Devs/Anet representative feedback request

in WvW

Posted by: VladR.9827

VladR.9827

Dear Anet,

Can we please receive any feedback from devs/Anet representatives regarding current plans/state of the wvw? Or will you ignore us (the wvw community) for another 2 weeks of massive numbers of complaints posts until another release patch notes stating few or no changes to the current issues the wvw has?

Please ANET, kindly respond as we (the wvw community – your customers) feel ignored in every aspect now.

With Regards,
wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

@OP

Agree with your post…+1

Devs/ANet – Please consider posting through locked threads to at least start a 1 way monologue of your thoughts that can go out to the WvW Community. You’ll be able to control & update your “official” thread based on feedback found in other posted threads.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

Dude you can request all day long, nobody will show up here. Anet has a long history of ignoring their player base if it comes to criticism. Of course if you will do a “Thanks Anet for….. whatever” post, you will not have to wait long for a response.

Post on reddit, at least there sometimes somebody official shows up out of nowhere.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in WvW

Diku.2546

@draugris

Are you sure it’s really a dev/anet responding on reddit…and not some imposter?

Does reddit’s logon tie back to our GW2 game logon?

Sorry, but I don’t use reddit…so I don’t know any better.

To access this forum – You need to have a valid GW2 account from what I understand.

I would think it’s better if Dev/Anet responded here…knowing they’re directly speaking to a customer that paid for GW2…right?

Not sure if “Free” accounts have access to this forum.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

@draugris

Are you sure it’s really a dev/anet responding on reddit…and not some imposter?

Does reddit’s logon tie back to our GW2 game logon?

Sorry, but I don’t use reddit…so I don’t know any better.

To access this forum – You need to have a valid GW2 account from what I understand.

I would think it’s better if Dev/Anet responded here…knowing they’re directly speaking to customer that paid for GW2…right?

When they post on reddit/twitter you see the change in game shortly after. (Like Roy insta nerfing rangers in less than 24 hours)
When they post here they say thing like, “No really guys… *snickers… we are totally listening.” and then they don’t do anything for months/years, and when they finally do make changes they purposefully ignore player requests and try to change WvW to how they feel people should play it, i.e. karma train.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Diku.2546

@Jim Hunter

pop! <— Sound of my bubble bursting.

Meow…meow…meow…

Still looking for my WvW inner peace.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

@Jim Hunter

pop! <— Sound of my bubble bursting.

Meow…meow…meow…

Still looking for my WvW inner peace.

Sorry bud. I would love for a dev to come prove me wrong but I doubt that will happen. When have we ever gotten anything more than some form of “we’re listening”?

LGN

in WvW

Diku.2546

@Jim Hunter

It’s hard to start a dialogue when the other party is hostile.

I still stand by my suggestion that Dev/Anet should at least consider opening a monologue through locked threads to the WvW Community.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

@Jim Hunter

I still stand by my suggestion that Dev/Anet should at least consider opening a monologue through locked threads to the WvW Community.

It’s even harder to start a dialogue when the other party is nonexistent.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

They’ve pretty much been ignoring the WvW community since launch. Any and all hostility is in response to their neglect. This isn’t a chicken and the egg thing. In the beginning, people were very friendly towards them and….. nuthin’. And over time, the community grew less and less friendly as a result.

The kicker? People were far more hostile in the PvE sections, especially when Ascended gear dropped, and devs were very active there, with countless posts and meaningful discussions. The fact of the matter is, WvW just isn’t important to them. They want a revolving door of PvEers, because that’s who they can milk money out of it. And that’s not me spewing hate, that’s just the reality of the situation.

Now, sure, there will be some White Knights who try to rewrite reality by completely ignoring history and any semblance of logic, but…. there’s usually only about 5 of them roaming around the forums at any given point in time. While the names may change, the overall number of them tend to stay the same. Which is pretty odd when you sit down and think about it. Add in that if you really pay attention to them over an extended period of time, the sheer mountain of lies that they have to rely on becomes very apparent and obvious. They’ll say one thing in one thread one day, then the complete opposite in another thread a few days later, telling two completely different and conflicting stories, or taking two completely different sides. They also generally tend to try to browbeat people who criticize the state of things, make constant nitpicking demands, or unreasonable demands, then act as though if the person doesn’t jump through hoops for them that the person isn’t allowed to be unsatisfied. Which….. if you’ve ever actually studied the subject, fits the mold of the psychopath. You have the pathological lying, the gaslighting, the blatant manipulation attempts, the lack of empathy, playing the victim when confronted, and even the parasitic behavior.

The entire situation is a very sick, sad state of affairs that should never have been allowed to happen, but this didn’t originate with the WvW community. The WvW community has simply been reacting accordingly to the outright neglect and abuse its been shown. It isn’t a surprise when a starved, beaten dog snarls at people. The same concept applies here.

EDIT: Also, they’re most likely going to lock this thread.

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Bump for Arenanet response.

(edited by dzeRnumbrd.6129)

in WvW

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

@Jim Hunter

That… or there could be a new form of thread based on forum rep, where people either are allowed in or locked out depending on the manner with which they provide feedback/help others/etc. I’ve seen other forums with rep levels (although I’m not sure how they work, myself), so I’m sure something like that is possible.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

VladR.9827

bump … with less hope…

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Haven’t we learned anything in the past month? If you want anet to address a problem with their product, a forum posting with AT LEAST 3000 replies is required. Otherwise, it’s just normal, everyday player whining.

Osu

in WvW

Diku.2546

Just need another 2,986 more replies. That’s going to be hard.

Please don’t spam…

Still hoping ANet considers opening up a monologue through locked threads to the WvW Community.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Phantom.8130

Haven’t we learned anything in the past month? If you want anet to address a problem with their product, a forum posting with AT LEAST 3000 replies is required. Otherwise, it’s just normal, everyday player whining.

To be fair, when ascended gear came in, the thread there was massive, and very much against it, and…. they pretty much said “yeah, whatever” and went through with it anyway. Plus this is the WvW forum, where a “yeah, whatever” would be a welcomed change from the overwhelming amount of silence. So… over the past 3 years, we’ve learned…. Anet’s stance is “whatevah, we do what we want!”

in WvW

Posted by: xXBAKESXx.6731

xXBAKESXx.6731

bump for that 3000 reply thread of sort this kittenen wvw out because im sad and want to play with 100% enjoyment!

in WvW

Posted by: Kirito.2195

Kirito.2195

Completely left in the dark, really sad. As much as this gamemode has completely rekt my irl life I love it with a passion for some reason. Doesn’t feel the same at all. Server hopping cuz ded servers, ebg only, ded guilds, stability nerf STILL not reverted back /shrug, -condi duration(even further nerfs to frontline play), can’t waypoint to hills and Fire Keep on your own BL – no one wants to walk all that way every single time to check for swords or whatever, new keeps are kitten near impossible to defend maybe I just suck but I tried it for a long time and it was really hard, no rewards at all for defending/PPT, feels like you’re trolling by just defending lol, bags you recieve are kitten worthless 3s per heavy bag. -sigh- can’t roam because new op classes (Didn’t buy expansion rip me)(wall of kitten text(wall of kitten text)) BabyRage

edit: AUTOMATIC UPGRADED FORTIFIED GATES LOL WHY, seriously why why why why why? For real the least you can do is implement ram autoattack so that poor soul doing the dirty deed doesn’t have to spam his/her 1 and 2 key for 15 painful minutes.

edit for kittensandwich: However the new squad ui is really awesome, best update wvw recieved since game release IMO hahaha (correct me if i’m wrong)

Vyrinn

(edited by Kirito.2195)

in WvW

Posted by: casantis.3106

casantis.3106

Yes, the new squad is aweasome.

But the only option to fight right now is EBG, because the crap of home borders.

Por la Razón o la Fuerza [CL]

in WvW

VladR.9827

the hope .. died … thanks anet

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

I know for a fact that Anet is working on some things to address wvw, but for some reason they’re not talking about them even if they’re changes we’ve been asking for. Terrible PR decision if you ask me.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

I know for a fact that Anet is working on some things to address wvw, but for some reason they’re not talking about them even if they’re changes we’ve been asking for. Terrible PR decision if you ask me.

Can you prove that fact, ie are you one of the actual devs actually working on it, or is this more along the line of ‘I was in the pub the other day, and overheard someone say something about them working on some stuff for wvw’.

Or are you directly connected with Anet or someone who works there and is working on wvw?

Otherwise, we’ll believe it (if we’re still around) when we see it. Too many past promises of future improvements under the bridge (CDI’s, LOL!) to think any more optimistically than that.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Dear Anet,

Can we please receive any feedback from devs/Anet representatives regarding current plans/state of the wvw? Or will you ignore us (the wvw community) for another 2 weeks of massive numbers of complaints posts until another release patch notes stating few or no changes to the current issues the wvw has?

Please ANET, kindly respond as we (the wvw community – your customers) feel ignored in every aspect now.

With Regards,
wvw player

1. As stated in above posts, wrong forum, you need to post in redit, facebook, twitter, etc. Best to do so in all 3 of these places then some other ones and wait and see.

2. There is something going on at A-Net, where devs are talking, or going to talk to actual WVW commanders, we were on TS3 when our commander got contacted, so something IS in the works, but what when etc. no idea. They might post something based on results of what comes out of that once they make any decisions and commit to a course of action, but not before.

3. Its a holiday week in USA and A-Net is USA based company. Most companies here have a 4 day weekend starting thursday, and on top of that a LOT of people are taking 3 days of vacations to get the rest of the week off, my own company is 1/2 empty this entire week. I would suspect something similar is going on at A-Net, especially that they were most likely pulling a lot of overtime for HOT launch and after, they need a break. So a whole lot of them may simply be on vacation/holiday.

Now after the holidays, you should really make these posts all over the place including ones I mentioned, maybe you will get something for your effort.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

2. There is something going on at A-Net, where devs are talking, or going to talk to actual WVW commanders, we were on TS3 when our commander got contacted, so something IS in the works, but what when etc. no idea. They might post something based on results of what comes out of that once they make any decisions and commit to a course of action, but not before.

They also had a “adopt a dev” program going on for WvW guilds and the only thing they did afterwards was nerfing stability – probably because they wrecked poor public blobs with their WvW guild with ease.
So talking with actual WvW commanders isn’t a good sign at all. They should bring up their kitten ideas on the forums, where we can discuss about it. Just stop this bullkitten “fixes” and changes without any warning and talk to your kitten community before they are even more frustrated because of your awesome changes/events/fixes.

…but hey! I don’t think they will respond at all to this thread, but hope dies last.

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

in WvW

Melanion.4892

Can you prove that fact, ie are you one of the actual devs actually working on it, or is this more along the line of ‘I was in the pub the other day, and overheard someone say something about them working on some stuff for wvw’.

Or are you directly connected with Anet or someone who works there and is working on wvw?

Otherwise, we’ll believe it (if we’re still around) when we see it. Too many past promises of future improvements under the bridge (CDI’s, LOL!) to think any more optimistically than that.

Well, I know people who are in direct communication with devs, so that’s one thing. I don’t want to get them in trouble and misrepresent the things that are intended. But another is that they have changed things in wvw that haven’t been addressed publicly. You can no longer rally off pve creatures in wvw. Server population was artificially inflated so that 6 or 12 servers were full (depending on your region) and after a few people complained/pointed out that the algorithm for measuring server populations was flawed, it miraculously fixes itself.

I’m not going to be a white knight for Anet. I’m annoyed by it, as well. I’m annoyed that I know things are happening behind the scenes but literally do not know if anything will come of them. I’m annoyed that there is no communication whatsoever. I’m annoyed that we were told that wvw work would begin once HoT was released and they’re not at the point where they feel like they could tell us where they’re at as far as changes. I’m annoyed that they say they’ll tell us about things once they’re closer to being released and then legit spring things on us last minute like the reset day changes. I’m endlessly annoyed and where I used to play wvw for 2-3 hours any night when I wasn’t busy, I now actively seek things to busy myself with so I don’t have to wvw. That includes farming the silverwastes, an act which I was vehemently opposed to only 4 weeks ago.

in WvW

Phantom.8130

Well, if you can, send word through the grapevine and direct the devs to this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Constructive-Features-for-a-good-BL-map/first#post5794055

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Please bring old maps back!

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

It’s good to hear that Anet are talking to, or will be talking to, some selected WvW commanders but this also worries me.

I understand that probably people can’t be named, no problems there, but look at the current Desert Borderlands: if you wanted a map that was good for large group epic fights then it’s actually not bad at all. What has killed it however is the fact that it’s not easy to learn your way round from the start and many of the roamers and small groups feel they can’t or don’t want to face T3 upgrade stuff all the time. It seems to be the quiet time players and smaller groups who have seen the biggest impact of the change.

If you go by numbers then reset onwards for 2 hours is a lot of players – and it’s about big fights. The other 22 hours are a bit quieter… and we need WvW to work then too.

If you go by numbers then the top tiers make up perhaps the majority of WvW players – and those players are on those servers for the big fights. The other 5 or 6 tiers are a bit quieter and we need WvW to work for them too…

Either way, if the conversations between chosen players and Anet don’t include some people who understand the smaller scale of play for non-prime time and lower tier servers, I fear we’re going to face the same situation we have now.

in WvW

Melanion.4892

It’s good to hear that Anet are talking to, or will be talking to, some selected WvW commanders but this also worries me.

I understand that probably people can’t be named, no problems there, but look at the current Desert Borderlands: if you wanted a map that was good for large group epic fights then it’s actually not bad at all. What has killed it however is the fact that it’s not easy to learn your way round from the start and many of the roamers and small groups feel they can’t or don’t want to face T3 upgrade stuff all the time. It seems to be the quiet time players and smaller groups who have seen the biggest impact of the change.

If you go by numbers then reset onwards for 2 hours is a lot of players – and it’s about big fights. The other 22 hours are a bit quieter… and we need WvW to work then too.

If you go by numbers then the top tiers make up perhaps the majority of WvW players – and those players are on those servers for the big fights. The other 5 or 6 tiers are a bit quieter and we need WvW to work for them too…

Either way, if the conversations between chosen players and Anet don’t include some people who understand the smaller scale of play for non-prime time and lower tier servers, I fear we’re going to face the same situation we have now.

Yes. I’m not one of the commanders they’ll be talking to, but I know that some (probably many) came from tier 1 because that’s where Anet’s immediate focus seems to be. However, I suggested a few people from tier 3 who are more fights oriented than ppt oriented, so maybe that will help in some way.

Realistically, Anet’s not going to do away with their new map. Asking for it to be gone is dumb, but I’m hoping that at least some of the people Anet’s going to be talking to will at least give something workable to them…

in WvW

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Yes. I’m not one of the commanders they’ll be talking to, but I know that some (probably many) came from tier 1 because that’s where Anet’s immediate focus seems to be. However, I suggested a few people from tier 3 who are more fights oriented than ppt oriented, so maybe that will help in some way.

Realistically, Anet’s not going to do away with their new map. Asking for it to be gone is dumb, but I’m hoping that at least some of the people Anet’s going to be talking to will at least give something workable to them…

I’ve seen a lot of people asking for it to go out the door, but firstly Anet did put work into it, and secondly it’s kind of silly to ask for real-estate to be erased. Better if it’s kept as an alternative map (like EotM). I find it strange and sad that they completely removed the old alpine map instead of moving it to the sidelines as an alternative map instead; I’d still wander those idyllic rolling hills, even if it was empty.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Darklight.5487

Darklight.5487

Well i know someone in the WvW dev team who says that you are a story teller, so who is right now?
The person i know from a-nets dev team or your person?

Or do we both don’t know anything and you just try being important?

Sorry, I lost all my hope in a-net doing the right thing so its not personal against you its just me beeing over and over skeptic towards anything that would include a-net talking to the right ones. I guess they have chosen ther all time fav beloved streaming dullys.
Well at least one could give proper feedback if i would not believe that he is a typical German that crys out loud on his stream but dosent have the balls to talk for real if its needed.

in WvW

Melanion.4892

Well i know someone in the WvW dev team who says that you are a story teller, so who is right now?
The person i know from a-nets dev team or your person?

Or do we both don’t know anything and you just try being important?

Sorry, I lost all my hope in a-net doing the right thing so its not personal against you its just me beeing over and over skeptic towards anything that would include a-net talking to the right ones. I guess they have chosen ther all time fav beloved streaming dullys.
Well at least one could give proper feedback if i would not believe that he is a typical German that crys out loud on his stream but dosent have the balls to talk for real if its needed.

I mean, it seems Yuffi and I know something that your dev friend either doesn’t know or won’t tell you (because he doesn’t exist maybe?) or isn’t allowed to tell you. Anet is working on something. Few details exist as to what it is. I don’t want to sound important, I’m far from the only person who knows about it. I just don’t want to speculate as to what that entails. I’m still relatively in the dark about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Mandragoran.2854

Mandragoran.2854

in WvW

Posted by: Wevie.8972

Wevie.8972

I haven’t given the new desert map enough playtime to really comment, everytime i’ve tried I get frustrated with the amount of running and going the wrong way. One time I tried catching up the commander and ended up spending more time going up down backwards and around; I was chasing shadows of my own commander that I never caught up in 30 mins lol.

Other than that, I have faith in gw2 that they will change things for the better, and i’m enjoying Eternal Battlegrounds as there’s always stuff going on.

Is really nice to see comments from the team though, like from Mandragoran’s link as I dont tend to see much comments/news, especially on this forum. (I only really check this forum for updates etc, I dont use reddit myself).

in WvW

Posted by: omegazone.9254

omegazone.9254

It is TIME Anet let us know your plans for our WvW !

(Blub) Brotherhood of blub
Piken Square