Death message

Death message

in WvW

Posted by: ZenVenom.7214

ZenVenom.7214

Suggestion…

in wvw, in 1v1 or relatively small fights, there should be a message saying who killed who

when a player dies, either from dps or ‘finish him’, there can be a message in ‘say’ area of both players like this:

Xxx Xxxxx(guild) was killed/slayed/destroyed by Yyy Yyyyy(guild), in Xxx Xxxxx player’s ‘say chat’
and
Yyy Yyyyy(guild) has killed/slayed/destroyed Xxx Xxxxx(guild), in Yyy Yyyyy player’s ‘say chat’

in the case that YY kills XX

in order to avoid spaming in zerg fights, this message should pop only when 1 player deals at least 75% of the damage needed to kill the enemy player

Death message

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Are you dying in 1v1s and not knowing who killed you?

Death message

in WvW

Posted by: Supreme.4051

Supreme.4051

Why do you think looking back in the combat log isn’t informative enough?

Death message

in WvW

Posted by: Aloer.1790

Aloer.1790

’Cause what we lack is server info that transforms into lag. #NoTHX

Aloer ~ Elementalist
~ Seafarer’s Rest ~

Death message

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I think he wants to be sure that when he losses 1 vs 1 fight, that it wasn’t an invisible Thief backstabbing him constantly.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Death message

in WvW

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

I think he wants to be sure that when he losses 1 vs 1 fight, that it wasn’t an invisible Thief backstabbing him constantly.

Strangely enough, this also shows up in the combat log.

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

Death message

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

And if that Thief has to backstab him “constantly”, he’s clearly playing the Thief class wrong. So wrong. I really just want to write the word “wrong” about 40 more times here, but it’s already off-topic. lol

But yeah, I have no idea what this would really accomplish, if Anet decided to have this info pop-up on screen or in the combat logs or wherever. Please do not consider this.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Death message

in WvW

Posted by: Ptolemy.5086

Ptolemy.5086

That is horrible idea. I can see a lot of ppl sending pm’s and running around looking for that XXYY player who just kill them. Wonna know who kill you try to invite and ask for duel. Personally i ignore any requests from anyone not on my server. Red is dead.

Death message

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Unless he’s already fighting another Thief of the same rank 1 vs 1. Then he would want to know which Thief did the damage. Hard to understand the Combat Log when all you see is “Backstab…. Backstab…. Backstab… Heartseeker x 10”.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!