[DUSK] WvW Necro 1vs1

[DUSK] WvW Necro 1vs1

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Video New: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHgxk_w7lyI&feature=youtu.be
Video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBRx9xonG88
Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLtRYwTF708&feature=youtu.be

Some folks have been asking to see a video of my build that I’ve been shamelessly promoting around the forums.

So here it is. Many of the enemies were not that good. But I’m not that good either.

But my build I feel is very good. Very versatile.
I’m just an average player carried by my build.

Now imagine if you are good and using the build!

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNArYWjc0UbbnNO2wfbCchSqeA6FIAaho/gJIfB-TFDFABNq+jc7PAwRA43TAgAHCAkUKkm2AmUWAlSs40BolSQlfAABAQAmZZWmzMwRP6RP6RPa7cmHdnH9olCAmlVA-w

Hope you enjoy the video!

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

(edited by EremiteAngel.9765)

[DUSK] WvW Necro 1vs1

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

If anything I’d say carried by Life Force :P. Started every fight with a full bar, usually duelers ask you to drain it to 30% before a fight.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

[DUSK] WvW Necro 1vs1

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Yea, starting with a full life bar isn’t very good etiquette when dueling. Plaguing in a duel, too.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

[DUSK] WvW Necro 1vs1

in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

I’ve roamed WvW in most of my playing time and rarely PvP or duel.

I have heard occasionally a dueler requesting me to drop LF to 10% or 20% but I never agreed to drop and never understood why people will make such a request.

A necro LF doesn’t degenerate over time so it was meant for us to keep and is one of our weapons.

It is as good as asking a guardian to only be allowed to his his F1 skill or a thief to only be allowed to use his steal once.

LF is a necro tool so why request I drain it to 10% or 20% or 30% when I can start at 100%?

And if someone can give a good reason why it should be drained to a certain %, what then is a fair %?

I have encountered duelers asking me to start with 10% and some say start with 50%. What then is fair and right? Who gets to decide? If I decide, I decide 100% because the game allows it and it is my weapon.

I never understood why people don’t allow mesmers to duel with MOA skill or no PU mesmers in duels or something.

They are all valid skills and valid builds. Please stop asking them not to use something when they are allowed to.

Also it is the first time I heard that a necro cannot use plague form in a duel. You mean even necro elites are restricted?

If it is there, use it.

[DUSK] WvW Necro 1vs1

in WvW

Posted by: moi.4398

moi.4398

Duel is not a game mode , duel has no rules , people make them . There is nothing official . In tpvp when you will meet that necro with full life force earned from previous kill you will not ask him to drain it .

[DUSK] WvW Necro 1vs1

in WvW

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Horrible editing, why have you got 2 music tracks playing at the same time? Also just boring for me. I don’t enjoy watching duel videos, they’re not fun to watch, the games not balanced for it, it never boils down to skill vs skill, it’s always class/build vs class/build, which one is superior over the other, were the fights actually on an equal footing (You not starting with 100% life force at the start of a fight) you wouldn’t have won most of those fights.

Also, bit more variation instead of Attack on titan soundtrack next time maybe, alsooo.. Mute your bloody Guild wars 2 audio.

Duel is not a game mode , duel has no rules , people make them . There is nothing official . In tpvp when you will meet that necro with full life force earned from previous kill you will not ask him to drain it .

You said it yourself, “from previous kill” what about the other person? Where are his bonuses from the previous fight? I thought the dueling community wanted fights to be as fair as possible, hence why they ‘frown upon’ certain elites being used?
You shouldn’t really be comparing TPvP to duels in WvW, TPvP is designed around teamplay and coordination with your teammates, not running around dueling everyone.
The game is not balanced around dueling, it never will be, and this is why. The game is designed around teamwork.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

(edited by JoshuaRAWR.4653)

[DUSK] WvW Necro 1vs1

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I always tell enemy start 40% hp because necro is weakest class in game. I tell him that boar need to bite him like 1 min before we start fighting.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

[DUSK] WvW Necro 1vs1

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Asking a necro to start a fight with low life force is the same as stating a thief cannot use stealth for an amount of time.

That being said, as a necro a fight starts with what ever life force you currently have, whether it be 100% or 0%. Life Force is our main defensive mechanic.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

[DUSK] WvW Necro 1vs1

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

30/30/10/0/0 guess it 6/6/2/0/0 now. Thats what I ran back in the day even before dumbfire.

Starting with 100% LF is a little cheesy, but fine…. however you will not really improve with that crutch. Start at 50% accept the loses that will come you will get better.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

[DUSK] WvW Necro 1vs1

in WvW

Posted by: punahou.3986

punahou.3986

Im curious as to how that plague signet works.

When I enter WvW or run dungeons, i never see conditions being put on me from others.

[DUSK] WvW Necro 1vs1

in WvW

punahou.3986

Horrible editing, why have you got 2 music tracks playing at the same time? Also just boring for me. I don’t enjoy watching duel videos, they’re not fun to watch, the games not balanced for it, it never boils down to skill vs skill, it’s always class/build vs class/build, which one is superior over the other, were the fights actually on an equal footing (You not starting with 100% life force at the start of a fight) you wouldn’t have won most of those fights.

Also, bit more variation instead of Attack on titan soundtrack next time maybe, alsooo.. Mute your bloody Guild wars 2 audio.

You said it yourself, “from previous kill” what about the other person? Where are his bonuses from the previous fight? I thought the dueling community wanted fights to be as fair as possible, hence why they ‘frown upon’ certain elites being used?
You shouldn’t really be comparing TPvP to duels in WvW, TPvP is designed around teamplay and coordination with your teammates, not running around dueling everyone.
The game is not balanced around dueling, it never will be, and this is why. The game is designed around teamwork.

another class can haver various boons and buffs from a previous fight due to weapon/armor enchant procs

[DUSK] WvW Necro 1vs1

in WvW

punahou.3986

and…… since when is dueling PVP?

PVP is the unaltered encounter between 2+ opposing forces that takes a chance meeting and tries to turn the tide to gain an advantage or victory.

Some people you encounter may outgear you— are you going to ask them to remove their gear?

[DUSK] WvW Necro 1vs1

in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

and…… since when is dueling PVP?

PVP is the unaltered encounter between 2+ opposing forces that takes a chance meeting and tries to turn the tide to gain an advantage or victory.

Some people you encounter may outgear you— are you going to ask them to remove their gear?

I think both your points are very valid.
If I use exotic only, is my opponent going to drop his ascended gear and buy exotic? or should we just call off the fight? or will he say sorry but if you don’t got gold to buy ascended that is your problem?

also another good point you brought up is necros LF is his mitigation tool! we don’t have blocks invul blink stealth etc etc because we were given a 2nd health bar. you want a necro to start with 10% of it? 20%? 50%? why don’t a thief be allowed to enter stealth 3 times in a fight max? or a guardian can only use his F1 skill once? etc etc

and the necros who say start with reduced LF are probably power necros who have good access to LF regain abilities. if you play a condi necro you will know how hard it is to regain LF!

[DUSK] WvW Necro 1vs1

in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

Im curious as to how that plague signet works.

When I enter WvW or run dungeons, i never see conditions being put on me from others.

you should try the signet again because that is what it does =D and its range is quite big!

[DUSK] WvW Necro 1vs1

in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

[DUSK] WvW Necro 1vs1

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I never understood either, why necro should start fights with just 50% Lf or even less. That is ridiculous. I beat necros with 100% LF and I loose against necros with 100%. I’d say, deal with it. If you wanna really be a good dueler (as some mentioned, it is not exactly a supported game mode), you should learn to deal with that. Is it annoying, that especially power necros sometimes seem to have endless amount of LF? Yes, as it is annoying that certain thief/mesmer builds restealth all the time, that warrior has dmg and condi immunity skills, that engie covers the ground with turrets and himself just blocks and evades the critical moments in fight and so on.

Also not allowing Plague in duels is equally pointless. What is so special about plague, that you need to not allow it?

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

[DUSK] WvW Necro 1vs1

in WvW

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

What the hell is up with the editing? What’s with the wavy screen effect? I actually had to stop the video and check my monitor, I thought it had broke!!

You spam a lot of your abilities, I have no idea how you won some of the those fights, lucky I guess. Quite why you even bother speccing into Path of Corruption, I don’t know because you never use it correctly. You take Weakening Shroud but dont’ pop death shroud in close quarters enough to make use of the ability. You put Fire + Air on a slow casting weapon and more to the point it’s a waste, this isn’t a “Hyrbid” build, it’s a condition build with some zerker gear left in that you probably had lying around. Chill of death is devastating in a zerker build, that’s what’s it’s for. If you actually played just a standard terror mancer build, you’d get more kills.

I think you probably won these fights from Necro’s ability to inately bunker and do damage almost by accident from spamming abilities and getting some lucky terror procs from your fears. And nearlly every single one of the people you fought against were awful, awful players.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro