Did [GSCH] Gaiscioch actually leave SoR?

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Just wondering, since I keep seeing them on Tarnished Coast. I remember [GSCH] members had said probably hundreds of times that they would never leave Sanctum of Rall as long as that server still existed in the game.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

I’ve seen a couple of Gaiscioch on Tarnished Coast but I haven’t seen them en masse. It might just be the odd few?

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: SolKitty.1390

SolKitty.1390

I’m wondering if these people you’ve seen may have only been guesting, as well? Unless you’ve been seeing them in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

I saw one in wvw the other day, on an enemy server.

I play on Darkhaven.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Spartyr.6795

Spartyr.6795

Gaiscioch will never leave SoR. If you’re seeing GSCH on other servers, they are guesting or a different guild.

Spartyr – Norn Thief
[GSCH] Gaiscioch Gaming Community

in WvW

Posted by: Jeff.5139

Jeff.5139

Gaiscioch [GSCH] is a permanent feature of Sanctum of Rall. As a long standing gaming community active since 2001 [GSCH] lobbied very hard to get SoR named after their member Roger Rall (1946-2011).

[GSCH] members have of course always been free to roam and if they want to play WvW with friends in other servers I personally don’t see anything wrong with that and SoR will always be here to welcome them back when they come home.

[GSCH] is not just staying in SoR it will exert every effort to ensure that the server is active and that it will last as long as possible in memory of Roger Rall, in fact you can guest with us and participate in several of the community PvE and WvW events open to Rallians and guests from other servers alike, sponsored by guilds such as [GSCH] which also hands out prizes for participation such as Legendaries on a weekly basis.

SANCTUM OF RALL – MORE FUN BEYOND BORDERS!
For details and inquiries please visit: http://www.sanctumofrall.com/great-tyrian-adventure.html

(edited by Jeff.5139)

in WvW

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

It’s not the GSCH from SoR. It is people from other guilds from SoR running under the tag.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It’s not the GSCH from SoR. It is people from other guilds from SoR running under the tag.

Why?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

Bravo Gaiscioch. In the past few MMORPGs I have played, it has always been against you (WAR, RIFT, GW2). Seeing your dedication to your guildmate is inspiring, and a good reminder that the names in red are good people. You are a great opponent, a great guild, and a great example to all of us.

/salute

Hyade and his flamethrower

in WvW

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

Why?

I was surprised when I saw the tag in TCBL last night. Then I saw who their commander was and laughed. Go ask Hammered.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

GSCH allows their members to play where they want as a Guest, however we do have a policy against using a roster slot when you are not native to SOR. Members who transfer off SOR are removed from the roster as soon as they are discovered.

Gaiscioch has been and forever will be home to Sanctum of Rall. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either insane or trolling you. When they close SOR we leave this game. We love this server and the memory of our dear friend way too much to have it any other way.

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

in WvW

Posted by: Bharel.4328

Bharel.4328

While, I know there will always be Gaiscioch on Sor. In reading the post topic, I had a flashback to the summer I was 11. I came home from summer camp and my parents had moved and there was a mini-mall where my house was. Ah, fun times, fun times.

I showed them though, I finally found them and lived in their basement until I was 36.

Thudden Bluhndr, the lost Norn
Sanctum of Rall
[GSCH] The Gaiscioch Family

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Why?

I was surprised when I saw the tag in TCBL last night. Then I saw who their commander was and laughed. Go ask Hammered.

What was the actual guild name?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: marionimous.5961

marionimous.5961

no they did not transferred and they never will be because i heard they will be there forever in honor of their dearest comrade.

Cthutulu – Guardian
Ground ZërO [ZërO]
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Screenshot it next time. It sounds like a troll attempt to me.
It wouldn’t be the first time some misguided vendetta is aimed at the family.

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Gaiscioch na Rall is still on SoR I’ve seen them in WvW for the past week.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in WvW

Posted by: Sekkerhund.3790

Sekkerhund.3790

Due to server events and other reasons, there are a few GSCH members who are not native to Sanctum of Rall. Their total is just a drop in the bucket compared to the overall roster, so just because someone sees a GSCH tag on another server, even in WvW, does not mean that GSCH has transferred off of Sanctum of Rall. With ~750 active members, believe me… people would know if GSCH had moved to their server.

(Which will never happen: Anet will have to forcibly move us off and close the server.)

Unfortunately, other than WvW, there’s no reliable way to determine the server of origin of a player. A lack of guild management tools, plus being able to join multiple guilds and “guest” on other servers just complicates the job of tracking movements and activities of guild members.

So if someone (from a server other than SoR) notices a friendly player wearing the Gaiscioch na Rall guild name on their WvW maps, please send a screenshot w/their character name and tag to Foghladha. They may not be aware of our policy, so its best if he deals with it. (Including their GW2 Account ID would be a plus, just use Report feature to easily find it)

(edited by Sekkerhund.3790)

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

No problem guys, I didn’t mean to start a big thing here. With all the transfers off of SoR, I found believable, but still very surprising, that [GSCH] might have moved. But I’m glad to hear that you guys are sticking with your original server (^_^).

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: Jeff.5139

Jeff.5139

From what I know Gaiscíoch members belong to one of several [GSCH] groups such as Gaiscioch na Rall, Gaisioch, Gaiscioch na Anu, Gaiscíoch na Morrigan, etc., members are free to enjoy the game how they want but are requested to drop their [GSCH] tag and join the waiting list if they are not going to be active in SoR, so as to open space in the roster.

For more details feel free to check out: http://www.gaiscioch.com/