Definition of Blob

Definition of Blob

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Please stop, just stop, the English language has been butchered enough by your hash tags and yolos, we don’t need definitions changed aswell to suit each others personal needs.

Blob – an object, especially a large one, having no distinct shape or definition: a blob on the horizon.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/blob

Essentially it doesn’t matter if it’s one guild or not, a large group of any kind = blob.

Our language is a living language…try as you might you can’t stop it from evolving.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

Definition of Blob

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Please stop, just stop, the English language has been butchered enough by your hash tags and yolos, we don’t need definitions changed aswell to suit each others personal needs.

Blob – an object, especially a large one, having no distinct shape or definition: a blob on the horizon.

Essentially it doesn’t matter if it’s one guild or not, a large group of any kind = blob.

But you just proved yourself wrong. Its an object (well in this case a large group) having no distinct shape or definition.

Does not a guild zerg have a distinct shape and definition? You will immiedietly differentiate a 50 man random pug group running randomly after a commander, none of them on TS – compared to a 50 man single-tag guild group where all are on TS. They most definetly have a distinct shape and definition in terms of group behaviour. Thus, its not a blob.

The most obvious difference being the fact that a blob does not have a melee train. Its just a… blob.

Definition of Blob

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Blob used on forums or map chat = QQ
Zerg used on forums or map chat = QQ

Let’s call it like it is, those words are used disrespectfully to whine and complain.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Definition of Blob

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Why not call it a

L arge
E ffective
G roup
O ffensively

They tend to snap together pretty easily.

And we could just have fun playing.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Definition of Blob

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

But you just proved yourself wrong. Its an object (well in this case a large group) having no distinct shape or definition.

Does not a guild zerg have a distinct shape and definition? You will immiedietly differentiate a 50 man random pug group running randomly after a commander, none of them on TS – compared to a 50 man single-tag guild group where all are on TS. They most definetly have a distinct shape and definition in terms of group behaviour. Thus, its not a blob.

The most obvious difference being the fact that a blob does not have a melee train. Its just a… blob.

I never said the guild group was organized

So no, I didn’t just prove myself wrong

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Definition of Blob

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Everyone is wrong and I am right because I am me.
A blob is a mentality. A zerg is a mentality.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

Definition of Blob

in WvW

Posted by: Ohbe.9761

Ohbe.9761

When the enemy can’t even count accurately of your numbers, its a blob. Doesn’t matter what tier, don’t be ashamed guild groups.

Definition of Blob

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

BLOB = Bunch of Losers Offering Bags

Brilliant LOL

Every blob I have encountered had a simple goal; attack & capture anything in their path & stomp any enemy trying to stop them. This also includes blobs I have been part of.

Definition of Blob

in WvW

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

To get to know a blob, go to a T1 server border on primetime and Attack their NW tower after contesting their Garrison if they have a waypoint. Then move away from the gate, stand a bit north from the gate, and keep an eye on their spawn. You will see a sea of never ending red names jumping and jumping and jumping..that is your blob.

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

Definition of Blob

in WvW

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

zerg = +20, blob = +40, T1 = +70

Definition of Blob

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Large or small group, doesn’t matter. But if they run stacked up to abuse you all know what its a blob.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough