Darkhaven

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Jelly Pain.8027

Jelly Pain.8027

I just wanted to take this time to thank Anet for destroying a WVW server. Half of the guilds have transferred already because of the pairing. We can not blob like you gave the power to all other servers. You might as well as Anet staff be on NSP server claiming towers and keeps to further rub it in. Ohh wait you already do. So thank you

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

I like DH.
Always outnumbered but always fight with what they have.
Numbers-wise, cannot compete with NSP or HoD, skill-wise…equal or better (especially NSP, their roamers are awful……jk…….well sorta)

Darkhaven

in WvW

Jelly Pain.8027

I like DH as well and have no plans to leave. I just wish Anet would wake up. I agree with you.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

This sounds like another case of time zone perspective. Given, you guys do seem pretty sparse compared to HoD, makes for a pretty kittenty three way and I can’t blame you for any salt but the times I’m logged on NSP we’re either outnumbered generally or the commanders have to get crafty on how they split so again, time perspective . “skill-wise….equal or better”, everyone says that about their own, it’s like when your mom says you’re handsome.

Kash
NSP

(edited by kash.9213)

Darkhaven

in WvW

Jelly Pain.8027

We are sparse compared to every wvw server. We were on the climb and now on the bottom instantly. It really isn’t salt. It’s fact.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Akkeros.1675

I am not DH
and I AM HANDSOME….don’t ruin my dreams kash

Darkhaven

in WvW

kash.9213

We are sparse compared to every wvw server. We were on the climb and now on the bottom instantly. It really isn’t salt. It’s fact.

Ya, I get it, I’m not saying you’re overreacting. I used to be on Maguuma when that server was like the class room full of kids no one wanted to deal with down in the school basement where the weird sounds came from, I can still taste the salt, just ride it out.

Kash
NSP

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I like DH.
Always outnumbered but always fight with what they have.
Numbers-wise, cannot compete with NSP or HoD, skill-wise…equal or better (especially NSP, their roamers are awful……jk…….well sorta)

This is why I was on DH for longer than any other server. They go out with a bang even when the odds are against them. I don’t know how certain personality traits are born on different servers like that but fearless fighters to the death is something DH has had as long as I’ve known them. Makes them both fun to fight and fun to be a part of because unlike a lot of other servers, they don’t (generally) rely on turtling in towers with a bunch of siege. But every server does that now and again.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Darkhaven

in WvW

Jelly Pain.8027

This is why I was on DH for longer than any other server. They go out with a bang even when the odds are against them. I don’t know how certain personality traits are born on different servers like that but fearless fighters to the death is something DH has had as long as I’ve known them. Makes them both fun to fight and fun to be a part of because unlike a lot of other servers, they don’t (generally) rely on turtling in towers with a bunch of siege. But every server does that now and again.

I could not have put that better. That is why the core has stayed.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I don’t know, seems to me a lot of the core (especially the really good roamers) began transferring out well before servers were linked. And DH has gone up and dropped down more than once over its history.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Darkhaven

in WvW

Jelly Pain.8027

All servers have gone up and down except top tier. This was directly caused by server pairing. This time the reason for leaving was that there was nothing left. Guilds were losing players to transfer and to stop from falling apart they chose to leave.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Ya it’s kind of as pity. I’ve learned to really like fighting u dh people….even tho i always run across some insanely rude players and ones that fight dirty as can be (pretending to duel…). But anyways ur mostly nice and respectful….compared to nsp u look like saints. Its worthwhile going out on a limb, showing love and respect to ur players even if we get stabbed in the back as a result hehe.

I see the lack of zergs and map control and overall emptiness of ur territories tho…..and it just keeeps getting worse as time goes on. I’m inclined to believe everythig u said in ur OP.
Ebay isn’t enjoying the matchup either. It’s too 1-sided. We dont like it, alot of our guilds moved out. And everyone saw the score gaps close when dat happened…but 1 week later everything was back to winning by a landslide.

I like small group fights, so dh is best target for that kind of fighting atm. You guys reaaaallly need more coverage tho….its too empty at times. You have some good fighters who fight legit, and I feel their pain.

The pink asuran warrior in the carebear getup says hai!

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Darkhaven

in WvW

Jelly Pain.8027

I will look for you out there Salute!!!

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Gellrock.4073

Gellrock.4073

Boo hoo, NSP went through hell for about 6 months or more of getting shaat on while slowly falling out of our i think 8th position at the time. Take your lumps and wait for the server matching to change and hope. And the NSP hate in some of these comments is ridiculous . All servers have the same problems and complaints about every other server. Just because you think we blob or suck at roaming doesn’t mean we don’t think the exact same thing of you.

Darkhaven

in WvW

kash.9213

Oh common now, you’re not some scrappy underdog. You’re not HoD big but there’s always plenty of DH on the maps when I’m on, again with the time perspective, and they’re nothing special even when their squads are the largest out there. Find a server that has action during your play time like everyone else.

Kash
NSP

Darkhaven

in WvW

Jelly Pain.8027

We can’t blob. We don’t have population. All servers did not get effected by server pairing like Darkhaven. NSP does hide in towers behind siege unless you have a map q. Then you go after the less populated server because you can not win against HOD. We continue to fight both servers. We fight HOD more because even though we do not have numbers at least they fight more than turtle.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Dirdyy.1648

Dirdyy.1648

My Server (Aba – EU) was always about Rank 8 – 16 since the launch of the game and we had a stable population of wvw-players.

Now it s a ghost town.
All guilds left and i don t expect them to come back.
Now our average tick is 35 – 100 and like u told there is nothing left to stay here.

Even linking would not revive us. It will always only a zombie.
Would be better to delete the server.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Gellrock.4073

We can’t blob. We don’t have population. All servers did not get effected by server pairing like Darkhaven. NSP does hide in towers behind siege unless you have a map q. Then you go after the less populated server because you can not win against HOD. We continue to fight both servers. We fight HOD more because even though we do not have numbers at least they fight more than turtle.

I don’t know what time you play but this is not what I see when I’m on. We (NSP) think the exact same things about your server. We fight both servers but tend to focus the weakest one at the time to help with our ppt. It’s how you play WvW, no harm in it. Your acting like your server doesn’t do this crap too when in reality every server is basically the same.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I could not have put that better. That is why the core has stayed.

<— Carmen Stacy.

I’ve thought about coming back despite the population discrepancy but I’m not 100% certain yet. The whole reason I left was because some of the people I talked to the most/was closest to also left and I wanted to go where they went. I’m not terribly sure that I like the servers I’ve been on since I left DH though so I may move back anyway. Not that I contribute much in a zerg but at least I’m a good scout (:

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Darkhaven

in WvW

Choppy.4183

I don’t know what time you play but this is not what I see when I’m on. We (NSP) think the exact same things about your server. We fight both servers but tend to focus the weakest one at the time to help with our ppt. It’s how you play WvW, no harm in it. Your acting like your server doesn’t do this crap too when in reality every server is basically the same.

All servers aren’t the same though. While it is true that there’s good and bad in both, NSP people seem way less likely to engage in a fight than DH at the moment, except maybe with far greater numbers.

That’s not NSP hate, mind you, just an observation from someone who’s been fighting both servers for a while now (mostly as a roamer).

Darkhaven

in WvW

Akkeros.1675

Boo hoo, NSP went through hell for about 6 months or more of getting shaat on while slowly falling out of our i think 8th position at the time. Take your lumps and wait for the server matching to change and hope. And the NSP hate in some of these comments is ridiculous . All servers have the same problems and complaints about every other server. Just because you think we blob or suck at roaming doesn’t mean we don’t think the exact same thing of you.

lol, was just kidding
but now you see why we joke about you guys self-fulfilling prophecy? yes please

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I’m on Mag and we spawn killed your server to 2 weeks before the server mergers.

It’s true DH was on the rise and what happened was that it became the T8 bandwagon where all the lesser skilled lower tiered players hoped onto. DH then turned into a low tier blob server and ktrained doors till they got to T3.

When they got to T3 they soon realized that they had a lot of players that were willing to fight but they had a lot of players that don’t know how to fight, and have no coordination at all. Hence the T8 low tier bandwagon.

They thought they were really hot though but when you just blob down lower tiers you never have to fight anyone good so when you got to T3 you realized that pretty fast. NSP and EBAY at the time this was happening even though they had less players at the time always could provide Mag with much better fights than DH.

NSP and EBAY players were much more skilled and better. DH implodes becasue it was a bandwagon of low tier players that got farmed.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Darkhaven

in WvW

Gellrock.4073

lol, was just kidding

Don’t see any self-fulfilling prophecy, just was stating that all servers have the same complaints about all other servers. I’ve been on enough servers and all i hear is the same old complaints. Even people in NSP teamspeak are completely kittened when they spew nonsense about being double teamed and the enemy being too bloby. I enjoy fighting both of DH and HoD but we are honestly the same server with different pop levels.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Grey.3179

Grey.3179

Yeah, it is kinda rough atm on DH population wise. WE have had some good fights with both servers, but as far as being competitive across the board, we just don’t have the numbers right now. We have a nice core of players that show up day after day, play as best we can, and try to have some fun.

As far as fights go, can’t really say i have seen a lot of “runners” from fights from NSP or HoD. I have good fights from both servers. Won some, lost some, and lost every single one (looking at you Aegon (<.<)), lol.

It’s true, atm, we cannot go blob vs blob, but there are good fights to be had. I’m just rolling with what we got.

See you guys in game and don’t forget, Fear the Fro, lol.

Thunderfro the Grey – Asuran Ranger – [HART] [RTH] – Darkhaven

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

No worry, we also dont have that much population, when i log on it is DH or HoD painting our map side, and BL.
This last few days nsp have been outmaned, or like the NSP buff like we call it.

About hide in towers, it is not hide, who in its mind roams with DH and HoD groups in the BL??

It is not nsp player fault if they defend the towers, aka defend ppt for quite some time, it is some HoD and DH groups that prefer to only cap if its paper but i guess this occurs in every server in every tier, it is a how the game mode is ment to be played or forced players to play like this, itself forces players to search for easy stuff to do or leave.

Nowadays is so rare to see a group capping and figthing for stuff, need really to outman the adversary.. :\ when theres a fight, brin 20+ to defeat 4.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Darkhaven

in WvW

kash.9213

All servers aren’t the same though. While it is true that there’s good and bad in both, NSP people seem way less likely to engage in a fight than DH at the moment, except maybe with far greater numbers.

That’s not NSP hate, mind you, just an observation from someone who’s been fighting both servers for a while now (mostly as a roamer).

I have to say it again, either it’s a play time perspective, or you’re just lying. I like to think the best of people so I’ll assume you’re on during some weird window of the day where that might be the case, but in general that’s precisely what I hear people on NSP openly complain about when trying to find DH to fight. I’m not trying to argue anything with you guys but I do strongly recommend shopping around for a guild and server where the most action matches up to when you’re logged on or the game will take a sour turn for you, I had left the game for awhile for the same reason.

I really enjoyed being on Mag and loved running with those squads but during the time of day I could normally get on most of the action was already wrapping up, this was the case even when the population was doing well. I shopped around for a bit and NSP had the most going on during my playtime. Even on days where a lot of people seem to be out or raiding or whatever there’s self motivated players and small groups so there’s always something to do when I’m logged on.

Get in where you fit in. Edit: don’t get too hung up on server pride. I got a little wordy because I remember trying stick with the game when I wasn’t having fun. If you think it’s temporary then have at it, most of our servers are basically the same and you might get more people during your loggin time at some point..

Kash
NSP

(edited by kash.9213)

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Every tier has a weak server.
Every tier has a strong server.
Every tier has a medium server.

Maybe NSP is stacked during the daytime,
Maybe DH is thin during all hours,
All I know is, The Raging Storm [STRM] rules the night.

;-)

Darkhaven

in WvW

Jelly Pain.8027

All I know is Darkhaven does not have a strong time. there is no weaker server. The damage was done by pairing. This is Anet’s fault!

Darkhaven

in WvW

Akkeros.1675

lol, was just kidding

Don’t see any self-fulfilling prophecy, just was stating that all servers have the same complaints about all other servers. I’ve been on enough servers and all i hear is the same old complaints. Even people in NSP teamspeak are completely kittened when they spew nonsense about being double teamed and the enemy being too bloby. I enjoy fighting both of DH and HoD but we are honestly the same server with different pop levels.

again, just kidding. I get it. I have multiple accounts on multiple servers and you are right, most are full of nice people, helpful people, good people, and a few turds. We all know blobs when we see them, even if they are our own…just different hot times in different servers…but overall, DH is lower in population or coverage without a doubt most of the time i have been on.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Justine.6351

All I know is Darkhaven does not have a strong time. there is no weaker server. The damage was done by pairing. This is Anet’s fault!

“Anet my server is the weakest of the 3, its not fair! make us good! give us server that can carry us!”

- every server that comes in 3rd every week

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Maybe dh should just reform their lines a bit then. Stick to the borderlands and leave a skeleton force on ebg. The main thing to win is you need a larger zerg and you need some actual uptime of said zerg. From there its just a case of having ur roamers incharge of homeland defense, have a skeleton force of scouts holding ur dh corner in ebg, then having 1-5 scouts running nsp and hod bl, then everyone else is in 1 giant zerg that focuses nsp and hod bl and runs ebg only when ur own corner needs clearing. I mean I would even be happy with something like that since I could still do the small group fights against you guys, and could just avoid ur 1 blob. Ofc all of what I just said is ridiculous to implement, so just wait for changes to the mergers i guess or try to attract new guilds. I mean I wouldn’t mind being mind being paired with you guys and gals. I could probably stomach that much better than HoD (hod isn’t that bad but still it leaves something to be desired. Respect to HoD).

Every tier has a weak server.
Every tier has a strong server.
Every tier has a medium server.

Maybe NSP is stacked during the daytime,
Maybe DH is thin during all hours,
All I know is, The Raging Storm [STRM] rules the night.

;-)

All of that is hilariously true. Rofl

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

Darkhaven

in WvW

Jelly Pain.8027

Justine lol! You must be from NSP! No self respecting HOD would ever say that.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Doll Mistress.9267

Doll Mistress.9267

I’m on Mag and we spawn killed your server to 2 weeks before the server mergers.

Spawn camping…that speaks volumes about one’s character…

Darkhaven

in WvW

Justine.6351

Justine lol! You must be from NSP! No self respecting HOD would ever say that.

I am HoD.
I did start a f2p account recently on NSP. Some nights turn into a karma train and I play wvw to have fun, not to cry cause of my servers standing every week.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: ImNoir.5742

ImNoir.5742

<3 Darkhaven. The only server I play. Always fun no matter the odds <3

Darkhaven [DW] Devine Wind

Darkhaven

in WvW

Jelly Pain.8027

Justine lol! You clearly didn’t read this post.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Akkeros.1675

yeah, i noticed that too
its like a kid watching kittens play and getting a sense of anger from it…just kinda doesnt fit

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

in my experience, fc doesnt like dh either. at least we arent begging for a carry.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Darkhaven

in WvW

Choppy.4183

I have to say it again, either it’s a play time perspective, or you’re just lying. I like to think the best of people so I’ll assume you’re on during some weird window of the day where that might be the case, but in general that’s precisely what I hear people on NSP openly complain about when trying to find DH to fight.

From about late afternoon straight through to late evening PST, particularly in your bl. Go check it out for yourself… the number of people that respond to a camp, how even a structure like a fortified Bay is “defended” against 1-6 people who’ve not put any siege down, with the full force of cannons, mortars, arrow carts, etc., and hardly anyone jumping down until there’s considerably more defenders (+ guards) than offenders. Even then, sticking incredibly close to the gate.

But, like I said, I’m not hating on that. Maybe those people are a little on the green side, or maybe that’s just the strategy they think works best, I don’t know. But I haven’t seen anything like it on other servers for a long time (SoR back in the day, maybe), hence why I brought it up in response to the “all servers are the same” comment.

Other examples I could have brought up are Yak’s being known as a server of siegeaphiles, or DH (and to a lesser extent, GoM) having a tremendously supportive dueling culture about a year or two ago. I just figured I’d keep it current.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Jelly Pain.8027

No one person ever said anything about FC! Till now it was never mentioned. No one is begging for help. It’s a statement of fact that Darkhaven doesn’t have the players to answer at any hour. We have skill and are always ready to fight. No one will ever kill our spirit. We did not get the ability to blob v blob. This is all the post was about. Anet staff claiming towers in Anet’s name against us was the second part of the post. I have found all the FC people to be great!

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

No one person ever said anything about FC! Till now it was never mentioned. No one is begging for help. It’s a statement of fact that Darkhaven doesn’t have the players to answer at any hour. We have skill and are always ready to fight. No one will ever kill our spirit. We did not get the ability to blob v blob. This is all the post was about. Anet staff claiming towers in Anet’s name against us was the second part of the post. I have found all the FC people to be great!

sure dude.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Darkhaven

in WvW

Jelly Pain.8027

I have absolutely nothing against FC. In fact I know the players that used to be on Darkhaven server were not good at all to FC when the pairing happened. I have talked to FC admins they are good people. think how some people on DH treated FC was wrong. Still this is not what this post is about.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

Bummer there man, and you’re as far down as you can go. Well, maybe people will move around a bit, and hopefully things will get better. Personally, I would say, out of spite, ask everyone to Transfer to IoJ to get JQ back to T1. Just.. because..

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I think that there will be a massive shift in the cultures of the smaller servers as they move to different pairings. Smaller servers will find pride in being independent of the stationary servers they occupy as well as having better knowledge of the enemies that used to be their allies. Give the change a little more time before declaring that your server is doomed, which is killing the morale of all of the other people on your servers and servers like your server, making the game less fun.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: wey daw ming.5784

wey daw ming.5784

My sources say that you(DH) you shot yourself in the foot by treating FC like crap… SO no you complain because you are working as 2 separate servers on 1 map.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Jelly Pain.8027

I’m not Darkhaven. I’m a guild leader on Darkhaven and didn’t agree with some trolls on our server. I can’t control what other people do and how they act. This is still not what this post is about.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

Always enjoyed my time on DH but we needed to move as a guild to get people interested in WvW again after running into groups that run away or sit in towers with so much siege that it takes 1 hr to force them out. I give props to the guilds out there that run by themselves but besides a few of them there was no challenge.

The whole FC vs DH thing was just a few people, a majority of DH didn’t really care but there is a very different culture for the two servers. FC is community driven while DH looks for a challenge.

Theres really no incentive to win the week, once there is I’m sure you guys will recover.

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

Darkhaven

in WvW

Jelly Pain.8027

Salute! All of DH wishes Myth well and all understand! Very well put TY!

Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Jente.1479

Jente.1479

I have to say, I am kind of confused about what it is DH wants. I see lots of posts by DH about being outnumbered. As a member of FC I can vouch for this! FC brought not too much in terms of numbers to this linking. We have always had a small WvW community. Yet, we were in tier 5, not 8.
I personally was excited about the link. We had some FC guilds move to DH and I always liked them, so I was really happy. But my enthusiasm has been squelched! 3 times I have tried to follow a DH commander. The first time, I was repeatedly invited to squad and kicked out as soon as I joined. The second time, I found NSP inside our keep and I told the commander, I was berated for not being able to kill them all myself. (I am a staff else ?ø? and I fight like a girl). ???? The last time, the commander stopped the Zerg in route to point out I was FC and made me leave, saying I was infecting DH. So, really I have not logged into WvW a whole lot lately. I think this has been the experience of a lot of The FC community. It is pretty oblivious that, DH DOES NOT want our help.

Darkhaven

in WvW

Choppy.4183

^^ Wow, that’s… awful. I had no idea there was so much toxicity there.