Darkhaven Guild Leaders (DHA)

in WvW

Posted by: Lurko.7185

Lurko.7185

This is still a work in progress and have been testing with some people. This along with Server Voice Chat will help. I still have to buy a true domain name and some added touches. It was just a quick and dirty setup to get the ball rolling.

As far as Guild Shifts are concerned, I know my guild is a 5PM EDT – 2AM EDT Guild. We working adults and or in college and there is no way we would be able to help a shift starting before or after that time frame with any type of force.

We have a good reserve of gold right now, however I have been holding off on purchasing the Commander Book as the Benefits just are not there IMO for a 100 gold book. Coin is better spent on siege and tower / keep upgrades.

Wootuz
Guild Leader of Pak’Cafan [Darkhaven]
www.pakcafan.org

(edited by Lurko.7185)

in WvW

Posted by: Shepperd.2178

Shepperd.2178

So just wanted to point out that right now 1pm est, Darkhaven +10 Anvil Rock +10 Yak’s Bend +675

in WvW

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

I’d like to address a few of these posts.

1. TheFreshBrew.1958 – You go left, you go right you go home. What you don’t do is go one by one into the cannon fire. If you’re not that guy, then this obviously isn’t for you. We took 10 PD and went right, avoided the treb and catapult fire and went straight to Golanta. We took it and then went up and hit Klovan enough to cause Yaks to shift defense to there. We then moved down to Jerrifer and took it, placed two trebs up on the hill and killed the trebs in Lowlands. All the while I was spamming in /team and /map for people to get off the killing fields and into the fight. If you look at the map you can see there are two paths leading out of the Hill and around the killing fields. Take one of those if there are dead cows and big rocks landing on the stairs.

2. Coordination between AR and DH, while good in theory is nearly impossible. Last night, we were in Darkhaven Borderlands trying to get back the orb. We were actually applauding AR for getting theirs back and suddenly two of our supply depots turned red. It’s certainly possible to coordinate but not without server forums.

3. @MVP – PD will take you up on your challenge any day as long as you leave that mesmer we fought up near Speldan’s home. I’ve had enough of that guy. I will give you credit though, you all fight hard and don’t back down. /salute

4. To the rest of Darkhaven – don’t lose faith. This is the first draw and we happened to get matched with a group that has a heavy oceanic pop. Our next match might be a better fit. This is a one week period of your gaming life. I can guarantee that when you’re old and grey like me you won’t remember that one time when Yak’s Bend took it to us for a weekly WvW match. Learn what you can in the borderlands, fight as long and as hard as you can. Take what you learn now to the next fight. Because there will always be a next fight.

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

in WvW

Posted by: TheFreshBrew.1958

TheFreshBrew.1958

@Sir William – did you miss the part where they were camping the side exits too? I know a lot of you wanna pretend there’s a way to turn around the score while living in some fantasy land where whats happening isn’t happening, but there isn’t. No amount of rallying the troops is going to offset how broken this match is.

If you wanna go be a hero and waste your time and money in a futile effort to regain one or two nodes before tonights night-capping, good luck with that, I wish you well.

for the record, I play, MAINLY because of wvwvw, because when its not broken its fun – but the last 4 days have been anything but fun, and if not fixed soon, might even turn into a deal breaker for a lot of people.

in WvW

Posted by: Zulubeast.8519

Zulubeast.8519

Sounds good to work together. We have enough players to keep all 4 borderlands queued for at least 20 hours of the day, we just need to get them motivated to actually GO and then get them organized.

As to the vent (Or maybe even Raidcall/TS3) We’ll need at least a 100 slot server split up into different guild groups/parties so we can get organization pinpointed.

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

@Sir William – did you miss the part where they were camping the side exits too? I know a lot of you wanna pretend there’s a way to turn around the score while living in some fantasy land where whats happening isn’t happening, but there isn’t. No amount of rallying the troops is going to offset how broken this match is.

If you wanna go be a hero and waste your time and money in a futile effort to regain one or two nodes before tonights night-capping, good luck with that, I wish you well.

for the record, I play, MAINLY because of wvwvw, because when its not broken its fun – but the last 4 days have been anything but fun, and if not fixed soon, might even turn into a deal breaker for a lot of people.

I am sorry to hear this… if you only mind about winning the match, if you only have fun when you have the edge… yes the current situation sucks and there is no fun. You should transfer to a winning server if it makes you happy.

But for the people that focus more on the fun of the battle and the challenge to fight against a more powerfull enemy… the situation is bad but not enough to give up.

Yesterday I just moved from Eternal Battleground to Darkhaven Borderland and that was great… I had 3 hours of competitive PvP and we could retake most of our forts… ok they probably night capped everything again… but who cares!? You dont need a huge army to get it back…. and what are you going to do if the enemy dont get your forts? I imagine Yaks are now bored to death with complete domination.

Again for those that only care about winning the match I agree… one week like this sucks… I am not saying you are wrong this is your opinion, not my business, I am just saying this because you considered those that are trying to be in “fantasy land”… respect the playstyle of others.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Sir William PD.9615

I didn’t miss any part. It sounds to me like you either need to get your big boy pants on or transfer servers. In 15 years the Purple Dragons have never run from a fight or cared about the scoreboard until the final whistle blows. During prime time hours Darkhaven not only takes back our territory, we push Yaks back to the hell they came from. If they’re camping the spawn you have three options; go around them, crush them or whine and log off.

www.purpledragons.net

in WvW

Posted by: Ethersin.3270

Ethersin.3270

I have commander status and Im always with my guild in yak borderland and we always own when on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TatOLYwsBHQ <<proof

Check out rethesis.com for more info on my guild

Other leaders PM me if you want join partnerships.

GL of [RE] Rethesis
www.rethesis.com

(edited by Ethersin.3270)

in WvW

TheFreshBrew.1958

@albotelho – nobody said anything about having to win to have fun. But nice strawman.

@Sir William – Like I said, if you wanna waste your time and money on futility and unbalanced matches, and thats fun for you – go for it. But really, what do big boy pants have to do with unbalanced broken pvp?

in WvW

Lurko.7185

@TheFreshBrew hello, this thread is for discussion for those that wish to improve the community and WvW of the Darkhaven Server. If you do not wish to be apart of it please do not post in this thread. There are plenty of threads in which you can post your frustration with the current state of WvW.

Thank you.

Wootuz
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

TheFreshBrew.1958

@Lurko I was addressing comments made to me. But Thanks for your concern.

in WvW

Lurko.7185

There will be a Darkhaven Guild Leaders Meeting Tommorrow at 11PM Pacific time.

Free Darkhaven Server WvW Ventrilo has been set up. Courtesy of HVN.

hostname: exp.vent.nfoservers.com Port: 18710 PW: hvn
Port Number: 18710
PW: Message either Seal the Deal, Myself or New Phobia.4315

Wootuz
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Posted by: kyokara.1867

kyokara.1867

Darkhaven
As a DAoC vet rarely do I come close to crapping myself in WvW
But tonight may have been an exception
gg

Attachments:

80 Warrior
2 Mesmer (sPvP only)

in WvW

Ethersin.3270

Darkhaven
As a DAoC vet rarely do I come close to crapping myself in WvW
But tonight may have been an exception
gg

yup thats my guild ;D we had 13 golems

GL of [RE] Rethesis
www.rethesis.com

in WvW

Lurko.7185

That was fun =) And we ninja’d the orb with 4 people from Pak and HVN after 2 failed attempts. We would have had it the first time, but the orb carrier ran the wrong way at the fork. heheh. [RE] did all of the work setting up the Golems. Thanks Again Ethersin

Wootuz
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Posted by: Worban.1574

Worban.1574

Those pics are Epic!

in WvW

Ethersin.3270

Those pics are Epic!

I’ll have a vid up on it in like 20 min.

GL of [RE] Rethesis
www.rethesis.com

in WvW

Zulubeast.8519

Since I’m not sure I can 100% make the Guild Leader Meeting I’m going to put out my thoughts onto how Darkhaven (and most other servers) can organize better and create lasting wins throughout the night.

Keys:

1. We need more Commanders no matter what. With only 3 Commanders that I know of (One bought it to show off, one uses it sparingly and doesn’t know what to do mainly, and Ethersin who leads a large guild anyways and Rethesis has a limited play time during the evenings) we’re limited to the zerg following closely only at those times.

A Commander per borderland at peak times is essential, and maybe two Commanders on during night hours to hold keeps that we’ve taken during peak is also useful to our cause.

We have large guilds and good PvPers, we just need to motivate the zerg mentality into following Commanders. In my opinion, with the level of disorganization Darkhaven has at the moment a few things must be done if you are a Commander:

2. Keep in mind you are the large dot on the MAP. No matter what you’re doing, people will congregate to you. You must show initiative and lead the people who follow you usefully and effectively.

If you’re a large Guild Leader and a Commander realize that you have control of two different groups.
You are directly in control of your guild via guild chat/ventrilo/squads & parties AND
You are indirectly in control of the random players on that particular battleground.

Use your resources wisely. When taking a keep, realize you can send your guild to cut off supply and maybe even ninja a tower or two while the main force (zerg puggers) focuses on the keep gates. I’ve seen too much of both guild and zerg hitting the same target while we could split forces and take much more territory in the same amount of time.

Orbs of Power are very important factors in WvW. They give tremendous bonuses to the factions that hold them and even things out when they’re spread evenly. While not essential, when you have a choice between taking an enemy keep and going north to snag the orb, it’s a better bet to get that Commander marching north with the mob to grab the orb. Organized guilds can hold choke points while defending the Orb as well.

Most of all, we need more organized communication and a central voice server. I’m assuming that will be discussed during the meeting so I won’t get into specifics in this post.

That’s all I can think of right now, I’ll be sure to think of more later on.

(edited by Zulubeast.8519)

in WvW

Posted by: Cael.2641

Cael.2641

Yes! Let’s go, DH! Let’s get organized!

Aim for the top! :D

in WvW

Ethersin.3270

GL of [RE] Rethesis
www.rethesis.com

in WvW

Posted by: griffdog.3927

griffdog.3927

Lochost Vandalhart – Warrior
Hurc Hammerborn – Guardian
Legion of Legionnaires [LoL] – Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Viceroy.4736

Viceroy.4736

Hi DarkHaven..

My guild Circle of kakis [CoK] is from GMT+8 timezone…..

Leader of Circle of Kakis
Commander of [CoK]-WvW
www.circleofkakis.com

in WvW

Sir William PD.9615

11pm Pacific? That’s kinda late isn’t it? I’ll try to make it. If I can’t be there someone from PD will be.

Nice vids Ethersin but I think I am going to have to ask you to quantify the self appointed title of “Top WvW guild in Darkhaven”. Having a commander and spending a bunch of cash on golems doesn’t quite make you the top WvW guild.

www.purpledragons.net

(edited by Sir William PD.9615)

in WvW

Lurko.7185

It’s very late for me as well as I’m EDT time zone, so it will be 2 AM.

However, our larger Darkhaven Off-Peak Guilds will be there to represent. One of which is HVN which is hosting for Free the Darkhaven Server WvW Vent server. Which is great for our servers communication and getting organized.

Wootuz
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Ethersin.3270

@ Sir William PD
Self acclaimed title? Sure, maybe. But you log into any battleground at any given time and tell me a guild out there coordinated and taking back a large percent of the pie graph back from the yaks. I have a small window that I play in, but my guild has resources and we produce results. From the roughly 2 hours that I attend we take over a quarter of the circle and the moment we leave things get steam rolled pretty soon, so its safe to say we have a good amount of influence. If you see another guild our there doing more please inform me so I can correct our title.

GL of [RE] Rethesis
www.rethesis.com

in WvW

Lurko.7185

Don’t get me wrong, when your Golem Army is up and you are zerging around the map you guys do great work. However, at there was no defense plans. Your offensive capabilities are fantastic while your Golems are up with the element of surprise and fast Gate breaks and circling around the map capturing. It’s a great 2 hours of attack.

There just needs to be defensive plans. If matches lasted 2 hours you guys would be the Top Offensive WvW guild.

Wootuz
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Ethersin.3270

@Lurko.7185
“The best defense is a good offense” if I go around taking 3 castles and during the time they are working to take back one I think my defense is doing a good job. WvW is a point system on who captures more landmarks. I normally have a 2 hour WvW window when schooling, I rather not waste time waiting and defending.

GL of [RE] Rethesis
www.rethesis.com

in WvW

Lurko.7185

I don’t want you guys to defend to be honest. You bust up the enemy too well. 30 second Gate Crashes are epic.

That’s were coordination comes in for others to hold captured points and build up defenses. Especially important will be defending the Orbs of Power in the next match up so the server as at whole isn’t at a disadvantage.

Wootuz
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Posted by: Alimar.8760

Alimar.8760

Slartibartfast (Spoonerism) directed me here. I’m a leader of a moderately sized guild called “The Tyrians” and we are working on getting our members together for daily/weekly games in WvW. I too have been disappointed in the lack of teamwork that Darkhaven seems to have. I agree that the server matchup currently isn’t the best, but hopefully Anet’s ranking system will curve over time to give each server a better chance and a closer battle all around. Completely dominating may be good, but it gets boring real quickly. Same thing with being completely dominated, no normal gamer has the heart to really push and pursue winning. The best games, are close games, that force each player to be better than they already are.

One of the items of note I’ve noticed, is the fact that a lot of people on our server seem to just attack any enemy on sight. Rather than attacking the server that is losing, we should be both pushing the front on Yacks. We don’t have to ‘team up’ that’s illogical as we can damage them with AOE. But a general truce and the ability to push Yacks on two fronts will split their team in half or force them to give ground and retreat to a better defended position.

The one big frustrating thing is how expensive Commander was from the beta. In the beta it was only 10 gold and now its 100 gold. Add that to the lack of Dungeon farming due to Anet nerfing the ability to do certain areas of dungeons without dieing fifty times. Add that to the repair cost of high end and exotic armor and we got a real financial crisis.

All this added up tells us one thing. That we need to band together, pool all of our resources, and fight back. It really doesn’t matter how well we do, it really doesn’t matter if we win. What matters is that we learn co-operation and partnership, and teach all the other servers that our will as a server community will not be broken.

IGN: Alimar
Guild Leader of The Tyrians [TT] (Darkhaven)

(edited by Alimar.8760)

in WvW

Posted by: Flying Dutchman.3214

Flying Dutchman.3214

Long live the Yak! and Long Live [YAAR]!

Good luck in next weeks match up guys! hope to run up against you in the future.

PvP Officer of You Are A Pirate [YAAR] (Yak’s Bend)
“Let our swords stay sharp until the Jolly Roger flies over all our enemies keeps!”

in WvW

Sir William PD.9615

Edit: not worth getting involved in a e peen match. Call yourself whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

www.purpledragons.net

(edited by Sir William PD.9615)

in WvW

Zulubeast.8519

Hopefully all these things will be discussed in a mature format at the Leader Meeting later tonight.

@The Mass Golems thread by Ethersin, you’re just inviting flame bait and unneeded attention to your tactic. It might work another couple times but as soon as servers get the word that you’re the guild with golems, they’ll wise up to the zerg slamming for a couple of hours that takes back a good portion of the map for us.

We need more tactics and more split groups rather than one full borderland following closely on a single Commander. You have a very powerful role, and it’s only used for two hours a day. We need coordination for at least five times that amount, and not necessarily from one person, but if you’re spouting that your guild is the best, use it. What’s the point of being “the best Darkhaven WvW guild” if you’re only using your numbers for 2 hours a day? Clearly Rethesis has potential to shift balance, but if it’s only for such a short period of time, the points we gain are limited.

And, the more golems you have, the more doors you can knock down, but the less players you can successfully engage (plus the more players you have to assign to actually defending them) and you’re much more susceptible to flanks and seige weaponry.

Golems are a nasty and brilliant seige weapon, but they’re only useful when the enemy doesn’t expect it day after day. Darkhaven is going to have to show other servers that we can legitimately PvP within WvW and not just slam keeps for a few hours.

We have a huge amount of potential, just kinks to be worked out now.

in WvW

Lurko.7185

On a side note. I have the domian darkhavenwvw.com registered right now for what ever site / forums we decide to go with .

Wootuz
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Alimar.8760

@ Zulubeast.8519

Agreed. We need to have more than just the typical tactic of turtleing and zerging everything. My recommendation would be to have 2-3 splinter groups made of 15-20 players each working on the non-defended points (Supplies, etc) while the main force assaults keeps/towers etc. With a bit of skill and coordination we can cut off supply in an area and bleed out the defenders. Golems are nice but they’re gigantic targets. To be used sparingly IMO. I could see this team of golems being one of the splinter groups taking out nearby towers while we assault keeps and the like.

Edit: I will be able to make the meeting.

(edited by Alimar.8760)

in WvW

Posted by: purplestone.8364

purplestone.8364

Hey everyone, Commander Ethersin, also guild leader of Rethesis(RE) will be leading raids in Darkhaven. He has been leading WvW raids the past few nights and will continue. The next raid is 9-20-12 approx. 9pm EST. Be sure to send him a whisper to come and join us fight the Yaks. Also be sure to come out Friday when the new match-ups start for we will be leading Darkhaven to victory!

in WvW

Alimar.8760

Sadly I was unable to make the meeting, I got my times confused.

in WvW

Posted by: Wildman.9641

Wildman.9641

I’m a yak and I didn’t even bother to log in tonight. They have to fix this crap. The Q and the horrible matching system should be a top priority.

in WvW

Posted by: Cael.2641

Cael.2641

This reminds me of something one of the Planetside 2 devs mentioned (for those who don’t know, Planetside 2 is an upcoming MMOFPS loosely similar to WvW). If we get really organized, we could have guilds (called “outfits” in Planetside) that specialize in one particular tactic and do it really, really well. For example, Rethesis could generally be our heavy assault gate smashers. Then we need defenders, occupiers, support and logistics, and scouting/skirmishing parties to go take supply camps or less defended towers to split up the enemy’s focus.

The problem is people want all the glory of being in the charge, which is all the more reason for us to assign guilds to certain duties, or at least to certain areas of the map to defend as much as siege. I think we can count on the militia to go pretty much where the biggest siege is.

To be fair we could also put the duties on rotation. Personally I don’t mind running supplies, defense, and upgrading, but I’m working to get my Warrior to lvl 80 and get some money to spend on siege and upgrades. XD

I think our first major step to serious organization to be competitive is to get as close to 24 hour active coverage as possible. We need to get a good off-hour presence going.

Then we need to have the guilds agree on and assign duties, organizing their own efforts. If we can do that I think we can get the unaffiliated players in the militia sufficiently excited to play so they won’t have to deal with being utterly stomped by another server all week. We also need to work on trying to improve general /team and /map chat attitude so we really pull together. it’s tough to do right now because morale is understandably low, but I believe we’re better than this and we have a better community.

Our final goal will be, of course, to defeat Henge and take the number 1 spot. No problem. =)

in WvW

Posted by: Alturus.6874

Alturus.6874

Yak’s are REALLY bad about greifing in the jumping puzzle.. Not that it really matters in the scope of the whole topic here but it’s awesome how guilds like Nice Guys just camp out in there all night and tag team people to death. I managed to solo two of them this evening on different occasions as they are pretty terrible at PvP in general. (lol rifle Warrior) At any rate it’s impassable at this point with out any real resistance, but Yak’s dominate everything else in here over night, might as well “hold down” the jumping puzzle too haha.

Alturus – lvl 80 Thief
Guild Leader – Execution [EXE]

in WvW

Lurko.7185

Here is a comparison of our Server Group. Also thank you everyone who was able to show last night. We are ready for tonight’s new match ups.

Attachments:

Wootuz
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Sir William PD.9615

Sorry I missed the meeting last night. PD will be in WvW all weekend.

www.purpledragons.net

in WvW

Posted by: Thaetus.6954

Thaetus.6954

Awesome time in EB Thursday night. Nice siege golem tactic on SM! My and a couple friends were taking your supply camps before our server broke down your walls. Was this affecting you guys?

Also if any of you ran into a Mesmer, Necro, and Guardian with the [Reso] guild tag, that was me and my friends. Sorry it took about 10+ of you to finally kill us

in WvW

Posted by: CDXX.8657

CDXX.8657

PM sent on the behalf of [sSyn] Shade Syndicate.

Let’s turn this around guys!

in WvW

Lurko.7185

The Darkhaven Alliance (DHA) will be in full effect. Guild Leaders or Warband Officers, if you haven’t reached out to me yet, please do. We have a great number of participation and will continue to expand our efforts.

Current (DHA) Guilds by Tag: (if I am missing your guild please let me know)

DH
DHE
DHE
DnT
DR
HOT
HVN
LF
LoL
Pak
PD
RE
SF
sSyn

Wootuz
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

Great news! I am from a small guild, I can probably bring just a full party but we are eager to help in anyway we can.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Posted by: mohtools.4312

mohtools.4312

I did a similar thread for my server (Ferguson’s Crossing) and I didn’t get a single reply. That shows our current WvW condition. I wish you all the best!

in WvW

Posted by: Vader.2095

Vader.2095

PM sent on behalf of Ashes of Kryta (AoK).

Guild Leader | 80 Elementalist | Darkhaven
Ashes of Kryta (AoK)

in WvW

Lurko.7185

The Darkhaven Alliance (DHA) will be in full effect. Guild Leaders or Warband Officers, if you haven’t reached out to me yet, please do. We have a great number of participation and will continue to expand our efforts.
Current (DHA) Guilds by Tag: (if I am missing your guild please let me know)
AoK
DH
DHE
DHE
DnT
DR
EKN
HOT
HVN
LF
LoL
Pak
PD
RE
SF
sSyn

Added some more Guilds and still waiting for responses from a couple others. Please let me know your tag if you PM me!

Thanks everyone involved!

Wootuz
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Posted by: Roargathor.2743

Roargathor.2743

Yeah, discussing details and tactics on this forum is a great idea….

in WvW

Lurko.7185

@Roargathor Organizing everyone isn’t really discussing tactics. If you think that Golems are all we have in the works, you are sadly mistaken. =P

Wootuz
www.pakcafan.org