Damage nerf and WvW

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

It has made WvW more stale for me a lot of server mates. One of the attractive things about Gw2s combat is the fast-pace and reaction time. Now with this patch it has made it quite slow paced and therefore boring to me. Few notes and reasons:

- I’ve noticed how hammer trains, PVT gear have significantly benefit from this. Before patch an organized hammer train was ready good hut what happens when you make them even bunkier?
- Outmanned fights are even more difficult to overcome. Even if your team coordinates and syncronizes a well executed “bomb” its effect is minimum. Giving more advantage to larger teams.
-Range bombs ( meteor showers+tornado+power wells) are way less effective than they use to, giving even more advantage to the common melee meta.

To summarize, WvW combat was better before the patch. It was more fast pace and it relied more on team coordination ( it still does, but not as much).

I’d like to see this dmg nerf be PVE ONLY and not affect WvW. Before anyone assumes anything, I am not bringing up this issue because it directly affects me, I play a frontline driver which relies on bunker/support build I am bringing this up because it has made the game less attractive to me and others, to the point I am considering in just quitting

Commander Nachonix

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

Besides your points it should also be apparent that conditions are ruling small man/solo roaming. Everyone is running tanky condi cheese builds and it is disgusting. There is really no point in even playing anymore. Unlucky for us WvW ANet has managed to sate the PvE crowd with wardrobe and account bound dyes.

There were a bunch of possible builds for power based classes but now its nothing but runes of strength and people abusing sigil of energy and battle.

The damage of this nerf is done IMO and the condipocalypse will become more apparent in the coming weeks when the apologists wake up.

CD

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

so wait

youre complaining that glass builds got nerfed and you can no longer rely on 5 glass peripherals to do all the damage while your soldier/sentinel geared wrecking ball wanders around like a headless chicken spamming cc and blasting water?

adapt.

maybe you should regear your melees in knights. and have only the commander playing a pure sentinel build.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

so wait

youre complaining that glass builds got nerfed and you can no longer rely on 5 glass peripherals to do all the damage while your soldier/sentinel geared wrecking ball wanders around like a headless chicken spamming cc and blasting water?

adapt.

maybe you should regear your melees in knights. and have only the commander playing a pure sentinel build.

You didn’t get my point.

Sure we can all adapt and roll bunker/condi/melee/cc spam and have slow paced fights that require minimum skill clicking and positioning but my point was this is boring and slow

Commander Nachonix

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

so wait

adapt.

You didn’t get my point.

Sure we can all adapt and roll bunker/condi/melee/cc spam and have slow paced fights that require minimum skill clicking and positioning but my point was this is boring and slow

no, you missed my point
i said run more damage to speed it up

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Damage nerf? What damage nerf? Please excuse me while new runes, sigils and some extra silver for food make me do more damage than I did pre-patch.

(edited by Deli.1302)

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

They nerfed profession damage (traits and equip) but buffed runes and sigils.

You know have slightly less dps difference between tanks and glass cannons…condition got a huge buff.

But you can achieve the same dps than before since runes and sigils are available to anyone.

If they thougt to balance nerfs with sigil/runes buff it worked…
The issue is now many profession are alive only paired with some runes/sigils…any nerf to those would destroy WWW.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Bo Van Swill.7619

Bo Van Swill.7619

So if you look at the patch and have played at all you know that damage has been hit very little really Full glass Stuff is still darn nasty my mesmer is still handing out huge amouts of dps and as for condis getting buff not true at all they the same. Oh and talk about cheese nothing more cheesy than some one who wants to 3 hit kill you.

Critical Damage will now show the base 150% multiplier (previously hidden) and is increased by Ferocity at a rate of 1% per 15 Ferocity.
This change is estimated to reduce the damage output of a full berserker build by 10%.

Skuld Foefire Mesmer, Thord Blackthorn Guardian, Gele Fireheart Elementalist
Beezy Chan Engineer,Sarah Soulcaller Necromancer

(edited by Bo Van Swill.7619)

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

LordByron.8369

This change is estimated to reduce the damage output of a full berserker build by 10%.

anet can t math.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

Bo Van Swill.7619

All you people moaning about 10% or so and then going on about condis must of forgot the 50% nerf to confusion

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

The nerf is not 10%. Coming from a player who runs a complete glass/zerker build, the overall dps loss is about 25%. The auto attacks (non-crit) are about 15-20% lower and the actual crits are 30-40% lower. This was no where near a 10% dps loss for full zerker builds, not even close.

With that said, i’m not so sure it hit full zerker builds the hardest; I think it may have hit the min/max builds the most. Pre-patch, my glass Ele would drop in 2-4 hits, now they are dropping in nothing less than 6-8 hits. While I may have suffered a 25% dps loss, in real time it seems the meta WvW builds got hit harder.

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

Bo Van Swill.7619

Funny i had a thief 3 shot my glass ele last night and my thief has lost very little in the way of damage in fact cant think of a single toon thats lost more than 10%

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

LordByron.8369

Funny i had a thief 3 shot my glass ele last night and my thief has lost very little in the way of damage in fact cant think of a single toon thats lost more than 10%

Run your old build if dps and look at numbers…..its more close to 25% (overall damage not 25% less crit) than to 10

Obviously if you change runes and build to compensate you can get a lower loss.

GW2 balance:

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ulmir.5094

Ulmir.5094

so wait

adapt.

You do know knights was also nerfed as crit dmg got lower, right?

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

The nerf is not 10%. Coming from a player who runs a complete glass/zerker build, the overall dps loss is about 25%. The auto attacks (non-crit) are about 15-20% lower and the actual crits are 30-40% lower. This was no where near a 10% dps loss for full zerker builds, not even close.

This is definitely not accurate. The nerf was absolutely limited to critical damage. Your non-critting attacks are doing precisely the same amount of damage they did before the patch.

While I also don’t agree with the nerf to critical damage, I do like to have accurate arguments. Yours doesn’t even flirt with accuracy.

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

so wait

adapt.

holy kitten
i swear
the amount of…

if youre running soldier/sentinel, you dont have crit and the damage nerf did not affect you and switching to knights is still a major damage increase without much survivability loss.

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

Bo Van Swill.7619

They nerfed profession damage (traits and equip) but buffed runes and sigils.

You know have slightly less dps difference between tanks and glass cannons…condition got a huge buff.

But you can achieve the same dps than before since runes and sigils are available to anyone.

If they thougt to balance nerfs with sigil/runes buff it worked…
The issue is now many profession are alive only paired with some runes/sigils…any nerf to those would destroy WWW.

Condi builds got no buffs at all in fact the changes to runes reduced condis

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Condi builds got no buffs at all in fact the changes to runes reduced condis

Some condi bunkers got a nice bump in condi output now that they can effectively run two condi sigils (with some exceptions).

Bunkers also got a nice bump from the zerk damage reduction. It was hard enough to burst down bunkers before and it was made substantially more difficult with the ferocity changes. Direct damage in smaller fights is going the way of the dwarves.

The net effect of the changes is clearly stronger condi-bunker play in small/skirmish fighting. Most effective roamer builds have switched to condi-bunker. The warrior is the lone hold out in my opinion and that is only because they dish out tons of control.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Lets see:

Knight stats are Toughness/Power/Precision

I don’t see how crit dmg reduction affected those…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

This is definitely not accurate. The nerf was absolutely limited to critical damage. Your non-critting attacks are doing precisely the same amount of damage they did before the patch.

While I also don’t agree with the nerf to critical damage, I do like to have accurate arguments. Yours doesn’t even flirt with accuracy.

Im sorry, but it is 100% accurate.

I was well aware of how much damage I was doing with non crit attacks before the patch and it’s clear their is a damage reduction on those of 15-20%. I’ve spent hours in WvW after the patch and it’s distinctly noticeable.

That is unless they nerfed Ele’s damage across the board on top of the crit nerf. If they didn’t, then raw damage has taken a hit as well. It could very well be a case of your damage being low to begin with and the 15-20% isn’t noticeable to you. To me, a pre-patch auto attack non-crit consistently doing 2000-2300 now consistently does 1500-1700, I’d say is a crystal clear nerf.

Damage nerf and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Im sorry, but it is 100% accurate.

I was well aware of how much damage I was doing with non crit attacks before the patch and it’s clear their is a damage reduction on those of 15-20%. I’ve spent hours in WvW after the patch and it’s distinctly noticeable.

That is unless they nerfed Ele’s damage across the board on top of the crit nerf. If they didn’t, then raw damage has taken a hit as well. It could very well be a case of your damage being low to begin with and the 15-20% isn’t noticeable to you. To me, a pre-patch auto attack non-crit consistently doing 2000-2300 now consistently does 1500-1700, I’d say is a crystal clear nerf.

“Im sorry” what.

That you don’t bother to pick up a calculator or use a spreadsheet? There is no 25% DPS loss, you’re pulling numbers out of nowhere. And you made me login just to scold you.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/PvE-Calculations-Ferocity-DPS-loss

There’s no need to thank me for helping you link a calculation. And there’s no mention of any raw DPS being changed in the patch. You must have been hitting ascended geared players all day for that “DPS nerf”.

(edited by LoneWolfie.1852)