Defense event bug (For Anet eyes only)

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

There is a problem regarding the ‘Defend this tower’ event. It needs reexamining because it punishes single defenders in favor of zerg play. Here it is:

I was solo defending our entire side of EB early in the morning (/endpointlessbrag), nobody else on the map, etc etc. A group of enemies came to Wildcreek and put up a ram and started doing their thing. I had put 2 ac in each tower before that, so I went inside and started raining arrows on them. The group of ~8 retreated after taking some damage, but I didn’t kill any of them (obviously). I proceeded to take the ram out, and as it was at 10% health, my eyes noticed the ‘Repel enemy attackers event’ timer going 3..2..1.. puff. No credit. No new event started. Nothing at all. I killed the ram afterwards and that was it.

It was not a bug per se, it is a flaw in implementation. You have to kill something in order to get credit. But I did repel the enemy attackers and saved the tower.

The correct implementation should consider the damage the defender(s) deal to the enemies in the surroundings of the tower, including damage done to enemy siege.

Just thought Anet should know about it and fix the issue

in WvW

Posted by: Ixen Darastrix.8251

Ixen Darastrix.8251

doing repairs will also get your credit for the defend events, agree that it does need some tweaking however, doesn’t really encourage defending over running around with a zerg capping other things

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

yes, you get zero credit if you make the attackers leave without (a) killing any of them and (b) allowing them to do any damage you can repair.

you get defense credit if you kill someone, or if you repair something (but you have to apply the repairs before the countdown expires — repairs afterwards aren’t “defense”, it’s just “maintenance” and there’s no reward for that unless it counts towards your dailies).

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay