Desert Borderlands Redux: Lanes

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I know, not the best idea….but bear with me here…

I think with the sheer size of this map, an optional course of action would be to create “map flow” along the sides of the map and objectives, while using the center as a “3-way brawl zone” and using a lattice/tug-o-war system for objectives.

Example: Assaulting

Tier 1 progress for your side of the map would be the first tower and 2 camps, you could not progress past this area without taking the tower, and the tower would have exits that lead to the tier 2 areas which is your side Keep (exit 1), Oasis and Garrison (exit 2). This is where the map opens up more, allowing you to attack the other Assaulters Tower as well as 2 of the 3 Keeps.

Capturing your side Keep will open another path to the Garrison as well as Access to your side’s final Tower and Camp (Tier 3)

How this would work, is the area in the direct south of the map would restrict pathing across to the other side, splitting the camp into 2 camps (on each side of the split/wall) and walling the west and east sides off up until the Oasis area (Tier 2) and only allowing access to the opposite side of the map once the proper tower has been captured, allowing a direct path.

See attached image for more info.

Attachments:

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

this sounds exactly like how the map used to be set out

and it was horrible

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

this sounds exactly like how the map used to be set out

and it was horrible

Was this something it was set up as before it was ever launched? Cuz this is never how it worked.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

The original set-up was a much softer version of this. Hard-coding it, so to speak, would take most of the spontaneity away—the BLs would become a predetermined siege grind rather than truly dynamic play.