Dear T8 friends from HoD,

in WvW

Posted by: Dobri.9804

Dobri.9804

My name is Dobri, I am from the FDM Guild on Ferguson’s Crossing, I have started playing GW2 in January 2013, and I play WvW with various characters: Taerima, Dobchan, Xeona Shadow, Bormashinata, etc. (just for reference)

I understand how you feel. Having that wicked sense of being double teamed is terrible on a number of levels. It is disheartening, it dampens the spirits, it destroys morale, it makes you shove the game in the drawer, de-install it, and go play something else because there are tons of good games out there too. No one needs such frustration. People play games for fun, not to get humiliated. Believe me, I have been there. And I have stories to tell.

FC was the worst server for a long time. I remember that we weren’t able to get out of our own citadel for days and days in a row because we were summarily ganked by Eredon Terrace and Sorrow’s Furnace. I remember seeing FC’s current score in WvW as a single digit – even a 0! I remember ending a day with single digit WvW bonuses for PvE, barely past Artisan. I remember not being able to kill a yak in our borderland without a few players from ET and/or SF guarding it and looking for easy badges and kills. I remember being reduced to ninja-ing camps, just to see them flipped over just a minute later, in essence not even close affecting the WvW score.

And one more, my worst memory ever. I remember trying to kill a guard in FC BL, when I was zerged by 5-6 SF players from the same guild who downed me, intentionally let me rally, downed me again, let me rally, downed me again, and after the next rally, finally killed me. The closest analogy to that is a cat, playing with a crippled mouse and enjoying its agony. You can imagine how terrible that is. If that isn’t going to break someone’s spirit and make him swear off WvW or even the game itself, then nothing will.

HoD is a great server. I have guested on it quite a bunch of times when FC’s times were bad to do some dungeons and open waypoints in areas that no FC foot was willing to step (mainly cause I am EU and during my daytime the server looked like a desert, even LA), it has spirit, and your LA is full of helpful people. It is also much better populated than FC or ET, and is surely full of people who can make a difference.

I sincerely ask of you guys – rally, and come back strong next week. I am sure you can do better than to go on a strike. You have good commanders, and you have good WvWers and PvPers. It is never over till it’s over. I am an FC guy. I know that. I saw that. I lived it.

Please do the honorable thing and come back strong. We will welcome you back and give you a good fight.

Looking forward to new match-ups with you folks,
Dobri

Attachments:

Taerima (Dungeon Guardian), Xeona Shadow (Thief), Dobchan (Ranger)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ3rXeSXZ4w
Fergie, and proud!

in WvW

Posted by: FearTheAmish.8730

FearTheAmish.8730

good show here, honor thy enemy.

AmishDriveby Asura Necro [GH]

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

only since january? I was in kaineg during those earlier days before they moved up tiers due to influx of players, yea, it was amazing to even get 15players in one map zone back then, and back then the funny thing was that FC was the zerg server then. But it’s nice to see a fellow t8 server still going strong. I’m on ET now, its great here.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

HoD is giving up again, in t8? Man those free-transfer bandwagoners really hurt their overall morale when things got challenging.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

in WvW

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Just a correction.. FC was never the worst server. We were ranked dead last for a while. But we certainly were not the worst server.

Proud to be FC.

in WvW

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

I can promise you one thing. Every night from 7ish-10ish eastern time there will be a small group of proud wvwers trying to flip what we can, and out run the zergs. Just do us a favor and don’t run straight for the siege in the towers or wait for the blob before giving us a hug first.

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

Maybe they’re just checking out the new Southsun Cove content.

in WvW

Dobri.9804

Of course, as we aren’t doing it all… HoD has higher population than FC and ET and I see nothing that merits their strike… I just hope they will be back next week. 1 vs 1 is no fun, ANet made it WvWvW for a reason.

Fergie, and proud!

in WvW

Posted by: Spica.9308

Spica.9308

Why so much complaining after HoD won for two weeks and had the chance to reverse this match-up if they actually tried? If there’s one to complain it should be us ETs for being stuck in Last Place for so long.

Comparison:

FC – http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/48/#history We were both stuck with SF for 13 weeks of Hell. (Due to the Glicko Issues)

HoD – http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/28/34#history We fell down at the same time from T1 to T7 and T8. Let’s say we both experience that too. Our servers lost almost 80-90% of the population. We even met with SF along the way. (Due to Free transfers) http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/history/10#NA ( How the hell did these guys end up in Tier 8 anyway? )

ET – http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/30/10#history ETs Drop from Tier 1-2 down to the “Bottom” of Tier 8. We spent 3 weeks being slaughtered by the “New” Kainengs. 13 Weeks massacred by SF. Our server mates left us for HoD. We won 1 time vs GoM with our new Agg friends then they recruited people and left.

Then HoD dropped to T8 with a lot of fired up Ex ETs wanting revenge in every possible way. They golem rush everything that’s ET day in and day out. Then after HoD left we get a lot of angry and mean Fergies taking our stuff “Again” all day. We were the easiest of course and both servers have deep grudges against us. HoD is just the strongest and the most populated (ET Population is only Very High due to new players starting out in game and a lot of PVE people) that’s why we made efforts to avoid each other as much as possible since we would always lose base on WvW population alone HoD gets like 500+ PPT if left unchecked. We were just shocked they took a holiday this week.

(edited by Spica.9308)

in WvW

Dobri.9804

OMG, those freaking weeks of hell… I couldn’t have put it better. For 9 weeks in a row, FC was the bottom feeder, and lots of good players went off to look for “greener” pastures (pun intended), and even more just reverted to the good old PvE, cause WvW meant being summarily slaughtered as soon as you leave your Citadel. This is what I meant by saying that FC was the worst server. I, personally, don’t like to fool myself that we weren’t. Nevertheless, that made every single victory that much sweeter, and quite honestly, I remember most of those victories – like 7 ppl with 4 arrow carts defending garrison vs. 30+ ET zerg in the last mins before reset and pushing them back; or capturing SM from SF – or even the time when we kicked SF in the rear end in another battle for SM just to see ET stealing the prize from us.

However, I am certain that many people who didn’t leave are more than pleased by the way things are going now. I just hope HoD will find the same resolve to drive them back up the rankings.

Fergie, and proud!

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

HoD’ll find the backbone. Hell, we did. And I got into Ferg (and WvW) fresh outta SoS in the old DR/Kain days. No Roidrazer to crack a tower open for you, then … hell, 0-15 PPT days were a daily thing, it was a Good Day when you saw a red tower, tbh.

With that said, power it up, HoD – I’ve been enjoying how even our little matchup is, don’t disappoint me.

Regarding Spica’s comments:
1. You’ve only recently become Red (again). And you bleeding well made us fight to push you back down there.
2. I know of no “grudge” between our guys and ET – the most issue we tend to have is that some of your lot got a little forum-kittensure when you put us to 24th for a while.
As for me, that just fanned the flames – get us outta Red, then keep aiming higher.
Let us be honest, here. You’ll focus-fire us, when we’re having an off week. Same with HoD, this week. It’s merely the nature of the beast.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

+1 for this entire thread. I can’t wait to QQ about HoD zergs over TS.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in WvW

Posted by: Woodycooks.7152

Woodycooks.7152

it doesn’t help that on HoD last night there was more of our commanders chewing each other out instead of leading. a few of our better commanders have jumped ship and gone to GoM. Another of our better guilds with better commanders jumped ship to DH. the original core of HoD isn’t on HoD anymore. Hell, i was playing wvw on HoD since launch when we were #1 server and everyone jumped ship to Jade Quarry. More recently, we got an influx of people with free transfers and lost most of our best people at the same time. Now i hear people on my server are boycotting wvw… /sigh. I said i’d never just jump ship like so many others but honestly, i dont want to be associated with QQing boycotting, sore losers. It has nothing to do with the low scores or double digit potentials. If this trend continues, i dont know how much more i can take.

You are right though, we need to rally and not boycott wvw.

here’s to next week! cheers. clink

in WvW

Dobri.9804

I can assure you, when FC hit the bottom and stayed there for 9 weeks, it was pretty much the same – there was more petty bickering than actual WvWing, while SF & ET were rampaging through our lands.

Many people left, and I would lie if I say I didn’t thought of doing so too, but I couldn’t bring myself to leave my friends at FDM. So I stayed and now I am glad I did.

Every server goes through ups and downs. It is quite normal. There is no need for the players of HoD to jump ship just yet. Do your best to stay strong and positive – and keep in mind that it is the victories against overwhelming odds that people remember – not a 5 man party killing an upleveled toon.

Fergie, and proud!

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

I can assure you, when FC hit the bottom and stayed there for 9 weeks, it was pretty much the same – there was more petty bickering than actual WvWing, while SF & ET were rampaging through our lands.

Many people left, and I would lie if I say I didn’t thought of doing so too, but I couldn’t bring myself to leave my friends at FDM. So I stayed and now I am glad I did.

Every server goes through ups and downs. It is quite normal. There is no need for the players of HoD to jump ship just yet. Do your best to stay strong and positive – and keep in mind that it is the victories against overwhelming odds that people remember – not a 5 man party killing an upleveled toon.

Even I left for a while ;_;

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: atomicjellybean.5389

atomicjellybean.5389

You double teaming uncultured swines!

Jk… Oh well, you guys will have to fight each other sooner or later

Owner of PHAZE {PHZE}
Commander Atomicjellybean
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

FC and ET is fighting each other every morning I can assure you that.
FC suddenly have a huge show up these 3 weeks and been really fun for me killing and getting killed.
It’s the truth we been focusing more on hod BL for the this week.

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

like 7 ppl with 4 arrow carts defending garrison vs. 30+ ET zerg in the last mins before reset and pushing them back

30+ ET Zerg? Nope. Sorry, I get that you want to sympathize or whatever, but the reality is, ET even on our best times could barely break 20, much less 30, not to mention that we were vastly over powered by SF, so to even entertain sending that kind of force to FC BL would be pure fantasy,

Even if we even had that many on the field, we would have been focusing on making our own borders.. ours again. So, not to burst too many bubbles but going full force after FC like that was simply not possible thanks to SF’s indomitable presence on the field.

The reality is, HoD has opted to do whatever, and that is what they will do. I don’t believe they boycotted anything.

Like many on ET, they are, I hope enjoying South Sun cove and realize that WvW is just an enjoyable distraction, and if this week they want to crab toss as opposed to camp flip, then there is nothing wrong with that, I know I have been spending a lit more time in PvE thanks to the Flame&Frost and now Southsun, and I am not alone.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

I ran with FC for the first 6 months that i played the game. Loved the WZ Guild. Then I wanted map completion and, frankly, just got tired of getting curb-stomped every week for months on end. I paid the price and moved up a tier to HoD for several weeks, and then ran with GoM for awhile. For about the last month or so, I’ve been on SF.

I have to say that in all my time on WvW, I’ve not really noticed that much difference in tactics between different worlds….

WvW is really and truly a numbers game. Sad but true. Tactics plays very little role — and those that believe that they are winning because they are better organized are just fooling themselves. Those with the greatest numbers win in WvW. Every time. Period.

It really is that simple. This is due to the structure of the Maps. Anet, when designing the Maps had to assume that participation would be equal among the Worlds week to week, day to day, hour to hour. How could they have done otherwise?

We who play the game however, know this to not be the case.

If 24 or 36 hours after a re-set you see that your world is going to loose that week, what do you do? Other things is what. You may still WvW — but you will spend just a little more time on Sunday doing other things, and a lot more time doing other things by Thursday. The introduction of Laurels hasn’t helped WvW any.

These “other things” add up to lower population involvement, which statistically leads to lopsided victories between the 1st and 3rd place worlds. This is almost always the case each and every week. About the only time I’ve ever seen a World dramatically improve could be attributed to transfers. in fact, I’d go so far as to say that I’ve never seen it to be otherwise.

Do I have an answer? No. But I also don’t fool myself into believing that things will ever change IF THE MAPS STAY THE SAME. I still enjoy WvW, and do it daily. But WvW is not anywhere close to what Anet, or we the players, had envisioned that it would be.

in WvW

Dobri.9804

I personally disagree that tactics don’t play a role. Sending an enemy zerg on a wild goose chase while capping something where the enemy doesn’t expect you to strike is very enjoyable. I get that many servers are just way too used to having enormous zergs, but in the lower tiers, it is much less so. It is here where tactics do manage to win battles. When a server has good map coverage, of course you will feel that numbers win wars. Being an SF you know that darn well – cause when you outnumber your pitiful ET and FC opponents 2 to 1 (combined), then your victory is very much in the cards. However, when you have to play against similar numbers, things get different.

As for the zerg, Ungood, I may have over exaggerated a bit, but when you see a vast sea of red names when the door gets destroyed, you hardly have a time to pause the game and start counting. However, I am darn sure it was over 20, cause the names were stretching from the gate to the ledge. Anyways, no need to quibble about past events, I was just giving an example why people shouldn’t get disheartened when things don’t go their way.

Fergie, and proud!

in WvW

Posted by: Scleameth.6809

Scleameth.6809

From my time zone’s point of view:

Well I really thought that HoD went away on a PvE break with the Southsun content and it never occurred to me that people are transferring or boycotting WvW.
From my point of view and I’m sure 99% of the players that are online with me there is no team effort going against HoD. Since I’ve played WvW FC has never been green which means that a large number of players only got their map completion this week when we owned the green keep (including me!!). To wait for map completion this long is agonising and you better be sure that when we get the chance we’re going to take it.

There have been numerous unsuccessful pushes on green keep and red keep. More success with red keep because historically all the green servers we faced were just loaded with numbers. But FC and ET are always in combat. ET is always pushing on the Ogre camp, Umberglade and Durios Tower just as HoD is always pushing on Heyleck, Danelon and Quinten tower.

Please keep in mind that FC (and I’m sure ET) are for the first time in months part of a competitive battle in WvW. That might mean that we’re focussing our efforts more on green since we actually can for a change, but it does not mean that we’re intent on ignoring each other to team up against HoD.
FC is at a space now where our communication is very good and reaction times to send people between maps is fast. We don’t have zergs and zergs. We just mobilize fast and react as best we can. It seems that we’re doing a good job of it if ET and HoD think we have many zergs all over the place.

HoD, please don’t loose heart or focus on your WvW efforts and keep on keepin’ on. If you suddenly find yourself in a place where you need to rebuild, just keep in mind that both FC and ET had to do the same many times over.

Keep the faith.

FC – [SNKY]
Keep the Faith (and stay out of AC fire)

in WvW

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

They are on strike? Is that why they are so far behind? I wont pretend Im not a bit glad, cause being green, for enough time to finish WvW map completion would be nice, but honestly, as a FC player, I have enjoyed HoD being here. Even if we arent in first, having a more balanced match up is nice. When SF was around, it was just about hiding in our BL until they started poking us, but now EB is the center of attention, and Stone Mist is not guaranteed to be owned by any one team anymore. Im having more fun in WvW than I could have hoped, even before the winning.

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

They are on strike? Is that why they are so far behind?

I would wager that South Sun had more to do with it then any strike or anything like that.

They just pulled to Blue, and if they really push it, they might be able to take back Green by the week end. I think that would be totally wild if they pulled that off.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Dobri.9804

This is not possible even in theory. Currently FC has a rating of 931, HOD has 909 and ET is at 906. This means they have to regain 11 pts of rating and in the same time FC to lose just as much for no reason. I doubt this can be done in a day before the reset.

At least after a long time, FC can enjoy green for a change.

Fergie, and proud!

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

Hey guys ~ Thanks for the kind words, I honestly came into this thread expecting some kind of rage post or something.

Fighting ET and FC has been wonderful, I personally find the match-up very balanced and the fights are always great. I’m sure many other HoD’s feel the same, especially those that appreciate the small fights.

This week I took a break for PvE shiny things and to finish gearing my alts. I feel that the absence of HoD this week is a mix of people doing the PvE things and probably getting tired in general. I know that sometimes I’m just exhausted from wvw, and even though I don’t believe there is a double team on HoD you do have to admit that both servers give us a lot of attention. It’s gets exhausting. Understandable, as green is the obvious target, but tiring none-the-less.

As a side note, I can’t speak for everyone on HoD but I myself am in college and this has been my finals week, so making it online has been scarce.

I do hope to see people out there in the field these next weeks. If you see someone running around spamming Dolyak tonics during fights that’s probably me. After all, this is tier 8, let’s just have fun ~

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Dobri.9804

A green shirt is never easy to keep unless you have overwhelming numbers. I am sure all of us in FC will find out now. It pretty much paints a bulls-eye on your keeps and camps cause everyone wants to be green. However I am sure that our commanders are up to the challenge.

Fergie, and proud!