Darkhaven vs. Northern Shiverpeaks vs. Maguuma (3 threads down- try a fourth)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Let’s open with some decent asks.

1. Can we get a score update as of today?
2. Removed ~Dalmarus
3. Can we keep this civil.
4. can we discuss something like arranging a WvWvW Halloween finale at SM – take the keep style grudge match (was previously proposed, whomever owns at ‘x’ time is the champ (pride/skill) however you want to paint the picture of your glory?

That is all for now.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Javy.1697

Javy.1697

Score update as of 1:42 pm PST

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

i had to laugh, epic battles in game and on forum. the one server match that is having a blast in wvw is rioting everywhere. -smh-

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

We should turn this into a drinking game. When someone whines about Maguuma tactics or DH night capping, we all chug a beer. Soon nobody will be around to post.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Ricky.4706

well there’s the solution, we just all join one server with some ill tactic, night capping, portal bombing, beer chugging bastages, …that’s top tier material…#justsaying

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

NSP busted out of nowhere today. Holy kitten that 3way at DH east keep today was awesome. Keep the battles like this coming.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

I’m actually liking the idea quite a bit. This week, our wvw battles shine the best, and only challenged by our servers /rants on here. The endless possibilities of combining all of the gruesome tricks and strategies would or could make for the most hated server in the game on and off field. I’m okay with that … just fuels some fire of the enemies and makes for better competition.

/signed

PS. Not to mention the drinks, I don’t think my local beer store has enough stock to keep me going with the amount of /ucheatsoInolikeu or /hacksIdaresayHAX we’ve seen this week.
Removed ~ Dalmarus

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

Everyone is just so angry.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

in WvW

Ricky.4706

I know, it’s the perfect storm for a darkhaven talent scout like me!

can’t wait till we join forces to smash blackgate!! I pity the 3rd party in that match up!

in WvW

Posted by: Cufflink.3985

Cufflink.3985

Two of my guild (both with the word “Cuff” in our names) just took speldon then Mendon tower as a duo. Come attack it, we’ve built up a welcoming party for ya’ll!

in WvW

Ricky.4706

-cringes- yall cost me a fortune in repairs…fortunately we get it back after we take you down!!!

in WvW

Cufflink.3985

Held Mendons for nearly 2 hours, that was some epic fighting for a while there! Totally worth all the siege and upgrades we dumped into it, and it all started with just 2 players ^^

in WvW

Ricky.4706

i’ve been on both sides of that! one minute i’m cringing at the smashing someone is about to get…me! ..and the next minute I’m avoiding repair costs in a losing battle lol. Real fights are simply lively. I’m over it, now i just charge anyways lol..it’s a self challenge to see how much damage i can do before they drop me, it’s how i gauge of how much of a threat they are. sometimes they run! hahaha!!

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Raffie.7865

The only thing in WvW that irks me is how fast my server (DH) retreats.
We are seiging a keep against NSP with about 15 peeps.
1 sec later NSP has a zerg on me, as I back up and look around. Everyone is gone.

Freaking rats boostards bailed on me.

GAH… them war front lines sure do bounce real fast.

Mag’s issue sort of like this is we tend to be slow on getting to some location that needs to be defended. People say they’re coming, they’re just wearing lead shoes or something.

I think Mag in general though likes to defend.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Khairos.3890

Khairos.3890

Nice assault on Etheron Hills in our borderlands just now, DH! It was a pretty fun battle

Helia – Stormbluff Isle – [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

Score update as of right now.

Attachments:

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in WvW

Actium.8765

2nd part to my score update…lol

Attachments:

in WvW

Actium.8765

-.- why can’t i delete taht…its the wrong pic..lol

in WvW

Actium.8765

here is the score update i was intending to put. :\

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

Amazing my server is doing this good.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

in WvW

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

Amazing my server is doing this good.

You have said this every week the past 3 weeks. Seriously. Why do you hate your own server so much?

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Props to Darkhaven for trying new and interesting siege placement. Might have caused problems if it had built all the way…

Aaaand you guys were so concentrated on trying to take east keep that we took west keep with like 10 people.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

(edited by saiyr.3071)

in WvW

Cufflink.3985

Etheron Hill defense was awesome fun, one of the more hectic siege battles I’ve been a part of.

in WvW

Posted by: Kambris.9846

Kambris.9846

Askalion Hills (Darkhaven Borderlands) assault this evening… holy kitten. So epic. How long was that going for… 10 hours?

Banana Bagel – [WE] Commander – Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Arishock.4798

Arishock.4798

Props to Darkhaven for trying new and interesting siege placement. Might have caused problems if it had built all the way…

Aaaand you guys were so concentrated on trying to take east keep that we took west keep with like 10 people.

Tarnishing a ton of fun with dirt flinging ;(

Seriously though, you guuma guys had a great defense. Easily the most epic siege i’ve ever been a part of. You made us work tooth and nail for every inch, and i loved it Can’t really priase you enough on your efforts!

Sincerly,
That annoying asuran Rethesis mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Undermine.1678

Undermine.1678

I cannot help but to think how much better Maguuma would have done if they did not flood the EB Puzzle with 20-40 people day and night all week camping the top.

That is enough people to go across several lands taking and defending points for their World. Instead, they wasted their time and their active map combatants forcing people that really want to help their realm to queue up.

Thanks for making this an easy win for Darkhaven.

38 hours left and max possible 105,640.

Current Score…
Darkhaven +580 – 215,450
Maguuma +50 – 142,459
Northern Shiverpeaks +55 – 120,856

No possible way NSP can win.
10K more points for Darkhaven is a guaranteed LOSS for NSP.
Unrealistic thinking Maguuma is going to win.
30K more points for Darkhavem is a guaranteed LOSS for Maguuma.

(edited by Undermine.1678)

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

I cannot help but to think how much better Maguuma would have done if they did not flood the EB Puzzle with 20-40 people day and night all week camping the top.

That is enough people to go across several lands taking and defending points for their World. Instead, they wasted their time and their active map combatants forcing people that really want to help their realm to queue up.

Thanks for making this an easy win for Darkhaven.

by 20-40 you mean maybe 10 at the most. people come and go.

plus theres not been a queue since day 1 in any borderlands, at any time.

but i’m really happy to see people are getting their feathers so ruffled over it.

in WvW

Posted by: Undermine.1678

Undermine.1678

I have Queues in EB almost all day long….

You do know that there are Pop limits per map and each world holds a static 33.3%, so although one world may have queues, other worlds may not.

And yes, people come and go but most stay. They have 20-40 people in there all day long from the top, to the arena and to the darkroom. Some have even sat camping the top of the well just before the Indiana Jones Trap.

As for ruffling feathers? lol… I am glad they are in there and not taking camps and towers.

As long as they are there, they are not helping their world. And that translates to a win in my pocket.

(edited by Undermine.1678)

in WvW

Posted by: Skapocalypse.5236

Skapocalypse.5236

I have another fun video for everyone coming around soon as I edit it(way to long).

Dakhaven Golems vs Overgrown Grub(and all of EB as well)

THE GRUB MUST DIE!!!!

Skapocalypse/SkaP

in WvW

Posted by: iii.3905

iii.3905

ok so i was gonna do some wvw, but i saw this… man… i hope this week just ends soon…

Attachments:

in WvW

iii.3905

yeah kinda boring fighting no one really… nsp and mag please field more people thanks

Attachments:

in WvW

iii.3905

ok so i was gonna do some wvw, but i saw this… man… i hope this week just ends soon…

btw if u look at the map, someone hacked our orb, but its cool, no big deal i mean, hackers dont represent servers… at the end of the day, we got +695 and u hacked our orb… not a big deal, at all.

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

yeah kinda boring fighting no one really… nsp and mag please field more people thanks

Every server with night-time presence is either

a) in one of the top 3 tiers
b) playing player versus door

If you ever get bored consider transferring to a different server to help fix that problem.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Pacjam.3920

Pacjam.3920

You are asking to field people at 6AM EST on a US server? We obviously dont have the night zerg that Darkhaven does. Congrats I guess?

(SFD)Moobys

in WvW

Posted by: Sals.9534

Sals.9534

Askalion Hills (Darkhaven Borderlands) assault this evening… holy kitten. So epic. How long was that going for… 10 hours?

It was great, till the servers came down for a new build.

Love the Mag server they really know how to keep the pressure on.

Colegate / Selos Song Kaineng-DE Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Lurko.7185

Lurko.7185

Darkhaven has a chance to get vengeance on Yak’s Bend this Friday. I for one can’t wait. This match with Mag and NSP has taught us some interesting tactics. I think we are ready for our next match, though Crystal Desert Could be the wild card. I’ve liked fighting Mags, they put up a great fight and I’ve had some epic battles with them.

-Wootuz

Wootuz
Guild Leader of Pak’Cafan [Darkhaven]
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

And that’s what all this ultimately comes down to. Playing, learning, and having fun. Regardless of the matchup and score we at Maguuma always find ways to have fun. Myself and a guildy were running a 2 man Mesmer/Thief roam last night in the DH borderland during the long Hills siege. I know we had a blast and collected quite a lot of loot.

in WvW

Posted by: Raific.4652

Raific.4652

With the open server moves, the player base on each will fluctuate week to week. It is more volatile than the stock market! Most of us have lost a little interest in WVW until they fix this. I think we will see a big change once that happens.

However, the fights have still been fun. We cannot compete with the numbers so we have focused on to 2 maps to make the fights more exciting. Hopefully next time we meet, we can be more competition for ya!

And to all those who seem to think we know who you are by name, please put at least your server in your sig. “My Server” does not help us know who you are talking about.

Guild Officer, Supply and Demand [SAnD]
Kot Thaed – Warrior
Maguuma Server

in WvW

Ricky.4706

well imo, this is the perfect chance to form a great pvp server and find like minded people to play with. The core of Darkhaven way back from beta have been hard core pvp’rs …so don’t expect the core Darkhaven players to transfer any time soon. Besides, Darkhaven is such a cool name / theme for people who like the RP aspect of mmo rpgs ( like me)!! It’s a Dark haven for people who love to fight.

Eventually free transfers will be a thing of the past and hopefully by then we would have attracted the best of the best from the various servers we fought along the way.

in WvW

Posted by: piffey.6253

piffey.6253

Some great battles yesterday you all. Between the two garrison fights and the multiple east keep defenses, the past 3 days have been the best WvWvW challenges yet. Couldn’t wait to wake up this morning and start smashing down doors again.

Piffey (Eng), Guyon Abuffalo (Rang), Charrbarella (Guard), Quaggan Gin (Mes)
Maguuma

(edited by piffey.6253)

in WvW

Ricky.4706

which btw, this is a screen cap from a w/e beta event in wvw with darkhaven. our core players are Hard Core and i’m proud of them.

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/teranoxghost/Guildwars/gw186.png

in WvW

Raific.4652

Lets be honest, if a Server has a +90% world domination, it is not skill. It is lack of participation of the other worlds for what ever reason. Not trying to steal your thunder but I am just speaking the truth.

Kot Thaed – Warrior
Maguuma Server

in WvW

Ricky.4706

your truth is appreciated and further embellished with, thats why we had a slow start. Some people wanted to pve for a while first and at start up, we were infested with bots more than any other server. It’s cleaner now and we are level 80. We are not a guild, we are like minded people who love to pvp. ( I watched other forums while we were in beta and was looking for where pvp lovers were going to test it at lol )

I’m mainly pointing this out also because I would love to see it stay that way. Some servers like pve…some servers are desperate to win with big guilds and jump around from server to server….and our server has fun people that love it all and fight with a passion. I’m pointing it out so the core of darkhaven stay together and hopefully we can get a balanced team for future wvw by pointing it out to other like minded players to help keep these epic battles going.

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Raific.4652

Well, I am certain you guys will have a good time in the tiers above us when you vs more Like-Pop servers. A majority of the server are yo-yoing up and down the tiers due to Server Hoppers it is tough to see where we will all be.

I cannot WAIT for BOTs, Hackers and Exploiters are reduced. I see ANETs claims they are removing but not seeing the results.

Kot Thaed – Warrior
Maguuma Server

in WvW

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

how come this never happen when i log on? >_<

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Yeah, if you are holding 95% to 100% of the map for long enough to get a score off it then it means there is absolutely no resistance whatsoever. And dominating that much can be a real bad thing sometimes. You want your opponents to challenge you and force you to think faster and do better than them with less resources.

I mean if you can get over the bit about losing matches and losing all your siege and upgrades every night, you start to realize its not a bad thing. It gives you an uphill battle the next day which is by far the best time to learn command, tactics, develop good strategy and execution with limited manpower etc. And its surprisingly a great confidence boost because you can be creative without taking the risk of losing everything. At worst, you go back to where you started a couple of hours before.

The ideal map would have the pie split 3 ways equally round the clock, indicating that theres a perfect match between numbers and coverage. The team who wins has the best strategy and the best execution of that strategy. Unfortunately, its rare to get into a matchup like that outside of tier 1.

in WvW

Raific.4652

Well said Besetment. We have been on the World Dominating side and the completely crushed side. Both extremes really bite. But to be honest, at least if you are on the losing side, there is something to do. You can grab a small group and run around and take camps and smaller events.

When you have everything, there is really nothing to do at all beside sitting around, waiting for something to get taken when everyone on the map zergs it for some serious PvE! LOL

On aside note, anyone hear an ETA one when Anet will fix their issue and get Free Xfer turned off?

Kot Thaed – Warrior
Maguuma Server

in WvW

Ricky.4706

United we stand, divided YOU fall….. cuz darkhaven gonna be all over you like white on rice!! O.o

in WvW

Posted by: russia.9057

russia.9057

Thats our puzzle, not yours, so you’re just going to have to fight to take it from us or deal with it.

Soviet
www.twitch.tv/sovietgw2