Delete engeniers...

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

update november 15:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-November-15-2012

engenier:
•Grenade: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP only.
•Shrapnel Grenade: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 15% in PvP only.
•Freeze Grenade: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP only.
•Grenade Barrage: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP only.

aham, ok

Update: december 14
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-December-14-2012/first#post999247
engeniers:
Grenade” skill now does 30% less damage to balance against using sigils.
•Grenade kit damage is now equal in PvP and PvE.

Update: January 13
engeniers: will have only a rubber kitten on their hands

beat a thief with this now…

btw, you know are some crappy sigils? not only dmg sigils? you cut 30% dmg just because I use.. whatever sigil how have nothing to do with dmg?

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

(edited by spiritus.7983)

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Ron.4920

Ron.4920

It is funny how almost non of the sigils actually work with kits, and they nerfed the damage of the grenade kit, and said it was because of sigils.

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: micron.5369

micron.5369

Yeah, this change has me playing my thief in WvW now. I don’t follow their logic on this one at all.

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

Honestly I don’t see why anet is deciding to kill off the entire class. Not sure if you play your own game Anet, but grenades are one of the last things to worry about in WvW and sPvP…

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

:( My engineer….My mad bomber…..Why?! What did we ever do?! T_T

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Engineers are now listed next to thiefs and rangers in large scale WvW – Not wanted. Wonder what the next class will be?

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

Those over-powered engineers. I have seen all the whining about them in these forums, or NOT. After I get the “Been There, Done That”, I’ll retire my engineer from WvW. In WvW, I exist solely to provide easy kills for the other classes, most notably thieves. Turrets are a joke, grenades might be handy in some edge cases, or well, used to be. I’m switching to Warrior, Guardian, Thief, Elementalist and Mesmer. WvW has not shown much inclination to reward defense over offense and mobility. Zerging/Flipping is what WvW seems to have devolved to.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Mizu.9387

Mizu.9387

The nerfs are in PvP though, to which, WvW does not count.

Sif Urkraft

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Engineers are now listed next to thiefs and rangers in large scale WvW – Not wanted. Wonder what the next class will be?

Don’t be silly… WvW just doesn’t want to be played in general.

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

LameFox.6349

The nerfs are in PvP though, to which, WvW does not count.

If you actually read the OP you will see this is no longer the case.

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

/sigh

I’ve spent my entire time in GW2 playing only my Engineer to perfect my skills, a total of 540 hours, the vast majority in WvW. Engineer viability was already borderline, and this nerf pretty much puts the final nail in the coffin.

What would people recommend I reroll (assuming I don’t quit altogether) with a focus on WvW?

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

(edited by Mif.3471)

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Dropper.9176

Dropper.9176

Well you can play your Engenier as Heal/Support in W3, good for your Group but bad for yourself ( ridiculous reward System 4 Heal / support in Gw2).

As a Dmg Dealer , Engenier is almost dead right now.

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: oblivious.8074

oblivious.8074

There were a lot of other things to fix on the Engi not just the sigils. I would like to see them be of more use in WvW.

The grenade nerf has now removed grenades from my skill bar unless I am defending or maybe attacking a wall.

I will still play my Engi because its my favorite class, but I am also leveling a warrior.

Main: Combustible Lemon – Asura Engineer
on Piken Square and Gandara.

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

What class has problems with Eng? I can’t think of any.
They are mildly annoying. I just stand in the bombs so I can kill the Eng faster.

edit: The only real damage nerf from grenades should be vs siege. That’s it.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

(edited by katniss.6735)

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Sinfullysweet.4517

Sinfullysweet.4517

Leave my Engi alone ;_; She didn’t hurt anyone yet. Something about being a gunslinger is attractive. I still get killed easily by every other class. (yeahyeah Sin L2P noob) =)

[OTG] ~ [GAME]~ [ROAM]~[AUTH]~ [LOFT]
Current Home: Yaks Bend Former Home: Maguuma/TC/SBI
Sin’s Characters on Gw2efficiency

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: JStyle.1423

JStyle.1423

edit: The only real damage nerf from grenades should be vs siege. That’s it.

Actually, that sounds pretty cool if Engineers were oriented as an “anti-siege” class. They would definitely be more desirable in WvW. I don’t seen the reason for any sort of nerf at all. I would expect the engineers to get buffed if anything.

Jimmy Rstles – lvl 80 Ranger | Leader of Valhalla Hungers [VH] | Crystal Desert

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Ireniicus.2167

Ireniicus.2167

My main is a thief however it is thieves and not Engineers that need the nerf bat

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Poizie.5187

Poizie.5187

just gives me more of an exucse to stay static discharge build and insta kill ppl

variations of Poiz – Talons [BT] – Fort Aspenwood

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Jamaz.9837

Jamaz.9837

Right now, a great player can make Engineer viable, but if that same player played a D/D Elementalist, Shatter Mesmer, or Backstab Thief, they’d be gods in WvW.

Further, grenades don’t do nearly enough damage to siege as Elementalists nor do they have the spread to hit those placed in the back of walls.

Ehmry Bay – The Shadowmoon

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

Right now, a great player can make Engineer viable, but if that same player played a D/D Elementalist, Shatter Mesmer, or Backstab Thief, they’d be gods in WvW.

Further, grenades don’t do nearly enough damage to siege as Elementalists nor do they have the spread to hit those placed in the back of walls.

My lvl 80 engi, in all exotics, has taken a back seat to my d/d ele. For the same amount of effort, I am SIGNIFICANTLY more effective on the ele. With kits, it is essentially like the attunement changes, so it was a pretty easy switch. The engi took a LOT more effort to get even close to the same efficacy as my ele.

I had actually shelved the engie with the expectation that they would receive some sort of buff to make them.. useful? I am pretty surprised at this, honestly. I was pretty capable on my engie (used a ton of different builds and several sets of exotics), but the ele responds to the effort I put in much, much better.

Now its just time to wait for my ele to be ruined as well. There are actually people complaining about them (even though they are pretty easily neutralized, though devastating if not focused down at the beginning of an engagement).

What are you doing to your game Anet?

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

My main is a thief however it is thieves and not Engineers that need the nerf bat

Whilst I disagree with the engineer nerf, your statement that thieves need a nerf pretty much proves to me you don’t actually play a thief.

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Tuluum.9638

Whilst I disagree with the engineer nerf, your statement that thieves need a nerf pretty much proves to me you don’t actually play a thief.

Yeah, I see this a lot…

My first character was a thief. Lvl 80, exotics, blah blah blah. For the amount of effort and skill put into actually playing one, they should be significantly less effective. I stopped playing it entirely because every engagement felt like a massively cheap win. Most arent bothered by this though, and I am aware of that. However, this “nerf” to thieves may be entirely accomplished by fixing culling. I dont think they, or any other class really, should be touched until some of these core game mechanics are actually fixed.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Ethersin.3270

Ethersin.3270

I love my engi <3 rifle/elix/flamethrower ftw patch beefed up elix and kits too ^__^

Attachments:

GL of [RE] Rethesis
www.rethesis.com

(edited by Ethersin.3270)

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Ira.5172

Ira.5172

My main is not an engi, but was leveling one to be my next, now with the only worth anything spec that actually did any kinda of damage has been nerfed, puts the second to last class to play to really the last class.

Understanding that seems like every class got some type of damage reduction, but to with this changes seems like the engi will suffering the most.

Ira Souleater – Necromancer
Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Tuluum.9638

I love my engi <3 rifle/elix/flamethrower ftw patch beefed up elix and kits too ^__^

I love my engie too Though I prefer bombs to the flamethrower. I cant deny they are weak in proportion to the amount of effort and skill involved in playing one though. The only way someone could say otherwise is if they havent levelled a few other classes to 80 for comparison.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: illutian.7630

illutian.7630

As I understand Weapon Sigils don’t work on Kits, but…they have said they want to change that, which means Bloodlust sigils will boost the damage.

So, hopefully that change will up the damage back up to wear it ‘should’ be

Main: illutian Kade
Server: Borlis Pass
Guild: Midgard Protectorate

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Jamaz.9837

Jamaz.9837

Actually, the Super Elixir for Elixir Gun was nerfed to oblivion, so that kit is worthless now. HGH 2 might stacks is still incredibly weak, and it is the only positive elixir change I’m aware of.

Ehmry Bay – The Shadowmoon

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

Please nurf the engineer into next century.
Make it so that he only has a water gun and can repair siege equipment and do nothing else.
Now that would be balanced. ArenaNet Style.
Ya.. look at me.. I’d make a good dev for this game.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Cosine.1786

Cosine.1786

I feel awful making a post like this, but I’ll try to arrange my thoughts on the subject in a manner a passing developer might find useful feedback.

What really doesn’t help is the rather poor choice of words to describe how they want to balance to classes. Let’s compare:

The Engineer is a highly versatile class. While it doesn’t have the long range capabilities of the Ranger, or the melee capabilities of the Warrior or Guardian, they are comfortable at medium ranges in most fights. They have a lot of control, and use their boons to keep themselves (and allies) alive in a fight. They can use different kits based on the situation, but this extreme versatility comes at a cost in damage on their main hand weapons.

…with Elementalists:

We see the elementalist as the king of versatility. The skill ceiling for the Ele is exceptional, as the ability to leverage all four attunements at the right time is crucial for understanding the elemetnalist. The Ele boasts some of the best team support and control abilities in the game, as well as some great area of effect damage.

‘Decent utility with low damage to ’compensate’ vs ‘King of utility with awesome healing and damage’. Sounds fair, doesn’t it?

Might be hyperbole on my part, and might be a bit of poor explaination on the writer’s part, but that design philosophy doesn’t bode well for engineers going forward in my eyes.

It rather feels like Arenanet doesn’t quite know what to do with engineers. It rather smacks of the early days of druids in WoW. Such an unfocused ‘jack of all trades’ class is very hard to get right.

If engineer ever felt like the afterthought class, if you take a gander at their GW2 wiki page and the links therein, that’s because it is was more or less exactly that. It was designed last and created as a mucky amalgation of two april fools classes from GW1.

It’s still possible to be a very effective engineer. We’ve got your tankcats and your static discharges and such, but it’s a bit nebulous when placed against most other classes.

That said, my love of engineer stems more from the aesthetic of the whole thing rather than their design and role in the game. Currently the class feels a little slipshod in execution and I really hope Arenanet take a bit more time and make them effective. I’m not asking to be OP, I’m asking to not be generally considered to be a delicious snack in WvW by other classes. (Please note: I am not a delicious snack)

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

My only character is an engineer since launch, now most likely need an alt for WvW, it’s not that we can’t do anything other than grenades but is that the other option are just less effective versions of other classes. Right now I am rolling high crit chance rifle as a last ditch option.

For laughs, go check out the current bug thread in the engineer forums.

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It is funny how almost non of the sigils actually work with kits, and they nerfed the damage of the grenade kit, and said it was because of sigils.

Is that a bug? Which sigils work with kits?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Its been reported that sigils only affect you while in combat, so you’re first skill will be unnaffected by the sigil if you use it to start a fight which affects some burst. Ironically, the on kill affect sigils already worked if you got the kill with your MH weapon, which makes the sigil excuse even worse.

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Well to be fair, there are plenty of people throwing out the phrase “just delete my class”.

The balance changes are often nonsensical.

At the current trajectory of nerfs/buffs that the Mesmer is getting, the Mesmer class will simply have a portal and Mindwrack. Every patch it seems we get nerfs to everything but Shatter builds… which keep getting buffed, and nonsensical changes to Portal, which don’t even address any perceived issues with the skill in the first place.

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

Its been reported that sigils only affect you while in combat, so you’re first skill will be unnaffected by the sigil if you use it to start a fight which affects some burst..

I think your right, for example on my rifle I got some crap burst who activate on crit. I got low crit chance. so basicaly I got nerfed 40% ALL THE TIME just because is a chance that sigil will activate. Anyway since this morning I did not login with my engenier, I transfer all the money from that toon and probably become a storage toon when my bank is full

Thanks Anet to make such a balanced game… not. Btw, in 13 january I expect to nerf engeniers even more until they gonna fight with pink rubber kittens and put some buff on the thiefs

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Yeah my beloved Engineer is officially shelved. I’m gonna get an Ele leveled up for the February WvW update. Sad day for me.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

The picture attached shows how I feel right now.

That is not a face of happy.
That is a face of kitten /p>

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Rofl, that is an amazing picture Bird Song. Well… I guess grenades are still useful for taking out poorly placed siege, Quentin and Mendon’s walls can still be attacked from the rear (in the river and stairs,respectively) so still no shelter for players on those walls, and we still have static discharge, for now at least….

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

Im sorry what? Stop crying, we arent useless, if you cant figure out new specs for damage engineers then you probably arent a good engineer anyways, the obvious trait setups for damage may not work but you can easily restore the spec to its previous damage as well as boosting it above the original damage. You simply have to think a bit, perhaps in a bit I will make a video of what I mean.

In any case, I can easily make grenades still work.

I will say though, if they could let us have stats while equipping a kit it would be nice, I wouldnt mind +50 to every stat while in a kit to compensate for the stat loss from weapons, as that is the only thing I feel lacking atm. If we got that I would say Engineers are in an alright place.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

(edited by Jackie.1829)

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

LameFox.6349

Leave my Engi alone ;_; She didn’t hurt anyone yet. Something about being a gunslinger is attractive. I still get killed easily by every other class. (yeahyeah Sin L2P noob) =)

And from the looks of things, never will.

Delete engeniers...

in WvW

Posted by: Raideen.5973

Raideen.5973

And from the looks of things, never will.

^ /thread