Deso-Vizu-Elona

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Let’s try not to accuse anyone of anything now, yes?
Screen it/film it, and report it to ANet, thats how you do things.

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: bromi.7809

bromi.7809

Like it ever helped.

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Jue.6493

Jue.6493

You would of thought by now people would of learned.

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

why tell Anet, they dont care, players might so people tell us instead

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Ogre.1750

Ogre.1750

Wow things went south fast with the thread… unfortunate. Checking the grey corpse down there makes me realise the amount of whining and booing was too kitten high indeed. VS flipped the ommelette and not a single kudos? sad panda :/

Yeah yeah, i was there too when the acs hit out of nowhere. Big deal. Not the reason frenchmen win today… its called GUTS, DEDICATION, PASSION, ENDURANCE. Yup, you heard me. Things that have been lackign recently in Deso. For instance, to be more specific, my crew. Seems like only a handful of us give a kitten about a gold medal… the amount of computers exploding or family members outright dying in my guild is getting out of hand. At 5am +1CET im left with a couple of late night entries whereas a month ago Id be sporting a 15 man force, strong enuff to maintain stuff till the morning glories came.

Deso has some soul searching to do… we could have got this, really. If we really wanted it. VS did want it. So they got it. Props to them, they STILL reign as EU masters of war.

Thats all there is to it.

Red Guard™ thug for life — GvG SHOWDOWN host
https://www.youtube.com/user/KAZOgre

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Busko.7408

Busko.7408

Ogre i would say say 9.5k free points during downtime helped them quite a bit on the way to :p but yea they got a lot of dedicated players that get up early in the morning when the have what i heard a free day from school :P

Im a Kitty Cat rawr
what what what….

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Shivva.1904

Shivva.1904

Got to say, seems to me that Ogro has entirely the right attitude to this situation.

No point in moaning about it, just have to fight harder.

Frank/Rokka – formerly [IRON] – Desolation EU

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Mystery.7392

Mystery.7392

Srsly MoS.
Why the people always running away in 1v1 situations? They either run over the whole map or wait for 1-2 other guild members to fight.

really sad.

Edit: same happens with Mist guys.

Aloha Luana – The Iron Triangle [IRON]
Warrior – Gunnar’s Hold
Will always love Elona!

(edited by Mystery.7392)

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Eh, I’ll go in a lighter direction.

I had fun in JP today when a couple of VS were camping the mob-pit. Me and another Deso player were just chilling and waiting for them to go onwards. (There were 5 VS players who obviously didn’t realize they have a spacebar. Seriously, they took 20 minutes on a bit that takes around 30 seconds.)
Eventually a player from Elona shows up, and just waves at us. So we waved back. Danced a bit and chilled.
Then 5 more Elona show up, and we would be seriously outnumbered, but I guess that one guy told the rest that we are cool. So we just went on jumping together.

They didn’t even aggro when I accidentally threw a fireball when swapping attunements. Truly, Elonians are good and honorable opponents, who seem to realize when its time to join up against to beat some VS campers. (Tho that VS camping party isn’t much to my liking… Well, they obviously sucked at jumping so I guess that can’t be helped.)

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

(edited by Fred Fargone.3127)

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Daxter.4286

Daxter.4286

Thanks to GD guild from Elona in Eternal Battlegrounds for the fights. You guys were outmanned, but showed a lot of fighting spirit and used tactics that would have likely worked if you guys weren’t outnumbered. Didn’t back off from fights and tried taking on bigger group.

Extraordinary Gentlemen[EXG] – Desolation[EU]

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: BubblesWave.3470

BubblesWave.3470

I’m finally glad some people came just get topic up.
Yes there are problems / bugs WvW (that everyone uses), so we must help to solve Anet.

• Fred, we all fell on the (sympatic) enemy with who have talked, played, but do not forget that we are WvW and jump puzzle or not, we are enemies.

It’s really tiring having to justify this for each of your trolls. You think telement be “honorable or another,” I think you only play 10 minutes a day to be as blind. Rather than crying wolf, go help your server.

• Alex, Busko, and futur whining, stop crying, if you can not follow, it is not our fault. Other servers do also golems operations, with the difference that we try to stop them, as when we refer 25+ Desolation’s golems to the cemetery.
[CPC] Vizunah Square

(edited by BubblesWave.3470)

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: I Deschain I.4623

I Deschain I.4623

Really really great fights over the last three or four hours on Desolation BL with both Vizunah und Desolation. Some threeway fights on the northeast supplycamp and Garrison and we often met Desolation around the map. Thank you for this, was a fantastic evening.

3rd player NA to reach Diamond Invader (WvW Rank 6445+) on 10/29/14.
Retired.

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

its called GUTS, DEDICATION, PASSION, ENDURANCE. Yup, you heard me. Things that have been lackign recently in Deso. For instance, to be more specific, my crew. Seems like only a handful of us give a kitten about a gold medal…

Thing is… we want a gold medal. But in slightly different game than what WvW is at the moment. WvW as a whole is more like chess. Majority of us, as it seems, find most of joy in just a fraction of it called GvG/GvZ.
At least that’s what it looks like from inside Golden Squad of [GH].

That is not to say, of course, that we ignore other sides of WvW. The goal for GH this week was set to play for points primarily. It’s just that it’s not what we can enjoy for long. If at all.

Srsly MoS.
Why the people always running away in 1v1 situations?

If you ever see me in the field alone, I will be most probably running in particular direction avoiding 1v1 as much as possible. Guess why? Because my raid leader is screaming at me in TS for me being so useless/slow that I’ve managed to die so I have to rejoin my squad as fast as possible. believe me, duels or anything red in LoS for that matter is of least possible concern for me at that moment.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

(edited by Yaro.3251)

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: spanky.4630

spanky.4630

Yeah yeah, i was there too when the acs hit out of nowhere. Big deal. Not the reason frenchmen win today… its called GUTS, DEDICATION, PASSION, ENDURANCE. Yup, you heard me. .

Guts is something i wouldn`t attribute to some nerd playing a computer game myself included

Monkeyspanks – [IRON]

http://www.iron-gaming.com/

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: warboss.1362

warboss.1362

Srsly MoS.
Why the people always running away in 1v1 situations? They either run over the whole map or wait for 1-2 other guild members to fight.

really sad.

Edit: same happens with Mist guys.

going toward our commander/raid leader ? on our way to scout something or to an assigned objective?
Playing RvR with proper gear/spec and not 1 vs 1 unreal tournament ?

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Xactul.8126

Xactul.8126

I actually find competing again Vizunah and Elona fun for that very reason of unpredictability. Points sessions can change in a hurry, some players are setup for 1v1 fights and some are setup for guild groups etc. Everyone makes decisions in a hurry. Sometimes you have to take one for the team and take on 5-8 players just to keep them busy for an extra 30 seconds or so knowing you will go down just to slow reinforcements to a keep.

As long as we all keep in mind it is only a game then it will keep us honest to the intent of the match. Of course we all want to win. If you did not want to win, then you probably would not be in WvW anyway, or at least until world completion was finished.

A person who puts in 2-3 hours daily with a family and full time job is just as dedicated as a student playing 10-16 hours a day. We all have different lifestyles and responsibilities.

Let us just have some fun people regardless of the outcome and respect the opponent and server tactics even if you find it irritating. There are more than one way to achieve an objective and we all have different ideas on how it will work best.

See you on the battlefield!

[HOPE] -Desolation
Guild Leader

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Genev.2450

Tons of fun yesterday in bay at Elona Reach BL.
I was running with GH, and i almost believed we’d get t3, strongly reinforced, bay out of sheer stubbornness. :p

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Yaro.3251

Tons of fun yesterday in bay at Elona Reach BL.
I was running with GH, and i almost believed we’d get t3, strongly reinforced, bay out of sheer stubbornness. :p

Yes, it seems that VS keep defenders finally found a counter to out bash-da-door tactic by managing to pack the inner with correct number of superior siege that cannot be destroyed from outside and berserkers bursting freely from safe positions inside. We had to withdraw from Bay eventually.

Though GH didn’t run the numbers yesterday we usually do. We couldnt even protect our siege from enemy trebs. So we didn’t even try to go that route.

Good fights throughout the week on Elona BL nonetheless.

P.S. Oh, by the way, “chainsaw guy” from VS – we love you man! xD

(edited by Yaro.3251)

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Dalure.4691

Dalure.4691

Hi all:)

This has been a weird week…..lets leave it by that. I had some good fights against MOS and Aegis…finally a guild that cought my eye on Elona.
Gj to you both. FG had fun

PS: kitten this skilldelay…made me wipe more then we should hehe….8secs on autoattack…wtf lol.

/Salute

WvW Commander of Piken Square
Guild: ForsakenGamers (FG)

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

Seriously, you should cut it off on that kind of topic as well. It’s almost as useless and “troll feeding” as “Deso/VS/ER is a cheater server”.

No, not a single server is made of jobless people. No, people do not constantly take days off to win a wuvwuv match. And no, no country works in such a specific way that its whole population does not work between 8am and 3pm.

Never said every player of Vizunah is jobless, never mentioned France.
On the other hand, it’s pretty clear Vizunah’s population has a much higher number of players who can afford to play during the period 8-12AM GMT+1 than any other european server.

Dedication can’t do much if you’re needed at the office at 9AM. And the proof is…

With all due respect, it’s what I do. I’m in my office from 9am to 6pm and guest what ? I’m a morning crew member !!

Who say I can’t sleep at 11pm, woke up at 6am and fight for my country server till 8am ?

Very nice of you, but it’s not going to win Deso anything, unfortunately, because Vizunah morning-caps at 8AM. We’d need a significant number of players able to stay in the game until at the very least 12AM or so.

So what, we know their morning team is stronger whilst our night team is stronger. We should make the difference during night to offset their morning. Or get an organized morning group.

Unfortunately morning is superior to night, because it trails in the afternoon. I.e. our night superiority gets completely nullified once the morning cap team comes, since they can easily cap even T3 structures while they’re empty, while the advantage and the T3 structures they build in the morning keep being there later on.
Listen, the situation is really cystal clear. You don’t get 600+ caps if you don’t have at least 3x the numbers of the other 2 servers combined. Until and unless this situation changes, Vizunah will keep winning forever because all they need is 2 mornings to gain over 50K on the other two servers. That’s too big of a gap to be recovered, and they don’t even need to keep doing it for the whole week.

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Yaro.3251

That’s a horse beaten brutally to death, Magnus. No need to repeat same things over and over again. That’s one of the core ideas of WvW. If you can’t get coverage as a server, you are not at the top as a server.

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

That’s a horse beaten brutally to death, Magnus. No need to repeat same things over and over again. That’s one of the core ideas of WvW. If you can’t get coverage as a server, you are not at the top as a server.

I happen to think there’s a need to repeat that something is broken until it gets fixed, but in this case I was not even doing that. In my original post, I was simply pointing out that “dedication” has to take into account real life commitments.

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Yaro.3251

I’m not sure what you are getting at.

“something is broken until it gets fixed” – what it is exactly? 24/7?

WvW is a highly competitive part of otherwise rather casual game that is GW2 (except sPvP ofc) and it is designed to be that way. To demand making it more casual by considering out of game limitations such as amount of time you are willing to dedicate to it is like you come to any sports official and say: “I cannot dedicate that much time to this sport because I have other thing to do but I want to have a shot at the top of Olympics pedestal and a gold medal. So please forbid all athletes to dedicate more time to training than I can”.

What I love about GW2 is that it is one of rare MMOs where you don’t need to be dedicated to stay competitive, gear-wise at least.

But if you take personal (literally) responsibility for server ranking in WvW, that’s your decision, that’s not what WvW’s idea is and that’s not what it promotes. Communication, politics, coordination, head hunting, all to make server as a whole competitive – that’s what it is about.

(edited by Yaro.3251)

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

And the proof is…

L2P issue, morning cap happens before 9AM.

First of all, if you need to be at the office at 9AM you need to logoff earlier. Second, and more important, the exact time is irrelevant. If you are around until 9AM and then have to go, the other server can simply start recapping at 9:05AM. All you’ve done is reduced your vulnerability window, but that window is still going to be there until you have enough players to be able to match the opponents’ numbers at every hour of the day.

Also, I fail to see how not being able to stay online due to RL commitments qualifies as “L2P”.

I’m not sure what you are getting at.

“something is broken until it gets fixed” – what it is exactly? 27/7?

The scoring system.
Well actually there’s plenty of broken stuff in WvW but I was referring to that in my post.

(edited by MagnusLL.8473)

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Angelyne.2936

Angelyne.2936

I was in bay ER BL yesterday evening (7pm GMT+1) and it seems that at last, VS undestood that diner time is ou main weakness. that time we loose nearlly every T3 and mostly spawn tower and T3 keeps. Now VS guys don’t afk at same time so there’s allways enough defenders to keep ou beloved T3.

Angelyne – Guild Leader for Metatrone – Vizunah Square [Fr] on EU Ladder

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Genev.2450

And the proof is…

L2P issue, morning cap happens before 9AM.

Coverage isn’t “l2p”, coverage is… well, coverage.

Thinking morning cap is after 9AM is L2P

Nah, morning is until 11am :p

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Yaro.3251

@username: Yeah, whatever. Considering L2P is a wide term with lot of contextual interpretations, I can even sign that for giggles

P.S. Now I know that powers that be do not have sence of humor. What a line it was that got deleted

(edited by Yaro.3251)

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: username.4932

username.4932

First of all, if you need to be at the office at 9AM you need to logoff earlier. Second, and more important, the exact time is irrelevant. If you are around until 9AM and then have to go, the other server can simply start recapping at 9:05AM. All you’ve done is reduced your vulnerability window, but that window is still going to be there until you have enough players to be able to match the opponents’ numbers at every hour of the day.

The important thing is that you believe what you said.

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Gz on your win VS, good comeback, looking forward to the reset tonight

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

I don’t need to believe it, I’ve observed it with my eyes. Vizunah has hundreds of players in the WvW maps on a true 24/7 basis, hence why they can simply alarm-clock at whatever time they know the opponent server has the least amount of players online; the other servers can’t do that to Vizunah because such a time window does not exist for them.

Unless you want to keep claiming that myth about 20 players, but I never believed it in the first place and then one night (and then another, and then another… and several mornings too…) I got to see 40-men Vizunah zergs in the BL I was playing in while EB was in an even 3-way split. Then I started insta-jumping between the other 2 BLs, and on all of them it was my server, not Vizunah, to have the outmanned buff…

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: username.4932

username.4932

As i said in my previous post the important thing is to believe, i respect that.

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Mishima.2986

Mishima.2986

Amazing fights on the border of desolation yesterday. DSD hold garrison in full force all afternoon.

Thanks to EQUINOX, renovatio, MoS and other guilds of Elona and Vizunah for the incredible fights this week.

[DsD] Disidentes – WvW retired guild leader.

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Qwixx.5923

Qwixx.5923

I don’t need to believe it, I’ve observed it with my eyes. Vizunah has hundreds of players in the WvW maps on a true 24/7 basis, hence why they can simply alarm-clock at whatever time they know the opponent server has the least amount of players online; the other servers can’t do that to Vizunah because such a time window does not exist for them.

Unless you want to keep claiming that myth about 20 players, but I never believed it in the first place and then one night (and then another, and then another… and several mornings too…) I got to see 40-men Vizunah zergs in the BL I was playing in while EB was in an even 3-way split. Then I started insta-jumping between the other 2 BLs, and on all of them it was my server, not Vizunah, to have the outmanned buff…

Our night and morning crew rarely exceeds 40 players for all borderlands, always the same players. If you do not want to believe it, too bad. This proves that our organization is good.
But don’t be defeatist, we still need to work hard to reach your former level: http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/15/7

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Moxtidus.4576

Moxtidus.4576

@ Qwixx : This is a week from November ? :/

Vizunah Night crew (2am-6am) is about 50 players everynight. Maybe more this week as their Alliance made a special operation to motivate the whole server. It somehow consisted of playing more than they usually do.

From what i know beeing with them on TS several weeks, most of them are university student(30%) and 50% are jobless( Its quite hard in France atm tbh).

Most of them are on the community TS every night wich is very well organised. They have scout in any towers/keep the whole night (Seriously i hope they have fun tho sometimes i feel sad for them…) and scream on Ts if something is coming. Then the massive night zerg portal bomb and defend their T3 with sieges.

This is how it works for month and it works very well.

True Story.

Sfr

(edited by Moxtidus.4576)

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Dyno.9467

I think you all work for Anet in the offices that’s how you play and work at the same time

Asura – Desolation

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Dalure.4691

Dalure.4691

I think you all work for Anet in the offices that’s how you play and work at the same time

Now you know why alot of issues arent fixed ……they are all in WvW to stay number one in EU :P

/Salute

WvW Commander of Piken Square
Guild: ForsakenGamers (FG)

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: omphin.1752

omphin.1752

If Desolation seriously want to beat Vizunah, then player will have to be prepaired to wake up early, 6am and go battle. Too many are fighting to get into WvW at reset and popular times. You server needs you to get up early and theres plenty of talk about this on Desolation Forums
http://www.we-will-desolate.net/showthread.php?tid=160

Each guild needs to push a morning team and organise better. Viz are only able to counter Deso in the morning cause they have more numbers at that time. Guild leaders need to realise this and promote early morning raids on their own websites.

We already saw the trouble Iron cause for Vizu last weekend when they logged on early. More guilds need to follow.

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Hatchet.4513

Hatchet.4513

If Desolation seriously want to beat Vizunah, then player will have to be prepaired to wake up early, 6am and go battle. Too many are fighting to get into WvW at reset and popular times. You server needs you to get up early and theres plenty of talk about this on Desolation Forums

Each guild needs to push a morning team and organise better. Viz are only able to counter Deso in the morning cause they have more numbers at that time. Guild leaders need to realise this and promote early morning raids on their own websites.

We already saw the trouble Iron cause for Vizu last weekend when they logged on early. More guilds need to follow.

Although I agree with this, I think there are a lot of adults that play this game with erm Jobs so we will im afraid on Deso always be strong after work. This is proven out I believe repeatedly during prime time.

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: omphin.1752

omphin.1752

Although I agree with this, I think there are a lot of adults that play this game with erm Jobs so we will im afraid on Deso always be strong after work. This is proven out I believe repeatedly during prime time.

There are plently of people not working 9 – 5. I myself work odd hours. Sometimes 1:30pm till 11pm. Even at that I have repeatly got up at 6am at least once a week. if people did so even one morning a week you would see a massive change.

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Hatchet.4513

Hatchet.4513

There are plently of people not working 9 – 5. I myself work odd hours. Sometimes 1:30pm till 11pm. Even at that I have repeatly got up at 6am at least once a week. if people did so even one morning a week you would see a massive change.

Good for you, I would still say conventional working hours if you include travel is 6am-7pm. When all borders are full in prime time after 6/7pm Desolation wins imo.

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Charmide.4891

Charmide.4891

Good for you, I would still say conventional working hours if you include travel is 6am-7pm. When all borders are full in prime time after 6/7pm Desolation wins imo.

No. You don’t have to “imo” this, just look at the numbers.
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/16/
7pm is our weak spot on VS, but week-end excluded, we are #1 in points past 8:30/9pm, and it’s prime.

Commander@Insert Coinz [CPC] – Vizunah Square

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Yaro.3251

No. You don’t have to “imo” this, just look at the numbers.
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/16/
7pm is our weak spot on VS, but week-end excluded, we are #1 in points past 8:30/9pm, and it’s prime.

All I see is huge bumps during the day, prime time being a close call. Are we looking at different graphs?

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Dyno.9467

Prime time goes up and down, nobody wins it

Asura – Desolation

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: jaxom.7469

jaxom.7469

Prime time goes up and down, nobody wins it

And the winning team is always decided by off peak time, it’s the game flaw, everybody agrees on that.

It’s not because we’re often first that we don’t agree something is flawed. We spoke about it on this forum since the start . Blame the guy making the rules

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Hwestdinen.8913

Hwestdinen.8913

@ Qwixx : This is a week from November ? :/

Vizunah Night crew (2am-6am) is about 50 players everynight. Maybe more this week as their Alliance made a special operation to motivate the whole server. It somehow consisted of playing more than they usually do.

From what i know beeing with them on TS several weeks, most of them are university student(30%) and 50% are jobless( Its quite hard in France atm tbh).

Most of them are on the community TS every night wich is very well organised. They have scout in any towers/keep the whole night (Seriously i hope they have fun tho sometimes i feel sad for them…) and scream on Ts if something is coming. Then the massive night zerg portal bomb and defend their T3 with sieges.

This is how it works for month and it works very well.

True Story.

True Story…. I guess you are on our Server on EB every nights also.
kitten Clipping, I always thought that we were 10 with the lead instead of 50. I guess that the inferiority buff is a false too.

Hwestdinen (Ranger 80)
Vizunah Square

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

Our night and morning crew rarely exceeds 40 players for all borderlands, always the same players. If you do not want to believe it, too bad.

You’re right, I don’t believe it. I seriously doubt Vizunah ever drops below 200 players on the 4 WvW maps, and if it does, it happens rarely and for very short timeframes.

40 players are barely enough to hold your 1/3 of EB during the night, especially against the numbers Desolation can field. If that was all Vizunah had, you’d regularly drop below the 100 points/tick mark for hours at a time, and I don’t see that happening.

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Yaro.3251

I wonder if following is correct assessment (quoting ashlenty.9358 from closed thread):

RAID guild off around 12pm-1am, so Multimapswitch is on. When a BL is in peace there is only scouts (~5) while all the others are in an BL at war. When the peace is broke, the multimapswitch …switch to restore the peace. :p
Basicaly, example: RBL 5ppl, BBL 5ppl, GBL 5ppl, CBE 35ppl.

Because if it is, issue is nonexistent. In its current formulation at least.

It seems to me that having ~50 people ingame at WvW spread across all BLs and EBG at any given point in time is not even a challenge for T1 server, that’s probably happening naturally. Then the only question remaining is how to do what VS does with these resources dueing the day – to organize them.

Ideally what I’d love to see is Anet being more open and publishing all kinds of WvW stats including map population graphs (as they did once with queue graphs). So we don’t wander in darkness calling for everyone and their dog’s opinion based on their fragmented, anecdotal experience and assumptions.

Yeah, I know…

OTOH above quote may be very well a product of same fragmented experience.

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

I wonder if following is correct assessment (quoting ashlenty.9358 from closed thread):

RAID guild off around 12pm-1am, so Multimapswitch is on. When a BL is in peace there is only scouts (~5) while all the others are in an BL at war. When the peace is broke, the multimapswitch …switch to restore the peace. :p

Have you seen the numbers in EB alone that both Deso and Elona field every day at that hour?

35 people would never be able to even hold their part of EB, never mind if they had to switch all over the 4 maps.

Also: you seriously believe you can cap at 600+ with 5 people per map? At that score level, you need more than 5 scouts per map just to cover all the keeps and towers you hold. That’s before considering you need at least a 5-men group roaming in every BL to recap supply camps that lone enemy stragglers could get.

A more realistic assessment would go something like:

40 people in EB at all times to not lose most of the map
10 scouts + 5-men roaming group recapping camps in every BL
A zerg of 30 hopping from map to map

We’re at 115 players already, and even with such a setup, you can hold over 500 points only until BOTH enemy servers are only present in EB + a maximum of a 20-men group in one BL. As soon as either of the two opponents starts fielding 25-30 men zergs you’ve just tied your main multimap zerg in one place, meaning you’re now vulnerable to losing the two whole other bl maps in minutes unless lots more players come online.

You need 200, not 20, to do what Vizunah does. It’s simple math.

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Hwestdinen.8913

Hwestdinen.8913

Have you seen the numbers in EB alone that both Deso and Elona field every day at that hour?

35 people would never be able to even hold their part of EB, never mind if they had to switch all over the 4 maps.

Also: you seriously believe you can cap at 600+ with 5 people per map? At that score level, you need more than 5 scouts per map just to cover all the keeps and towers you hold. That’s before considering you need at least a 5-men group roaming in every BL to recap supply camps that lone enemy stragglers could get.

A more realistic assessment would go something like:

40 people in EB at all times to not lose most of the map
10 scouts + 5-men roaming group recapping camps in every BL
A zerg of 30 hopping from map to map

We’re at 115 players already, and even with such a setup, you can hold over 500 points only until BOTH enemy servers are only present in EB + a maximum of a 20-men group in one BL. As soon as either of the two opponents starts fielding 25-30 men zergs you’ve just tied your main multimap zerg in one place, meaning you’re now vulnerable to losing the two whole other bl maps in minutes unless lots more players come online.

You need 200, not 20, to do what Vizunah does. It’s simple math.

Well, this is a lot of suppositions. But don’t try offensive action at night, it’s cool, for sure a 50 players zerg will come and crush you ( even if i’ve rarely seen a bus of 50 players on vizunah, even on prime time)

Hwestdinen (Ranger 80)
Vizunah Square

Deso-Vizu-Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Jaghen.8314

Jaghen.8314

Having hardly ever gone to EB I can’t say about that, but I can confirm that for the borderlands it is something like 5/5/20-30 at night.
The “zerg” does switch maps, sometimes it’s even annoying how often you need to switch map ^^
Now magnus think before you write please, never since there has been a night team against us has VS ticked ~600 at night… if anything lately we have 200 while deso has above 300.

We sometimes have it during the day, and we almost certainly have a bit more players during the day than at night – although my word is not definite on this, not the time I play…