Desolation Server - News and Discussions

in WvW

Posted by: Impala.4952

Impala.4952

I thought I would create one just for Desolation where we could be civil and talk about our match other things maturely as a group w/o other servers being involved.

1. I would like to say that we’ve made a great effort as a server to be competitive in our T1 match. I know everyone has been putting in long hours to make it happen and should be congratulated. Win or lose all players and guilds have a lot to be proud. VS should be praised also for giving it their all and making this match close and fun for everyone.
2. We may have new guilds that joined us from the Americas. The US guild (a large one they claimed) announced they were arriving in 24 hrs in one of the BL’s when I was there. I can’t remember their name. We’ll have to see if they show up or can transfer with Full status that our server seems to have all the time (I know the Russian guilds we got are having problems getting their members on the server). The other is Fatality [FT] a Brazilian guild I believe.
3. Keep up the war effort. Let’s win this thing!

in WvW

Posted by: Ravax.1205

Ravax.1205

hope arenanet awake soon and stop this

you guys are timezone exploiter to get easy karma, gold …. with PvDoor and destroy completly the balance in the EU rankings

you guys are to bad to fight fair in your own timezone “US” so you move to where you have no enemy – pooor – rly pooor

go home

Jesus Christ man.. title of thread… Desolation Server… If you have nothing polite/constructive to say, keep it to yourself.. Bashing between servers has already been done and re-cooked too many times..on many threads dedicated to talks between servers.

We can start the whole ’nah, but you guys (VZ/AR) allied (even if briefly) to attack us, desolation jointly.. BUT NO… this is not the thread to discuss this, and this is definitely NOT the thread to start flame wars again!

On topic, OP, our guild (Infinity) used to be quite large in PvP in Aion, and our goal in GW2 is to eventually reach that status again.. But for now, a few of our members, myself included, have dedicated A LOT of our time to WvW to get to know who runs the show, and how organization works, etc… (tbh it really puts a dent in your savings haha). And any moment of the day, on any of the 4 maps, someone is really leading on, and things seem like order can be found in the chaos, and everyone seems to having a good time.. I really appreciate seeing things like this.

And I do wish things could be kept civil, I am part french myself, and hate to see the bashing that goes on non-stop between servers. I just think they aren’t used to someone being able to kick the pedestal and shake things up..

Deep down, i really think they should just get used to us, they SHOULDN’T give up on WvWvW, but keep the fight going. Keep T1 interesting, and seeing players and guilds, and alliances come up with new strategies to overcome and counter other servers’ strategies… this is where the fun starts, when real strategy has to kick in because numbers isn’t the only key to winning in WvWvW.

Brgrds.
Ravax

in WvW

Ravax.1205

Next generation MMO, yea right. More like Dark Age of Tyria.

This IS next gen MMO, where people from all over can play together.. And like my previous reply, " title of thread… Desolation Server… If you have nothing polite/constructive to say, keep it to yourself.. Bashing between servers has already been done and re-cooked too many times..on many threads dedicated to talks between servers."

in WvW

Posted by: Zaowi.7098

Zaowi.7098

Yup just report all off topic threads they instantly get removed. Anyway, gj Desolation we soon are going to overtake Vizunah in points ! =)

Zaowii
[IRON]
Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Impala.4952

We’ll just have to ignore the trolls who seem to flame every thread Desolation is involved in. Some people can’t seem to handle change. The bully never likes it when their victims fight back it seems.

Anyway, I hope this thread will also will promote the communication between people and guilds on our server. Everyone is doing a great job in this match. Let’s keep it up.

in WvW

Posted by: Thorvald.5432

Thorvald.5432

Seems like more American (both north and south) guilds are moving to deso.

Invaders [Inv] – Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: lethal ghost.9458

lethal ghost.9458

doing a good job during the day !

Attachments:

in WvW

Impala.4952

Zaowii, your guild and the rest of the server is doing a great job. Overtaking VS and keeping the lead seems like a real possibility now.

in WvW

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

I cant even get back on Desolation now where the rest of my guild is because its full :/

in WvW

Posted by: Gavello.2813

Gavello.2813

I cant even get back on Desolation now where the rest of my guild is because its full :/

Every now and then ANet relaxes the full cap on servers so you can either wait for one of those moments or try and transfer late at night when there’s less people on.

But yes, please report any trolls and ignore the comment, don’t quote or comment on it.

Had some fun last night with some golem rushes, thanks for everyone who listened to my incoherent rambling as we attacked keeps

~Ruin~Officer~

in WvW

Posted by: Joriel.1530

Joriel.1530

primetime and we holding good 2vs1

Attachments:

i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz | GTX 780 | 8GB GSKILL RAM @ 1866mhz

in WvW

Posted by: Dust Bunny.1652

Dust Bunny.1652

I think getting focused by both servers if you are in lead, even in this case where we have 2 french servers, is normal.
Also, hands down, as far as I’ve seen, this has been one of the cleanest matches in a long time.
Culling is an issue because of the numbers, but haven’t seen people abusing stacking + portals (which results in horrible culling btw).

in WvW

Impala.4952

Joriel, Nice score. I haven’t been able to play today (I’ll be on later). Are we making a bigger push or is VS just weaker today?

in WvW

Posted by: zarg.1853

zarg.1853

desolation wins becaufe them French server make war between them

2v1 lol the big joke…. in shape in which you would…

remain serious….please!!

in WvW

lethal ghost.9458

Seems to me that we (deso) are upping our game, spent 4 hours this afternoon in wvwvw and the whole time it was organised chaos lol. But honestly seems guilds and pugs alike are fighting hard for the win

in WvW

Posted by: Modeus.7924

Modeus.7924

I’ve stayed up till 8am EST every day this week, the players on Deso have really come together and fight hard! we managed to hold a PPT gain through our dead zone despite being vastly outnumbered. grats to everyone for the hardwork and dedication to making Deso #1.

—Modeus—
—RUIN--

—Modeus—
—Modea Farstrider—
[RUIN]

in WvW

Posted by: Alomar.7136

Alomar.7136

Great job these past few days Desolation, the weekend started out very shaky. I’ve been out of power, and still am, as a U.S. East Coast Ruin’er for the past two two days and counting due to Hurricane Sandy.

Wish you guys all the best and keep giving em hell.

P.S. Keep them score updates-a-coming

Alomar – 80 Warrior
Kurudin – 80 Guardian
-RUIN-

in WvW

Posted by: Phara Miu.2816

Phara Miu.2816

I just loged out after an 10 hour WvW session and we leaded the score versus both servers who focused us all day long.

Epic battles and Epic struggles from camp to tower to SM and camp again.
Any1 still claiming we dont belong in tier 1 is a flat out joke as we withstanded 10 hours of double teaming against us and maintained a lead in score.

Eat that !

in WvW

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

The Russian guild(S) you got came from: far sheep&pigs? (no offense just couldn’t resist in name of Halloween costume brawl)

out of curiosity since their server got added to the red book of extincted species this week.

in WvW

Posted by: Joriel.1530

Joriel.1530

seems their alliance is back up again, they are desperate, they see us reaching 1st place

i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz | GTX 780 | 8GB GSKILL RAM @ 1866mhz

in WvW

lethal ghost.9458

seems their alliance is back up again, they are desperate, they see us reaching 1st place

It makes sense to try and keep both fr servers in t1, if deso threat is big enough they
will team up as would any same language speaking servers. Just makes it more satisfying when we win lol

in WvW

Gavello.2813

I don’t particularly see it as an alliance if we have the majority point earning potential. That’s just them trying to a eat a piece of the biggest pie.

Also more posty scores.

~Ruin~Officer~

in WvW

Posted by: Chewbiduhwa.9756

Chewbiduhwa.9756

I would like to say an OFFICIAL Thanks from IRON. We have been here from the start fighting and the steady increase in activity has been tremendous.

I would also like to point out can we please stop singling out RUIN. These guys are apart of Desolation they are Desolation and they ARE here to stay.

To RUIN. We could not have asked for better brothers to fight with. Your constant Dedication is a constant reminder to IRON that if we keep swinging eventually we will prevail.

To Desolation. Thanks again. I can sleep every night knowing in the morning we are in for some bloody good times.

Other than that Keep SWINGING always punch always saying NO. We are here and WE ARE here to STAY!

I love you all!

Yours sincerely
CyanideStar

WSR Comm BBB GM
Founder of The IRON Triangle

in WvW

Posted by: Nohonor.5382

Nohonor.5382

@Gavello

I agree, most servers don’t have a alliance of sorts. It’s more one server either influencing another or straight up ignoring a server so that the other server feels that the one server fighting them is the true enemy. I have my own opinions on what is actually going on, but I digress.

This whole week has been intense fighting whenever and wherever I have joined WvW. Vizunah is definitely the one with the better night crew (of the two French servers) to duke it out with us alot of strategies we have seen before and some we haven’t but are able to counter.

On a side note: alot of leaders popping up without commander tags that are able to lead people successfully and gain points.

Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

in WvW

Posted by: zarg.1853

zarg.1853

AS and VS do not alliance….

go read the FR forums you will see……

hummm….server FR vs World server….how glorious

in WvW

Impala.4952

Luna, I believe the Russian guilds were from Aurora Glade. I talked to the guild leader of Unit Team when they first transferred last week and I remember him mentioning that he was trying to get other Russian guilds from Aurora Glade to come over. I think they’re still trying to get their members through the Full Server status.

in WvW

Gavello.2813

@Chewbiduhwa.9756

I would worry too much, I think RUIN personally prefers to be singled out simply so others aren’t receiving the flak. Kinda like the whole Dark Knight routine lol. RUIN is use to being hated by a lot of groups in many games we play but we know Desolation itself is glad to have us so that’s all that matters personally.

But yea, love having you IRON folks fighting alongside us. As well as any other guilds who join us in our teamspeak, it’s always open anytime.

~Ruin~Officer~

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Cant you guys create a server web forum instead of doing it here? Just asking.

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: NightShade.5283

NightShade.5283

@Sird why?, this thread pretty much same like blacktide battle report. i dont see any problem with that

Lyan D Deathbringer. male shylvari thief
IRON – Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

i was just asking not telling you guys to take it somewhere else.

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

It’s one way to share with anyone interested what’s going on on the server without making them go to some separate forum which might require registration, and likely won’t have the amount of people the official forums has.

This isn’t just for Desolation to talk, this is for everybody to see if they want to get to know the community, their successes, their failures… Getting an idea of them as a server.
Also, bragging. :p

At least, that’s the way i see it.

Hi Deso, i’ll be keeping an eye on this too :p

in WvW

Posted by: ZainAzhar.5308

ZainAzhar.5308

Map + Score Update

Attachments:

Mesmer – Churaill
Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Auzegeist.2836

Auzegeist.2836

Would love to get a community page up and running, i wouldnt mind getting one made but its the fact of moderating i wouldnt have time for surely someone off the server would

in WvW

Posted by: Aysnvaust.7046

Aysnvaust.7046

Gratz to Desolation from an Elona-Player (seriously).
You were the first ones to show ANet that the separation of NA and EU-servers is worth nothing. I guess you will stay in th T1 for quite some time, because mostlikely you are covering 24/7 on all maps by now (or soon you will).
We as a german server will never have the chance to accomplish that, but me personal I am fine with that. I don’t care which tier we play in, as long as we have a good competition.
Just some advice: take care of having enough dedicated as well as educated – meaning they know what they do – commanders on your server, because the more WTJ players will join (and I can see that wave allready starting), the more problems you will face with having those commanders on the battlefield.
Secondly: keep your feet on the ground. Because sooner or later you will face servers like yours (Blacktide seems to try to head the same road, e.g.) and that will be the time when you will have to proove yourself.
Wish you the best for the future, a shame we will never have a real competition between the two of us, I would have loved to see what wood you really are made of – but that train left the station long ago.
Keep it respectfull, and you will be respected. Act like children, and people will have nothing but a tired grin for Desolation.
No offence intended, hope you do not get me wrong, all the best.

Poke Menot
Asura thief
Elona Reach

Poke Menot
Asura Thief
Elona Reach

in WvW

Impala.4952

Genev, I have a lot of respect of Blacktide from the last match we had. I think you just got a little more of that.

in WvW

Posted by: Eridani.8317

Eridani.8317

Some epic fighting in VS borderland this evening. Been holding AB keep for a good few hours (and still as I type this) against a combined AS/VS attack (not that it seemed they were allying, we have an orb in there and VS wiped out the AS zerg at one point). People listening to chat, grouping up to try and take supply camps and come to reinforce the keep. Good stuff.

Played briefly with some of you CIR guys on GH. Look forward to facing against you if we’re matched up in the future.

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Played briefly with some of you CIR guys on GH. Look forward to facing against you if we’re matched up in the future.

We’re slowly but surely working our way up, think we need some more work to get to T1 though. We’re really enjoying the fighting in T2,both FSP and ER are strong opponents and we learn more every day, so we might stick around there a while longer before coming to say hi

in WvW

Posted by: Zumazen.6742

Zumazen.6742

Great fights in vz borderlands, AB zerg hitting from the south and VZ zerg from the north at DB. Some how us horrible deso players still have the orb.

Ruin

in WvW

Posted by: romsea.8539

romsea.8539

Well, props from a random VS player.
At this rate and with this kind of time coverage, you will surely climb up to the top sooner or later.
I guess at least we can be proud that it needs almost 4 continents united in one server to compete with us in an all out week (exagerating a bit but hey :p).
Hope we will enjoy some more tight match like the one we’re having, see you on the field.

in WvW

Ravax.1205

So stop complaining Romek.. Narrow minded thinking like that will get you nowhere.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.3406

Moderator.3406

Due to the inflammatory tone of this thread and several violations of the rules that apply to these forums, the thread is now closed. Please keep in mind that if you want to discuss issues on our forums, you have to do it in a constructive way.