Desert Borderland, make it like a new EB

in WvW

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Before you jump on my throat, Eternal Battlegrounds is still there.

I hate Desert Borderland and most of us does but we have to agree that its a Beautiful map, i hate to see it get scraped.

What if Anet could update the map to be as close to Eternal Battlegrounds map ? and be rolled as a new extra map ?

Citadel removed, Each keep get assigned to a server, The Oasis to be as important as Stonemist Castle.

So we get 4 different maps

• 3 Alpine Borderlands
  • Eternal Battlegrounds
  • Desert Borderland (updated)
  • Edge of the Mists

(edited by Juba.8406)

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Partial.

I would love to see Desert BL made into Desert BG. But I don’t want to get even more maps active than we already got. Who are going to fill them ?

Desert as a BG would be great, as it would be a single map, channeling and focusing the amount of players into 1 map instead of 3. And played as a BG with 3 sides, instead of this notion that people has to defend the entire map.

Now that in addition to 3 alpine BL’s ? that is just spreading out what little is left, even further. I don’t for a second believe that returning Alpine is going to make a magical influx of 100-200 players to each server to fill those maps out.

The net effect would be to stretch whatever people you currently got on EBG over EBG + 3 BL, and a few people playing on DBG.

The way to make this work, is remove the Borderlands system, remove the "home" map system. And replace it with just BG maps.

* EBG (Eternal)
* ABG (Alpine)
* DBG (Desert)

Then start working on a way to dynamically adjust the number of maps depending on the population. So if you have 500 people online at reset, you can have 4 or 5 maps so everyone fits. If everyone gone to bed on a Tuesday at 0400 in the morning, just keep up a single copy of EBG (minimum).

The main downside of this is actually that us servers in Bronze are never going to see any other maps than EBG. But what few are left of us will at least be channeled into the one map where there are people left.

Other bonuses of this, it means you can have more maps for scoring when there are lots of people online, and if there aren’t enough people it will shut down maps and thus reduce scoring. Or if they insist on keeping the same PPT model they currently got, they could just average it out to be equivalent of how it is now.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

The way to make this work, is remove the Borderlands system, remove the “home” map system. And replace it with just BG maps.

• EBG (Eternal)
  • ABG (Alpine)
  • DBG (Desert)

Then start working on a way to dynamically adjust the number of maps depending on the population. So if you have 500 people online at reset, you can have 4 or 5 maps so everyone fits. If everyone gone to bed on a Tuesday at 0400 in the morning, just keep up a single copy of EBG (minimum).

I’d add a similarly reworked EotM (MBG?) map to the options. They could possibly even make which map spawns first random so lower population tiers get a chance to play them all over time. Then make a mirror overflow place like the current Edge of the Mists rule set that is sub max level only and also utilized all the map options so uplevels can still learn and level in WvW without stigma or hurting their teams PPT.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Yes I would like this. As long as nobody touch EB, and we get the old maps back I would be so happy that my old friends would return to Gw2 and the game-mode we fell in love with.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Partial.

I would love to see Desert BL made into Desert BG. But I don’t want to get even more maps active than we already got. Who are going to fill them ?

Remove EoTM. Seriously, there are more people that play on that map than there are active on some servers.

One of the reasons for EoTM was to give people a place to play when waiting for queues to pop, now it’s a huge karmatrain for anyone that rolls green that week.

People that want to continue to play WvW will slide back into the normal maps, populations will grow a bit, added onto whatever Anet is planning for their population balance fix (my money is on merging some servers) and we might have a chance of getting enough players per server to play on all 5 maps.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

How about let’s just get Alpine back for now, until something else is reworked for DBL. We’ve already beaten this horse dead.

Focus on getting Alpine back first, and getting WvW back into shape. Worry about DBL later.

There’s other, more important things to fix and get done.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

* PariahX.6970:

Interesting ideas. I really don’t think the first map should be randomized, EBG is too central in the image of WvW, removing EBG from a match up for even a week could really freak some people out (Also it currently got different scoring numbers than the other maps). Second map definitive randomized.

Honestly don’t think they will ever remove EotM, it is just too popular, especially with people that doesn’t want to actually WvW. Would be interesting to not allow level 80’s, but it would never fly because of the whole "play as you want" thing.

* psizone.8437:

There are more people playing in EotM than WvW entirely I’d guess. Problem is that if you delete EotM 99% of them are going back to PvE (guesstimate). Most of those people are there just to karma train, level up fast, and avoids any sort of PvP or *heavens forbid* defending like the plague.

They’re not the WvW target audience. And all you’re going to accomplish by demanding that EotM gets deleted (and if it was) is that a whole pile of PvE people will now hate WvW even more.

At this stage, EotM is its own game mode, sub mode of WvW. A bit like Stronghold for PvP I guess...

Also, with my suggestion above, you wouldn’t need to fill 5 maps. The server would dynamically add or remove maps to the current population. So it could range from anywhere from 1 to 5+ maps as needed.

* Skynet.7201:

Because I want Alpine to be reworked into a BG instead of a BL map as well. I don’t see the point of the "borderland" system at all any-longer. I want ALL the maps, at the same time! *greed*

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

There are more people playing in EotM than WvW entirely I’d guess. Problem is that if you delete EotM 99% of them are going back to PvE (guesstimate). Most of those people are there just to karma train, level up fast, and avoids any sort of PvP or heavens forbid defending like the plague.

I agree – scrapping EotM will not drive those players into WvW, it’ll just drive them to PvE or other games.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Partial.

Remove EoTM. Seriously, there are more people that play on that map than there are active on some servers.

One of the reasons for EoTM was to give people a place to play when waiting for queues to pop, now it’s a huge karmatrain for anyone that rolls green that week.

People that want to continue to play WvW will slide back into the normal maps, populations will grow a bit, added onto whatever Anet is planning for their population balance fix (my money is on merging some servers) and we might have a chance of getting enough players per server to play on all 5 maps.

I agree. EotM is now part of the problem we losing real WvW players. Because it rewards people for being lazy and stupid. It would be best to remove it completely.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Partial.

I agree. EotM is now part of the problem we losing real WvW players. Because it rewards people for being lazy and stupid. It would be best to remove it completely.

I don’t think we are losing real WvW players due to EoTM, I think players on dead servers go there because they want players to play with instead. I would rather the lazy and stupid ones go there to be rewarded so they are not taking up a map space in WvW XD. Reward players in WvW for PPK and give them loot bags for killing players while fighting over objectives and you will please both types of players.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i dont think dbl is that bad but it needs minor tweaks. the middle for one there really is no reason to use that unless your doing event there which i is terrible. too many cliffs and choke points a little visibility in parts would help keeps too big they need to be a bit smaller. the monuments arent bad but id rather have the old tuins back instead of the monuments that change and make more choke points

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

How about NO! People like EotM and Desert is the least desirable of the WvW maps to date. Also, I do not see this “It’s beautiful” conversation. It’s highly detailed but, it’s still an ugly and unpleasant place to be. Ever actually try to immerse yourself in what that environment would feel like? It’d be a horrible place to be.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

How about NO! People like EotM and Desert is the least desirable of the WvW maps to date. Also, I do not see this “It’s beautiful” conversation. It’s highly detailed but, it’s still an ugly and unpleasant place to be. Ever actually try to immerse yourself in what that environment would feel like? It’d be a horrible place to be.

Yes, I agree, when I think of " beautiful" I think of lush green floral gardens, cherry blossoms, sunshine, rainbows and unicorns, not a harsh desert canyon where sand drips out of every crevice. YUCK. lol

DBL is what you call " inhospitable" in every way.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

Partial.

Food for thought: If EotM gather people that are “stupid and lazy”, do you really want to delete it, and force those people into WvW ?

(I don’t agree with that statement myself, I know a lot of Bronze goes there to get their “zerg kicks” for one)

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I do believe we already in situation where there just is not enough players to support both EotM and normal WvW. One of those has to go. And since I never cared about EotM myself, I would prefer it to be removed. Only other option is to keep the EotM and remove all other WvW.

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

Problem with that line of thought:

If they delete EotM, 99% of the players (guesstimate) are going back to PvE.

If you delete WvW, 50% goes to EotM (for lack of better options) and the other half quits. (again guesstimate)

What are either of those going to solve ?