals, we conversed a lot during our times in DH and maintained a friendly and healthy relationship.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Prosecutor.1457

hats off to Prosecute and SE i’ve always running wvw with u guys even without pros tag up (Zanede/Kazenui)
gonna miss ur accent when u flirt blossom at TS pros

i know what u’ve been thru, but ima bit disagree with achievement point matters tho
i got 11k AP but we got daily wvw schedule at INTH even our numbers not as high as SE/Abyss we still care about our server wvw, i used to had hope we all rank up to tier 2 or 3 but now gone

It wasn’t directed towards INTH, you guys come out during the times we sleep, I’ve seen you guys before with a good 20 of you. It was more geared towards [DHE] as in Darkhaven Elite guild. They constantly harass our members and pride themselves on AP, not WvW. Even though, they state they can field 100 members and beat zergs in which I have yet to see. Anyways, Maybe we will see them in the future matchups and see what they are really capable of.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

I am only speaking for myself here (I am sure other members agree though), but I could care less about PPT, I just wanna open those bags/chests! It’s the gambler in me I suppose.

[Abys]

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

As far as NA goes, I think that league two is going to be quite competitive. League one, however, isn’t worth being in. I am tempted to move down to a league two server because I think it isn’t going to be bad at all in league 2.

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

The hardest part about these Seasons is going to be the Night capping… On HoD we had 3 people trying to defend Mendons, while 3 or 4 others tried to defend our Overlook. And about 10 people trying to re-cap our Bay in BLs. It is rough not having an over night force…

So if you are on the other half of this planet (the Europe/Asia/Australian side), bring some over night crews (your day time) to Henge of Denravi! We need more night force!

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Take care, Abys and SE.

Same here (but I’m in my own guild). I was/am only ever on wvw for an hour or two usually at night, and rarely saw any fighting (but that could also because I tend to stick to our BL) between any commanders (I think it was only once I saw it, and it wasn’t even the usual commanders I see. IIRC one of them was Stark, who going at it with someone else). Also never really saw any rude people (only a couple, but I haven’t seen them in a looong time). This really sucks losing so many of our wvw players. Good luck to you guys on your new servers.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

As far as NA goes, I think that league two is going to be quite competitive. League one, however, isn’t worth being in. I am tempted to move down to a league two server because I think it isn’t going to be bad at all in league 2.

Just don’t move to the #13 server. League 2 would be pretty good, if it didn’t include that #13 spot. Whomever ends up being #13 is going to win League 2, guaranteed.