Dedicated EOTM Roamers

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: fufu.8345

fufu.8345

This is the best we’re going to get and that’s the bottom line… No PPT that matters, No stale server match ups, interesting map with avenues of attack. I’m too excited for this!

Siafu [Fu]
Sylvari Mesmer
Blackgate Henge of Denravi Borlis Pass Crystal Desert Fort Aspenwood

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

PPT doesnt matter, EoTM or no EoTM doesnt change that. A new map filled with pve mobs sounds amazing for pvp… oh wait, not really that much.

Time will tell I guess. Everything else ANET has done has been absolute garbage, I guess I lost my hope somewhere along the way.

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

fufu.8345

PPT doesnt matter, EoTM or no EoTM doesnt change that. A new map filled with pve mobs sounds amazing for pvp… oh wait, not really that much.

Time will tell I guess. Everything else ANET has done has been absolute garbage, I guess I lost my hope somewhere along the way.

PPT is perceptive, so you nor I can say if it matters or not. For this next LS story update for which it will contain PVE in WVW, I understand the lack of enthusiasm that’s why I didn’t put it in my comment… Furthermore from your answer I can tell what can of WVW player you are. So goodbye.

Siafu [Fu]
Sylvari Mesmer

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Ancient Ranger.3276

Ancient Ranger.3276

Finally EoTM! I can roam and not get killed by a zerg and kill NPC’s YAY!!!!
That was sarcasm I thought EoTM was suppose to be the place to try new things out for WvW and if they worked well implement them in WvW not implement PvE in WvW.

Éleura Elementalist’s on YB
Elementalist
#Ele

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

fufu.8345

Finally EoTM! I can roam and not get killed by a zerg and kill NPC’s YAY!!!!
That was sarcasm I thought EoTM was suppose to be the place to try new things out for WvW and if they worked well implement them in WvW not implement PvE in WvW.

Well that was foreshadowed but never was concrete. Edge of the mist is a zone that is an overflow for WVW, not a “testing area” but some of the aspects of this zone “could” transition over to “actual” WVW realms. Since you’re here and making a comment like that, it seems that you’re confused so the above sentence is for you’re clarification.

Siafu [Fu]
Sylvari Mesmer

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

They did say they were trying new things in EOTM

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Default.4015

Default.4015

Free PvEer loot bags for the first couple weeks. After that its a map where you no longer have to look for fights during off hours or kill the stragglers off of zergs just to find someone outside of a blob/tower. The fact that all servers will be feeding into this maps population means no stale matchups and no ppt to draw huge zergs. Just a place for small groups/soloers to run around and play for the fights. Should be a lot of fun if roamers use this map to fight against one another away from the zergs that usually ruin fights.

Awakened [KoM]

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

It is a testing area, fulled with mobs and for the first weeks also PvErs noobs… can’t wait…

The things I really don’t like are :

1) There will be buffs/debuffs in certain areas
2) It will be a skyhammer 2
3) PvEr’s zergs will farm night and day
4) Too many mobs

Well, I will try it but I don’t hold my breath for this, we already have OS where we can have real fights against real people

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

fufu.8345

It is a testing area, fulled with mobs and for the first weeks also PvErs noobs… can’t wait…

The things I really don’t like are :

1) There will be buffs/debuffs in certain areas
2) It will be a skyhammer 2
3) PvEr’s zergs will farm night and day
4) Too many mobs

Well, I will try it but I don’t hold my breath for this, we already have OS where we can have real fights against real people

1) I think they might have tone down the defensive debuffs in guarding territories but not certain about it.

2) I think its adds new skill dynamics to fights on small scale battles. The most annoying aspect to that SPVP map is the glass you can fall through, and the cliffs are fine IMO.

3) For the first LS weeks yes, but after that it would be pointless for them. Since PVD is much easier in “real” WVW.

4) I wasn’t invited to play EOTM sadly but from what I’ve seen from videos it doesn’t seem to be cluttered with PVE.

Also OS for lower tier servers is dead space, and it “doesn’t” provide real fights lmao. Open world PVP/WVW is “real” fights that don’t include a /bow.

Siafu [Fu]
Sylvari Mesmer

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

fufu.8345

Free PvEer loot bags for the first couple weeks. After that its a map where you no longer have to look for fights during off hours or kill the stragglers off of zergs just to find someone outside of a blob/tower. The fact that all servers will be feeding into this maps population means no stale matchups and no ppt to draw huge zergs. Just a place for small groups/soloers to run around and play for the fights. Should be a lot of fun if roamers use this map to fight against one another away from the zergs that usually ruin fights.

Well said! I know there is more out there that share this same philosophy, or at least I hope so.

Siafu [Fu]
Sylvari Mesmer

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

My thoughts exactly. Should be great fun for small groups/solo roamers.

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

I really hope ANet doesn’t ruin this

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

There are no PvE mobs in EotM at all, save for the occasional sentry, guards, and of course the objective champions (keep lords, etc).

Now, I suppose there are a few aetherblades in there for the introduction of the map, but they’ll be gone in a few weeks.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Nabrok.9023

There are no PvE mobs in EotM at all, save for the occasional sentry, guards, and of course the objective champions (keep lords, etc).

Now, I suppose there are a few aetherblades in there for the introduction of the map, but they’ll be gone in a few weeks.

You didn’t mention the other PvE events that allow you to gain buffs for your side. There are also a lot of other types of mobs running around such as words, etc.

Well, you see, everything is a PvE event in some way. Capturing a keep, tower, supply camp, those could all be considered PvE events. I have (jokingly) described WvW as “PvE with other players trying to stop you.”

When people say they have a problem with “PvE in WvW”, they don’t really mean they have a problem with events in WvW … WvW is all events. They have a problem with the way some of these Living Story events have been implemented, which I agree has been handled rather badly.

The new events in EotM have been designed as WvW events though (not just events from PvE maps copy/pasted in), and I believe they fit in well in a competitive environment.

All classes

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I’d like to thank all the people playing Edge of the Mist exclusively for keeping us safe from Scarlet. That’s a load off our minds.

Gate of Madness

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You didn’t mention the other PvE events that allow you to gain buffs for your side. There are also a lot of other types of mobs running around such as words, etc.

Well, you see, everything is a PvE event in some way. Capturing a keep, tower, supply camp, those could all be considered PvE events. I have (jokingly) described WvW as “PvE with other players trying to stop you.”

When people say they have a problem with “PvE in WvW”, they don’t really mean they have a problem with events in WvW … WvW is all events. They have a problem with the way some of these Living Story events have been implemented, which I agree has been handled rather badly.

The new events in EotM have been designed as WvW events though (not just events from PvE maps copy/pasted in), and I believe they fit in well in a competitive environment.

Still feel the amount of PvE in the mists map is ok?

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Roamers? There will be mobs of people the first few weeks at least. After that it will probably be roamer friendly outside of reset nights and busy times.

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Nabrok.9023

Still feel the amount of PvE in the mists map is ok?

It’s still down … nobody has been in yet.

But as of the last beta, yup.

All classes

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

EotM strikes me more like a PvE map with pvp-enabled.

Nothing wrong with that honestly, it might be a welcome change.

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Nabrok.9023

I’m curious if you were in the beta at all … because if you were we somehow came to complete opposite opinions.

All classes

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

You actually think there will be no zergs in EoTM? What is to stop a zerg from forming and killing all who gets in its way?

I have less faith in my fellow gamers. There will be be a zerg(s)…its just human nature to form a herd eventually.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

(edited by Raf.1078)

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I cant wait to be lured into a “fair” fight only to be pulled over the edge. I’ve already begun stockpiling replacement keyboards.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Yep…just as I thought…roaming zergs all over the place. Anyone who thought this was gonna be a haven for small groups is just fooling themselves. The herding instinct is too strong.

That said…it was quite fun in a zergy sort of way.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

It’s new, too, with time it will evolve, just like OS did.

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: CrazyCanuck.4265

CrazyCanuck.4265

This is the best we’re going to get and that’s the bottom line… No PPT that matters, No stale server match ups, interesting map with avenues of attack. I’m too excited for this!

If you’ve played this map for longer than 15 minutes and aren’t severely disappointed by what could’ve been, then you are not the type of person that is interested in even remotely fun or balanced pvp. But then again you play condi PU mesmer so I guess that answers my question.

Alyrico
Tarnished Coast

(edited by CrazyCanuck.4265)

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: sphonz.3129

sphonz.3129

Complaining about the NPCs/mobs in EOTM? Really? At least the map lacks yellow mobs for players to rally off of. They’re all either friendly or hostile, which isn’t the case in every other WvW map and that is a good thing.

It’s a very fun map so far; especially Kodan form. So many knockbacks! I’ll definitely spend my time there on reset nights and whenever the guild decides to raid there. Perhaps I’ll roam there since I may stand a chance at not getting run over by a blob since I can knock players off of the numerous amounts of edges.

Dedicated EOTM Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I’m curious if you were in the beta at all … because if you were we somehow came to complete opposite opinions.

Technically i was in the beta, but id get the emails regarding upcomming events after said events already expired or almost expired :P