Desolation versus Vizunah Square versus Arborstone

in WvW

Posted by: Archaos.4953

Archaos.4953

Discuss the Tier 1 EU match here:

Please keep conversation civil and mature.

in WvW

Posted by: Gavello.2813

Gavello.2813

Moving into the last night/day. Still anyone’s game between Vizunah and Desolation.

Can’t wait, it’s going to be close!

~Ruin~Officer~

in WvW

Posted by: Reese.7521

Reese.7521

Funny watching Arbor get shafted by VZ, they were left high and dry in that alliance they have.

Looking at the maps past few days, shows Arbor taking VZ assets regularly while Arbor seems to hold off on taking VZ stuff.

Guess they are happy with 3rd place as long as their sister server gets first?

Was that the deal? Get VZ 1st at your expense?

in WvW

Posted by: Duress.8065

Duress.8065

Was today a French bank holiday? Outmanned buff fairly often today during the day. Anyways good fighting all week, had a lot of fun at garrison in arbor today. Keep up the fight teams, it’s taking me back to my DAoC days.

Crumpet Trumpet
[IRON] Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: eiennnoai.9870

eiennnoai.9870

Was today a French bank holiday? Outmanned buff fairly often today during the day. Anyways good fighting all week, had a lot of fun at garrison in arbor today. Keep up the fight teams, it’s taking me back to my DAoC days.

A big last mobilization call by VS, wanna take some spare room before reset.

in WvW

Posted by: JAX.8347

JAX.8347

What happens to VS with out help from another FR server, I think we will see next week. 2 V 1 and Deso still holing even in points tonight.

————

Ruin on Desolation

in WvW

Reese.7521

@Glor

LOL, we shall see how you do with out your FR server as back up next week

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.5789

Rigel.5789

Arborstone will still be in tier 1 next week.

Narai [VoTF] | Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.3406

Moderator.3406

Various postings that were against the rules of this forum have been removed. Please remember not to post off topic and not to be rude or use inflammatory language. Otherwise, this thread will be locked.

in WvW

Posted by: eiennnoai.9870

eiennnoai.9870

Another amazing coincidence. Deso was trying to take keep, and suddenly VS show up to help his slave AR.))

http://i.imgur.com/SfG2s.jpg

And its ridiculous when u say its not 2 vs 1

Errr, did you check that one of them didn’t get wiped after that ? Never got in a 3 way fight ?

in WvW

Posted by: Okamy.8235

Okamy.8235

3 way fight are commons, especially on eternal battlefield. If we should claim there’s an alliance each time we’re in a 3 way fight, i guess we could claim this every day on every tier. I can’t count how many times three server formed a big party in SM at boss, so much fun with the clipping and so many people coming from three direction.

The fact is i think the “there’s an alliance” is just a very convenient tought in almost every case.
If we lose, not our fault, it’s 2vs1.
If we win, we’re so good, we keep a 2vs1.
See ? Very convenient tought.

If you look at fr forum, alliance didn’t last more than a day, there’re multiple topic where AS and VS claim they’ve been betrayed by each other (yes AS think VS betrayed them and VS think AS betrayed them, so fun, isn’t it ?), some topic where AS claim they want to take VS down as much as they can so the score will almost be equal for next week, blabla.

I do like WvW, but i don’t give a kitten about being 1st server nor in tier 1. From my sight, all three servers are very strong at EU primetime. Score are often quite equals. The main difference between these servers is on EU night. AS is like a ghost at this time, VS is sometime very competitive, sometime competely outmanned.
This is clearly showed by the graph on millenium : http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/16

Oh, by the way. It’s not always an alliance either when 2 servers attack the 3rd. Desolation is obviously the most threatening server in T1 this week with its incredible nighcapping force. If VS want to keep the 1st place, they basicaly have to keep desolation income as possible, which mean they’ve no interest to attack AS. And since no server could focus another for a whole week, it makes a lot of sense that desolation get stabbed by both AS and VS sometimes.

in WvW

Posted by: Nylira.3017

Nylira.3017

Hi All,

just a few questions which i didnt ask ingame, i been playing yesterday night for long almost a day except 2 hours off for work. at our battle for AB keep defense last moment, i was dead and ran back to AB to help defense when i enter the inner door, i seen arbor and Vizun at lord room fighting . got a bit shock there so i walk around to check broken door or wall but funny to see there isnt any yet they are being portal by mesmer continously from no where. no offense to anyone , i just want to know what happen that moment cause i find no answer to that. thanks

in WvW

Posted by: tita.6358

tita.6358

oh where are the guys talking yesterday about the “french white flag” ?
desolation have been inexistent on all maps for the last 3 hours? the match is not over guys.
where are those Deso dedicated hardcore players i’ve been earing about?

Tita the Sunless, Vizunah Night Rats
75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Tired from fighting a 2v1 all week? Desolation focussed on AS, and didnt go after VS which is why VS got a lot of rather easy points.
Now that we’ve come close enough to threaten VS, they mobilize to keep themselves ahead. Which shouldnt be to hard since this is the first time VS had to fight all week.

Deso on the otherhand has been fighting a 2 v 1 half this matchup, and had to put in a great effort to just get here. We’ve already done the all-nighters and whatnot this week. Now we’re tired, and all VS has to do is fight serious for 1 night to win this match up, for the first time in this week since AS took the beating for them.

in WvW

Posted by: NightShade.5283

NightShade.5283

Congrats for VS players, tbh this match up is pretty close and fun , and its show that we (deso) still need more to learn,i hope we can do better next week, and last like a wise man said “If you never lose then you can never appreciate the victories.”

Lyan D Deathbringer. male shylvari thief
IRON – Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Vukanigia.5496

Vukanigia.5496

Big respect for VS, you guys are so dedicated and furious that i can only salute you.

Was awake all night checking the score, good job Europe.

in WvW

Posted by: Spleen.7836

Spleen.7836

Please, stop these 2 vs 1 allusions. The alliance didn’t last one day. As it’s a 1 vs 1 vs 1, you will always have the impression you’re attacked by the 2 others as if they work together, because when one side is weak, you attack it. We had the impression AS were focusing us all week too. Plus, you are second, so you are just in the middle, which is the worst place, because the firsts don’t want you to take their place, and thirds want to take yours.

I think Desolation didn’t think it would be a challenge, and is disappointed. You are good, but we are not bad either you know.

in WvW

Posted by: lethal ghost.9458

lethal ghost.9458

Looks like vs going to take it this week, surprised how as fell behind in the points seemed to be better than vs but must lack the 24/7 coverage that vs and deso have. Looking forward to next week, and will the fr help each other so both stay in t1? It’s gunna be fun

in WvW

Spleen.7836

@Terrahero: You should calm yourself, it’s not that bad if you don’t win this week, is it ?
I’m active in WvW and I assure you there is no alliance. Why would AS accept to be third and with so little points ?

in WvW

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Next week should be interesting since Halloween events and French holidays are over. Good luck combatants, I’m hoping AS will have more server and less linguistic pride and stab VS in the back.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in WvW

Spleen.7836

“I’m hoping AS will have more server and less linguistic pride and stab VS in the back.”

Happened 4 days ago, were where you friend ?

in WvW

Posted by: Tycho.1867

Tycho.1867

Next week should be interesting since Halloween events and French holidays are over. Good luck combatants, I’m hoping AS will have more server and less linguistic pride and stab VS in the back.

I don’t know if it’ll be that interesting, the matchup is already close fought now, next week should be a breeze for Desolation, of course Desolation day crew will be slightly weakened aswell, but I think what’ll be capped during the night will be capped sooner and be held longer as there will likely be less resistance. If we (Desolation) don’t completely crumble in the afternoon and primetime it should be in the bag.
That’s what I think anyway. I’m not sure how big an impact the holidays have had really, so it still remains to be seen.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Siotrad.2519

Lord Siotrad.2519

Necro/Mesmer
[ACSK] – [GC]
Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: kharza.3974

kharza.3974

Thanks to VZ and AS for one of the best weeks of WvW I’ve had. I think we got better as a guild, team, server, and I learned many good new tactics this week. I expect this rivalry to continue to get better and I’m pulling for my boys in Blacktide to continue to move up the ranks (NA guilds.. give this server a look.. the EU bracket is just a better place to be if you want to really play WvW where there is more given on the battle field as opposed to the forums).

I fully expected for us (Deso) to get focused this week and you guys delivered. I would also encourage everyone to stop the whole 2v1 or not a 2v1.. either way does it matter? Look at the scoreboard.. that is the story.. period. We fought hard and took second place, which is the first loser. We need to get better and I think we will because this is the first server I’ve been on that is determined to work together and has zero politics.

You can tell this was a good matchup too… I think this set the record for the most threads locked/deleted for one matchup.

in WvW

Posted by: Phara Miu.2816

Phara Miu.2816

Once a german server enters Tier 1 the cake will be quite diffrent then it is now.
80% of the time we are doubled by VS / AS, wich is normal tough as they are from the same country.
But it was impressive play from Desolation this week for sure.

I play on 2 servers with 2 diffrent accounts and i played on Deso alot more this week
Great to see what Deso has become !
Dont forget Desolation hadnt lost a match in all beta’s it was when Far Shiverpeaks and VS enterd the stage when kitten hit the fan and mass transfers to other server happended.

To come back to this stage in tier 1 is epic !!!

in WvW

Reese.7521

Please, stop these 2 vs 1 allusions. The alliance didn’t last one day. As it’s a 1 vs 1 vs 1, you will always have the impression you’re attacked by the 2 others as if they work together, because when one side is weak, you attack it. We had the impression AS were focusing us all week too. Plus, you are second, so you are just in the middle, which is the worst place, because the firsts don’t want you to take their place, and thirds want to take yours.

I think Desolation didn’t think it would be a challenge, and is disappointed. You are good, but we are not bad either you know.

This is laughable, your delusional if you cant see their was some alliance maybe not 100% of the time but certainly 80% of the WvW time you FR servers were working together.

Its also ridiculous you gripe about a US Guild playing on Deso giving them some night coverage, the past 3 nights VS has had more night crew than Deso has had, seems any resistance at your night activity is a bad thing for you.

in WvW

Posted by: ladyfabulous.1403

ladyfabulous.1403

What is happening with your homemap?

in WvW

Posted by: ZainAzhar.5308

ZainAzhar.5308

GG guys well played everyone. After this weeks match i am so Tired TBH, i feel like i can sleep for a week lol. Staying up all night for wvw and waking up early took a lot out of me.

Gratz to Vizu for winning this week, might be different next time.

Mesmer – Churaill
Desolation [EU]

in WvW

tita.6358

“What is happening with your homemap?”
VS nightcapping at his best ! + alliance with AS!

Attachments:

75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Hedon.7580

Hedon.7580

For the 2vs1 story….. i’d say welcome in T1 guys ; it’s the way here ; when you see the 2 others servs busy fighting at a place the third will always backstab one .
Oh and tell Ruin to check for mesmer after taking a place…. was so funny last night on TS when our hidden mesmer told us they didn’t even tried to find him…. or is this intended to get more karma on recap after?

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Well pld Vs, you lot came out in force last night, we just could not compete.

Hopefully next week will be even closer. We need to improve on saturdays and hopefully with less pve events we can have a better turn out.

Stop griping about 2vs1 it is what it is, deal with it. It is tier 1 it should be tough. Best match up we have had in a long time.

And we have come 2nd which is not bad at all.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Jaghen.8314

Jaghen.8314

You got trolled Glor
Inexisting alliance and 3PM nightcap ^^

in WvW

tita.6358

yes US are sleeping. it’s nightcapping :p
and about the alliance. we gave the blue paint to AS they painted the doors for us.

my post was not serious/dumb yes…

75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Ethano.9706

Ethano.9706

Here on deso and from big bad Ruin, we had fun. There was so much fighting whenever I logged on, it was great. We won battles and we lost battles. The French fought hard and deserved this win. I’d like to think mutual respect was gained by all despite the metagame trolling taking place on the forums. I expect the next matchup will be just as fair, contested and balanced as this one past. Lets keep the fight on the field and remain sportsman in the forums. See you all again tonight!

in WvW

Posted by: Rainbow.3289

Rainbow.3289

Mutual respect? Towards EU Desolation players, IRON guild and some other yea sure. Towards RUIN…I won’t say anything…

in WvW

Posted by: Zumazen.6742

Zumazen.6742

Tita its called day capping which is done while people are at work. Grats VZ on your win, looking forward to the new match.

Ruin

in WvW

Posted by: Sombike.6291

Sombike.6291

By new match u mean the same match again?

LeBlop – [Dius] – Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

Was a tough fight this week, but a ton-o-fun. Next week should be awesome. The 2v1 aspect is annoying, but heh, if that’s the way it’s dealt then sure, we’ll give it a punt (oh and don’t bring the “The alliance ended on monday!” nonsense; I have a screenie from yesterday showing AS + VS working side by side to wipe desolation players and destroy siege banks.

Regardless, this has been a really enjoyable week, looking forward to the next one…

Also… this match up isn’t quite done

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

No, AS are not the slave of VS or all other bullkitten like this. And their is no more alliance btw AS and VS since the end of the week end ( very simple to see, the weekend we can stay the 3 serv in the same score, after AS fall… ). GG to VS for resist to Deso, next week will be not the same…

The problem of VS and AS ( and all the other serv in general ) atm vs Deso is very simple, Deso can have a great presence h24 with the us guild to make the relay for the night.. it’s not the case of VS and AS. ( i don’t say it’s bad that US inc in EU serv.., just the case atm. )

VS make great effort to win this match up ( aka event at 4am etc… ), AS can’t follow the rhythm and VS can keep very long like this. It’s a Pryyhus victory in some way. So Deso will come the EU N°1 next week or week after it’s the same. GG for you.

Atm on AS it’s like that all the leecher leave to VS or other serv… in 2 week our waiting time for inc in WvW became very low… Well it’s very good for the prime time, but for all the rest of the day.. it’s don"t understand, it’s like 50% of our wvw pop just go.. in 1 week..

Hope the next matchup we can make better than this for AS. But it’s not so dramatic to. Maybe some week in d2 can be cool to rebuild.

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

To Arborstone players. If it’s any consolation to you, I always deemed you a worthy opponent and can’t wait to meet you again on the battlefield.

Wish I could say the same about Vizunah, but I can’t… I respect most of them (even though some seem to feel the need to insult and spread lies close to the level of communist propaganda about Desolation), but in my opinion you guys from Arborstone are twice the fighters they are and you deserve the spot in top tier!

/salute

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in WvW

Posted by: lethal ghost.9458

lethal ghost.9458

I felt arb were better than vs, think arb lose out on coverage for 24 hours. I’m sure if they had more night time coverage like deso and vs they would be top

in WvW

Posted by: Muan.1029

Muan.1029

[CaSu] Canadians still dominating EU, Desolation & now NA RUIN.

Muan — Janitor of [CaSu]
Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: zedtanga.6571

zedtanga.6571

I find it interesting that the op never came back to say ’’Congratulations’’ to the victor.

But could not wait to be the 1st to put this thread up for last weeks match.

I understand this weeks match has started but really show some manly Sportsmanship oriented traits.

Good Match to all involved. Well played, especially those with no night crew.

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/history/6

Cheers!

‘’He once brought a knife to a gunfight… just to even the odds’’

in WvW

Posted by: Nylira.3017

Nylira.3017

hi all,

was wondering with the picture i snap at garrison. pls view. why that arborstone invader is not attacked by viz invader since they claim not to be allied?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Jaghen.8314

Jaghen.8314

Well why is he not being killed by Desolation players, one of which is closer than any VS player, if Arborstone and Desolation are not allied ?

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Desolation players are some of the most paranoid people I’ve seen on these forums.

There is no 2v1. Repeat after me… THERE IS NO 2V1.

Now say that 50 times or take something to get over that paranoia.

If you need further proof, look at the picture attached above (@tita).
@Nylira, OMG 2 PLAYERS AWAY FROM A ZERG AREN’T ATTACKED! CONSPIRACY!

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone,

due to the high number of off-topic posts and players being accused of being spies, this thread is closed.

Greetings