DO NOT TOUCH

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Messorem.3105

Messorem.3105

Seen a bunch of weird electrical rod things in some borderlands labeled DO NOT TOUCH! any ideas?

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

Oh please not another living world invasion!

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Have you touched them?

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Just walked into this portal looking thingy too, west of hills, if Anet could clarify what it is and why its there alot of players,customers, would be pleased i guess

NEW FEATURES AND CONTENT
World vs. World

A new area has been added to the Obsidian Sanctum jumping puzzle!
The Borderlands Bloodlust effect has been disabled in Obsidian Sanctum.
Players can now enter Obsidian Sanctum directly from the drop-down menu of the WvW pane..

Dont see anything in patch notes about it either

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

(edited by Offair.2563)

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Oh please not another living world invasion!

I would like to know how many players asked for living story in WvW because I don’t know even 1 who likes it. /sigh

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

well, we get what we ask for.

First we cry about too little stuff to do in WvW. ArenaNet listens and adds LS features, simply because experience has shown that LS features are the most effective and engaging way to get attention to a section of the game.
Then we cry about achievement hunters and all that. ArenaNet listens and tones down the LS features.
Then we cry about WvW being dead again…

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

What happened to them saying they would not change WvW during leagues?!

OMG

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

OMG

Lol good point.

Elyl Jrend

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

First we cry about too little stuff to do in WvW. ArenaNet listens and adds LS features, simply because experience has shown that LS features are the most effective and engaging way to get attention to a section of the game.
Then we cry about achievement hunters and all that. ArenaNet listens and tones down the LS features.

I’m definitely not one of your “we” – the only thing my “we” want them to change is that “we” don’t want to be forced to run dungeons or farm champions in PvE when “we” need money.

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

maybe the rods are money dispensers then, oh wait no those are those portal things.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Oh please no! Not more crap.

Seriously, WvW Devs please convey to the Living World team that we enjoy their content in the context of areas that their content belongs in. Please stop RAMMING PvE content down the throats of WvW players who will not appreciate their well-written story lines when they are so out of context and provide a major annoyance.

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

they made it really intrusive

if for example, they had replaced skritt, centaurs, krait, destroyers, and harpies with toxics i think a lot less people would be complaining. because it would just be a change of flavor of things we already do.

but no, they made the toxics exist in addition to what was already there, they made them do tons of damage with elite spawns, they made them enemies of the merc camps and sentries that they spawn near, they made them spawn in the paths of yaks (and strong enough to kill the yaks). so everything about their existence is a pain in our kitten. instead of just giving us a taste of whats going on in tyria, we have rotting haggis and pickled liver dumped on us by the truckload every time these stupid things spawn.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

I’m wondering about this as well. seems every time you go near and press f you get knocked back and a message pops up that reads something like “what do you not understand: DO NOT TOUCH”. if you do it enough times you eventually get killed.

it does not look like asuran or charr tech, but it might be something like inquest (red lightning) and the eatherblades (there is a cog icon in the center of it that looks just like the cogs eatherblades always use everywhere)
i also hypothesized this might be an explanation for the disappearance of the water, in other words they are pumps.
they don’t seem to do much besides make noise. i thought it might have been a drill but there is no drill bit and the bottom of the machine is solid metal with the cog pattern thingamabob. perhaps an attempt to awaken the land Kraken, with the noise it makes?

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

“. if you do it enough times you eventually get killed.

Lol you’re making me think of that kid in grade school who, when dared, put his tongue on a metal railing in winter

L’enfer, c’est les autres

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: schnitzel.9018

schnitzel.9018

That’s how it look like. (For everyone who dont know it.)

http://imageshack.com/a/img5/939/kaev.jpg

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Garbage. If ANet had actually listened to the WvW community there wouldn’t be much, if any, PvE in WvW at all. The reason that LS crap shows up in WvW is that WvW is messed up, the devs don’t know how (or aren’t willing) to fix it, and LS is an easy crutch to divert attention from core issues.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Am I the only one who isn’t particularly bothered?
I mean, if you don’t like pve then just ignore it.
Sometimes these things are convenient to have in wvw because I can hit an extra daily without having to go pve maps. Or should I feel bad because I’ll hit the odd harpy/wurm for wxp?

Now if it starts interfering with wvw, that’s something else entirely.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

That toxic stuff or whatever was actually interfering with dolyaks.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

So do the normal mobs that attack the supply Dolyaks in Eternal Battlegrounds. And it means you will have something to do even if you own the whole map.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Now that shouldn’t happen. I get irritated enough when regular mobs (like those bats outside of danelon) interfere with the Dolyaks. I’ve also seen toxic guys take out sentries, which I disagree with.

On the flipside, a little bit of fluff that doesn’t interfere with the game doesn’t matter. I for one enjoy the Citadel being all seasoned up for the holidays — and would love to see them add more aesthetics to the forts and keeps — so long as it doesn’t interfere with the game.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

You can’t have your cake and eat it. Either you want a dynamic world or a static one.

(edited by akanibbles.6237)

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

In my opinion having some dailies in WvW can be a great thing to even complete these Living World achievements while only being in WvW but please don’t make them such an annoyance. Put them somewhere where they don’t really harm us.

The main annoyances with the toxic stuff:
- Number one annoyance on eternal battlegrounds: if you want to sneak through the dredge or ogres with a zerg its almost impossible since everyone walking through that huge aoe field is in combat and there is an orange cross on the map indicating that there is a zerg coming for your towers. That is a no go
- Killing dollys
- Toxics being in the merc camps making it alot harder to turn them since most of the merc NPC’s are dead so even a zerg often can’t complete it quickly since they have to wait for NPC respawn. We could live with this issue but its changing game flow of WvW

It would be great if you could add living story concent in a way that it won’t influence the outcome of WvW matchups at all. Dying dollys and orange crosses on the map whenever a zerg wants to move to enemy territory because of huge unblocable aoe fields blocking the way should not be implemented again in future LS patches

(edited by Arpheus.6918)

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

It also interferes with the wvw season achiev to get merc camps, no1 ever bothers to clear them out of ebg so you can’t get the merc camp.

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

U can’t touch this oh-oh oh-oh-oh
Yeah u can’t touch this
I told you u can’t touch this oh-oh oh-oh-oh
Too hype can’t touch this
Get me outta here u can’t touch this
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

Stop Hammer time

Attachments:

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

(edited by Witaminka.4650)

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

“. if you do it enough times you eventually get killed.

Lol you’re making me think of that kid in grade school who, when dared, put his tongue on a metal railing in winter

I’m with Cyto on this one .. putting that there is like asking Dee-Dee not to push Dexter’s big red button!

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

OMG

Hah good point, they already annoyed people enough with the toxic in every merc camp making it harder for a single of small force to do this fast before the zerg comes along.

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

DO NOT TOUCH

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

. . . ArenaNet listens and adds LS features, simply because experience has shown that LS features are the most effective and engaging way to get attention to a section of the game . . .

No, LS features are the most effective excuse to get attention to the Gem Store.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~