Dev livestream: Ready Up: Jan 31 @ 2PM - EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Question: at this current state of WvW, why would I care about winning it? And what can you do to change so I actually do care about the win?

My solution would be season 2.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Question: at this current state of WvW, why would I care about winning it? And what can you do to change so I actually do care about the win?

“Anet, you should hire me, seriously.” (your sig)

Please no, not if you think Season 2 would be the solution to anything.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Q: With the massive outcry against the design philosophy behind SkyHammer, do you think it was prudent for the team responsible for EotM to follow a similar philosophy.

Q: Taking into account the plethora of push/pull/knockback/blow out skills and the necessity of stability in the majority of WvW encounters do you think EotM will contribute anything meaningful to the disparity of class composition in WvW. In short two guardians per party to counter today’s meta doesn’t look like it will be changing any time soon.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

In what way was Season 1 a success? I can’t think of a single thing they did right and I can’t think of a single reason I would ever consider participating in a second one.

in WvW

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

I don’t really care about WvW… on the other hand this map will be awesome for small group pvp farming.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

In what way was Season 1 a success? I can’t think of a single thing they did right and I can’t think of a single reason I would ever consider participating in a second one.

It provided a structure and incentive for people to actually go to WvW and BE THE BEST THAT YOU CAN BE I guess is what I would say if I were him. Whether it actually did that is up for debate.

Personally, I enjoyed having some structure over the top of the matchup system and would welcome a Season 2, but more tweaking wouldn’t be unappreciated.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Ntranced.7415

Ntranced.7415

No thanks to season 2, not unless/until there is some kind of pro-active work done on balancing the WvWvW population and increasing the rewards. I think you would find season 2 would largely be received with an underwelming “meh” by most of the core WvWvW players for those two reasons. Season1 was just “which server is most populated and hence will be above others who do not have the same level of population” and season 2 right now would be the same except just not as intense.

I’d like to also know why there are so many ledges to be pushed off in EoTM, are Anet planning to give any stability to Necros or unless we can party with a stability buffing class we might as well stay out?

Aurora Glade [KISS]

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

Can you explain what other WvW changes so we can maybe give you some good questions?

Like account bound WXP?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/01/30/guild-wars-2-edge-of-the-mists-qanda-with-devon-carver/

“While account-bound World XP was originally intended to go live along with EotM, the highly anticipated change will not be making it into next week’s release. Carver said that ArenaNet is still working out some kinks with it and that the WvW team will have more information for players soon. "

in WvW

Posted by: nsurgnie.2630

nsurgnie.2630

How will this help lower tier servers in WvW? Is there any talk or discussion about merging some of the low tier servers? Kaineeng/Devona’s Rest?

in WvW

Cactus.2710

It provided a structure and incentive for people to actually go to WvW and BE THE BEST THAT YOU CAN BE I guess is what I would say if I were him. Whether it actually did that is up for debate.

Personally, I enjoyed having some structure over the top of the matchup system and would welcome a Season 2, but more tweaking wouldn’t be unappreciated.

Now that was cute. Laughably naive, but cute. Season 1 provided a structure and incentive to actually go to a high pop server and BE PART OF THE LARGEST GROUP THAT YOU CAN. The top ten keys to winning in WvW (in season or otherwise), in order of priority, would look something like this:

1. highest population
2. highest population
3. highest population
4. highest population
5. highest population
6. greatest coverage 24/7
7. greatest coverage 24/7
8. greatest coverage 24/7
9. best server organization/communication
10. best commander knowledge/tactics

Being the best you can be as an individual wouldn’t even make the list.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

To surmise the Livestream

Nothing
Nothing Nothing
Ascended drop chance increase in wvw/Teq (from 0.00001 to 0.00002)
Nothing
Quaggan

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Now that was cute. Laughably naive, but cute. Season 1 provided a structure and incentive to actually go to a high pop server and BE PART OF THE LARGEST GROUP THAT YOU CAN. The top ten keys to winning in WvW (in season or otherwise), in order of priority, would look something like this:

1. I’d put 24/7 coverage over high population
2. Is server organisation/communication not a component of skill?
3. Is commander skill/knowledge not a component of skill?
4. I specifically included that it didn’t necessarily succeed in this endeavour.

Please don’t bring the forums down by flinging mud.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: ZhouFusion.1826

ZhouFusion.1826

I only saw the last few minutes of the livestream. and wonder if i should watch it all from the start. (unless u guys tell me the Guaggan finisher was all i needed to see).

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

I only saw the last few minutes of the livestream. and wonder if i should watch it all from the start. (unless u guys tell me the Guaggan finisher was all i needed to see).

thats really all you need to see.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: ZhouFusion.1826

ZhouFusion.1826

thats really all you need to see.

Oke thanks, then i know enuf.
Ques i won’t come back yet have fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

1. highest population
2. highest population
3. highest population
4. highest population
5. highest population
6. greatest coverage 24/7
7. greatest coverage 24/7
8. greatest coverage 24/7
9. best server organization/communication
10. best commander knowledge/tactics

Being the best you can be as an individual wouldn’t even make the list.

That’s why lower tiers are more fun in my opinion, because one dedicated player CAN make a difference.

in WvW

Posted by: gidorah.4960

gidorah.4960

so other than the quaggan finisher was there any new information at all?

in WvW

Posted by: Libertine Lush.1320

Libertine Lush.1320

so other than the quaggan finisher was there any new information at all?

Not much at all. As usual, Dulfy.net has an overview. And no Q&A to address the questions we were invited to broach here, despite the impression given in the opening post:

If you have any burning questions about EotM that you’d like to ask, feel free to respond below.

Thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

i missed the livestream but i see from the notes that if you win the EotM match you get a supply drop in the citadel of your borderland map. but if EotM is an overflow map people from my server could be in one overflow that wins and another that loses.

so how does it determine where/when to drop supply?

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

There is a couple of concerns I have for this new map release, don’t get me wrong it looks fantastic and it looks as if it’s designed to try and spread out the servers more.

But the concern I have is that right now there is very little incentive for people to dive into the main WvW. Once this map goes live why would anyone, especially on the lower servers or servers that are outnumbered consider diving into the main map to get zerged when they can dive into an overflow map that contains people from all different servers and you are more than likely going to have a balanced match up. It could end up having a more detrimental effect to WvW in the longer term as servers prefer to dive into overflow rather than be zerged to death constantly in the main maps.

The second concern I have is the map is a knockback, launch etc heaven and certain classes are lacking in the stability department. I suspect that once the initial newness wears off all we are going to have is Guardians and Warriors running hammers to launch people off the edges and other classes equipping their launch utilities and if you’re lucky enough to roll a class with stability your good but if you’re one of the other ones, prepare to spend alot of time flying through the air praying your not being launched over the edge.

I do hope im wrong tho and I am looking forward to trying the new map out.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

in WvW

Cactus.2710

1. I’d put 24/7 coverage over high population
2. Is server organisation/communication not a component of skill?
3. Is commander skill/knowledge not a component of skill?
4. I specifically included that it didn’t necessarily succeed in this endeavour.

Please don’t bring the forums down by flinging mud.

What part of “individual” did you miss?

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

is the stream on youtube now?

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Only have 1 question: When will you guys fix the current maps we have like all the bugs and glitches before coming with new content? i really dont get it

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Only have 1 question: When will you guys fix the current maps we have like all the bugs and glitches before coming with new content? i really dont get it

It is easier to release new content that will please some and keep others busy for a couple of months than it is to scroll through all their coding to find that small error which allows these bugs and exploits.

Remember the orbs, why fix it when they can remove them, claim they will fix it soon, then have this bloodlust bs instead.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Will there be any update on commander system also? I guess not, but it’s worth to ask…

The single biggest, and probably the easiest, change to enhance WvW. A flexible and useful grouping system to meet ALL player and guild styles. Anet already has all the feedback on what players want….. we need to see some action on this.

C&S system is simply a sub-par one trick pony grouping system atm.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Hey all,

Thanks for tuning in. We had some tech difficulties on Friday and we weren’t able to show off quite as much as we would have liked. We got thrown off quite a bit, haha. We’ll be involving WvW more as the show evolves, so don’t fret.

For those who didn’t catch the stream, Dulfy has a recap here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1wokcp/edge_of_the_mists_developer_livestream_notes/

Also, this: http://i.imgur.com/u5le6Fm.gif