"Death" in WvW should be more significant.

in WvW

Posted by: BloodyPanda.6789

BloodyPanda.6789

I really think when a player die in WvW there should be some waiting time before he can wp back again. Maybe like a 1 minute delay before you can wp back to spawn. The reason I think this is better idea because it give death more penalty, especially during a squad fight people will consider more tactically instead of just charging in and die and instantly wp and run back less in a minute. I seen so many more organized squad winning a fight wiping half of enemy but eventually lost because they are close to enemy spawn point. This will make winning and losing larger squad fight more skill base significant, because losing will actually require the squad to regroup and organize before moving out instead of just keep spawning like waves of zombies. Also this makes reviving people more meaningful and can actually be part important part in after battle. Any thoughts on this?

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

What are you talking about? First, they have to run back to the fight, which is in and of itself a major cost to the fight. Second, you want people to be even more gutless than they are now, hiding on walls and avoiding fights at all costs until they have numerical advantage?

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I don’t think that this idea would be a deterrent to waves of zombies at all.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

… But then I can’t get mah loot!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I know, I know…! Upon death you not only have to wait a minute in a time-out box but your participation level starts to decay immediately! And because ANet doesn’t deal in half measures but always goes full kneejerk nerf you also lose a participation level every time you die! /sarcasm

Seriously though I think the current system is fine.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

I think players should get a stacking -1% movement speed off their base movement speed for every death, until they reach a minimum of 1% base movement speed. We very well couldn’t drop this 0% and root people in place, now that would suck wouldn’t it.

That should be much more tactical, and it would help give some extra time to those walking back from spawn to, as a great commander once put it – “think about what they did wrong”. The stack would reset with the daily timer. Of course we aren’t savages, swiftness boon will not count under in this penalty, boon sharing is caring. :P

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: K THEN.5162

K THEN.5162

1 minute?!? That would literally be the final nail in the coffin for this game mode XD Though I do agree that there should be more penalty for death but maybe it involves losing 5 supply or something rather than being taken out of the game

Elementally Challenged Asuran Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

For the next wvw event week I think it would be interesting if every character in wvw had one life. You die in wvw on that character and you’re locked out of WvW for the rest of the week on that toon.

It would make for an interesting week.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I really think when a player die in WvW there should be some waiting time before he can wp back again. Maybe like a 1 minute delay before you can wp back to spawn. The reason I think this is better idea because it give death more penalty, especially during a squad fight people will consider more tactically instead of just charging in and die and instantly wp and run back less in a minute. I seen so many more organized squad winning a fight wiping half of enemy but eventually lost because they are close to enemy spawn point. This will make winning and losing larger squad fight more skill base significant, because losing will actually require the squad to regroup and organize before moving out instead of just keep spawning like waves of zombies. Also this makes reviving people more meaningful and can actually be part important part in after battle. Any thoughts on this?

My thoughts… This idea is a waste of time. Having to respawn and run back is penalty enough. Let’s come up with ideas that actually improve wvw, not make it more annoying.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

More often than not I am constantly wondering if some of the people who post suggestions on these forums even play this game mode. Has everyone left WvW and this is what has taken over?

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

For the next wvw event week I think it would be interesting if every character in wvw had one life. You die in wvw on that character and you’re locked out of WvW for the rest of the week on that toon.

Interesting as in seeing what an old t8 matchup with no players would look like these days? or interesting to see everyone holed up in a structure firing acs at anyone passing by?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

That’s a different game…

in WvW

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Call of Guildy 2 ?

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

I like the way it is now. Stop giving bad ideas to anet. They have enough to handle without terrible suggestions such as this. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Ermm….

Let’s get rid of the carebear protections and make it such that every death, there is a chance you will drop one gear you are wearing, this include legendary and ascended.

Eh, that will be too much, sorry =(

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

That’s a different game…

I’d love that idea actually, but Sarika is right, that’s not going to work for a week-long match. It might work for a different map on a shorter timer, something like EotM.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Any thoughts on this?

No… is my only thought, just no. Fights need to be encouraged, not discouraged.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Strages.2950

Strages.2950

Short answer, no.

(Why are people proposing such blatantly ridiculous ideas as of late?)

in WvW

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

Short answer, no.

(Why are people proposing such blatantly ridiculous ideas as of late?)

Do you want the painfully true answer? Because most of the players who wanted skillful, engaging, combative PvP have left the game over the last year or so. It’s not a fun answer and it makes me sad.

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

WElcome to the wvsw community…its like reddit except they actually play the gamemode they talk about. Making the discussion ENDLESSLY FRUSTRATING.

There should be more penalty for dying…..but you know you won’t find any worthwhile discussion here on it lol. We had this same discussion against rallying multiple members off single targets…..everyone seems to have such a short memory of that. MOST WERE against making it 1 rally per 1 target for the same reasons I’m seeing here.

It creates less fights? It would make as many fights as it takes away….and more meaningful fights would create more progression on enemy objectives which in turn would create a higher skill floor involving coordination and communication. Once you have that higher skillfloor you no longer need as many instant rez/rallly skills.

The community is very stubborn and full of the need to prove that they are not like pve players. So anyone saying anything that could be taken to be “you hate fighting” is perceived as negative….and the bandwagon takes over and people just lineup like lemmings and start voicing eachothers opinions. Why? cause it makes them feel like they belong somewhere.

This is why the community has no power over the gamemode. And this is why the gamemode will only get worse, not better, as time progresses. Its a community that wants change but is averse to trying change….its pretty hilarious to many other communities out there.

I’ll give you guys a hint here if you really want fights: Get a zerg together on comms, move infront of an enemy spawn….and enjoy. Endless fights right there. Oh but wait….YOU CANT DO THAT! Because some kitten out there said its wrong to do that lol.
Face it, everyone knows the unspoken rules of the game exist to keep the game from getting stale. Its frowned upon to fight infront of spawn because its fighting 24/7 on an endless loop. YOu would get bored of it too soon if you did it. But if fights are really that boring…and you are averse to changing the system to make them more meaningful…..well then you pretty much are responsible for whatever misery you create in the game lol.

This is why MAG and other ‘taboo’ worlds are so admirable. They change the rules to suit their own purposes. The fact it infuriates alot of you is just icing on the cake.

If you want more fights, you already have the power to create more….so don’t go forcing them down other peoples throats all the time at the expense of the actual gamemode, ok? Its ruuuude and selfish.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Can we please have suggestions that improve WvW and not deter people from it? This is just silly and locks people out of having fun. It’s already a penalty enough having to run back, repair armor and knowing your enemy just bested you.

This is a definite no on this subject.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

It creates less fights? It would make as many fights as it takes away.

If you consider what the OP wrote on its own merits instead of what others’ responses are, you’d see that the OP thinks his idea would lessen waves of zombies coming out near a spawn. It wouldn’t. There would still be waves of zombies because it is near spawn and the only delay would occur initially before the first wave. In other words, this suggestion doesn’t create a reason for players to group up and organize first before trying to push out, which is what OP hopes for: better group organization. Moreover, there is nothing stopping players right now from grouping up to organize better from spawn. Additionally, this would do nothing for organized groups, especially outside of spawn areas. If they lose a fight, they’ll respawn. If they win a fight, they’ll rez their dead.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

i wouldn’t be able to function in life because my knuckles would be mangled from punching my keyboard into oblivion

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE