Did Anet secretly fix population?

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Did Anet secretly fix the population issues?

All NA save the last two tiers are fairly even scorewise. Guess T7 was the sacrificial lamb.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Good lord what happened to t7…No nothing has been done yet, its the weekend more people are on so scores are generally closer, during the week when people have less time to play it usually goes back to normal.

Anything that anet does in regards to upcoming changes that deal with things like population balance will be beta tested on live servers.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Rednar.4690

Rednar.4690

If you’re curious Devona’s Rest has got great coverage on every map, we’re outnumbered everywhere. From what I’m seeing they’ll rise pretty fast through the tiers (fast meaning a few weeks, glicko takes its time), but they definitely belong at the moment somewhere way above T7.

~Red Kvothe~
Kaineng Server
Leader of The Doors of Stone [DS]

in WvW

Posted by: Shining One.1635

Shining One.1635

When did DR get such a population boost?

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

In T3, SBI dropped down and was replaced by Darkhaven. SBI had been kind of a wet noodle in the matchup which allowed Maguuma to focus solely on SoS with the biggest zergs they could muster. That led to SBI having a low score and the other two being fairly close, though Maguuma had the edge.

This week, with Darkhaven actually being a threat, no one is getting any sort of runaway score. It’s a super even matchup and I’m really loving it, tbh.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

When did DR get such a population boost?

I don’t think they got a pop boost so much as the other servers being dead.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

SoR been pretty dead for a while now.

Kaineng just had a minor internal conflict, which made some people go elsewhere, some play other things etc. I doubt we will recover entirely, but should at least give some resistance again later on. Sorry for being so boring these days :p

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

equal score doesnt mean much
it can means equally dead

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

How would they secretely “fix” population issues? Murder people in their sleep?

Because I seriously doubt someone would go “hm, why am I on Sea of Sorrows today when I was on Yaks Bend yesterday? Well, guess its just a visual bug that happen to everyone, np”.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Because I seriously doubt someone would go “hm, why am I on Sea of Sorrows today when I was on Yaks Bend yesterday? Well, guess its just a visual bug that happen to everyone, np”.

lol

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Because I seriously doubt someone would go "hm, why am I on Sea of Sorrows today when I was on Yaks Bend yesterday?

Hm, this would not be very silent, except maybe if done with f2p’s that cannot post in the forum

At least this would be silent but more (still not very) likely is: You discoverd ANets secret plan to repopulate WvW, they licensed the go-player software from Alphabet, and trained it to run Pug-Bots, already populating server in imbalanced matches, currently they are training it to be pug-commander, it already works well for PvD-train commander

The beta-test in April will be: Player defend objectives against attacking Pug-Bot trains
and in june the hope to have finished training of the neuronal-net such that we can beta-test open-field battles between guilds and pug-bot blobs

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

close matchups are best matchups! <3

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Yikes. Feel bad for T7 folks.

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

Is it sad to admit that “We’re used to it” ? It happens easily down here, because 10 people moving to a server can make that much difference. This case DR got some more (think someone mentioned 10-20) And Kaineng is on hiatus right now due to various reasons. So from leading Bronze at #16, we’re down to T7 punching bag for a while. Lost count how many times it happened to us by now :p

Will see what happens when DR get bounced up, and who gets bounced back down.

in WvW

Posted by: Melanurus.1506

Melanurus.1506

No they did not, if you look at t2 it has become extremely toxic right now with TC buying up t1 guilds and there is a severe to say the least population imbalance. FA and DB as two servers cannot match TCs numbers and coverage. I for one can not wait for the april update.

in WvW

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Kaineng just had a minor internal conflict, which made some people go elsewhere, some play other things etc. I doubt we will recover entirely, but should at least give some resistance again later on. Sorry for being so boring these days :p

If by ‘minor internal conflict’ you mean [KS] and looks like [HERO] both jumping for other servers, then yes.

We’re down to basically [SIN], [Owls], and [DS] as WvW guilds with any singificant numbers, and maybe [HELL] helping out if they haven’t left.

And I think my sad little [TACO] guild and [RaW] are the only regular roamers.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

If by ’minor internal conflict’ you mean [KS] and looks like [HERO] both jumping for other servers, then yes.

We’re down to basically [SIN], [Owls], and [DS] as WvW guilds with any singificant numbers, and maybe [HELL] helping out if they haven’t left.

And I think my sad little [TACO] guild and [RaW] are the only regular roamers.

It’s not quite that bad, but it will take a while to get back up again. As with all guild/server drama, it puts a lot of people off for a while, and people go do different things for some time etc. Some transfers off, some goes to play other games, or hide in PvE (or heavens forbid go outside and gets a life!). Some will come back again, others won’t. So we’re in that slump now, after a while we will slowly get back to it, but with a bit less players than before.

(I’ve been really lazy myself, busy with work lately, and spending my free week now to test out a trial of BDO to see how it is.)

Glad to see some new small guilds on the server though!

in WvW

Posted by: Rysil.5487

Rysil.5487

Is it sad to admit that “We’re used to it” ? It happens easily down here, because 10 people moving to a server can make that much difference. This case DR got some more (think someone mentioned 10-20) And Kaineng is on hiatus right now due to various reasons. So from leading Bronze at #16, we’re down to T7 punching bag for a while. Lost count how many times it happened to us by now :p

Will see what happens when DR get bounced up, and who gets bounced back down.

Yeah, DR got around 10 people a few days ago. We’ve been doing pretty well over the past few weeks regardless of these folk. There’s some of us who can’t play during US evenings, so we tend to take quite a bit during that down time.

Kappa City | Arcus Pride [ArcP]
Asuran Engineer
Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

No they did not, if you look at t2 it has become extremely toxic right now with TC buying up t1 guilds and there is a severe to say the least population imbalance. FA and DB as two servers cannot match TCs numbers and coverage. I for one can not wait for the april update.

This is a sad little routine considering you all have been saying this since you were in the lower tiers while continuing to play mainly in the early am hours in NA.

You out number TC during the hours you all have chosen to play and you out numbered all the other servers all the way up to number two.

All I can say is I’m grateful I don’t have to buy a used car from whoever taught you all this sales spin.