Dev statement on recent WvW stability issues?

in WvW

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

Q:

WvW has seen a drastic decrease in performance since the start of the league and so far we’ve heard nothing from the devs. During EU prime time WvW has been rendered unplayable by constant desyncs and skill lag – a problem that has been reported across many servers. In the past such events were limited to huge SM 100+ man fights, but recently they’ve happened regardless of numbers involved, it even happens when not in combat.

This post isn’t really about that though, it’s about the lack of communication from the devs. Have you acknowledged the problem and are you doing anything to solve it? Can it be solved in the short term? At this point i’d be up for lowering the WvW map population until a solution is found, i’d rather queue than endure the constant frustration that is WvW right now.

I’m incredibly excited about WvW going forward. The GvG arena, the rehauled queueing system, and the new map overflow are all amazing additions. WvW in 2014 is going to rock, but what do we do now?

Show us some love devs, tell us what’s going on.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

(edited by fab.3298)

in WvW

Posted by: SgtJanitor.3164

SgtJanitor.3164

Pretty much this. Communication is key.

I’m not upset because the skill lag is ridiculous, I’m only somewhat upset because nobody is explaining to us what is being done about it. Please let us know so we can all calm down for you all to do your jobs!

Heurix
Authorized Shoutcaster for ArenaNet, ESL, and DPS

in WvW

Posted by: Drae.3189

Drae.3189

Devs did respond to this. Seach Skill Lag. But the basic answer is they are working on it. “end of October” was the last date I think they gave. Something about optimizations to the server side.

[GoF] Booty Kawl – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Moghwar.8706

Moghwar.8706

There is indeed some statement about those optimization, but there is no statement on what’s going on mainly since the reset on friday. The other post about optimization is more than a week old, but I can’t find it now. I begin to think someone screwed up something so big, they don’t even know how to tell us.

[dw] Guardian | Raidlead