Dead Players "scouts"

Dead Players "scouts"

in WvW

Posted by: RAIN.1238

RAIN.1238

I feel that once a player dies they have a set amount of time to pick a wp to spawn at once the fighting around them is done. If they don’t pick one in the given time, and are not being resurrected or anything, I think they should spawn back at that borderlands wp. This way people can’t stay dead and spy on everything going on around them. Either that, or once they die make the screen go to their map, where they can choose a wp, and their chat box. This way they would be able to talk to people to get a res, or just lay there and do nothing. But they would not be able to lay there and spy on the area for who knows how long.

-HoD- [EVIL]
| Rainin Ash | Asher Nicole |

Dead Players "scouts"

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Honestly laying there dead for more than 5 minutes will just waste their time when they could be back fighting. I only “dead scout” long enough to get numbers and directions called out then Wp.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Dead Players "scouts"

in WvW

Posted by: Jacklo.4230

Jacklo.4230

You’re that worried about dead spies? What about the ones that are alive, running within your pugs and wasting supplies?
There are bigger things to worry about I think.

Dead Players "scouts"

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

Once you die.. you have an set limit of time to respond before you are kicked for being inactive.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

Dead Players "scouts"

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Once you die.. you have an set limit of time to respond before you are kicked for being inactive.

Which can be bypassed.

Dead Players "scouts"

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

Drop a ram on them

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

Dead Players "scouts"

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

What we have now is fine….. Corpse time I use for a couple of reasons. One is, I usually like to see how the battle plays out. If there is time to rez and run I will but, battles don’t last very long. Thus, I’d just rather watch my teammates kick butt and hope for a rez.

The other usage of Corpse time is, bathroom break!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Dead Players "scouts"

in WvW

Posted by: RAIN.1238

RAIN.1238

It’s not something huge or game breaking. It just annoys me, especially when you’re trying to mass golems or something for a quick cap. But no I’m not that worried about it. It’s just something to deal with, and work around. Thanks for the replies tho.

-HoD- [EVIL]
| Rainin Ash | Asher Nicole |

Dead Players "scouts"

in WvW

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

As long as that corpse is not wearing cloth/light armor, I wouldn’t worry about them.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

Dead Players "scouts"

in WvW

Posted by: Nightwish.4013

Nightwish.4013

Only thing I worry about is a Mesmer dying right by a door so someone can rez them from the other side. That just seems like a cheap tactic to me. However I would find it amusing to have the option to burn corpses after say three minutes of them being dead and thus forcing a respawn. Forced respawn means no corpse and no more spying. :p

SBI ~ [DOG]
Nanaako ~ Elementalist | Shirogaane ~ Necromancer

Dead Players "scouts"

in WvW

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

As a solo roamer, I actually don’t mind when people lay there dead for a while. Actually, it’s good bait because people from their realm will see the dead icon on their minimap and come to ress them; and I can get more kills. So for me corpses = bait.

Dead Players "scouts"

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

As a solo roamer, I actually don’t mind when people lay there dead for a while. Actually, it’s good bait because people from their realm will see the dead icon on their minimap and come to ress them; and I can get more kills. So for me corpses = bait.

I found an akitten guy one time, killed him three or four times and he was killed by other people at least once. That defeated sign is a great lure.
edit: apparently away from keyboard is censored for the f and k….