Desolation Server: unofficial Anglo American server!

in WvW

Posted by: Archaos.4953

Archaos.4953

To whom it may concern,

I have recently been approached by many North American ex-patriots living in Europe interested in joining a server that has a significant presence of other North American players.

To the extent that such a server exists Desolation is it.

What you can expect on Desolation EU:

English is the primary language spoken. The predominant guilds here are from the United Kingdom and have been a genuine pleasure to work with.

Americans and other North American players are welcomed with open arms and it has thus far been a very positive experience for everyone in Ruin.

Superb organization:

A competent and highly organized community rich server that has achieved without official alliances a level of cooperation far exceeding anything I personally participated in throughout the North American tier 1 servers.

Determination!

Due to language and national barriers server transfers between French, German and English speaking servers are rare. Unlike in the NA servers where players freely transfer from loosing to winning servers European servers rarely see Germans joining French servers etc. The result has been more stable and “scrappy” servers who fight on despite overwhelming odds and give their very best until the last day of matches, rather than surrendering by Monday as in most US matches (check the scores).

in WvW

Posted by: Pherenice.8124

Pherenice.8124

Joined RUIN a few days ago on Desolation and so far i can only say its a very mature competitive guild.
The server itself has excelent players that are not only helpfull but know how to get stuff done.

We are on our way to Tier 1 on next friday reset and there will the real challange begin !!!
Desolation is the choice for competitive guilds thinking of joining a european server that covers multiple time zones.

Shameless bumb !

in WvW

Posted by: igneous.8153

igneous.8153

Desolation is the new Vizunah Square?

in WvW

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

Desolation is the new Vizunah Square?

lol, someone haven’t heard about Arborstone. :o

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

(edited by Troop.1369)

in WvW

Posted by: BlackRabbit.1259

BlackRabbit.1259

“I want to say one thing to the people of the desolation server. I want you to listen to me. I’m going to say this again: I did not have kitten relations with another Server or NA realm.I never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never. These allegations are false. And I need to go back to work for the American people. Thank you.”

in WvW

Posted by: Modeus.7924

Modeus.7924

Been having a blast playing on Desolation as I primarily play at odd hours there has always been great competition.

—Modeus—
—Modea Farstrider—
[RUIN]

in WvW

Posted by: MetalPanda.1293

MetalPanda.1293

Holy crap desolation is an amazing server. This server has the main battle at my playtime which is awesome.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaytee.6357

Jaytee.6357

God Save the Queen

[RUIN] Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Durward.6807

Durward.6807

Join RUIN once you get into Deso! This guild is amazing. Even if it isn’t your NA primetime, you have the very helpful, great attitude Euro players. The overall WvW experience is what I believe ANet had in mind when they created it. Hope to see you guys there!

in WvW

Posted by: Gavello.2813

Gavello.2813

God Save the Queen

As a Englishman and a Canadian i echo this statement.

Goes off on some imperial march on the battlefields for glory and honor

~Ruin~Officer~

in WvW

Posted by: Junal.2469

Junal.2469

God Save the Queen

Don’t you mean Logan?

Junal – Legacy of Raiders [LoR] Co-Leader
Desolation(EU)
http://legacyofraiders.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Zaowi.7098

Zaowi.7098

UK and USA UNITE ! =D

Zaowii
[IRON]
Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Wildman.9641

Wildman.9641

No, the server is Blacktide! The anti Ruin server!

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Blacktide vs deso = cold war.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Qazael.1802

Qazael.1802

Both me and Cyanide are more than happy to have you on Desolation.

And I know I am speaking for everyone in IRON when I say; that we are looking forward to continue our work together on Desolation.

(edited by Qazael.1802)

in WvW

Posted by: Impala.4952

Impala.4952

I was a little skeptical when I found out we were going to EU server but the people of Desolation have really surprised me. They’ve welcomed us warmly and have given me a sense that there’s a deep kinship between us Yanks and Brits that I wasn’t aware of that’s still strong (I also think Canadians, Kiwi’s, Aussies and even South African’s will find this server to be a nice alternative to the shifting population drama filled NA servers). In addition, fighting servers from other countries make it a lot more interesting and they put up a much better fight than what you see in NA servers. There’s also great guilds like [IRON] around that you can communicate and fight with if you can play early during their prime-time or on weekends.

in WvW

Posted by: SkeletalLlama.5381

SkeletalLlama.5381

The EU WvW scene has been a huge improvement over the US. Even when we’re beating them, the players on Kodash, Blacktide and FSP have continued to fight on bravely. The US servers gave up so easily that the matches became very dull, by the end of the week there was either no one to fight or we found ourselves fighting alone against impossible odds. And it’s nice to have allies that are always there when we need them. IRON always has our backs and we’ve got theirs. The Desolation server on the whole has been a welcoming place for us Americans. It’s good to be here.

in WvW

Posted by: Snapple.9251

Snapple.9251

Lets also not forget a number of smaller guilds that have also been vital to the efforts of Deso.
I think it is easy to overlook their importance.
WvW has been especially competitive these last few weeks and its good to see us learn and improve our co-ordination week on week.

[IRON] – SoR
Snappless / Osii

in WvW

Posted by: Quarion.2538

Quarion.2538

Lets ALSO not forget all of our PUBBIES. As a WvW for RUIN and DESO server I can say they are the best ever and have made my play time experience so much better. TY to the DESO server, DESO guilds, and DESO pubbies for the great WvW atmosphere

Quarian – Officer/Diplomat – RUIN
80 – Elementalist
(EU) Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: SkeletalLlama.5381

SkeletalLlama.5381

Yes the general populace, pubs and smaller guilds have all pulled together on Desolation. There’s a lot of communication and cooperation. This server has big potential.