Deathly Chill too strong in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: parsweb.6207

parsweb.6207

This is meant to be just a reminder, to whats clear und obvious to anyone playing WvW.

As to quote the February 22nd patch:

“Deathly Chill: Increased bleed stacks to 3 for 5 seconds in PvE only.”

Well it changed the trait for WvW too.
One necro applying 20-40 bleed in incredibly short amounts of time when running the right build (which is only accessible in WvW/Pve) is way too much power for someone there to corrupt boons and apply soft cc/weakness. Ofc this multiplies with more necros in the enemy team, making condi nec about every third class i see in small scale AND zerg gameplay.
If you dont believe me, look for yt vids about the case (there is this guy which keeps on uploading vids titled: “reminder that deathly chill is broken” with him bursting grps of enemies without any effor), ask in WvW team chat whats the strongest Grandmaster trait in the game, or ask any dedicated WvW player, and they’ll all tell you the same:

Deathly chill breaks WvW.

(for any l2p suggestions, the condi nec issue forces any build i create to spec for maximum condition cleanse, just in case im fighting another condi nec, this is neither fun nor balanced, and is way too much effect on the entire game mode, applied by one spec/class)

So again the reminder: Pls fix the deathly chill trait in WvW, and make it apply to Pve only as stated.

(edited by parsweb.6207)

in WvW

Posted by: GrackFields.7805

GrackFields.7805

Skills are only split for spvp. Everything else falls under one category.

There was recently a reddit post with over 500 post about how necros suck, basically. I never read much of it because I couldn’t comprehend the arguments being made. A necro catches you off guard in WvW and you can be near insta dead if you don’t have big condi removal at your disposal. Not even your resistance is safe. I think necros have been very strong for a while.

(edited by GrackFields.7805)

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

The only reason why Necros are great in WvW is because of all the support they get from teammates.

If you wanted to down a single player in a WvW zerg you’d still pick the Necro over any other class.

in WvW

parsweb.6207

This is not true. Some examples:
Epidemic won’t effect targets with resistance in WvW only.
Retaliation uses spvp numbers on dmg, not pve.

There is some more i have no 100% proof of, but afaik True shot and Gunflame got nerfed in wvw only by 20% some time ago.

On necro: It would be problematic if a “full dmg built” nec would deal alot of condition dmg, but it’s full tanks building trailblazer and still having that much burst dmg.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Necro Main here. The buff to deathly chill definitely allowed necros to roam more and kept them from being free bags. I agree that 3 stacks of bleed might be too much. But nerfing it to pre buff levels doesn’t solve it either.

Taking it back to what is was in November 2015 would be a good swap.

At worst, 2 stacks of bleed would be better.

Now, it only underscores the issue with the lack of a condi cap. 25 stacks of most condi will hit hard. This goes for burning poison as well.

Maybe if there were a way to remove the condi cap on anything with a break bar? Therefore the raiders and people on champ trains etc still get their DPS?

Of course, then there are banners like centaur, turtle…..

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

If you want free condi necro bags, roll Daredevil.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Or Druid…,

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well necros lack, mobility, stability and stun break so they really can’t even hit you. Of course if you follow commander and run middle of enemy zerg you kind of deserve die.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Or Druid…,

100% can confirm. Mained one before my thief

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Magolith.9412

Magolith.9412

I do think Deathly Chill is too strong (at least, in small groups), but I wouldn’t nerf the number of bleed stacks. I just think they should be applied after the chill application, not before.

It’s too difficult to clear the bleeds when you don’t have a “clear all”, especially if you get CC’d in a spin to win w/o a stunbreak. More than 1 condi necro and it’s near impossible if you can’t quickly shut them down at the same time you’re being pressured by other enemies.

I ended up changing my build to stack as much condi duration reduction as I can get in the hope I stay alive long enough to shed the junk condis then clear bleeds. I’ve kitten myself a little against other fights, but w/ the amount of condi in the game now, I guess it’s the only option.

[WS] Mesmer Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Just fix the thing that applies 8-9 seconds of chill on me in 1 attack. Whether they stack expertise or not…..its Just too much. I mean if they are using chill duration specific increase on sigils and food….I can live with it at 8-9 seconds, since thats quite the sink, but they aint.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Yup, it is OP but I have to admit I really enjoy playing with this thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Or Druid…,

It’s OP but this huge list of classes can beat it. #ForumLogic

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

There was recently a reddit post with over 500 post about how necros suck, basically. I never read much of it because I couldn’t comprehend the arguments being made. A necro catches you off guard in WvW and you can be near insta dead if you don’t have big condi removal at your disposal. Not even your resistance is safe. I think necros have been very strong for a while.

It was about power reaper. They absolutely gutted the shroud-based power build. It’s still easier to shut down than ever and it wasn’t overpowered/was fair strength to begin with. The condi build is untouched regarding WvW for the most part, though it did get hit by the VP nerf in sPvP since dire/tb gear doesn’t exist and they lose shroud just as quick as power. The patch was supposed to make power a lot better since it was already under-performing. Instead they took away its durability, corruption, mobility, consistency, utility options, and nerfed its damage by like 12% lol. That’s why people complained, and it’s still not very good.

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Or Druid…,

My videos here disagree.

reaper Vs daredevil

reaper vs Druid lb staff

reaper vs Druid lb x

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

(edited by EremiteAngel.9765)

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

deadly chill itself is not strong what make it strong is how meta fight most battle are done in 30 second interval means most of nerco CD come up everytime they do short trade. an yes it is a big burst of dmg. but only do big burst once every 30 seconds is that OP?. no that just simply knowing your match up.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnaza.4029

Ragnaza.4029

Well Zergfights may be “somewhat” balanced against a Necro, since you´ll get alot more cleanses from your team. The problem arises in small-scale roaming environments, where button-spamming shouts with Rune of the Reaper and going into shroud (auto-traits Hydromancy) alone stacks more then 25 bleeding along with all the other abilities applying chill. A profession or well, spec, that´s focused on corrupting, denying boons and holding condition pressure while building as tanky as possible shouldnt be allowed to instakill enemies, which is only accessible to high-full dmg specs/professions building with low defenses, eitherways.
To throw in some numbers, permanently creating ~3-5 conditions with 10 s base duration (goes for most corrupted boons) alone is strong, having ~10 bleeding tick meanwhile would be nice and somewhat healthy pressure, but instead it is 30 and forces you to spam all the condition cleases humanly possible to not die in 3-5 seconds.

Yea Reapers 1v1s maybe are not the greatest, but what do you expect from a, somewhat supportive build. The amount of counterplay against it is plain, like, as in hardcounter or die.

in WvW

parsweb.6207

It’s not about creating a 1v1 scenario in which the Condireaper loses, every1 havin decent knowledge about the game is able to do that.
Just those builds shouldnt be the only one being able to play WvW, just in case another condi Nec (as mentioned before, most popular class and spec in smallscale/large scale) walks by.

Also for those you didnt know: Transfering chill stacks (up to 5) as a reaper via f.ex. epidemic, staff #4, plague signet, etc. also triggers the deathly chill trait and adds up to 15 bleed stacks on top of what the nec had.

I agree just plain out nerfing the number of bleed stacks could make condi nec too weak, but there are many ways to think about how it could get nerfed, i’d just love some communication by the WvW balance team, leaving that gamebreaking bug in game for 6months without saying anything makes me , and a large part of the WvW community really sad.