Diable inviting people from other servers

in WvW

Posted by: Pixelninja.6971

Pixelninja.6971

Disable inviting people from other servers in WvW pls. Some people get really mad, they invite you to their party to look up your name and then spam LFM requests with your name on GW2LFG.

in WvW

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

Disable inviting people from other servers in WvW pls. Some people get really mad, they invite you to their party to look up your name and then spam LFM requests with your name on GW2LFG.

What does this have to do with wvw?

in WvW

Posted by: ChroNoS.6978

ChroNoS.6978

That is brilliant.

Qronuz – Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: manbearpig.8095

manbearpig.8095

so basicly you ran into a 3 year old gg.

don’t disable inviteing other servers I do it all the time just before reset as a group of us run around goofing off (shooting off fireworks tonics and so on) and sometimes its fun to just chitchat with the other side when fooling around

kintai yuhara 80 necro [RE]

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

It’s annoying but take comfort in the fact that somebody/somewhere cares enough (or has no life) to actually take the time to lovingly handcraft a trollpost just for you on GW2LFG, in the hopes that it’ll make you super duper mad and remind you of them. ♥

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Pixelninja.6971

Read the text?! Some kitten people invite you to their party in wvw when they loose. I usually don’t accept invites from other server in wvw, but they can see your name even if you don’t accept the invite.

Better solution would be to not show the name, if you don’t accept the invite.

(edited by Pixelninja.6971)

in WvW

Posted by: sssstrick.9283

sssstrick.9283

this thread needs to be renamed to QQ lol

Legendary Strick

in WvW

Pixelninja.6971

this thread needs to be renamed to QQ lol

You wan’t to see it for yourself how much fun it is to get 5 invtes per minute and people whispering you constanly for invites?

(edited by Pixelninja.6971)

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

They just need to fix the bug of being able to see account/player name if you waypoint while having a pending invite.

Cross server invites themselves are not harmful (assuming the bug isn’t abused) since you can just decline them.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

They dont need to invite you to your party to get your name, the forums are full with names. It has nothing to do with wvw and parties. Besides its great to talk to guys on other servers.

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantDan.5149

LieutenantDan.5149

Read the text?! Some kitten people invite you to their party in wvw when they loose. I usually don’t accept invites from other server in wvw, but they can see your name even if you don’t accept the invite.

It already does this. It says <server name> <rank> until you accept the invite.
Ex: if you invited me to a party, it would say Henge of Denravi Raider until I hit that accept button.

Dragonbrand – Warsworn [WAR]
Whitney Lionheart (Guardian)

in WvW

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

Yeha i did, and as someone already pointed out, it only shows the name if you accept it, simple solution, dont accept and simply block.
Still dont see what this has to do with WvW sorry, it’s a simple problem with people accepting random invites.

in WvW

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

Off Topic: How do you invite somebody from other servers????

in WvW

Xirin.8593

It already does this. It says <server name> <rank> until you accept the invite.
Ex: if you invited me to a party, it would say Henge of Denravi Raider until I hit that accept button.

Yeha i did, and as someone already pointed out, it only shows the name if you accept it, simple solution, dont accept and simply block.
Still dont see what this has to do with WvW sorry, it’s a simple problem with people accepting random invites.

Only until they take a waypoint. That was the bug I mentioned.

If the invite remains pending and the person who sent the invite takes a waypoint (key here is probably so they get a loading screen)…then once they finish zoning they will see your Character/Account name and not just Invader anymore.

The only way to avoid abuse of this bug is to decline immediately, before they can waypoint, which isn’t always possible.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Mathemagician.1836

Mathemagician.1836

Off Topic: How do you invite somebody from other servers????

Have the player selected, then click on the party button at the top where the portraits go. It’ll have an option to invite that player (it’ll auto-fill-in the name as [Server X – Rank Y]). I use it when I lose an even-or-in-my-favor-odds-fight just to pop in and say good job.

Hopf Bifurcation, Norn Mesmer, We Are Owl Exterminators [OWL], No Dice [DICE]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

edit: my fault.. didnt read first

i grouped up with hundreds of enemies in wvw after duels (sometimes for fun sometimes, for more dules, sometimes because they wanted to complain that i killed them in the jp for example … but noone ever made something like putting your name in a gw2lfg topic…. i guess you just had bad luck and met maybe the worst player in the game who cant accept to lose a fight or who just is sadistic and has fun at annoying other players :/ )

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

in WvW

Xirin.8593

They do NOT see your name if you dont accept the invite!!!….
So if you dont want them to see your name…. then it is your fault if you accept!

Is this for real? Read my post literally 2 up from yours. I clearly explain how it is possible.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

I /laugh them when they try to invite me. Then I /sit on their faces for even trying.

It’s more amusing when they do invite as you can see their name and account name if you let the invite idle. That’s when I place them on /block.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I like the party system. Every party invite I’ve received and sent has been for build details or friendly “wanna have a duel 1v1 – stop attacking at rally” request.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

Our brotherhood uses it to arrange duels and discuss friendly.
The good use worths over bad uses.

Best,

Haltair, one of the twelve shadows

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]